Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Reading 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Conundrum

Read 28662 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: LIVE: Reading v Liverpool
      Reply #460: Apr 13, 2013 05:50:35 pm
      And you're entitled to your opinion, its the fact i got a triple "wrong" on my opinion like i was lying or something.
      So you obviously watched the same game as me, I'm convinced half of the people on here based our performance from listening to it on the radio.
      Or, it might just be that they watched the match - but their opinion was different to yours
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #461: Apr 13, 2013 05:50:41 pm
      More disappointed to see some classless comments from posters I regard in high esteem than the result now.

Aye. Wtf is everyone so aggro to each other for? No one on here affected the result.

Opinions differ.

Before the game we were mentioning we could overtake last years tally with 5 games left, we've scored 3rd most away goals this season, a bucket load at home, and then this result makes everyone go bonkers.

When we win next week it'll be all smiles again. Fickle.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #462: Apr 13, 2013 05:51:10 pm
      You really are something else. Conduct yourself with a bit of dignity please.
      Only If people who are obsessed with Rafa and Kenny will stop having a dig at BR.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #463: Apr 13, 2013 05:51:33 pm
      I really wish you would
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #464: Apr 13, 2013 05:52:27 pm
      Dear God. What a staggering overreaction.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #465: Apr 13, 2013 05:52:28 pm
      Sh*te Sh*te Sh*te.
      Same last year .....  same next year .

If you keep on doing the things you are doing you are going to keep getting the results you are getting.

FFS  Get in an experienced manager.
      Its not working.
      Hand your car keys in Brendan and go manage a Championship club.

I might as well sleepwalk for the next two f**king years. Same old sh*te and same old bullshit.

I don't accept this crap for Liverpool FC my beloved club.

Rogers can f**k off.
      ;D

You could at least spell his name right.....
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #466: Apr 13, 2013 05:55:55 pm
      Its too early to judge Rodgers, certainly too early to write him off, this time next season would be a better time to evaluate wether he's taking us in the right direction.  We can't keep starting rebuilding projects, our manager deserves time.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #467: Apr 13, 2013 05:56:15 pm
      Yep whereas I'm in a position of power having watched it on a grainy, laggy internet stream ;)
      My stream, it was like watching lego men through 12 pints of ale - I was actually starting to think; did I see the same game as everyone else?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #468: Apr 13, 2013 05:56:58 pm

Just as classy as your Andy Carroll comment sir.

Eurored is a well respected poster on here and no doubt he is absolutely fuming at this moment and will probably regret his choice of words in the morning but he's one angry Liverpool supporter right now and he has every right to be.

Haven't watched the game myself as i've been working but this result is unacceptable. Fields of anny road got it spot on earlier, as well as the keeper played there are areas of the goal that the keeper can't reach.

We are Liverpool Football Club, we should have collected at least 7 points from our last 3 games, we collected 2. Reading are relegation fodder and should have been disposed of with ease.

How can you still get +177 for saying this kind of thing in this forum?
      You must be a good friend of one of the staffs here.

There's a reason he has amassed that karma. Think about it.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #469: Apr 13, 2013 05:57:26 pm
      My stream, it was like watching lego men through 12 pints of ale - I was actually starting to think; did I see the same game as everyone else?
      OFF-TOPIC: Not gonna lie: I'm a full-grown man and sometimes I wish I still had Legos :laugh:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #470: Apr 13, 2013 06:00:27 pm
      OFF-TOPIC: Not gonna lie: I'm a full-grown man and sometimes I wish I still had Legos :laugh:
      :lmao: fair play
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #471: Apr 13, 2013 06:04:42 pm
      Just as classy as your Andy Carroll comment sir.

Only If people who are obsessed with Rafa and Kenny will stop having a dig at BR.

If they can't respect and support the manager. You are gonna see the same response from me.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #472: Apr 13, 2013 06:06:20 pm
       I think people are grossly overestimating how good we were, by grossly underestimating how bad they are. Not only are they bad, but they are down and have nothing to play for realistically. Given that, they rolled over on their bellies for much of the game and we were able to cut them open at will, and even towards the end when they were piling far more men forward than was sensible, we were able to break four on three for much of the time.

So we created quite a few chances, but don't expect me to get the bunting out for it. The keeper had a good game, don't expect me to drown in floods of tears over it. For me it was THE worst performance of the season because where was the passion, the intensity, the pride, the urgency? Where was somebody balling out a silly f*cker who had just tried a shot from 45 yards, or who had missed the simplest of passes in order to create yet another chance? There was none of the above, and our attitude was an insult not only to our own club but to theirs as well. They don't have a single player who would get into our squad never mind our team (unless the keeper plays like that regularly) and yet at least they gave it a go, despite their limitations at least they tried.

