Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4214804 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35213: May 19, 2018 01:52:14 pm
      One credible link to Dembele from Barca and will lose my sh*t royally.......

I honestly believe that kid is an outrageous talent.......just needing a hug from Kloppo to get back on track :)

What's  cool is that links like this are now believable and credible.

Thanks Jürgen!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35214: May 19, 2018 02:02:33 pm
      He's actually not. If you put Klopp in charge of Pep's team this year, they'd have won the triple. Put Guardiola in  charge of our team and they wouldn't be in a CL final like we are.

Perhaps not in the CL final, but the way I see it, Pep has his team set up to break down defensive teams better than Klopp, and in a less intensive fashion, so maybe we'd be higher in the league or would have won it?

I love both styles of football, but if I were Jorginho, I would choose Guardiola over Klopp because it's more focused on the technical aspect than fitness.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35215: May 19, 2018 02:02:42 pm
      One credible link to Dembele from Barca and will lose my sh*t royally.......

I honestly believe that kid is an outrageous talent.......just needing a hug from Kloppo to get back on track :)

It has been suggested that messi insisted on special drills in training to work on the link up with dembele which suggests the little man is a fan as well
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #35216: May 19, 2018 02:07:37 pm
      It has been suggested that messi insisted on special drills in training to work on the link up with dembele which suggests the little man is a fan as well

I’d liken him to Henry when Arsenal signed him after a tough time in Italy..........

Just needs calming down and focusing........
      Begs
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | 13 
      Reply #35217: May 19, 2018 02:15:59 pm
      F**k yeah, he won't be playing every week or every month for that matter but, imagine him as a player GK coach, called upon only when required, his experiences alone would enhance Karius and whoever no end,
      It's extremely unlikely to happen but you just can't buy experience like he has.

YNWA

I was thinking the same thing! A player-coach type.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35218: May 19, 2018 02:21:58 pm
      He's actually not. If you put Klopp in charge of Pep's team this year, they'd have won the triple. Put Guardiola in  charge of our team and they wouldn't be in a CL final like we are.

There's no argument mate, Pep has changed the game and has changed everything in every league he goes to.

Klopp is the same.
      Kopite78
      Reply #35219: May 19, 2018 02:48:49 pm
      Klopp and Guardiola are both quality manager's

The two best around currently in my opinion

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #35220: May 19, 2018 03:24:36 pm
      There's no argument mate, Pep has changed the game and has changed everything in every league he goes to.

Klopp is the same.

Wrong thread but pls explain how he has changed everything.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #35221: May 19, 2018 03:26:28 pm
      F**k yeah, he won't be playing every week or every month for that matter but, imagine him as a player GK coach, called upon only when required, his experiences alone would enhance Karius and whoever no end,
      It's extremely unlikely to happen but you just can't buy experience like he has.

YNWA

Think he's come out saying he's received offers from various clubs, so he's not going to give up a starting role and the money that comes with it to come to Liverpool and sit on the bench and mentor Karius. That means if we want him we'd have to give him the starter job and pay him accordingly, to which i say "i'm out".
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #35222: May 19, 2018 03:31:03 pm
      Perhaps not in the CL final, but the way I see it, Pep has his team set up to break down defensive teams better than Klopp, and in a less intensive fashion, so maybe we'd be higher in the league or would have won it?

I love both styles of football, but if I were Jorginho, I would choose Guardiola over Klopp because it's more focused on the technical aspect than fitness.

I disagree, all of our players are technically sound and play some lovely technical football under Klopp. You don’t insist on playing out from the back all the time without having a technically astute team.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35223: May 19, 2018 03:31:22 pm

YNWA

Not for me, mate.

Ability-wise, sure he would be suitable as a backup GK.

No idea what kind of coach we have, and pretty sure Jürgen likes the GK coach we have.

Maybe more importantly, not sure bringing in an ego like that would fit in well with the squad chemistry Jürgen has built.

Sounds like he is getting mega-money from somewhere else (China? America? Dubai?) anyway. Congrats to him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35224: May 19, 2018 03:44:57 pm
      I disagree, all of our players are technically sound and play some lovely technical football under Klopp. You don’t insist on playing out from the back all the time without having a technically astute team.

Well....theoretically.  :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-4kZD6FkXM
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35225: May 19, 2018 03:51:38 pm
      Anyone who thinks Pep Guardiola hasn't had a massive impact in how football is played in Europe wasn't watching football 10-15 years ago
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #35226: May 19, 2018 04:04:39 pm
      Wrong thread but pls explain how he has changed everything.

