Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4214785 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #23437: Feb 01, 2016 08:25:29 pm
      Has someone just decided that this season is too far gone to bother trying for someone that might just save it?
      It's a risk, but if if took 45 million to buy that player (whoever it may be), and it meant the difference between CL qualification or not, the financial benefits would outweigh the risk.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #23438: Feb 01, 2016 08:47:11 pm
      Got to laugh at Thommo not surprised we haven't brought anyone in talking about  our injured lot on the way back , then quips up even Sturridge looks to be on his  way back cheeky grin on his face perhaps he knows something we don't , fingers crossed eh .

Or perhaps he's grinning at the fact that Sturridge always seems to be on his way back.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #23439: Feb 01, 2016 08:47:35 pm
      Has someone just decided that this season is too far gone to bother trying for someone that might just save it?
      It's a risk, but if if took 45 million to buy that player (whoever it may be), and it meant the difference between CL qualification or not, the financial benefits would outweigh the risk.

Exactly
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #23440: Feb 01, 2016 08:50:53 pm
      Or perhaps he's grinning at the fact that Sturridge always seems to be on his way back.

He could be perhaps I'm just clutching at them straws buddy faint hopes and all that .
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #23441: Feb 01, 2016 09:06:54 pm
      Just a warning, don't turn sky sports news on, jim whites about to start playing with his cock again.

I've always suspected though that its actually 'arry redknapp under the desk.
      F***ing rehashing the same old sh*te all day and for the past month for that matter .I do like  Alex Hammond though , Aussie red might get her on the hot woman thread .

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Reply #23442: Feb 01, 2016 09:43:37 pm
      About 1hr 16 mins to go, and not a decent link to any improved movement of players.
      Not gonna happen guys. Need to get some players fit and back in action !
      Hopefully before tomorrow night.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3920 
      Reply #23443: Feb 01, 2016 10:42:38 pm
      This window has been exciting  :depressed:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #23444: Feb 01, 2016 11:08:56 pm

it's been so long it feels as if studge is coming back from pluto
      djb447
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • I always tell the truth, even when I lie
      Reply #23445: Feb 02, 2016 05:46:47 am
      Arkadiusz Milik. Hes a 21 year old talent from Poland I believe. He plays for Ajax and has reached 30 goals/assists pretty quickly (in 40 games) . This kid is the next Lewandoski. We should try to buy him in the summer and loan him back to Ajax so he develops a little more. Hes got power and can score from long range.

Alex Teixiera isn't worth more than £35 million. That being said, we should have bought him for around that price, and loaned him back to shaktar for the remainder of the season because the shaktar owner wants to keep him to win the league this year.

Klopps main objective should be to figure out the game plan for the future. He needs to work out gegenpresssing with the players, and whomever he deems unfit for this squad should be sold.

Mario Goetze, Nven Subotic and/or Jose Gimenez would be nice summer additions. Sturridge has remainder of this year to prove himself.
      Also I don't think Joe Allen is a first team player for the future, no matter how many nice things klopp says about him.
      Sinclair shouldnt be played because he doesn't want to develop here, so let him suffer on the bench. Jose Enrique is just staying here for the money at this point.

Benteke will get better, he's been historically proven to get better after the new year turn of the season. Klopp should back him publicly to get him some confidence. Once a striker scores a few goals here and there, they will be much more confident and goals will be easier to come by. The hard part is just scoring that first couple of goals.

These are my thoughts. I was gone but I have returned to this forum.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #23446: Feb 02, 2016 11:47:06 am
      Arkadiusz Milik. Hes a 21 year old talent from Poland I believe. He plays for Ajax and has reached 30 goals/assists pretty quickly (in 40 games) . This kid is the next Lewandoski. We should try to buy him in the summer and loan him back to Ajax so he develops a little more. Hes got power and can score from long range.

Alex Teixiera isn't worth more than £35 million. That being said, we should have bought him for around that price, and loaned him back to shaktar for the remainder of the season because the shaktar owner wants to keep him to win the league this year.

Klopps main objective should be to figure out the game plan for the future. He needs to work out gegenpresssing with the players, and whomever he deems unfit for this squad should be sold.

Mario Goetze, Nven Subotic and/or Jose Gimenez would be nice summer additions. Sturridge has remainder of this year to prove himself.
      Also I don't think Joe Allen is a first team player for the future, no matter how many nice things klopp says about him.
      Sinclair shouldnt be played because he doesn't want to develop here, so let him suffer on the bench. Jose Enrique is just staying here for the money at this point.

Benteke will get better, he's been historically proven to get better after the new year turn of the season. Klopp should back him publicly to get him some confidence. Once a striker scores a few goals here and there, they will be much more confident and goals will be easier to come by. The hard part is just scoring that first couple of goals.

These are my thoughts. I was gone but I have returned to this forum.

I stopped reading when you suggested we should of spent £35 million and loaned him back.

To be be fair that sounds like the stupid sh*t we would go an do.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #23447: Feb 02, 2016 12:57:17 pm
      Would anybody else take Robinho?

I know he's past his best but we need attacking options and he is a free agent. Would link up well with Coutinho and Firmino as well. His wage demands can't be too high when the likes of Swansea and Leicester are in for him so I'd take a gamble on him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #23448: Feb 02, 2016 01:02:35 pm

I know he's past his best but we need attacking options and he is a free agent. Would link up well with Coutinho and Firmino as well. His wage demands can't be too high when the likes of Swansea and Leicester are in for him so I'd take a gamble on him.

No thanks.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #23449: Feb 02, 2016 01:07:07 pm

Nope.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #23450: Feb 02, 2016 01:07:35 pm

Fair enough. I don't think we have many better options than Robinho in our squad at present though.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #23451: Feb 02, 2016 01:30:08 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #23452: Feb 02, 2016 01:55:10 pm
      We have enough quality in this squad to do better in the league its up to the players now to prove why it is they came here.
      This summer will interesting
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #23453: Feb 02, 2016 02:09:35 pm
      Fair enough. I don't think we have many better options than Robinho in our squad at present though.

You've probably not seen him play since his Man City days.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #23454: Feb 02, 2016 02:37:14 pm
      We have enough quality in this squad to do better in the league its up to the players now to prove why it is they came here.
      This summer will interesting
      Well if we have enough quality then it's not just up to the players, it's up to the manager as well. You can't have it both ways.
      djb447
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • I always tell the truth, even when I lie
      Reply #23455: Feb 02, 2016 03:27:30 pm

Thank you  :)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #23456: Feb 03, 2016 02:52:36 pm
      You've probably not seen him play since his Man City days.

How do you make that conclusion? Even his stats at Milan are fairly impressive.

On a free I'd take him. He'd create more than Milner and Lallana put together put it that way.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #23457: Feb 03, 2016 03:44:11 pm
      Well if we have enough quality then it's not just up to the players, it's up to the manager as well. You can't have it both ways.

it always up to the players to individually to perform well we seem to have very few players on form at present .I don't think the manager is responsible for a players form it is down to them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #23458: Feb 03, 2016 03:47:26 pm
      it always up to the players to individually to perform well we seem to have very few players on form at present .I don't think the manager is responsible for a players form it is down to them.
      Not to be argumentative, but I believe there were some that made that exact same point when Brendan was the boss and they were roundly criticized saying it was up to the manager to get the best out of the players.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #23459: Feb 03, 2016 07:57:43 pm
      How do you make that conclusion? Even his stats at Milan are fairly impressive.

On a free I'd take him. He'd create more than Milner and Lallana put together put it that way.

:D :D :D

Quick Reply