Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool 0-0 West Ham United: In-game & post-match irascibility

Read 31343 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 West Ham United: In-game & post-match irascibility
      Reply #437: Apr 07, 2013 05:39:35 pm
      Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Hendo and Lucas were just great. I'm a bit disappointed by our strikers who did not do the job unlike the others.

And we definitively need to sign Diame, he is without a doubt good enough to compete with Lucas when needed.

Sturridge needs to find his place in the striking trio he cannot do what Suarez usually do(that is, take the ball from behind and create something).
      He should either be the spearhead of of our attack, make the runs, take the through balls and score OR be one the wing and create from there. It's BR''s role to address this issue.

I'm sad for Assaidi :(
      He can do better but it was a bad time to play him
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #438: Apr 07, 2013 06:05:17 pm
      Our defence wasnt really tested, but the few times we were under attack, I wasnt very confident. Hate to be repetitive, but GJ is overrated, Agger should be recycled into a Defensive Midfielder, Enrique is back to his consistent self, and Carra compensates his shortcommings with his massive experience ( and has been probably our best defender in the past games).

Lucas isnt recovered, and its starting to be a worry. He is not half the player he was before his series of injuries

The Skipper kept pushing the team forward, but he didnt have a particullarly good game. Still on of the few players who plays with his head up, looking for a pass.

Henderson has much improved since the start of his LFC career. The lad tries hard, and have to give him credit, but still, he doesnt strike me as a midfielder to take us into the next level. He is tough a good option for the present, and our current aspirations (sad thing to say)

Coutinho looks a fantastic buy. Lively, and irreverent, with a good passing ability, and mostly looking for the FORWARD pass, and not the safe one. We missed that for a long time now. He links up well with the forwards, and given that he is not yet fit, we can have great hopes for his future

Stuart...well, I dont like how he plays, and i think he too cold (dont know an expresion in english to say what i mean). He seldom is where he should be, he realizes a pass in going his way when its already too late, and he rarely tries to beat his marker, he just usually ends up passing sideways or backwards. Dont know if he was subbed for tacticall reasons, or if he was injured, but when he left we didnt miss him

Suarez was marked like ive never seen before in the PL. He was totally owned by that bald guy (collins isnt him?). He looked frustrated, and for the first time since he is in a Liverpool shirt, i didnt feel like he was giving 100%, and sulked at times. Sad to see. I mentioned that watching the Uruguay games i sensed Luis was looking bad, and the past 2 games just confirm something is not right. Still, he was unlucky at times, and forced some fantastic saves from the finn.

Daniel was great on his first 5-10 mins on the pitch, then we saw again how he can go missing in games. Still he tried to link up a coouple times, and could have scored.

Reina had one save and nothing more to note, as i said we werent really tested.

And again, having possesion is NOT dominating, if thats what the other team allows you to do. They gave us the ball, and we didnt know what to do with it. Possesion and complete passes mean sh*t to me when they are useless.

Its not a coincidence anymore: most of the times we score, we end up conceeding, and most of the times a teams allow us to handle the ball, we are useless with it. We tied/lost games we should have won, because our defence was awful, and we tied/lost games because our attack was toothless...they always seem to take turns to appear

We are a GIANT team with a mid table squad. Up untill today, i still had hopes of CL (very slim) and EL (actually i was quite confident in getting there)
      Now i dont know where we stand, and whats worrying is that i dont even know the manager knows (not that its entirely his fault)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #439: Apr 07, 2013 06:36:13 pm
      Reina was a spectator, more or less - yet still we almost blew it (Lucas knee off the line)

Carragher and Agger won't get many games easier than this one

Johnson, no excuse, just poor. And poor again. This guy just blows hot and cold and I simply do not trust him anymore.

Enrique, played well, links up well with Coutinho, but needs more of an end product. He needs to actually do something with the ball once he's over the half way line

Gerrard, good game, lots of energy, but suffered today from having to do it all

Lucas, sorry, but I'm betting he's thinking that the season's end cannot come quickly enough. He's not the same Lucas, and he's going to have a lot of work to do to be ready for next season

Henderson. Just too slow in attacking with the ball. Looks unsure

Downing, same as usual

Suarez was poor today, and has been for a few games now. I think he's knackered, but I can't shake the feeling that his eyes are roving someplace else right now. Has his head been turned?

Sturridge, just what has happened here? Can't get a game, and when he does, he looks out of sorts. I think the Gaffer has bought a problem for himself up front. Let Suarez cut in from the wides, and just stick Sturridge up front - I think that will benefit both players right now

Coutinho, again, very good technically, and our most dangerous player in our attacking build up. I think him and Suarez could be awesome

Assaidi, oh dear. I felt sorry for the lad. He must be thinking what's going on?

