Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4209967 times
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #25760: Jun 27, 2016 06:11:00 pm
      On a separate note, of the current signings, Matip & Mane are most likely to walk into the starting line up for next season; not too sure about others...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #25761: Jun 27, 2016 06:11:27 pm
      On the same team, here's a comparison of Marko and Nani:

Markovic: 21 apps, 2 goals, 3 assists
      Nani: 47 apps, 12 goals, 13 assists

Again it's one thing to dislike the idea because of his history and I agree on that front and would admit that any day of the week. But as a footballer, he's very above average and proven quality. At less than a third of the price of Mane, I can't understand how it wouldn't be good business.

As a disclaimer, I am Portuguese and was born into a Sporting family so I suppose I can have a bias. But regardless, it'll never happen.

Markovic age 22
      Nani age 29

Plus Nani played more than twice the number of games as Lazar.

And like others have mentioned he's a Manc c**t and always will be.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25762: Jun 27, 2016 07:06:42 pm
      You don't have an opinion though, youve said as much, you just "trust Jürgen" and go with that.

Reminds me of that bumper sticker I saw during the last Presidential election "vote Democrat, it's easier than thinking" :D

I trust Jürgen in picking players over posters on this board..and btw that is an opinion.  8)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #25763: Jun 27, 2016 07:24:07 pm
      I trust Jürgen in picking players over posters on this board

I do too, but I still have my own opinion about  said  players as do  most folks.

..and btw that is an opinion.  8)
      If you say so.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25764: Jun 27, 2016 07:40:10 pm
      On the same team, here's a comparison of Marko and Nani:

Markovic: 21 apps, 2 goals, 3 assists
      Nani: 47 apps, 12 goals, 13 assists

Again it's one thing to dislike the idea because of his history and I agree on that front and would admit that any day of the week. But as a footballer, he's very above average and proven quality. At less than a third of the price of Mane, I can't understand how it wouldn't be good business.

As a disclaimer, I am Portuguese and was born into a Sporting family so I suppose I can have a bias. But regardless, it'll never happen.

Oh come off it lad. Nani played more than double the amount of games! Nani is 29, played and didn't impress in the Premiership and above all else, he's a F***ing Manc from his time in England so anyone even contemplating Nani can swivel.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25765: Jun 27, 2016 09:35:38 pm
      Palace have agreed a £31.6m fee for Batshuayi !! That's right, Crystal Palace!! And they've also triggered the £10.5m release clause for Townsend!!

Berahino in his last year of contract, off to Stoke for £16m and are prepared to spend a similar amount on Alex Witsel who is also in his last year of contract.

Talk about spending power..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25766: Jun 27, 2016 09:47:47 pm

Who?! Guess people won't have grounds to moan about Mane fee now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #25767: Jun 27, 2016 09:52:47 pm

Seriously....maybe we got a steal after all.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #25768: Jun 27, 2016 09:57:22 pm
      Agreed, past differences definitely come into this one.

Nani is a c**t and I'm not sure even at that money can we justify signing a c**t?

In my view we didn't have wingers at all last season, if we've decided that Markovic is not for us and we're going to get rid of him then bringing Mane and a backup in makes sense, is that backup an £8.5m c**t with pretty decent stats? Imagine he'd be relatively high on the wages though even with that lowish fee.

Maybe a c**t is what we need?

But in all seriousness, as others have said it's likely to be lazy journalism more than anything. :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25769: Jun 27, 2016 11:19:49 pm

Could be a MOTD type player but looked bloody good in the French league past season based on their Ligue 1 highlights show. Quick Google says scoring 1 every 2 games and 9 assists to boot.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25770: Jun 27, 2016 11:40:47 pm
      Palace have needed a good striker for a while, they'll have one if they manage to sign him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #25771: Jun 27, 2016 11:42:44 pm
      Palace have needed a good striker for a while, they'll have one if they manage to sign him.

