Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4216036 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #31487: Aug 04, 2017 06:12:41 pm
      I turned a quiet day watching cricket into an afternoon watching Twitter,  what a lknob, and as for the itk's...
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #31488: Aug 04, 2017 06:15:21 pm
      PSG don't have to sell anyone...you do realize how they jobbed FFP right? They are basically signing Neymar for free. Neymar was paid 300m by the Qatar group that owns PSG to be a representative for the World Cup coming there. He used that money to buy out his contract from Barca and then PSG is signing him on a free.

They will sell players in the coming weeks. Sure they signed him for free, but now that you have strengthened your roster why not sell to recoup some more cash for other players down the road? PSG is all in now. Angel Di Maria will be sold soon  ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Reply #31489: Aug 04, 2017 06:18:22 pm
      They will sell players in the coming weeks. Sure they signed him for free, but now that you have strengthened your roster why not sell to recoup some more cash for other players down the road? PSG is all in now. Angel Di Maria will be sold soon  ;)

Not to us he won't so who cares? 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      Reply #31490: Aug 04, 2017 06:20:12 pm
      Just F**k off with this barkley stuff, he is nothing special
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #31491: Aug 04, 2017 06:34:36 pm
      Not to us he won't so who cares?

HAHA, just another puzzle piece in the window bud. All this started with me saying that the PSG deal was the move that will get the chips to fall into place. Things will line up for everyone including us. Perhaps the way they line up for us is FSG shitting the bed once again, HAHA. Lets hope not. Here's to breaking the trend and getting some quality players in the next few weeks.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #31492: Aug 04, 2017 06:40:31 pm
      I thought we might have had a look at Mahrez if the price was right. I like him plus he scores goals.

Hopefully Lallana's injury pushes things on a bit, some people arguing we only need a couple of players but one single injury to a key player and already we look a lightweight for three games in a week.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Reply #31493: Aug 04, 2017 06:55:38 pm
      HAHA, just another puzzle piece in the window bud. All this started with me saying that the PSG deal was the move that will get the chips to fall into place. Things will line up for everyone including us. Perhaps the way they line up for us is FSG shitting the bed once again, HAHA. Lets hope not. Here's to breaking the trend and getting some quality players in the next few weeks.

I'm struggling to see how PSG's acquisition of Neymar gets anything to fall into place. If anything it puts more pressure on us because we know Barca has the money to make an astronomical bid for Phil.

We didn't have any options for midfielders bar Keita, so why would we all the sudden develop a list of options because Lallana is out? This is just poor planning once again. We know we have a crowded schedule and once again we dick around and don't do anything to strengthen the squad. Lallana getting hurt isn't going to change that.

It's a joke. but not a HAHA one.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #31494: Aug 04, 2017 07:10:09 pm
      I'm struggling to see how PSG's acquisition of Neymar gets anything to fall into place. If anything it puts more pressure on us because we know Barca has the money to make an astronomical bid for Phil.

We didn't have any options for midfielders bar Keita, so why would we all the sudden develop a list of options because Lallana is out? This is just poor planning once again. We know we have a crowded schedule and once again we dick around and don't do anything to strengthen the squad. Lallana getting hurt isn't going to change that.

It's a joke. but not a HAHA one.

It all depends on what you read. We were in the news about Ox, Lanzini, and Pulisic.

As far as the PSG move goes you are right that it puts Barca and their reps. at our door step for Phil. Maybe we sell him, maybe we don't. But you know know just as well as I do (probably more so) that big moves seem to create a trickle effect for what ever reason. The window moves will pick up soon and hopefully we are buyers.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #31495: Aug 04, 2017 07:10:35 pm
      Mel Reddy says Phil to be kept out of Bilbao match with a sore back. Missed training today.

No.

Just No.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Reply #31496: Aug 04, 2017 07:11:47 pm
      Mel Reddy says Phil to be kept out of Bilbao match with a sore back. Missed training today.

No.

Just No.

Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_ 1h1 hour ago
      #LFC had a light session today. A few players sat out including Coutinho as a precaution [sore back]. He'll miss the game v Athletic Bilbao
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #31497: Aug 04, 2017 07:15:37 pm
      Melissa Reddy‏Verified account @MelissaReddy_ 1h1 hour ago
      #LFC had a light session today. A few players sat out including Coutinho as a precaution [sore back]. He'll miss the game v Athletic Bilbao

My "No" is to what people will start thinking as a result of this. If I sound desperate and afraid about the prospect of losing him, you're hearing is good.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      Reply #31498: Aug 04, 2017 07:19:24 pm
      http://www.football-addict.com/article/liverpool-fc/metro/59848e7de0544756a537f722/Jürgen-klopp-failed-with-move-to-sign-luke-shaw-from-manchester-united?lang=en&utm_campaign=post-auto&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=reds-addict-en

Hshahaha
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Reply #31499: Aug 04, 2017 07:31:01 pm
      http://www.football-addict.com/article/liverpool-fc/metro/59848e7de0544756a537f722/Jürgen-klopp-failed-with-move-to-sign-luke-shaw-from-manchester-united?lang=en&utm_campaign=post-auto&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=reds-addict-en

Hshahaha

Probably shouldn't link reports that source the S*n.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #31500: Aug 04, 2017 08:12:45 pm
      Everything going be OK lads we play kids
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #31501: Aug 04, 2017 08:13:09 pm
      Kent etc get game time
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #31502: Aug 04, 2017 08:15:35 pm
      Are we really starting the new season with only three new signings, only one of which is a first team player?????

I'm shocked to say the least Jürgen has not strengthened the squad sufficiently with all the football there is to play this season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      Reply #31503: Aug 04, 2017 08:23:37 pm
      Are we really starting the new season with only three new signings, only one of which is a first team player?????

I'm shocked to say the least Jürgen has not strengthened the squad sufficiently with all the football there is to play this season.

Would be amazed if we didn't sign anyone but it has gone worryingly quiet
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #31504: Aug 04, 2017 08:40:33 pm
      Jürgen boss feel like we don't need anymore players say we fhish next year 6 place no cups will he be sack
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #31505: Aug 04, 2017 10:24:39 pm
      Anyone know why when I try to Put Ireland on my ignore list, it never auto-completes, and thus I can't add him?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      Reply #31506: Aug 04, 2017 10:27:29 pm
      Ah i long for the days when you only knew about a transfer by hearing it on the radio or reading it in the paper the next day
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #31507: Aug 04, 2017 10:32:28 pm
      Ah i long for the days when you only knew about a transfer by hearing it on the radio or reading it in the paper the next day

It's been like that since the VVD fiasco. Which means we had no other targets apart from Keita and VVD.

After getting Top 4 last season you would have thought this window was the ideal opportunity to strengthen. Same old sh*t at this club.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31508: Aug 04, 2017 10:42:31 pm
      With our injuries stacking up before the season even begins I expect our bench to be full of kids against Watford.

Bit of a worry.

But the way this squad is currently balanced I think an injury to someone (Lallana) in the front five is better covered than anywhere else in the squad. Touch wood Coutinho's okay, because then with him and Lallana we certainly drop in quality.

It's like we've built from the front back.

Imagine this - we've got to keep Joel Matip fit all season long!  :f_doh:

That's f**king criminal.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2017 10:49:24 pm by Beerbelly »
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #31509: Aug 04, 2017 10:47:58 pm

I remember well the time when Ian Rush returned to Liverpool from Juventus. I was a daily commuter into London at the time and someone sat opposite me on the train home was reading The Evening Standard. On the back page, there was an article with the sub-healine, "Rush Back". I became very excited thinking that Rushie could be coming back to Liverpool. I was not a regular reader of The Standard because it was and still is a sh*te paper but I grabbed a copy when I reached my station and the rest is history.  ;D

It's not that long ago in the grand scheme of things but life was much simpler then and I occasionally miss it that way.

Quick Reply