Have to agree with those saying we don't need a plan b. We just need to fine tune plan a.

Big strong midfielder to replace Henderson in the summer, and a big strong central defender to replace Carra.

Still optimistic about next season, but it relies heavily on at least two purchases.

YNWA
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #440: Apr 07, 2013 06:42:50 pm
      Small clubs always get results agianst us at Anfield in the past 5+ years. The sad thing is a 0-0 is probably the highlight of their season.

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #441: Apr 07, 2013 07:15:31 pm
      Inferiority complex? Someone urinate on your cornflakes this morning? :D

Just asking like, because you said some weird stuff up there.

Nah mate, not at all. But being told to "Shut Up" and to 'F-off' because I mention the name of Carroll does wind me up, and it's way out of order.

I've been browsing the forum long enough to know that the regular forum users don't get called out like that for offering their opinion.

I've also been around long enough to know that many people complain about a lack of a plan B, and that Carroll could help. What I've said today is nothing new, and today, we were never going to score without something different to the pass, pass, pass style. Gerrard's penalty that should have been, was the closest.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #442: Apr 07, 2013 07:19:11 pm
      Big strong midfielder to replace Henderson in the summer, and a big strong central defender to replace Carra.

Still optimistic about next season, but it relies heavily on at least two purchases.

YNWA

Wouldn't mind a Mata/Silva type, too. Isco...that is you, buddy. I think we are crying for someone like the ones i mentioned. A super passer, a goal threat and links up play brilliantly and brings the team together.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      Reply #443: Apr 07, 2013 07:25:51 pm
      Nah mate, not at all. But being told to "Shut Up" and to 'F-off' because I mention the name of Carroll does wind me up, and it's way out of order.

I've been browsing the forum long enough to know that the regular forum users don't get called out like that for offering their opinion.

I've also been around long enough to know that many people complain about a lack of a plan B, and that Carroll could help. What I've said today is nothing new, and today, we were never going to score without something different to the pass, pass, pass style. Gerrard's penalty that should have been, was the closest.
      Fair enough.

I don't think Carroll is the answer, I think that ship has sailed to be honest

I fully believe we are on the right track with the Gaffer, and even though we did not win, we didn't lose, and at times I thought we played some very good football. Two or three more signings, and that should get us into the top 4.

I ask myself, am I confident of beating any team in the Premiership? And right now the answer is a resounding f@cking too right!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #444: Apr 07, 2013 07:31:39 pm
      Time to cash in on Johnson while the sun is still shining...just? Dare I say it as well, but I don't think he's really justified his £18 million price tag.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #445: Apr 07, 2013 07:35:54 pm
      Time to cash in on Johnson while the sun is still shining...just?

You can't be serious.  Johnson has been arguably our second best player all season long. 
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #446: Apr 07, 2013 07:45:09 pm
      Suarez had a poor game.

Coutinho played well again.

Lucas was only slightly better than against Villa, but that's not saying much.

Sturridge, I don't know what happened to him but he looked totally out of sorts and had no clue what he was doing.

Thought Agger looked much better today.

The only brilliant player on the pitch today was Diame.  He ran us ragged again.  But he's not good enough for us, apparently.   :roll:
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #447: Apr 07, 2013 07:48:08 pm

It was generally a good performance - we restricted them to having very little threat and had 65% possession and 8 shots on target when they parked the bus.

With figures like those we would win comfortably 8 times out of 10. Unfortunately Suarez had an off day as he looks knackered.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #448: Apr 07, 2013 07:52:56 pm
      The only brilliant player on the pitch today was Diame.  He ran us ragged again.  But he's not good enough for us, apparently.   :roll:
      Lost the ball as many times as he beat his man and couldn't stop our possession in midfield. Such a boss game he had.

Looked quality a couple of times and was also burned out after about 75 minutes. Their defence/keeper looked more impressive.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #449: Apr 07, 2013 08:00:18 pm
      I thought we played well...certainly well enough to earn the 3 points...
      I mentioned in another thread about Suarez a couple of weeks ago that with all this talk about him moving on we would start to see the change in his body language..Now he wasn't at his sharpest today so is that a sign?..For me the reason he wasn't at his best was down to Collins who prob played the best any centre half has played against Suarez all season..He read everything Luis had up his sleeve today.On another day his twists and turns would've got through but Collins had him sussed..
      Suarez aside , we created enough chances from other lads in the side to win it today....so frustrating !!..
      Gotta stay positive and keep our chins up !!! :scarf:
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,694 posts | 892 
      Reply #450: Apr 07, 2013 08:07:48 pm
      Diame wasnt even hammers best player on the pitch, collins was. Their defence had a great game today.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #451: Apr 07, 2013 08:18:48 pm
      You can't be serious.  Johnson has been arguably our second best player all season long. 

