Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Thomas Ince (Blackpool)

Read 43888 times
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Re: Thomas Ince (Blackpool)
      Reply #391: Jan 29, 2013 01:33:45 pm
      I'm confused by his contract.  I understand it is two years, with an optional extra year?  So, is it the case that, if he doesn't want to sign a further year, he is available on a free this summer?  Blackpool seem very casual on this, as if they are holding a good hand with Ince.  Surely they aren't in a financial position to turn down seven million and let him go on a free in a few months?  Can anybody enlighten me on that one? 

pretty sure he isn't available on a free in the summer as wouldn't command anything like that fee (look at holtby for example)

I know we get a % of sell-on fee hence our advantage over other clubs in a bidding war.

If we leave it until contract expires I'm sure many more will be interested
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #392: Jan 29, 2013 01:48:39 pm
      I thought his contract was 18 months (up in the summer) with a 12 month optional extension.  I'm guessing the option to extend is down to the Club rather than the player but that doesn't mean he has to accept it, unless it's in his existing contract that he has to.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #393: Jan 29, 2013 02:05:10 pm
      I thought his contract was 18 months (up in the summer) with a 12 month optional extension.  I'm guessing the option to extend is down to the Club rather than the player but that doesn't mean he has to accept it, unless it's in his existing contract that he has to.

All this contract stuff is new to me. Thanks for that.

Everybody's playing hard ball with each other in this transfer story :laugh: We won't pay over the odds, Blackpool won't sell for cheap, and Reading don't want to be had haha
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #394: Jan 29, 2013 02:06:33 pm
      I think Blackpool can trigger the 12 month extension (they probably have already)

If Ince had to agree to it then I think they would have sold him by now as I doubt he would want to extend his deal by a year.
      Game-well-and-truly-over
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #395: Jan 29, 2013 02:30:07 pm
      I think Blackpool can trigger the 12 month extension (they probably have already)

If Ince had to agree to it then I think they would have sold him by now as I doubt he would want to extend his deal by a year.

That would be my guess, they'd have to sell him if he could just leave on a free in the summer, surely.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #396: Jan 29, 2013 10:46:19 pm
      A Nony Mous ‏@stevebuckleylfc
      Tom Ince very much remains a target and LFC will look to bring in the winger before 31 Jan. Suso may go to BFC on loan as part of the deal.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #397: Jan 29, 2013 10:50:29 pm
      A Nony Mous ‏@stevebuckleylfc
      Tom Ince very much remains a target and LFC will look to bring in the winger before 31 Jan. Suso may go to BFC on loan as part of the deal.

This has the potential to be a decent deal for everyone doesn't it? Chuck in Coates as well for good measure ;)
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #398: Jan 29, 2013 11:07:06 pm
      This has the potential to be a decent deal for everyone doesn't it? Chuck in Coates as well for good measure ;)

Coates going out on loan leaves us a bit light at the back if no replacement is bought in.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #399: Jan 29, 2013 11:13:39 pm
      I'd argue that BR would rather chuck Wisdom in there before Coates if any two out of Carra, Agger and Skrtel were unavailable. He appears to have a lot of faith in Andre and very little in Coates.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #400: Jan 29, 2013 11:21:53 pm
      I'd argue that BR would rather chuck Wisdom in there before Coates if any two out of Carra, Agger and Skrtel were unavailable. He appears to have a lot of faith in Andre and very little in Coates.

Agreed. Wisdom has the physique and mobility to play as a CB if and when required to do so. I know that many fans see him eventually playing as a CB.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #401: Jan 29, 2013 11:23:55 pm
      Agreed. Wisdom has the physique and mobility to play as a CB if and when required to do so. I know that many fans see him eventually playing as a CB.

Absolutely, don't think he offers enough going forward to make it as a wing back anyway. As a CB think he'll be an outstanding player in time.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #402: Jan 30, 2013 01:43:21 pm
      Liverpool final bid for Thomas Ince was
      rejected. #LFC are working on add-ons within
      the same final offer to make the offer more
      attractive (Blackpool Gazette)
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #403: Jan 30, 2013 04:07:56 pm
      Would love to see this happen, but getting closer to the end of the window and I worry that we wont be able too in time!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #404: Jan 30, 2013 04:57:50 pm
      I don't think this will happen now
         Blackpool wants to cash over the top for him, he is happy to stay there(he said anyway) 
       from different sources there is 2M difference in the asking pricev/offer
          can't see LFC meet blackpool's value of the player if not through add-ons (reminds you of Adam's saga

Pity
       YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #405: Jan 30, 2013 06:36:55 pm
      Would love to see this happen, but getting closer to the end of the window and I worry that we wont be able too in time!

Loads of time left yet mate, like 28 hours. Will take under an hour to get to Liverpool from Blackpool so there isn't much rush.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #406: Jan 30, 2013 06:48:09 pm
      I can't see this happening in this window. I think we'll get him in the Summer.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #407: Jan 30, 2013 06:56:49 pm
      Disappointed that it might not happen. At some point it looked like he was definitely going to become a LFC player. Think he has great potential and perhaps more importantly, could have an immediate impact as well. I wouldn't underestimate that possibility. He is scoring lots of goals and we need that.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #408: Jan 30, 2013 08:41:04 pm
      Can we rename the thread "The great big Thomas Ince saga" yet?
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #409: Jan 30, 2013 10:33:14 pm
      Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila
      Reading manager Brian McDermott "We might have one more possible deal tomorrow but it won't be Thomas Ince." Via BBC. #LFC #ReadingFC
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #410: Jan 30, 2013 10:33:40 pm
      Does he actually want to come to us because my feeling is the whole thing is a set up by someone. If he wont come out and say he wants to come to LFC I'm not sure I want him at the club. His dad was a good player but a big head. Hope sonny isnt going same way.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #411: Jan 30, 2013 11:32:22 pm
      Can we rename the thread "The great big Thomas Ince saga" yet?

If we done that, we'd be renaming every transfer thread the same!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #412: Jan 31, 2013 01:49:48 am
      Have a feeling he'll end up at Swansea to replace Danny Graham, although it would not be a direct replacement
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #413: Jan 31, 2013 04:14:48 am
      It looks like BR is still keen on Ince. As reported, money seems to be the stumbling block...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8457124/Transfer-news-Liverpool-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-not-expecting-Tom-Ince-move

Quick Reply