Are you kidding me?

First treble in Barcelona history. Kicks out the consensus best player in the world to make way for a 21 year kid to be the main man. In 4 seasons he wins:

La Liga champions (3): 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11
      Champions League winners (2): 2008–09, 2010–11
      Copa del Rey winners (2): 2008–09, 2011–12
      FIFA Club World Cup winners (2): 2009, 2011
      European Super Cup winners (2): 2009, 2011
      Spanish Supercopa winners (3): 2009, 2010, 2011

Goes to Bayern and restores them to the very top. Uses wing backs in a way we've never really seen before, inverting them into makeshift central midfielders something he's still doing at City. He ends up winning:

Bundesliga: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
      DFB-Pokal: 2013–14, 2015–16
      UEFA Super Cup: 2013
      FIFA Club World Cup: 2013

He arrived into Manchester City with an average of 90+ points per season in the league and has just broken about every record in the book with them this season. 'Oh but Klopp would do the same there and Pep wouldn't change anything here', and how the F**k do you know? Klopp is not the right man for City and Pep is not the right man for us. Jürgen is our man, Pep is Citys and don't get me wrong I wouldn't swap them ever. But to say football would be the same without Pep Guardiola and he's changed nothing... Well then it's F***ing pointless arguing with a brick wall isn't it. If you don't see how he's one of the greatest managers of all time then you shouldn't be taken seriously as a person claiming to even like football.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #35227: May 19, 2018 04:31:49 pm
      Are you kidding me?

First treble in Barcelona history. Kicks out the consensus best player in the world to make way for a 21 year kid to be the main man. In 4 seasons he wins:

Goes to Bayern and restores them to the very top. Uses wing backs in a way we've never really seen before, inverting them into makeshift central midfielders something he's still doing at City. He ends up winning:

He arrived into Manchester City with an average of 90+ points per season in the league and has just broken about every record in the book with them this season. 'Oh but Klopp would do the same there and Pep wouldn't change anything here', and how the f**k do you know? Klopp is not the right man for City and Pep is not the right man for us. Jürgen is our man, Pep is Citys and don't get me wrong I wouldn't swap them ever. But to say football would be the same without Pep Guardiola and he's changed nothing... Well then it's f**king pointless arguing with a brick wall isn't it. If you don't see how he's one of the greatest managers of all time then you shouldn't be taken seriously as a person claiming to even like football.

So your basing it on trophies won?

Ferguson, Mourinho, Del Bosque, Benitez to name a few have all won bucket loads as well.

I'm disputing this farcical aura of prophet like status like he does things no one has seen before. Wing backs, 3 at the back, playing with a false nine, if you can assemble a squad without worry of cost you can buy players who can do all these things and with players good enough you adapt the team to suit the players you have.

Let's agree to disagree on this Mags you keep your wankfest going and I will continue to see through the hype.

Pep is a very successful manager but visionary tactical genius and prophet of football he is not.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #35228: May 19, 2018 04:38:52 pm
      Are you kidding me?

He arrived into Manchester City with an average of 90+ points per season in the league and has just broken about every record in the book with them this season. 'Oh but Klopp would do the same there and Pep wouldn't change anything here', and how the f**k do you know? Klopp is not the right man for City and Pep is not the right man for us. Jürgen is our man, Pep is Citys and don't get me wrong I wouldn't swap them ever. But to say football would be the same without Pep Guardiola and he's changed nothing... Well then it's f**king pointless arguing with a brick wall isn't it. If you don't see how he's one of the greatest managers of all time then you shouldn't be taken seriously as a person claiming to even like football.

Pep has done incredible things. He's probably done more than any other figure in football history to make the case for the technically gifted ball playing defender than any one else. I think he has some unpleasant traits and it's easy to fall back on those thoughts when consumed by irrational tribalism that comes with being a rival but his achievements on the sidelines stand above all else in the last decade. I still think that display in the CL Final at Wembley in 2011 was the most perfect display of football in a major final I can remember. He is a great and I suppose even if he does have financial monopolies everywhere he goes the very least you can expect with such advantages is to promote and play a brand of football that is close toperfection which he does. He's not a prophet but he is a managerial great.

