Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Andy Carroll (-> West Ham)

Read 25540 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Andy Carroll (-> West Ham)
      Reply #23: Jun 02, 2013 04:45:09 pm
      hopefully it will just properganda to push Newcastle to bid.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #24: Jun 02, 2013 04:50:16 pm
      hopefully it will just properganda to push Newcastle to bid.
      It was a West Ham ITK that started the rumour from what I can gather, then others started jumping aboard.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #25: Jun 02, 2013 04:55:03 pm
      I know, we're always leaving things 'til the last minute.

Getting sick of it now.

I was more concerned with the price and the deal we had with West Ham in oppose to the timing!

I guess bullshit then... Bloody ITK's
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,495 posts | 8677 
      Reply #26: Jun 02, 2013 05:05:09 pm
      Have to agree in that its not surprising if true and certainly one of the worst pieces of transfer dealings in history.

The £35 million was worth it for this alone:

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #27: Jun 02, 2013 05:10:28 pm
      If we actually got £15m for him then I really don't see that as anything other than a glorious recovery.

I was expecting a £10m or worse 'undisclosed'. If we really have got rid of him early in the window and for £15m I think its about as good as we could have hoped for.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #28: Jun 02, 2013 05:18:37 pm
      If we actually got £15m for him then I really don't see that as anything other than a glorious recovery.

I was expecting a £10m or worse 'undisclosed'. If we really have got rid of him early in the window and for £15m I think its about as good as we could have hoped for.

Carrol should fetch 17.5 million. . which is half what we paid.  Or.. 15 million + sell on clause.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #29: Jun 02, 2013 05:22:09 pm
      West Ham already gave us 2 million for him last season
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #30: Jun 02, 2013 05:25:28 pm
      Carrol should fetch 17.5 million. . which is half what we paid.  Or.. 15 million + sell on clause.

F**k me you are hard to please.

There appears only one club stupid enough to pay £15m for him so lets not sell to them?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31: Jun 02, 2013 05:27:54 pm
      I guess so.  Liverpool will just have to take the 20m loss on the chin. Just think who Liverpool could have had.   :f_wah:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #32: Jun 02, 2013 05:31:30 pm
      Don't forget west ham already paid us 2 million up front for a loan fee.. Plus 15.

If we get 17 I'd say we have done ok there
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #33: Jun 02, 2013 07:36:50 pm
      So does Andy want the move now?

He clearly has no future with us. He may look at Henderson, a player who Rodgers was ready to sell last summer for almost nothing, but then kept and is now a contender for a starting place, and think that he can do the same. Big problem there though, is that by keeping Henderson instead of selling for 3 or 4 million or whatever, we weren't missing out much extra in the transfer kitty. With Andy we would be.

Can we afford to have Carroll on the bench wanting to prove himself when he's worth 15-17 million if we sell him. Money that could be spent on a player who'd be starting week in week out?

If he goes to West Ham for 15 million, great. If he doesn't and we have to sell to Newcastle or whoever for 10-12 million, not bad.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: Jun 02, 2013 08:19:33 pm
      Don't forget west ham already paid us 2 million up front for a loan fee.. Plus 15.

If we get 17 I'd say we have done ok there

And I would agree. Considering some people think Higuain is worth 20m, surely 17m for Carroll is a good deal for us because I don't think he is worth anything like that. Just because we were silly and massively overpaid doesn't mean another club will be stupid enough to do the same.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Jun 02, 2013 08:35:33 pm
      Take Amortisation into account and we'll be getting around Carrolls value so he won't  be showing as a £20m loss  on the books in regards to FFP.

So chill Winston.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #36: Jun 02, 2013 09:28:20 pm
      And I would agree. Considering some people think Higuain is worth 20m, surely 17m for Carroll is a good deal for us because I don't think he is worth anything like that. Just because we were silly and massively overpaid doesn't mean another club will be stupid enough to do the same.

Personally I think 17 million is over paying for Andy.. Yes we overpaid.. But I honestly think 17 million if we get it is a F***ing result
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #37: Jun 02, 2013 09:29:11 pm
      Personally I think 17 million is over paying for Andy.. Yes we overpaid.. But I honestly think 17 million if we get it is a f**king result

Totally agree, kinda keeping quiet about it in the way you do when you want something to be true and not jinx it.
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #38: Jun 03, 2013 12:33:37 pm
      reports suggesting that the deal will be confirmed within the next day or so, with the delays down to the fact Andy has been on holiday.

So long fella, pity it didn't work out but wish you all the best with your new club.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #39: Jun 03, 2013 12:39:13 pm
      There's a bit of a rumour going around on the Twatter that Newcastle (are you sitting down) got a 25% sell on fee implemented into the deal when they sold him to us.

Absolutely astonishing if true.

I don't doubt it for a second.

We can spin it how we want and go into our situation at the time but the upshot is, the football world will forever laugh at us for that deal. I have sympathy for Andy because he will always be trying to prove his worth now whereas if we'd paid a "normal" fee, we'd be able to simply shrug it off as one of those transfers that just didn't work out.

Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #40: Jun 03, 2013 01:02:12 pm
      I don't doubt it for a second.

We can spin it how we want and go into our situation at the time but the upshot is, the football world will forever laugh at us for that deal. I have sympathy for Andy because he will always be trying to prove his worth now whereas if we'd paid a "normal" fee, we'd be able to simply shrug it off as one of those transfers that just didn't work out.
      They only get 25% on any PROFIT from the Carroll transfer..i.e anything OVER 35 million
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #41: Jun 03, 2013 05:09:44 pm
      They only get 25% on any PROFIT from the Carroll transfer..i.e anything OVER 35 million

They must have 'tossed us a bone' when they milked us for £35m, because how much profit could either club have been expecting on that ridiculous fee in the first place.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #42: Jun 03, 2013 05:16:41 pm

Well then that's quite amusing, in a tragic kind of way.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #43: Jun 03, 2013 05:22:39 pm
      Mind you, even if Carroll did well for us and we managed to sell him for over £35M (what were the odds to begin with?) we would still have to pay a quarter of our profit to Newcastle. It's mind blowing really. Like Rep said, I feel sorry for Andy as he'll have to deal with that £35M label for the rest of his career, but I just want us to get over it and put that mistake on the past.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #44: Jun 04, 2013 05:01:36 pm
      Im trying to lay low this silly season, i used to check these rumour threads atleast 20 times a day. My biggest worry atm is that the carroll deal with west ham dont work out. I like the guy but he isnt good enough for LFC and my guess is that BR thinks the same of him.

Now west ham bidding 15 mil for Negredo, could mean that they wont sign carroll and we have to drop our targets because big andy is gonna stay with us for a while longer.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #45: Jun 04, 2013 05:03:49 pm
      Looks like Andy's rejected West Ham then...

Quick Reply