Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4207553 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41722: Jun 14, 2020 08:04:21 pm
      Ryan Fraser still an option? Dude would probably be cheap
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #41723: Jun 14, 2020 08:08:50 pm

Usually you get what you pay for.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41724: Jun 14, 2020 08:10:43 pm

Would be very cheap seeing as his contract expires at the end of the month ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #41725: Jun 14, 2020 09:54:03 pm
      So if we are only sitting tight with the youngsters as backup because we don't have the money to go out and add to the squad then why are people acting like Kloppo is happy with what he's got? He's obviously looking to improve or he wouldn't have gone out and bought Mina, and he wouldn't have been courting Werner. So that's two forward players that he wanted to sign even though we have arguably the 3 best attackers in the world to choose from. Shaqiri is out the door, Lallana is out the door (which I think is a mistake but I figure he wants to play more), Wilson will be loaned out again (not good enough), Origi will likely be here unless someone makes us a big offer. Once again, if you tell me that Mo, Bobby and Mane are all going to be relatively healthy and firing all season, I'm fine with them, Origi and Mina. BUT...Klopp was obviously looking to strengthen that front three with the addition of competition (Werner) so he likely sees room for improvement. LB and RB cover we have Milner. Hopefully he continues being the machine he's always been. But...what if he isn't? Where does that leave us? GK backup, don't really care. We aren't going to convince a first team caliber keeper to sit on the bench. I like Adrian, I think he did mostly as well as could be expected all things considered. If he goes somewhere else, I guess we'll need to find someone. I'd like to see Reina back but doubt it would happen.

People need to stop trying to silence debate by saying Klopp's happy with what he has. He can be happy with what he has and still be looking to strengthen (in fact if he's not, he's not doing his job). People are allowed to have opinions about the squad and while some seem knee jerk and unwarranted, it's much more annoying seeing folks trying to silence debate on a forum, of which the whole damn purpose is to have debate.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #41726: Jun 15, 2020 12:10:12 am
      Would be very cheap seeing as his contract expires at the end of the month ;)

;D. Even better. In all honesty, this wouldn't be a bad move for the money. Unless we go big seems we're doing these no lose deals like Mini. Fraser can be a solid player in the PL. Hes proven that. If he doesn't work out, what do you really lose? This has Michael Oliver all over it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #41727: Jun 15, 2020 11:23:55 am
      So if we are only sitting tight with the youngsters as backup because we don't have the money to go out and add to the squad then why are people acting like Kloppo is happy with what he's got? He's obviously looking to improve or he wouldn't have gone out and bought Mina, and he wouldn't have been courting Werner. So that's two forward players that he wanted to sign even though we have arguably the 3 best attackers in the world to choose from. Shaqiri is out the door, Lallana is out the door (which I think is a mistake but I figure he wants to play more), Wilson will be loaned out again (not good enough), Origi will likely be here unless someone makes us a big offer. Once again, if you tell me that Mo, Bobby and Mane are all going to be relatively healthy and firing all season, I'm fine with them, Origi and Mina. BUT...Klopp was obviously looking to strengthen that front three with the addition of competition (Werner) so he likely sees room for improvement. LB and RB cover we have Milner. Hopefully he continues being the machine he's always been. But...what if he isn't? Where does that leave us? GK backup, don't really care. We aren't going to convince a first team caliber keeper to sit on the bench. I like Adrian, I think he did mostly as well as could be expected all things considered. If he goes somewhere else, I guess we'll need to find someone. I'd like to see Reina back but doubt it would happen.

People need to stop trying to silence debate by saying Klopp's happy with what he has. He can be happy with what he has and still be looking to strengthen (in fact if he's not, he's not doing his job). People are allowed to have opinions about the squad and while some seem knee jerk and unwarranted, it's much more annoying seeing folks trying to silence debate on a forum, of which the whole damn purpose is to have debate.

Iā€™m confused as to when it was decided that Shaqiri was going ?

No one is being ā€œsilencedā€ - what people are reacting to is the ā€œtoys out of the pramā€ reactions when a signing that they want doesnā€™t happen and itā€™s full scale stropping

At times it seems some are more interested in who we buy as opposed to the results we get

Klopp may have wanted Werner to come in and strengthen but it appears that he is fully understanding of the current financial situation the clubs is in - but I have no doubt that if Klopp was very desperate to have Werner then he would arrive - itā€™s been shown that when Klopp really wants a player the club go an get him.

