Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4208499 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17135: Aug 19, 2014 04:15:53 pm
      What are you on about? Falcao has returned after the knee injury and is already scoring again the only thing buggered is people on here not wanting to sign him for some strange reasons.

Have people said they don't want to sign him?
      Under the right circumstances it'd seem like a no brainer to me.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #17136: Aug 19, 2014 04:26:16 pm
      What are you on about? Falcao has returned after the knee injury and is already scoring again the only thing buggered is people not wanting to sign him for some strange reasons.

You asked why his wages matter. What I'm "on about" is that his wages matter if he becomes injured again as it will limit our chances in the next transfer window.

If he doesn't get an injury the problem doesn't arise - it's a balance of risks. But saying it's not something we have to factor in just because he is "already scoring again" is bizarre.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #17137: Aug 19, 2014 04:30:58 pm

You asked why his wages matter. What I'm "on about" is that his wages matter if he becomes injured again as it will limit our chances in the next transfer window.

If he doesn't get an injury the problem doesn't arise - it's a balance of risks. But saying it's not something we have to factor in just because he is "already scoring again" is bizarre.

Look that's a risk you take with EVERY high profile signing. We're back mixing with the big boys now we can't worry about such risks if an opportunity to sign a world class player on loan for a season presents itself. Not wanting to take this risk for fear of losing a few million quid while playing in the Champions League is what I find "bizarre".
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #17138: Aug 19, 2014 04:32:34 pm

Lets not sign anyone then even if they score loads of goals because they may get injured.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #17139: Aug 19, 2014 04:36:39 pm
      Look that's a risk you take with EVERY high profile signing. We're back mixing with the big boys now we can't worry about such risks if an opportunity to sign a world class player on loan for a season presents itself. Not wanting to take this risk for fear of losing a few million quid while playing in the Champions League is what I find "bizarre".

It appears we have made enquiries about him so he is under consideration - how serious that is I don't know.

But we are talking about an investment that might total £30 million pounds - potentially enough to buy (not hire for a year) the next Suarez. That's why we have to weigh up whether it's worth the cost.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #17140: Aug 19, 2014 04:40:14 pm
      It appears we have made enquiries about him so he is under consideration - how serious that is I don't know.

But we are talking about an investment that might total £30 million pounds - potentially enough to buy (not hire for a year) the next Suarez. That's why we have to weigh up whether it's worth the cost.

Fair enough mate I read the loan deal would cost £20 million in total including wages. £30 million is obviously excessive for one season. Although I don't believe it will be that amount.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #17141: Aug 19, 2014 04:42:11 pm
      Lets not sign anyone then even if they score loads of goals because they may get injured.

Good point. In fact why bother even doing a medical?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #17142: Aug 19, 2014 04:43:31 pm

Now you're just being silly.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #17143: Aug 19, 2014 04:45:17 pm
      Fair enough mate I read the loan deal would cost £20 million in total including wages. £30 million is obviously excessive for one season. Although I don't believe it will be that amount.

If he wins us the title even 30 million would clearly be worth it.

Ideally therefore we could offer a big loan fee and 200k per week wages as long as he has an incentive-based contract whereby he would have to play a minmum number of games (and even better score a minimum number of goals!).

If that happened everyone would be a winner but would he agree to it?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #17144: Aug 19, 2014 06:14:16 pm

Lmao
       I think my opinion has been taken out of context, now I know how players feel.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #17145: Aug 19, 2014 06:24:40 pm
      Personally think we already have the anwser to that issue with Markovic, Sterling, Sturridge. As well as Coutinho and Henderson chipping in a decent amount.

The nesscity of a striker being needed for me is one who can score 10-15 to help us with or without Sturridge there is no need for another 30+ goalscorer.

Obviously a Falcao or Cavani would make us stronger but we don't NEED them imo.

We will if Danny gets injured. That surely is the biggest concern here, the lad has been injured every season since he turned pro, chances are it will happen again this year. Our season is basically down the toilet if he does get injured for a prolonged period. It's as simple as that for me. We have to be a legitimate replacement. Et'o isn't it, neither if Borini. Has to be someone of genuine quality.

If we don't get it done it will be just as bad as when we went into the 2012 season with Luis as ur only recognised striker having somehow missed it on the relatively cheap option of Dempsey.

