Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210433 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31671: Aug 07, 2017 09:34:16 am
      That will *never* happen. Sakho is history at LFC. Sakho should have done what Klopp told him last summer - go on a loan -
       he didn't -end of. Unfortunately, he is not getting any offers, even £25m from CP and he will be off.

A few weeks ago any one would have told you Moreno was a goner, no future at the club etc.

Circumstances can change, if we cant get VVD till next summer don't be surprised if Klopp decides to utilise the French international defender he has at the club rather than rushing out and buying one who wasn't on his radar.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31672: Aug 07, 2017 09:45:45 am
      For me thus far this transfer window has been a damp squid, and certainly noting to crow about.... Our three signings thus far, although and improvement on the players we had can hardly be view in the light of being a successful window...Salah (a step up) can hardly be view as a top sign,Solanke (Promising) one for the future, and Robertson (average)...Had we signed someone top Quality, like a Kylian Mbappé, Neymar etc with the addition of three players we sign,Then we would be looking at a successful window, instead of another damp squid
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31673: Aug 07, 2017 09:59:20 am
      For me thus far this transfer window has been a damp squid, and certainly noting to crow about.... Our three signings thus far, although and improvement on the players we had can hardly be view in the light of being a successful window...Salah (a step up) can hardly be view as a top sign,Solanke (Promising) one for the future, and Robertson (average)...Had we signed someone top Quality, like a Kylian Mbappé, Neymar etc with the addition of three players we sign,Then we would be looking at a successful window, instead of another damp squid

Damp squib mate.  ;D

Real squids aren't just damp, they're literally F***ing wet mate.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31674: Aug 07, 2017 10:03:09 am
      Real squids aren't just damp, they're literally F***ing wet mate.

I just want to know who's the fake Donavan Ried
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31675: Aug 07, 2017 11:26:20 am
      Coutinho back in the news. 120mill. Said before, will again, won't be happy until the window closes and he's still here. Its not the fans who decide if he stays. Would imagine FSG will be seeing dollar signs, and maybe thinking they can spin the positives.

Depressing. Our only F***ing transfer news is the possibility our best player might leave.

Oh, sorry, forgot about Moreno, who is 'like' a new signing. Eh, no, he's Moreno. Remember, the one that can't defend...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31676: Aug 07, 2017 11:43:44 am
      Said it a few weeks ago that Robertson would be our last signing. Looks more and more likely that this will be the case.

For Fucks sake!!!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #31677: Aug 07, 2017 11:48:23 am
      We need the quality for our starting 11 if we are to do anything in the CL or get backing in it next season. As far as I'm concerned we've done our bit and we're still doing it in regards of player development. Coutinho bought for 8.5 mill and now quoting 120 mill. Sterling, Suarez, torres all bought reletively cheap and sold for a big profit. Where's the reinvestment in the squad for all this work done developing players.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #31678: Aug 07, 2017 12:25:27 pm
      Coutinho back in the news. 120mill. Said before, will again, won't be happy until the window closes and he's still here. Its not the fans who decide if he stays. Would imagine FSG will be seeing dollar signs, and maybe thinking they can spin the positives.

Depressing. Our only f**king transfer news is the possibility our best player might leave.

Oh, sorry, forgot about Moreno, who is 'like' a new signing. Eh, no, he's Moreno. Remember, the one that can't defend...

Agree about the transfer window, it just brings misery and uncertainty, at least it does for us. Our two main targets, tracked for months and neither signed. Coutinho unsettled just before the start of the season, and they're spinning us that Moreno and others will be like new signings. Do they take us for mugs?

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,261 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31679: Aug 07, 2017 12:27:32 pm
      Whats the craic with this Gomes lad from Barce being linked as part of Coutinho deal? Any use?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31680: Aug 07, 2017 12:28:24 pm
      Agree about the transfer window, it just brings misery and uncertainty, at least it does for us. Our two main targets, tracked for months and neither signed. Coutinho unsettled just before the start of the season, and they're spinning us that Moreno and others will be like new signings. Do they take us for mugs?

Who are 'they'? I thought it was only Klopp that suggested they're like new signings.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #31681: Aug 07, 2017 01:01:11 pm
      Who are 'they'? I thought it was only Klopp that suggested they're like new signings.