So Iā€™m pretty sure that Klopp is not too downhearted about the situation , is happy with the squad he has which may well include Shaqiri

What is embarrassing is the whole woe is me when a player doesnā€™t arrive , itā€™s not a game of football manager , we canā€™t be like City and have multi millions sat on the bench.

If Covid didnā€™t happen then we might well have Werner arriving but even then im not and have never been 100% convinced about the clubs apparent liking to him.

I have no doubt the manager will have players in his mind and if he really wanted the player then the club will go and get them.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41728: Jun 15, 2020 11:38:59 am

Yet adrian was perfectly acceptable at the beginning of the season - thatā€™s the issue with back up GK , if they were perfect then they wouldnā€™t be back up would they. You are not going to get a replica of Alisson - whoever is back up will not be as good and Adrian was key early season in the league.

You want more exprience in those areas and we already have exprience in those areas - Milner , Adrian , Shaqiri , Origi - these players are expirenced

Name a GK we could have as back up ? And a left back and a forward ?

To be honest I had my doubts about a West Ham reserve GK reject from the start, if you remember the early games where he was a GK we were far from good defensively, but we managed to outscore our opponents in all the games.
      Adrian may be experienced but so was Mignolet, I'd put them on more or less the same level.

I can't name you who we could get as I 'm not a professional scout and I don't know what budgets are available but I'd be staggered if there isn't a decent LB we could get for a reasonable amount and of course there are better reserve GK's available, just look at Chelsea, City and Manure for examples.

As regards forwards I already told you, we should have got Timo Werner, he was perfect for us but Chelsea have more money than us, c'est la vie.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41729: Jun 15, 2020 11:41:53 am

Actually Reina could happen and I would much prefer him to Adrian. If Villa go down would he want to stick with them?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #41730: Jun 15, 2020 11:49:54 am
      To be honest I had my doubts about a West Ham reserve GK reject from the start, if you remember the early games where he was a GK we were far from good defensively, but we managed to outscore our opponents in all the games.
      Adrian may be experienced but so was Mignolet, I'd put them on more or less the same level.

I can't name you who we could get as I 'm not a professional scout and I don't know what budgets are available but I'd be staggered if there isn't a decent LB we could get for a reasonable amount and of course there are better reserve GK's available, just look at Chelsea, City and Manure for examples.

As regards forwards I already told you, we should have got Timo Werner, he was perfect for us but Chelsea have more money than us, c'est la vie.

So which reserve GK from City etc is better than Adrian ?

Surely you must have a LB you know that will do a better job than Milner ? If you are so insistent on getting one

And Werner is Ā£50mil plus over Ā£250k a week - the club is never going to spend that sort of money on a ā€œback upā€

This is not a computer game
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41731: Jun 15, 2020 12:21:13 pm
      Actually Reina could happen and I would much prefer him to Adrian. If Villa go down would he want to stick with them?

Hasnā€™t Pepe said heā€™s going to retire at the end of the season? Either way though, heā€™s only on loan at Villa so itā€™s not a case of having to stick with them, heā€™s out of there soon regardless.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41732: Jun 15, 2020 12:21:19 pm
      So which reserve GK from City etc is better than Adrian ?

Surely you must have a LB you know that will do a better job than Milner ? If you are so insistent on getting one

And Werner is Ā£50mil plus over Ā£250k a week - the club is never going to spend that sort of money on a ā€œback upā€

This is not a computer game

I never said Milner was bad as a back up, but he's not getting any younger plus Milner is needed in midfield as well, as for which LB I honestly don;t have one in mind, I'm not a scout, but there must be some decent LB's out there to deputise and even rotate in for Robertson. I agree that the salary for Werner is nuts buts that's Chelsea for you. As for City's reserve goalie, Bravo, yes I'd take him a million times over Adrian, if you disagree then we'll just have to agree to disagree.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41733: Jun 15, 2020 12:23:18 pm
      Hasnā€™t Pepe said heā€™s going to retire at the end of the season?

