Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Anfield v Zenit

Read 13610 times
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Re: Anfield v Zenit
      Reply #69: Feb 20, 2013 11:15:13 pm
       "We need the fans in the stadium early. We need them to pump the atmosphere up as early as they can, to get our players going when we're warming up, to get us fired up to go right from the off and to try and intimidate their players.

"There's lots of top players quoted throughout the world saying how difficult it is to play at Anfield when the crowd makes that sort of a noise. That's what we want. That's what we need."

Steven Gerrard on the role of the Anfield crowd during Thursday's Europa League tie against Zenit St Petersburg

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #70: Feb 21, 2013 01:22:13 am
      The equation is simple. Win or bust. Am I wrong in thinking that this could potentially be a watershed moment for Brendan, the fans and the team if we can really right the wrongs of last week? This is a chance for us, as fans, to re live and more importantly re capture the spirit of Liverpool at Anfield once more. It's there if we want it. Tomorrow night.

It's very early on in Rodger's Liverpool era but for me, this IS its biggest match yet.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #71: Feb 21, 2013 08:07:18 am
      12 Hours to go

Strutting round in my Liverpool shirt telling everyone we'll hammer these.

Tomorrow could be an awful day
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 18 
      Reply #72: Feb 21, 2013 09:02:53 am
      I woke up feeling like tonight is Xmas Eve, butterflies in the belly, mind doing cartwheels...       I just hope Brendan turns into Santa and his team of Elves delivers the best non xmas present ever.

Come on Red men.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #73: Feb 21, 2013 09:25:31 am
      Don't know how I will be able to sleep tonight. Might have to roll a supa dupa.  ;)

Come on You Reds. Do us proud.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #74: Feb 21, 2013 11:22:23 am
      It's weird thinking back to the early 70's when I fell in love with this great Club, there was no difference between playing in the European Cup, the UEFA Cup or the Cup Winners Cup.  It was European football and that's all that mattered. 

Oh and winning of course  ;D

I'm going to suggest something a bit outside the box for this game.  Seeing as we don't have Sturridge playing, rather than changing back to our pre Sturridge system why not play Morgan up top and leave the rest as it was on Sunday, with Jordan/Raheem taking Coutinho's place.

I know Morgan isn't experienced at this level but he's good enough to play the foil for Luis.  His movement's good, he's a bit of a poacher and he's used to leading the line.   He's also the only other natural striker we have available, apart from Sinclair.  Or have they both gone to Lisbon for the Next.Gen tomorrow night?

Excellent idea.

Leave what is working and replace on the non-eligible players. Unfortunately, our friend Brendan Rogers does do that. It chop and change.

We should play the same team as last Sunday barring of course Sturridge and Scoutinho.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #75: Feb 21, 2013 11:24:37 am
      Don't know how I will be able to sleep tonight. Might have to roll a supa dupa.  ;)

Come on You Reds. Do us proud.

A supa dupa what? Dice? Rolling Pin?

;)
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #76: Feb 21, 2013 11:32:13 am
      How whatever it is it's also laced with the purest cocaine ;)
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #77: Feb 21, 2013 11:42:24 am
      How whatever it is it's also laced with the purest cocaine ;)

That has reminded me off this, about 20 seconds in:

http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=14529

Anyway, back on topic. Big atmosphere, big performance.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      Reply #78: Feb 21, 2013 11:42:55 am
      A supa dupa what? Dice? Rolling Pin?

;)

Pizza  :P
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #79: Feb 21, 2013 12:16:34 pm
      was having a sad day Semple!  Thanks for cheering me up!  :gt-happyup:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #80: Feb 21, 2013 12:17:44 pm
      Setting off for Liverpool within the next hour, I don't think I've been this pumped up for a game for a long time, we just have to win tonight, I reckon if we get an early goal within the first 15 mins and another one just before half time, then it will be game on for the second half.

Keep it nice and tight at the back, no Sktrel tonight so we will have Carra's experience at the back with Agger, i hope Gerrard plays just behind Suarez, he's gonna miss Sturridge tonight, make sure the midfield give Luis plenty of help and support when he's bombing forward.

We can then get a 3rd in the second half and we may even manage a 4th when they go to peices and see the KOP baying for their blood, I just hope EVERYONE who is in Anfield tonight gives it their all, I know I will.

Enjoy the game everyone, come on you mighty redmen !!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #81: Feb 21, 2013 12:32:07 pm
      Setting off for Liverpool within the next hour, I don't think I've been this pumped up for a game for a long time, we just have to win tonight, I reckon if we get an early goal within the first 15 mins and another one just before half time, then it will be game on for the second half.

Keep it nice and tight at the back, no Sktrel tonight so we will have Carra's experience at the back with Agger, i hope Gerrard plays just behind Suarez, he's gonna miss Sturridge tonight, make sure the midfield give Luis plenty of help and support when he's bombing forward.

We can then get a 3rd in the second half and we may even manage a 4th when they go to peices and see the KOP baying for their blood, I just hope EVERYONE who is in Anfield tonight gives it their all, I know I will.

Enjoy the game everyone, come on you mighty redmen !!!

Have a good one Cas.
      Hopefully others step up to fill the boots of Sturridge and Coutinho.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #82: Feb 21, 2013 12:38:41 pm
      Have a good one Cas.
      Hopefully others step up to fill the boots of Sturridge and Coutinho.

Cheers Racer, nervous as hell !!!

Lets hope so eh.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #83: Feb 21, 2013 06:46:14 pm
      I hope Anfield is buzzing tonight and give the lads an atmosphere to spur them on.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #84: Feb 21, 2013 10:23:21 pm
      I think we can say the fans turned it up tonight , sounded great .
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #85: Feb 21, 2013 10:25:15 pm
      I think we can say the fans turned it up tonight , sounded great .

Agree there. Watched the match on a shitty stream and Anfield was rocking. Would love to hear what it was like for those at the ground.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #86: Feb 22, 2013 04:17:44 am
      Agree there. Watched the match on a shitty stream and Anfield was rocking. Would love to hear what it was like for those at the ground.

Not bad but would be way down the list in terms of how loud I've heard the crowd in previous European games.
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #87: Feb 22, 2013 10:08:54 am
      Proud of the reds last night and the crowd for playing their part. Showed amazing character and b***s to come back and score 3 goals after conceding early on from yet another error by the backline many times this season? Nevertheless proud of the team and was a great watch now lets try get as far up the table as possible and end the season on a high! YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      Reply #88: Feb 22, 2013 09:06:04 pm
      I'm holding my head up high after last night. Crowd were amazing, the lads did everything they could do but just couldn't get the 4th goal. Gutted!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #89: Feb 22, 2013 09:15:53 pm
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #90: Feb 22, 2013 09:43:51 pm

Absolutely phenomenal. Love how Mourinho clapped our crowd, the c**t  :laugh:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #91: Feb 22, 2013 10:06:20 pm
      Absolutely phenomenal. Love how Mourinho clapped our crowd, the c**t  :laugh:

I have a feeling Mourinho has a big admiration for us as a club and if we had bags of money he'd be dying to get a job here.

Quick Reply