I can't see him going to Palace, I imagine a bigger team will step in but goes to show the buying power of EPL team.

Who would have thought Palace can afford a £30M player!

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25772: Jun 27, 2016 11:43:20 pm
      Palace have agreed a £31.6m fee for Batshuayi !! That's right, Crystal Palace!! And they've also triggered the £10.5m release clause for Townsend!!

Berahino in his last year of contract, off to Stoke for £16m and are prepared to spend a similar amount on Alex Witsel who is also in his last year of contract.

Talk about spending power..

Jesus, the league is going mad.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25773: Jun 27, 2016 11:52:47 pm
      Jesus, the league is going mad.

It is indeed...If we can get Mane locked up for £30 million we might be able to sell him on deadline day and make a tidy profit! ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #25774: Jun 28, 2016 12:27:01 am
      I can't see him going to Palace, I imagine a bigger team will step in but goes to show the buying power of EPL team.

Who would have thought Palace can afford a £30M player!

Who would have thought we could? :D

Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #25775: Jun 28, 2016 01:52:52 am

Marseille is for sale, their majority shareholder Louis-Dreyfus has pulled out and hasn't spent a dime on the club for several years. It's no secret they need money and they need it now. Apparently they have been given a two week deadline to get about €25 million or they will be given a transfer ban.

The only thing that has been agreed on, is a fee on club level and given the fact that Marseille is in serious need of money, they are probably willing to accept any decent offer from any club. There is no agreement with Batshuayi himself and with him being at the Euros and preparing for the quarter finals, I can't see it happening any soon. He has been linked with the likes of Spurs, West-Ham, Juventus, ... Pretty sure he won't end up at Palace.
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2016 03:38:56 am by Danzel »
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #25776: Jun 28, 2016 02:07:10 am
      Marseille is for sale, their majority shareholder Louis-Dreyfus has pulled out and hasn't spent a dime on the club for several years. It's no secret they need money and they need it now. Apparently they have been given a two week deadline to get about €25 million or they will be given a transfer ban.

The only thing that has been agreed on, is a fee on club level and given the fact that Marseille is in serious need of money, they are probably willing to accept any decent offer from any club. There is no agreement with Batsuayi himself and with him being at the Euros and preparing for the quarter finals, I can't see it happening any soon. He has been linked with the likes of Spurs, West-Ham, Juventus, ... Pretty sure he won't end up at Palace.

We were linked with him not too long ago.  I think it was Ben Smith or maybe Pearce who said Klopp was planning a 1 out, 1 in transfer in the striker dept -- Benteke out and Batshuayi in.  If we can find a buyer for Big Ben, it may still be on the cards....
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #25777: Jun 28, 2016 04:30:33 am
      http://www.90min.com/posts/3384840-liverpool-spark-interest-in-ac-milan-defender-mattia-de-sciglio?a_aid=35322

sh*t source and probably made on the back of a very good performance by the lad, it's the first I've seen of him in the Euro's against Spain but I was impressed.
      diamondgixer
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #25778: Jun 28, 2016 12:23:42 pm
      You are not a clever man, are you? I notice this is your first post. Let it also be your last.

Not the brightest mate true... but right in this instance though eh... think youz finished 6th that season.

Try to be nicer to guests on your forum guys.. it was a genuine comment.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25779: Jun 28, 2016 12:27:03 pm
      Not the brightest mate true... but right in this instance though eh... think youz finished 6th that season.

Your first post was criticising the club, you're hardly going to be given a heroes welcome are you. You've also only posted twice in 2 years, man up.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #25780: Jun 28, 2016 12:27:08 pm

Did you just quote someone from 2 years ago?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #25781: Jun 28, 2016 12:28:13 pm
      Did you just quote someone from 2 years ago?

Well he did admit he is not the brightest!

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #25782: Jun 28, 2016 12:31:53 pm
      Wouldnt it be cheaper to just pay for the Southampton Scouting system ?

Quick Reply