ah ok, fair enough but in terms of reserve goalie that's what we need, someone at the tail end of their career with tonnes of experience OR a really good up and coming young GK, the latter option is of course the preference, but its not easy to find.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #41734: Jun 15, 2020 12:35:09 pm
      I never said Milner was bad as a back up, but he's not getting any younger plus Milner is needed in midfield as well, as for which LB I honestly don;t have one in mind, I'm not a scout, but there must be some decent LB's out there to deputise and even rotate in for Robertson. I agree that the salary for Werner is nuts buts that's Chelsea for you. As for City's reserve goalie, Bravo, yes I'd take him a million times over Adrian, if you disagree then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Milner has plenty of years left in him , and is just back up to both midfield and left back - you are not going to find any better

And why rotate Robbo ? He doesnā€™t need rotating

As for Bravo  :lmao: - are you serious ? Why the hell do you think City spent another more millions on Ederson - because Bravo is a clown.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #41735: Jun 15, 2020 03:16:34 pm

Iā€™m confused as to when it was decided that Shaqiri was going ?

It's my opinion, based on reading that it was likely in various pieces online.

No one is being ā€œsilencedā€ - what people are reacting to is the ā€œtoys out of the pramā€ reactions when a signing that they want doesnā€™t happen and itā€™s full scale stropping

No, you are literally acting like you are the forum police, acting like Billy big balls trying to tell people that they are wrong for reacting the way they are to transfers. If I want to be disappointed about us not signing a player that Klopp clearly wanted, then piss off, it's not for you to tell me how I should fee. If I want to throw my toys out of the pram I will, I wasn't aware that you were a moderator and got to make the rules of what was acceptable and not acceptable on the forum?

At times it seems some are more interested in who we buy as opposed to the results we get

Or maybe.....just maybe......it's possible that high functioning humans can operate with multiple thoughts and emotions all at the same time. Being happy with us being on the cusp of winning the title and also looking ahead in hopes that we do the things to make sure it's not a one off year.

Klopp may have wanted Werner to come in and strengthen but it appears that he is fully understanding of the current financial situation the clubs is in - but I have no doubt that if Klopp was very desperate to have Werner then he would arrive - itā€™s been shown that when Klopp really wants a player the club go an get him.

Been widely reported that Klopp was talking to Werner during the lockdown. So you can't have it both ways. Because if Klopp was convincing him to come (and by most reports that's what was going on) knowing that this (Covid) was going to seriously impact our finances, then Klopp was basically sabotaging his own target. Don't seem like Klopp would really do that, what point would there be? If it was clear that Covid was going to seriously affect the transfer budget, why would Klopp go through the effort of convincing Werner to come to us? Now maybe that's all just paper talk...could be, but there were some pretty reliable reports saying that was the case.

So Iā€™m pretty sure that Klopp is not too downhearted about the situation , is happy with the squad he has which may well include Shaqiri
      Like I said...he can be happy and still wish to strengthen and still be disappointed that he didn't get a player he wanted. Not sure why you keep lobbing these happiness grenades around, like that means Klopp has no desire to bring in more players. His job isn't to be happy, his job is to prepare this club to challenge for honors year in and year out. I highly doubt Klopp ever sits back and just thinks "ok...we are good, we have everything we need, I can relax".

What is embarrassing is the whole woe is me when a player doesnā€™t arrive , itā€™s not a game of football manager , we canā€™t be like City and have multi millions sat on the bench.

It's just debate, conjecture and discussion. You should try it sometime instead of telling everyone else how they should feel and react. I trust Klopp's judgement on players and the way he wants us to play, but he's not the last word on transfers at the club, that's been well written about. So just because Klopp doesn't throw a fit or make a public display when he doesn't get a player he wanted, doesn't mean he's happy about it. And yes, we literally can be like City, why do people keep saying that we can't? Who are all of these multi-millions they have sat on their bench. Other than Sane, City played most of their quality players this year, rotated them a lot in fact if I remember correctly. In fact there aren't too many top teams that don't have impressive benches where playing time is spread around pretty good. There are always exceptions, but saying we can't do it is kind of defeatist. In my opinion that's what we should shoot for....being good enough that good players are willing to sit on the bench just to get a chance to take their shot with our club. If you are happy doing everything on a "just enough" basis so be it....I personally like the idea of having ample (and quality) backup.