But Klopp is something else altogether and, setting all bias aside, I would have said that even back when he was doing amazing things with Dortmund. I think his love of the game speaks louder and his ambition is greater as shown by his tendency to not seek depend upon clubs that are financially dominant. The way he tells his teams to play and conduct themselves on the field also means he presents football in a far better light than anyone else. He clearly loves to win but equally he takes losing in his stride - able to see it as a part of life and because of that probably does more anyone to shine life into a sport that has become bastardised by money. If I was to take a football sceptic and sit them down to a match I'd take them to watch one of Klopp's matches.

It doesn't really matter what he would or could do with a Real Madrid, Barcelona or Man City. What he's achieved in his career without the privileges of some of his peers have had has been one of the most extraordinary stories in world football. He's one of the most complete men to have entered football, more so than Pep.
      « Last Edit: May 19, 2018 04:46:01 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35229: May 19, 2018 04:54:19 pm

Ferguson, Mourinho, Del Bosque, Benitez to name a few have all won bucket loads as well.

I'm disputing this farcical aura of prophet like status like he does things no one has seen before. Wing backs, 3 at the back, playing with a false nine, if you can assemble a squad without worry of cost you can buy players who can do all these things and with players good enough you adapt the team to suit the players you have.

Let's agree to disagree on this Mags you keep your wankfest going and I will continue to see through the hype.

Pep is a very successful manager but visionary tactical genius and prophet of football he is not.

The only club where Pep has really spent a lot of money in transfers was Manchester City.
      His net spending was about 35m per season at Barça and 25m per season at Bayern.
      Granted, the squads he inherited were already pretty damn good, but to put that all down to money is so simplistic.
      More importantly he's taken every club he's managed to a new level. Whether he'd have done that, I don't know, on the cheap with Queens Park Rangers is irrelevant. Different skills anyway.
      Anyhow, to deny that he's been influential on how others have played ever since his Barcelona side reached its peak is just untrue.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #35230: May 19, 2018 05:03:11 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #35231: May 19, 2018 05:45:00 pm

Must be pretty toxic if that's the case. I'm guessing Klopp's pissed off with this - didn't Joyce report back in March that he was planning on integrating Brewster into the first team next season?

As an aside, it's fascinating that a foreign country is more keen on developing young English talent than the top English clubs themselves. I suppose it was only a matter of time given how relatively few youngsters get their chance at this level.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #35232: May 19, 2018 06:19:40 pm
      I can say with utter certainty that Pep has been one of the architects of a coaching revolution and has absolutely changed the game.

It’s complementary to my view that Kloppo has done similarly with less “fashionable” or “establishment” clubs and consequently is the perfect manager for us.

There’s zero conflict there.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #35233: May 19, 2018 06:27:13 pm
      Must be pretty toxic if that's the case. I'm guessing Klopp's pissed off with this - didn't Joyce report back in March that he was planning on integrating Brewster into the first team next season?

As an aside, it's fascinating that a foreign country is more keen on developing young English talent than the top English clubs themselves. I suppose it was only a matter of time given how relatively few youngsters get their chance at this level.

I thnk there is too much at stake with the money in the league and the european competitions that the top teams need "ready" talent and can't afford to be too patient with the developing players, or at least not too many of them. Fans also would not have any of it, and if for example, Klopp said we're not going to sign any players this summer because we're going to give Solanke, Brewster, Ejaria and Kent those positions, there would be an uproar.

On the other hand, Gladbach is not a top German club but rather a mid-table one, and those are the clubs who can afford to give the proper development time to the younger talents.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #35234: May 19, 2018 06:43:13 pm

He's won more than all of them had done at the stage in his career he is now. He's broken records everywhere he went. Managers who have come before and after him don't do as well as he has done. At Barca, City and Bayern he's had teams known as 'the greatest the leagues seen'. You can talk about funds but United have spent just as much and done nothing. Look at how every player who plays for him waxes lyrical about his understanding and knowledge (bar Ibra). He's a marvel and a shining light of how football should be played. We need more people like Pep and Klopp and less Mourinho's in this world who win ugly.

Talk about a wankfest all you want, but I appreciate good football and won't shy away from giving credit when it's due. World class managers have come and gone from City, Bayern and Barca but still Pep is considered the best of them all at each club. You look silly not thinking he's a genius you really do.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35235: May 19, 2018 06:50:04 pm

Actually you are the one who is blinkered and believing in the hype. Irrespective of budgets or spend what Pep has achieved is astonishing.

Quick Reply