Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4212235 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34132: Jan 24, 2018 11:15:59 pm
      No point looking at Klopp re lack of transfers he has identified his targets.

It's up to the club to deliver.

Instead we get the usual PR "Dufficult to do business in Jan, clubs won't sell their top talent"

Roma still in the CL are willing to sell their top goal scorer to Chelsea.   :o

Stop treating us like idiots you tight fisted fuckers!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34133: Jan 24, 2018 11:20:21 pm

I'm starting to think that isn't as close as what is being made out seeing as Dzeko played for Roma tonight.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34134: Jan 24, 2018 11:21:18 pm
      No point looking at Klopp re lack of transfers he has identified his targets.

It's up to the club to deliver.

Instead we get the usual PR "Dufficult to do business in Jan, clubs won't sell their top talent"

Stop treating us like idiots you tight fisted fuckers!

Last winter

Klopp: FSG gave me money, it’s my fault Liverpool didn’t spend it.

Supporters were crying out for signings to be made during the transfer window, which is now of course closed, but none arrived – despite poor performances, results and injuries.

According to the boss, this was solely down to him and his backroom staff deciding not to spend the money FSG made available to them.

“What’s very important, never blame anybody else for your own mistakes,” Klopp told the Echo. “That’s not the case.

“I cannot change my answer only because we played bad football. I cannot say ‘yes it would be fantastic if the club gave me the opportunity’, we had from the club side the opportunity to do something but we didn’t find the right players.

“That’s because the players were not available.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/02/06/klopp-fsg-gave-me-money-its-my-fault-liverpool-didnt-spend-it/
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #34135: Jan 24, 2018 11:24:46 pm
      I'm starting to think that isn't as close as what is being made out seeing as Dzeko played for Roma tonight.

Might not be but the point still stands that you can still do business in Jan.
      Erm we might have been involved in a deal recently.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #34136: Jan 24, 2018 11:26:00 pm
      Last winter

Klopp: FSG gave me money, it’s my fault Liverpool didn’t spend it.

Supporters were crying out for signings to be made during the transfer window, which is now of course closed, but none arrived – despite poor performances, results and injuries.

According to the boss, this was solely down to him and his backroom staff deciding not to spend the money FSG made available to them.

“What’s very important, never blame anybody else for your own mistakes,” Klopp told the Echo. “That’s not the case.

“I cannot change my answer only because we played bad football. I cannot say ‘yes it would be fantastic if the club gave me the opportunity’, we had from the club side the opportunity to do something but we didn’t find the right players.

“That’s because the players were not available.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/02/06/klopp-fsg-gave-me-money-its-my-fault-liverpool-didnt-spend-it/

Gave him how much?

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34137: Jan 24, 2018 11:27:25 pm

Ask JĂźrgen, how would you or I know?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #34138: Jan 24, 2018 11:36:05 pm
      Ask JĂźrgen, how would you or I know?

Indeed mate that's the crux.

Just like last season we monitored VVD tried to pull a fast one then ended up paying more.

Now allegedly we are monitoring Lemar and Allison, if they are players the gaffer wants why risk someone else getting them or like VVD end up paying more than you're valuation, trying to be clever in the market unfortunately is not a great strength of ours based on previous history.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34139: Jan 24, 2018 11:43:11 pm
      Indeed mate that's the crux.

Just like last season we monitored VVD tried to pull a fast one then ended up paying more.

Now allegedly we are monitoring Lemar and Allison, if they are players the gaffer wants why risk someone else getting them or like VVD end up paying more than you're valuation, trying to be clever in the market unfortunately is not a great strength of ours based on previous history.

Well all I have is the managers word and I trust the manager, as far as the past I don't pay attention to anything that went on prior to his arrival because I believe everything changed when he came on board.

Would I like more? sure who wouldn't but speed bumps and curves aside, I am satisfied and excited in the direction we headed.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #34140: Jan 24, 2018 11:48:18 pm
      Well all I have is the managers word and I trust the manager, as far as the past I don't pay attention to anything that went on prior to his arrival because I believe everything changed when he came on board.

Would I like more? sure who wouldn't but speed bumps and curves aside, I am satisfied and excited in the direction we headed.

Only a idiot like Rib would doubt the direction it's just a matter of how quickly.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34141: Jan 24, 2018 11:48:49 pm
      This might not go down well with some people but just to be clear, I'm fully aware the owners have their faults so don't get me wrong here, I know they could be better, but they could also be a lot worse.