If Covid didnā€™t happen then we might well have Werner arriving but even then im not and have never been 100% convinced about the clubs apparent liking to him.
      Well according to your logic, it doesn't matter what you are convinced of, because Klopp is the one making the decision...so your opinion doesn't really matter. ;) Funny how that works when it's turned around on you.

I have no doubt the manager will have players in his mind and if he really wanted the player then the club will go and get them.

Except this time....they didn't.

tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #41736: Jun 15, 2020 03:19:56 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #41737: Jun 15, 2020 05:24:14 pm
      It's my opinion, based on reading that it was likely in various pieces online.

Yet you post as if itā€™s a given ? And if your source is ā€œonlineā€ bit I suspect itā€™s like most 99% sh*te

No, you are literally acting like you are the forum police, acting like Billy big balls trying to tell people that they are wrong for reacting the way they are to transfers. If I want to be disappointed about us not signing a player that Klopp clearly wanted, then piss off, it's not for you to tell me how I should fee. If I want to throw my toys out of the pram I will, I wasn't aware that you were a moderator and got to make the rules of what was acceptable and not acceptable on the forum?

It just shows people up for how pathetic they are - there used to be a time when fans didnā€™t give a sh*t about a player until they signed , now people hang of the word of every Journo about this player and that player , slapping themselves silly because someone unknown on twitter says we are going to buy such and such and then when it doesnā€™t happen the tears start flowing. They should stick to playing football manager on the PC.

Or maybe.....just maybe......it's possible that high functioning humans can operate with multiple thoughts and emotions all at the same time. Being happy with us being on the cusp of winning the title and also looking ahead in hopes that we do the things to make sure it's not a one off year.

Or football fans can concentrate on the results , the trophies , the games , the crowds - but let me guess another fan from over the ocean  :roll:

Been widely reported that Klopp was talking to Werner during the lockdown. So you can't have it both ways. Because if Klopp was convincing him to come (and by most reports that's what was going on) knowing that this (Covid) was going to seriously impact our finances, then Klopp was basically sabotaging his own target. Don't seem like Klopp would really do that, what point would there be? If it was clear that Covid was going to seriously affect the transfer budget, why would Klopp go through the effort of convincing Werner to come to us? Now maybe that's all just paper talk...could be, but there were some pretty reliable reports saying that was the case.

ā€œWidely reportedā€ - thatā€™s one thing that Liverpool fans used to ignore - these ā€œreportsā€

How the hell do you know he was ā€œconvincingā€ him to join Liverpool ? How does anyone know - no one does , itā€™s all guess and speculation and the manager for one appears to be going back to the old way off doing business. The media and their reports are pretty much wrong 99% of the time yet idiots swallow it every time.
      Like I said...he can be happy and still wish to strengthen and still be disappointed that he didn't get a player he wanted. Not sure why you keep lobbing these happiness grenades around, like that means Klopp has no desire to bring in more players. His job isn't to be happy, his job is to prepare this club to challenge for honors year in and year out. I highly doubt Klopp ever sits back and just thinks "ok...we are good, we have everything we need, I can relax".

His job is to win trophies and right now thatā€™s what he is doing , how he goes about it is up to him , Klopp showed what happened when we didnā€™t get the player he wanted , he let the club know his dissatisfaction very strongly

It's just debate, conjecture and discussion. You should try it sometime instead of telling everyone else how they should feel and react. I trust Klopp's judgement on players and the way he wants us to play, but he's not the last word on transfers at the club, that's been well written about. So just because Klopp doesn't throw a fit or make a public display when he doesn't get a player he wanted, doesn't mean he's happy about it. And yes, we literally can be like City, why do people keep saying that we can't? Who are all of these multi-millions they have sat on their bench. Other than Sane, City played most of their quality players this year, rotated them a lot in fact if I remember correctly. In fact there aren't too many top teams that don't have impressive benches where playing time is spread around pretty good. There are always exceptions, but saying we can't do it is kind of defeatist. In my opinion that's what we should shoot for....being good enough that good players are willing to sit on the bench just to get a chance to take their shot with our club. If you are happy doing everything on a "just enough" basis so be it....I personally like the idea of having ample (and quality) backup.
       Well according to your logic, it doesn't matter what you are convinced of, because Klopp is the one making the decision...so your opinion doesn't really matter. ;) Funny how that works when it's turned around on you.