Really playing with fire if the club let it run right up until deadline day.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17146: Aug 19, 2014 06:45:59 pm

Strange observation that one. To be the best you have to some of the best players around and those 2 are two of the best out and out strikers around.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17147: Aug 19, 2014 07:11:35 pm
      It might be easier to take your opinion on players seriously if you knew how to spell their names correctly.
      :rasp:

djb447
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • I always tell the truth, even when I lie
      Reply #17148: Aug 19, 2014 07:56:40 pm
      I estimate cavani will cost at least 55 million. We already have a good attack section. We just need a decent backup if sturridge gets injured. Markovic can definitely help with that. What we NEED is a strong defensive midfielder. Gerrard can't do what he's doing for many more years. If we could get a young world class defensive midfielder like Paul pogba it would be the shock of the summer. Obviously this is just wishful thinking ;D.

I don't like the 4-2-3-1 formation,  I think
      4-1-2-1-2 is better.
                           Mignolet
      Manquillo Skrtel Lovren Moreno
                            Gerrard
      Henderson                    Coutinho
                             Lallana
                    Sterling    Sturridge

What do you guys think?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #17149: Aug 19, 2014 08:02:41 pm
      I estimate cavani will cost at least 55 million. We already have a good attack section. We just need a decent backup if sturridge gets injured. Markovic can definitely help with that. What we NEED is a strong defensive midfielder. Gerrard can't do what he's doing for many more years. If we could get a young world class defensive midfielder like Paul pogba it would be the shock of the summer. Obviously this is just wishful thinking ;D.

4-1-2-1-2 is better.
                           Mignolet
                            Gerrard
                             Lallana
                    Sterling    Sturridge

What do you guys think?

So Lallana is the man who essentially replaces Suarez in that attacking third?

No thank you.
      djb447
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • I always tell the truth, even when I lie
      Reply #17150: Aug 19, 2014 08:05:05 pm
      Lallana will be a central attacking midfielder
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #17151: Aug 19, 2014 08:06:50 pm

4-1-2-1-2 is better.
                           Mignolet
                            Gerrard
                             Lallana
                    Sterling    Sturridge

What do you guys think?

We need a great striker upfront not just to score goals but to let the attackig players do their job. Suarez not only scored but he dragged players towards him, freeing other players. We do not have a good enough player to play as false 9 in this team. The only player good eough there would be Gerrard IMO.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #17152: Aug 19, 2014 09:18:07 pm
      Strange observation that one. To be the best you have to some of the best players around and those 2 are two of the best out and out strikers around.

When talking about this I meant in regards to replacing Suarez goal gap not being the best around but I agree they'd make us immensely stronger. Just didn't think we NEEDED them for replacing the goals of Suarez.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17153: Aug 19, 2014 09:23:51 pm
      When talking about this I meant in regards to replacing Suarez goal gap not being the best around but I agree they'd make us immensely stronger. Just didn't think we NEEDED them for replacing the goals of Suarez.

Get what you're saying. But it wasn't just the goals Suarez was getting, it was the assists too. Although Falcao and Cavani probably wouldn't get as many assists they would still create so much more space for Sturridge and Sterling as well as scoring a shed load of goals.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17154: Aug 19, 2014 09:31:39 pm
      Id take Etoo on 2 conditions

No crazy wage, hes enough money made he can get a decent wage and play for the love of the game before retiring

And most importantly that we sign someone else to!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #17155: Aug 19, 2014 09:33:20 pm
      Get what you're saying. But it wasn't just the goals Suarez was getting, it was the assists too. Although Falcao and Cavani probably wouldn't get as many assists they would still create so much more space for Sturridge and Sterling as well as scoring a shed load of goals.

Fair enough, I get that too. I am just saying to score the amount we need for to be successful in the league we can do it without Facao or Cavani.

But my thinking wasn't really aimed at Sturridge being out for most of the season which would be highly unfortunate.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #17156: Aug 19, 2014 09:34:08 pm
      It seems like Negredo is no longer wanted at City -- read a rumor that he won't even make the squad list for the Champions League.  He'd be worth a punt, but probably wouldn't be available to us until deadline day....
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #17157: Aug 19, 2014 09:44:26 pm
      It seems like Negredo is no longer wanted at City -- read a rumor that he won't even make the squad list for the Champions League.  He'd be worth a punt, but probably wouldn't be available to us until deadline day....
      You "Read a rumor"! Shame on you Harry! I'd be very surprised if Negredo was allowed to leave in all honesty.

Quick Reply