Us? we were like arrogant bullies who just assumed that we would win the game in the end no matter what. Don't worry if you spunk chance after chance, don't worry if you let the ball run under your foot, or miss a completely p!ss easy through ball, because they are sh!t and we'll beat them anyway.

Well we didn't "beat them anyway" did we?, they are sh!t we were right there, but today so were we. An absolute disgrace of a performance, and they can f*ck right off with being bang up for it next week at Anfield v Chelsea. They can f*ck right off with the passion, and the grabbing the shirt if they score a goal. They can f*ck right off because it doesn't make a sh!t of difference, we've just spunked four points against sh!t opposition on consecutive weeks. Liverpool players don't pick and choose when they turn the passion on, they turn it on each time they pull on the shirt. If they don't or won't, they should f*ck off. It says it all about the performance today that when Downing came on he injected some much needed bustle into the team. Says it all really.

If the manager defends that performance, he's wrong.         
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #473: Apr 13, 2013 06:07:24 pm
      Dear God. What a staggering overreaction.

An overreaction?. We played relegation fodder today, a team at the bottom of the table. A team that has conceded 20 goals in their last ten games.

This was Reading's first clean sheet of the Year. Only their 3rd clean sheet of the entire Season. We should not be complimenting their keeper, we should be lambasting our side for failing to score a single goal against the worst defence in the League.

The supporters have every right to be fu**ed off and every right to criticise Brendan Rodgers.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #474: Apr 13, 2013 06:10:03 pm
      An overreaction?. We played relegation fodder today, a team at the bottom of the table. A team that has conceded 20 goals in their last ten games.

This was Reading's first clean sheet of the Year. Only their 3rd clean sheet of the entire Season. We should not be complimenting their keeper, we should be lambasting our side for failing to score a single goal against the worst defence in the League.

The supporters have every right to be fu**ed off and every right to criticise Brendan Rodgers.

It's good to know we can criticize manager's again, during the last two seasons, been times when I've felt, by the response of some posters, that you weren't allowed.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #475: Apr 13, 2013 06:10:12 pm

If they can't respect and support the manager. You are gonna see the same response from me.

That's fair enough sir, but your comment was aimed at Andy Carroll and was out of order. Especially since Andy never really got a chance here.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #476: Apr 13, 2013 06:11:21 pm
      That's fair enough sir, but your comment was aimed at Andy Carroll and was out of order. Especially since Andy never really got a chance here.

If he'd had his chance, he probably would have missed it.  ;) :D
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #477: Apr 13, 2013 06:17:22 pm

F**k sake Rodgers out, why didn't he assassinate the Reading GK before the match?

He could have a pop at the goal too.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #478: Apr 13, 2013 06:18:47 pm
      It's good to know we can criticize manager's again, during the last two seasons, been times when I've felt, by the response of some posters, that you weren't allowed.
      Exactly.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #479: Apr 13, 2013 06:21:56 pm
      Sorry Raw Emotions Overflowing there. Thukka ;)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #480: Apr 13, 2013 06:24:58 pm

It's always been allowed mate, it's just since Kenny left it's become a sensitive subject and i fully appreciate that. If i had my way Kenny would still be here. I'd never have Rafa back, i've always had love and respect for the man for what he did for us but he ran out of ideas and ran out of steam towards the end. He was too stubborn and i felt that after Pako Ayesteran left he lost his way, he couldn't cope without him and he was too stubborn to ask him to come back.

I'm fully behind Brendan Rodgers too. I feel the job has come too early for him though. Next Season is the real test for him, there will be no hiding place for him then. I don't care what FSG say about their long term plan, if we repeat this Season next year then they will get rid of him. I see traits in Brendan that remind me of Project Owl, his criticism of players in the press, his blatant denial of the team flaws as he praises our performances, some of which have been sh*te. Also his praise of opposition that have played sh*te as well.

Then i see the Benitez trait, the stubborn belief that it's his way or no way. The inability to accept what he has isn't what he needs and that he should adapt his philosophy and belief to suit his players instead.

The thing is this, i want Brendan to win us the League, i really do. Every supporter wants us to get back to the top but i honestly do not see any progress from last year. We were creating chances last Season under Kenny, we had a better defence under Kenny, we were more consistent under Kenny over all competitions and we also qualified for Europe under Kenny.

I'm fully prepared to give Brendan another Season, it will be interesting to see how our opinions change if we are out of the Champions League spots by January though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #481: Apr 13, 2013 06:25:57 pm
      Actually thought it was a decent game, shame we couldn't finish off one of the 20-30 chances we had, but that McCarthy had a blinder and pulled off some good saves, Suarez was unlucky with that free-kick in the second half.

Only thing I was really worried about was them sneaking one through our full-backs occasionally switching off and making silly mistakes.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #482: Apr 13, 2013 06:27:49 pm
      If he'd had his chance, he probably would have missed it.  ;) :D

As much as that comment riled me i couldn't help but laugh mate.  :laugh:

Quick Reply