Sorry, I just meant that I feel it's the party line, I know it was Klopp who said it, but I am sure FSG are on board with the message. If it is Klopp and him alone, then I think he's misjudged our fan base. To be told that Milner will be like a new midfield signing is insulting.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #31682: Aug 07, 2017 01:08:23 pm
      Sorry, I just meant that I feel it's the party line, I know it was Klopp who said it, but I am sure FSG are on board with the message. If it is Klopp and him alone, then I think he's misjudged our fan base. To be told that Milner will be like a new midfield signing is insulting.

Agreed
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 728 
      Reply #31683: Aug 07, 2017 01:08:47 pm
      https://twitter.com/JARiiseOfficial/status/894526333937692673

"Sahko is like a new signing" (COMING SOON)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6384 
      Reply #31684: Aug 07, 2017 01:08:48 pm

Particularly insulting when we go from VVD and Keita to Milner and Moreno/Gomez/Take your pick of our CBs......
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #31685: Aug 07, 2017 01:20:00 pm
      Particularly insulting when we go from VVD and Keita to Milner and Moreno/Gomez/Take your pick of our CBs......

We had to use a stopgap at CB last season in Lucas to me that shows we are short of cover wether it's injury or form. Who's turn will it be this season, Can or maybe Grujic.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #31686: Aug 07, 2017 01:29:28 pm
      If we don't get a CB this is all on Klopp

He's taken a look, had almost two seasons to do so, and we all know how poor we have been in defence, yet now after half a dozen pre season games, we're good to go?

Not buying that at all.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #31687: Aug 07, 2017 01:34:39 pm

I'd love it if we kept him. Fantastic player and for my money better than Lovren on his day
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31688: Aug 07, 2017 01:44:30 pm

Going into the season with no CB or GK changes, I'd expect more of the same in our back 3rd.
      Without Lucas to fill in, and with the added pressure of Europe, can't see how Jürgen would have any choice but to try and patch things up Sakho, assuming he's still on the books.
      But am still hopeful we will sign VVD.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6384 
      Reply #31689: Aug 07, 2017 02:10:49 pm
      I'd love it if we kept him. Fantastic player and for my money better than Lovren on his day

I agree, but don't you think it would have been a good idea to have him training with the first team if we may have to count on him to...you know....play with the first team?

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #31690: Aug 07, 2017 02:13:16 pm
      I agree, but don't you think it would have been a good idea to have him training with the first team if we may have to count on him to...you know....play with the first team?

Yea strange one. If is going to play this season for us it'll be after impressing for the u23s and earning his way back in
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31691: Aug 07, 2017 03:04:04 pm

A big, F**k off, U turn (so big we'd be in danger of disappearing up our own holes) would certainly save "us" money that "we" could use to er... that "we" could use to erm... that "we" could use to buy, to buy... er... erm somebody who isn't a target? 😄😄

Is Flippity Flopping cuntageous? 🙄😄

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #31692: Aug 07, 2017 03:52:27 pm
      Moreno has been pants for three seasons. Yet after 2 decent pre-season games "he's 100% back"?

The right side of defence we're quite tidy, but left side with Lovren Millner/Moreno is a mistake waiting to happen. For that matter, we've needed a solid defence for about 10 years now.

We want VVD and VVD says he wants to join us and nobody else, but we say we won't approach Soton' until they give us the green light (because we were almost caught tapping him up). What green light? As if Soton' are going to wake up one morning and ring LFC saying "Ok you can approach us for our captain and star player." They have no reason to do that, and FSG know they have no reason to do that. We are pathetic.

If we were deemed not to have done anything wrong, just bid!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31693: Aug 07, 2017 03:54:24 pm
      Moreno has been pants for three seasons. Yet after 2 decent pre-season games "he's 100% back"?

The right side of defence we're quite tidy, but left side with Lovren Millner/Moreno is a mistake waiting to happen. For that matter, we've needed a solid defence for about 10 years now.

We want VVD and VVD says he wants to join us and nobody else, but we say we won't approach Soton' until they give us the green light (because we were almost caught tapping him up). What green light? As if Soton' are going to wake up one morning and ring LFC saying "Ok you can approach us for our captain and star player." They have no reason to do that, and FSG know they have no reason to do that. We are pathetic.

If we were deemed not to have done anything wrong, just bid!

So Robertson is sh*t already is he, you sure are fast at evaluating players and giving them a fair chance!

Quick Reply