Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4214734 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #23483: Feb 11, 2016 07:53:43 pm
      Costa is sh*t anyway. Really pisses me off when I see him and Suarez compared. Suarez has more talent in his left tooth than Costa has in his whole body.

He's far from sh*t.

Would you prefer Benteke and Balotelli?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #23484: Feb 11, 2016 08:08:19 pm
      Spot on Walton, we lack aggression, nastiness and an unwavering will to win.

don't agree, i am sure lallana could give someone a nasty Chinese burn
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #23485: Feb 11, 2016 08:35:16 pm
      Costa's a top striker but sometimes he gets too distracted trying to get himself sent off rather than helping the team and performing well. I like players who get stuck in and make their presence felt but I don't like it when a player's behaviour is a detriment to the team.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #23486: Feb 11, 2016 10:47:06 pm
      I'd like to see us go after Mandanda and Banega this summer.  Both are available on free transfers and both would add a lot to our first team.  Mandanda has quality and experience and at 30 years old he's right in his prime for a GK.  Banega would bring some much needed creativity and vision to our midfield.  Both players would immediately challenge for a spot in the first team, and since they're both free agents we could focus our transfer funds towards one or two truly world-class stars.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #23487: Feb 11, 2016 11:08:21 pm
      Oh to have a Souness in the team! And even though he was a Manc I'd always love a player like Roy Keane in the team. The sort where his fellow team mates would be as scared as the opposition! I get the impression that spending 10 minutes in the dressing room with this lot would be like spending an evening with Jeremy Corbyn discussing his favourite B roads in Essex.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #23488: Feb 12, 2016 06:28:31 am
      Agree
      That's why a proper DM or CB with real character and top class ability both technically and vocally is so important in the summer window.
      One who commands and deserves both respect and a bit of fear from both his team mates and opposition.
      Add to that a equally strong keeper, some wide player who can actually deliver and we may have a chance at top 4 next season
      So basically we need 4 top quality players at least come the beginning of August.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #23489: Feb 12, 2016 02:08:53 pm
      A lot of folks on this board rolled their eyes when Brendan was after Clint Dempsey, but he's got the exact type of mean streak and hard nosed personality that people are crying out for. He's not a dirty player but he's not afraid to mix it up and push people's buttons. I honestly think (and this isn't national bias) that he'd have been a really useful player to us. He can score a goal, he's got loads of skill, good with both feet and he's a fighter. But alas that train has sailed ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #23490: Feb 12, 2016 02:33:00 pm
      A lot of folks on this board rolled their eyes when Brendan was after Clint Dempsey, but he's got the exact type of mean streak and hard nosed personality that people are crying out for. He's not a dirty player but he's not afraid to mix it up and push people's buttons. I honestly think (and this isn't national bias) that he'd have been a really useful player to us. He can score a goal, he's got loads of skill, good with both feet and he's a fighter. But alas that train has sailed ;D

Not sure I can get behind your football insight mate when your train based knowledge is so poor  :D

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #23491: Feb 12, 2016 02:46:34 pm

He also acts like a child (ripping the refs book up for example)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #23492: Feb 12, 2016 02:54:53 pm
      He also acts like a child (ripping the refs book up for example)

Well because most players never do anything petulant :lmao:

And for the record...I thought that was flipping hilarious.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #23493: Feb 12, 2016 03:19:26 pm
      Well because most players never do anything petulant :lmao:

And for the record...I thought that was flipping hilarious.

#SeattleInvented being petulant
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #23494: Feb 12, 2016 03:44:49 pm

Isn't that the truth!!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #23495: Feb 12, 2016 10:00:54 pm
      No idea if he is any good but can't be any worse than our DM options at the moment

http://readliverpoolfc.com/2016/02/12/spanish-midfielder-visited-melwood-this-week/
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23496: Feb 12, 2016 10:57:39 pm

He has had injury issues in the recent past. He had surgery on his hip in March 2015 and struggled to get back fit until December as he kept picking up nagging injuries.

Sounds like our kind of player.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #23497: Feb 12, 2016 11:19:24 pm

same level as Emre Can.

Don't think he will be a good signing to be honest, but as a backup player or back up to Xhaka then I don't see why not
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #23498: Feb 12, 2016 11:24:44 pm
      same level as Emre Can.

Don't think he will be a good signing to be honest, but as a backup player or back up to Xhaka then I don't see why not

Yes but the question is does he get sent off as regularly as Granit.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #23499: Feb 13, 2016 01:28:26 am
      same level as Emre Can.

Far from it. He is damn good on the ball. From what I remember when I watched him, he was like the mobile version of Lucas but with better passing. I actually mentioned his name in the summer as one of the DM we should be looking at.
      As of this season, I don't know what hes like, but when he's fit and playing, he makes a huge difference to Malaga.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #23500: Feb 13, 2016 11:37:12 am
      Malaga midfielder Ignacio Camacho, 25, visited Melwood with his agent on Thursday.

http://readliverpoolfc.com/2016/02/12/spanish-midfielder-visited-melwood-this-week/
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #23501: Feb 13, 2016 12:53:22 pm

Great another injury prone player linked with us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #23502: Feb 13, 2016 01:08:05 pm
      Great another injury prone player linked with us.

In the link it does state he is ''finally getting over his injury problems''.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #23503: Feb 17, 2016 12:34:54 pm
      Strongly linked with Xhaka, the Borussia midfielder. For a long time we've been asking for more steel in midfield, Klopp seems to be favouring Granit instead, bad dum tshh!

In some places it's rumoured we've got £30m already accepted but I don't believe that for even one moment.

A very clever footballer who would feature heavily on the pass before the assist stat if they were ever introduced, be very interesting if we pursue this one and I suspect we'd have an awful lot of competition for his signature too.

Just great to be linked with the likes of Xhaka/Goetze again rather than the premiership proven dullness we've become far too used to.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #23504: Feb 17, 2016 12:51:17 pm
      Strongly linked with Xhaka, the Borussia midfielder. For a long time we've been asking for more steel in midfield, Klopp seems to be favouring Granit instead, bad dum tshh!

In some places it's rumoured we've got £30m already accepted but I don't believe that for even one moment.

A very clever footballer who would feature heavily on the pass before the assist stat if they were ever introduced, be very interesting if we pursue this one and I suspect we'd have an awful lot of competition for his signature too.

Just great to be linked with the likes of Xhaka/Goetze again rather than the premiership proven dullness we've become far too used to.

It wouldn't surprise me if we get him or someone very similar Luke. 

I only posted yesterday somewhere that we'll prioritise a no nonsense, F**k off type midfielder and a WR player who scores for fun. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #23505: Feb 17, 2016 12:58:10 pm

Quick Reply