Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 495134 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #1725: Nov 19, 2014 01:11:56 am
      I would get Borini up front with Sterling Coutinho and Lallana in behind, that's four. Four at the back, that's eight. And Lucas and Can in the Middle. Can gets physical and drives forward Lucas pure DM win the ball and keep it an probe.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1726: Nov 19, 2014 03:11:06 am

Sturridge has hinted in the past that his injury problems may be genetic.

"Maybe it's my body type, maybe it's hereditary,” he said. “Both my uncles had injuries, and my dad had them as well."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/537037/Liverpool-Daniel-Sturridge-suffers-another-thigh-injury-latest

OK Daniel.    Thanks for that .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1727: Nov 19, 2014 03:16:08 am
      Personally don't think that Cavani, Benzema or Costa are remotely close to the kind of player that Suarez was. 

Disagree FL.  Costa is a Luis style street fighter. We were talking about him over a year ago.

10 goals in 9 games at the Chavs. That is close to the kind of player Luis was. 
      Like Mourinho said. He strengthened his team not his squad.  3 players not 9.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1728: Nov 19, 2014 03:53:39 am
      Disagree FL.  Costa is a Luis style street fighter. We were talking about him over a year ago.

Not just talked about him.  We put in a bid for him.  Atletico rejected it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1729: Nov 19, 2014 07:32:19 am

that sounds all too familiar.
      This season is cursed
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1730: Nov 19, 2014 08:08:18 am
      I think we activated the release clause, but Costa said he is not interested and extended the contract with an improved clause. Basically he was using us for a better contract.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1731: Nov 19, 2014 08:37:47 am
      Well that's just great...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1732: Nov 19, 2014 08:45:49 am
      I think we activated the release clause, but Costa said he is not interested and extended the contract with an improved clause. Basically he was using us for a better contract.

Activated the clause but didn't offer him what he wanted in wages it's a running theme at the club.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #1733: Nov 19, 2014 09:21:31 am
      Really feel sorry for the lad tbh, seems his injury problems go on and on. A really uphill struggle to finish in the top four at this rate.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1734: Nov 19, 2014 11:14:44 am
      OH Sh*t
       what an unlucky lad
        something is wrong with his recovering schedules  for sure
        Anyone knows the extent of this 'new injury'

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1735: Nov 19, 2014 11:31:51 am
      without this lad we have no chance to get into the top 4. What now spend a £100mil to replace luis and Daniel just so we are as good as last season so much for progress
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #1736: Nov 19, 2014 11:49:52 am

10 goals in 9 games at the Chavs. That is close to the kind of player Luis was. 
      Like Mourinho said. He strengthened his team not his squad.  3 players not 9.

Costa is a beast of a player although his dodgy hamstring is an issue. But he would have been a great replacement for Luis. Similar work rate levels and knows how to finish. But hey we choose to sign the Anti-Suarez instead.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1737: Nov 19, 2014 12:50:16 pm
      He may need this....

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #1738: Nov 19, 2014 01:15:41 pm
      Sturridge's latest scan will determine if he will be out for little while longer or until the New Year - Chris Bascombe
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #1739: Nov 19, 2014 01:27:55 pm
      Can't believe he's injured again.

I'm absolutely gutted, not just over Sturridge but the whole situation we find ourselves in this season.  :(
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1740: Nov 19, 2014 02:14:09 pm
      We can blame international duty for the initial flare up, but the truth is Danny is clearly injury prone, and seems to have recurring problems with both his hip and ankle. We really need another top striker ASAP. Bringing back Origi would be a start, but we need another in January.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1741: Nov 19, 2014 02:51:26 pm
      Heartbreaking. Really feel for the lad.

Why? Is he not getting paid to sit on his arse? Its us fans I feel sorry for and I blame the medical apparatus, I mean how in the F**k is it possible that twice when he's started doing some training again that he's then injured himself again within minutes, I mean seriously who's F***ing call was it to let him back into training again to early, TWICE!!!!
      Maybe old owlface was right when he said the medical apparatus at Liverpool was at fault. What a bloody shambles!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1742: Nov 19, 2014 02:57:00 pm
      Why? Is he not getting paid to sit on his arse? Its us fans I feel sorry for and I blame the medical apparatus, I mean how in the f**k is it possible that twice when he's started doing some training again that he's then injured himself again within minutes, I mean seriously who's f**king call was it to let him back into training again to early, TWICE!!!!
      Maybe old owlface was right when he said the medical apparatus at Liverpool was at fault. What a bloody shambles!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: At least you made me laugh mate. No compassion, no sympathy for an injured soul, just straight in with both feet. :)   

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1743: Nov 19, 2014 04:09:35 pm
      James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho  · 6 mins6 minutes ago 
      Sturridge set to miss a further 12 Liverpool matches, including final 2 CL group matches and PL games v likes of Man Utd and Arsenal. #LFC

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1744: Nov 19, 2014 04:13:50 pm
      James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho  · 6 mins6 minutes ago 
      Sturridge set to miss a further 12 Liverpool matches, including final 2 CL group matches and PL games v likes of Man Utd and Arsenal. #LFC

we need to take him out of the equation for now and consider how we are going to get through the rest of the season. If by some miracle we do get CL footie into the new year it may help to secure a goalscorer
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1745: Nov 19, 2014 04:16:13 pm
      we need to take him out of the equation for now and consider how we are going to get through the rest of the season. If by some miracle we do get CL footie into the new year it may help to secure a goalscorer

I think we might as well assume he is not available this season and if we get a few games out of him towards the end of the season think of it as a bonus.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1746: Nov 19, 2014 04:53:56 pm
      6 weeks!?!

Just what we and he needed to really cheer us up. 4 months without Studge and when he comes back we can't expect much for a month or so at least, if indeed he comes back at all to levels we had last year.

I think the injury/recovery/injury/recovery/injury could mentally as much as physically scar someone. His confidence in his muscles will be shot to hell. Feel for the lad.

Get well soon Studge.

YNWA.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,446 posts | 4584 
      Reply #1747: Nov 19, 2014 04:57:01 pm
      Our very own Darren Anderton / Harry Kewell (sick note) :D

Quick Reply