Are you kidding?

Suarez and Gerrard, and more recently Coutinho, have been the shining lights of the season. It's a country mile behind the first two. They've carried us all season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #452: Apr 07, 2013 08:20:14 pm

Kind of agree.

He'd be in my top three behind Suarez and Gerrard.

Haven't seen todays game or the last couple for that matter so can't comment on Glen's recent form.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #453: Apr 07, 2013 08:27:20 pm
      Today just confermed we are an average mid table team, and for LFC that is just not good enough
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #454: Apr 07, 2013 08:28:29 pm
      Kind of agree.

He'd be in my top three behind Suarez and Gerrard.

Haven't seen todays game or the last couple for that matter so can't comment on Glen's recent form.

His form before March was top notch and was probably our second best player but since then he has been piss poor to be fair. Saying he has been our second best player "all season long" is just federer being his usual controversial self. Gerrard's performance have been more consistent over the entire season.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      Reply #455: Apr 07, 2013 08:39:14 pm
      Johnson can be world class, but in a heartbeat he can also be very poor

Johnson is too inconsistent to be considered our second best player all season long. And has been like this for years. This season he's been about 50% average, 30% poor and 20% good. Or something like that. As I said earlier, he's so inconsistent I've lost faith in him, I don't trust him anymore and I also hold my breath when someone runs at him. Not saying he's just plain pants, but he's too inconsistent, and that's almost worse than being consistently poor, because when you are inconsistent, the boss can't depend on you and has to take your unreliability into consideration. At least if you just suck, you're dropped and you move on.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      Reply #456: Apr 07, 2013 08:40:35 pm
      Today just confermed we are an average mid table team, and for LFC that is just not good enough
      Neither is this particular post either. I'm sorry, but an average mid table team? I would say we are knocking on the door to being genuine top four contenders and then who knows what's possible? I know a lot of mid table teams who's swap places with us. About 13 of them at last count
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #457: Apr 07, 2013 08:51:17 pm
      SG, Agger, Enrique did well, fair play, stood out today.
      Coutinho, Carra, Reina and Sturridge did OK.
      Suarez, Downing, Jonno, Lucas, Hendo, Assaidi were poor.
      Jonno lost the ball too often, Hendo didn't have the energy he had against Villa, Lucas was off the pace and has been struggling for a while, Assaidi doesn't look a LFC player, Downing could be on his way in summer if get decent price.
      But Suarez was most wasteful of all, not just with the chances he had, but with attacking moves breaking down around him with unwise flics and over complexity. The guy is brilliant but when he's having an off day, BR might consider subbing him. In saying that, I'd probably keep him on even when having an off day, he's that good.
      Again, we didn't have anyone to come off the bench and change things -- won't count Sturridge he came on early on.
      Carroll I'd sell if we can get 18Mill or whatever and use the money to buy someone who BR will actually play... don't think we can afford to have Andy simply as a 'plan B' for games were we're in the shi**er and want to pump in crosses for the last 10 mins. Sell him, then buy Lukaku or some planB guy like that for half the price and use the rest of the money to strengthen the squad. Can't see Andy back in red.
      Coutinho looks decent, but would like to see him getting on the ball more and showing more authority - not sure he's going to be that kind of player. We rely WAY to much on SG still to dictate the pace of the game, and pick it up if needed. We need someone else getting on the ball and be able to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.
      Borini is another who I really hope will be shipped off so we can get some cash back. Allen I'd give another season I think - there's 3 or 4 I'd move on ahead of him anyway.
      Looks like the season is going to end for us just the way it has gone so far -- unpredictably.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #458: Apr 07, 2013 09:14:49 pm
      Neither is this particular post either. I'm sorry, but an average mid table team? I would say we are knocking on the door to being genuine top four contenders and then who knows what's possible? I know a lot of mid table teams who's swap places with us. About 13 of them at last count
      I hate to think what we would be like if we lost Suarez
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #459: Apr 07, 2013 09:23:30 pm
      Watching the game. A lot of the derogatory comments on here about LFC players are wrong; if I was upset, I would describe those comments as rubbish comments.

Just because West sham defended with all their might doesn't make Liverpool a poor side. We played well. We turned up and everyone put in a good shift.

MOTM was between Gerrard, Suarez, and Couthino.

Quick Reply