Except this time....they didn't.

How do you know he really wanted Werner ? Let me guess - ā€œMedia reportsā€
      You really tbink we can be like City - how much wages do you tbink players like Bravo , Cancelo, Jesus , Mahrez , Mendy , Rodri - thatā€™s nearly Ā£300 mil in transfer fees alone

But I have no doubt you have you Telly ticket ready for the start of the season

But you crack on crying about transfers that donā€™t happen - Iā€™ll crack on supporting the team
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #41738: Jun 15, 2020 05:40:50 pm
      How do you know he really wanted Werner ? Let me guess - ā€œMedia reportsā€
      You really tbink we can be like City - how much wages do you tbink players like Bravo , Cancelo, Jesus , Mahrez , Mendy , Rodri - thatā€™s nearly Ā£300 mil in transfer fees alone

But I have no doubt you have you Telly ticket ready for the start of the season

But you crack on crying about transfers that donā€™t happen - Iā€™ll crack on supporting the team

To be fair mate I think JĆ¼rgen did want Werner and likely the club including Edwards did as well.

Where I differ from FL is that I can fully see why we haven't went for him given the current climate.

I don't see us spending massive amounts of money on any player this summer and many other clubs will be the same
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #41739: Jun 15, 2020 05:44:12 pm
      To be fair mate I think JĆ¼rgen did want Werner and likely the club including Edwards did as well.

Where I differ from FL is that I can fully see why we haven't went for him given the current climate.

I don't see us spending massive amounts of money on any player this summer and many other clubs will be the same

I have no doubt that Klopp would have liked Werner to be added to the squad - what I donā€™t see is it was a key signing that Klopp was really desperate for.

I believe that if Klopp was adamant that we needed to bring in Werner to move forward then he would be arriving even in the financial situation.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #41740: Jun 15, 2020 05:54:43 pm

Oh I can absolutely see why we haven't went in for him. I believe I said as much months back that our transfer business was likely to be minimal. I also mentioned (tongue in cheek) that we might as well close the transfer threads because if we weren't going to shell out for Werner, then we likely aren't going to be spending at all. And of course I got shouted at about that like I'd broken some forum rule about transfer discussions :D.  I've been on this forum for a long time, and one thing that's constant is people like to talk about transfers, pretty much year round. I'm not sure why some people feel the need to turn transfers and "fandom" into a dick swinging contest. Like anyone actually gives two shits about where you are from or how long you have been supporting the team. I always thought a red was a red. There's plenty of local supporters that know dick all about the team and plenty from overseas that know more about the past present and future of the team than many locals. Like if that's how you measure yourself, it's kind of sad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41741: Jun 15, 2020 06:04:49 pm

Milner has plenty of years left in him , and is just back up to both midfield and left back - you are not going to find any better

And why rotate Robbo ? He doesnā€™t need rotating

As for Bravo  :lmao: - are you serious ? Why the hell do you think City spent another more millions on Ederson - because Bravo is a clown.

Milner played significantly fewer games this season and he certainly doesn't have plenty of years left with us.

Every player should have decent competition for their place or do you disagree.

I never said Bravo was better than Ederson, just that he's better than Adrian.

BTW I agree with the other poster stop acting like Billy Big Bollocks, everyone is allowed an opinion.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #41742: Jun 15, 2020 06:51:47 pm
      Milner played significantly fewer games this season and he certainly doesn't have plenty of years left with us.

Every player should have decent competition for their place or do you disagree.

I never said Bravo was better than Ederson, just that he's better than Adrian.

BTW I agree with the other poster stop acting like Billy Big Bollocks, everyone is allowed an opinion.

Milner is the one of the fittist players in the squad ? And wonā€™t be going anywhere

And Bravo is no better than Adrian
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #41743: Jun 15, 2020 06:56:48 pm
      were not spending any real money this year, but when we do finally reload its gonna be epic. Mbappe in 2022, calling it
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41744: Jun 16, 2020 12:06:19 pm
      Until a player is wearing our shirt, leaning on a wall somewhere at the club, I don't give a F**k.

If people want to follow what is mostly clickbait nonsense, that's their choice, but the sheer F***ing angst real or otherwise displayed by some, does my F***ing head in.

Quick Reply