We've panicked signed players before and ended up with Balotelli. I know it's a good thing to believe that it's 100% down to the owners why we aren't signing players after selling Coutinho but I think we all know it's not entirely the case. Klopp isn't going to sign players just for the sake of signing players, he will want to make sure it's completely the right player.

People were calling for Klopp to sign an out and out CF and had doubts over whether Bobby could do that role. Klopp has decided to proceed with Bobby there and he's currently got 17 goals and about 13/14 assists this season, nicely ahead of big money signings Lukaku and Morata, who are out and out CF's.

We signed Robertson and we saw very little of him for the first part of the season and a lot of people (myself included), were wondering why we bothered signing him to not even make the bench. Klopp said he had things he needed to work on when arriving and since coming into the team, he has barely put a foot wrong.

Nobody is perfect, and maybe, just maybe, Klopp does know what he is doing. Ultimately, he knows the players better than any of us and maybe we should trust his judgement a bit more and stop trying to pin everything on the owners because frankly, it's getting tiresome seeing any slight little negative instantly thrown at the owners. Christ, even the news about the ticket prices people were still having a pop.

Ultimately, we are a business to the owners. As a business owner myself, I try to look at it from their point of view. If I could run my own business for a sustained period of time without having to dip into my own pocket then great, being able to fund that business and make it constantly improve solely on the money coming in should set you up well in the long run. For example, Van Dijk and Keita may well be with the Coutinho money, it's a fantastic player gone but you've also got in 2 cracking players and don't have a player in the team who doesn't want to be here and is faking injury so he doesn't even have to play for us.
      HOWEVER, don't get me wrong, I'd love us to go out and sign Mahrez, Lemar, Oblak and whoever else but it's not going to happen, it doesn't work like that. You can also bet that if we went paying out and competing with the likes of City financially and ended up in a financial mess again, like under H&G, which everyone hated, there would be uproar about that too.

It's just finding the balance and I'd like to think that if the right player became available for us to sign then Klopp and the owners wouldn't think twice.
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2018 11:53:29 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      +11
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34142: Jan 25, 2018 12:01:29 am
      There's no need to leverage debt on the club, the money we've wasted on quantity instead of quality Is criminal.

Under Klopp?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #34143: Jan 25, 2018 07:48:53 am
      Still gonna come out of the overall budget fella  ;)

But not part of the quoted spend - including just utterly confirms it was sell Cou to buy VVD / Keita.

If we’d got Keita for this season he’d have been gone in the Summer.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34144: Jan 25, 2018 09:26:01 am
      It's just finding the balance and I'd like to think that if the right player became available for us to sign then Klopp and the owners wouldn't think twice.

We don't have the spending power, or even the lure, of a Barca or a Madrid or City or Utd.
      But at the same time, we need to try and compete for the best players.
      We may not always get them, and may need to wait - rather than make do with 3rd or 4th choices.
      We've been down the 3rd and 4th choice road, and it goes nowhere.
      It's not easy to be patient, we've waited a long time for some success - but Klopp is big enough to take the pressure/flak.
      There is money to spend - but the circumstances have to be right - like you say, it's a balancing act.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #34145: Jan 25, 2018 10:02:55 am
      And we said we weren't going to spend this January.

Shame on us.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/956466596960235520
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #34146: Jan 25, 2018 10:06:46 am

No messing about with that Coutinho cash pile!
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #34147: Jan 25, 2018 10:23:30 am
      Good to.see us strengthen the first team with statement signings! We've spent over 70m on a left back and centre back...

Who says were not addressing the issue areas

;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #34148: Jan 25, 2018 11:19:42 am
      Hmmm.....this does suggest RondĂłn might be on the move.......🤔

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/956485660524900354
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #34149: Jan 25, 2018 11:56:39 am

On a side note, does Troy Deeney have one of the most punchable faces in the league?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #34150: Jan 25, 2018 12:11:21 pm
      On a side note, does Troy Deeney have one of the most punchable faces in the league?

Yes, yes he does. Long way behind that fud Lingard though.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34151: Jan 25, 2018 01:33:24 pm
      That is the question,,, beat me to it  ;D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34152: Jan 25, 2018 01:40:40 pm

But that's expected to rise to 90million based on appearances, shirt sales, trophies won etc.

That's us done for January so ...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34153: Jan 25, 2018 01:43:02 pm

Doesn't look so tough there.
      Looks like he's skipping down the road to pick some daisies..
      That's his secret, he makes you think he's Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, then he gives you a big shoulder out of the way and is on on goal.
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2018 02:16:14 pm by bmck »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #34154: Jan 25, 2018 02:22:04 pm

Hopefully not to us mate Rondon is F***ing shiiiiiite.

Quick Reply