Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

The difficulty we are finding getting back to the top

Read 13953 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,260 posts | 4933 
      Re: The difficulty we are finding getting back to the top
      Reply #138: Jul 20, 2013 01:08:29 am
      So I'm honestly confused Si, whose fault is this move? FSG, Ayre, Rafa, Rodgers, Reina, all the above?

Who do we blame?

All of the above if you wish mate but I'm not sure why your confused.

Reina may well wanted to leave but we didn't have to hold the door open and wish him all the best on the way out. He is at the bottom of the blame if you ask me but not blameless.

FSG or Ayre or both are number one as they have no balls whatsoever. Tell him he can leave if he wants to but on our terms not his. Better still if he so badly wants to go to Braca and they only want to bid for him next season tell Pepe tough luck and he has to wait and fight bfor his place.

Brendan I'm undecided with at this moment in time as I can't work out if he would allow this or has had the rug pulled from under him once again.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #139: Jul 20, 2013 01:09:38 am
      So I'm honestly confused Si, whose fault is this move? FSG, Ayre, Rafa, Rodgers, Reina, all the above?

Who do we blame?

FSG and Rodgers are to blame. Reina can only do what he's allowed to do by the club.

FSG are content to see a high earner leave the club. Rodgers should have put his foot down and refused to let Reina go. If Mignolet cannot handle the pressure of a massive club, do we turn to Brad Jones?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #140: Jul 20, 2013 01:09:54 am
      Agree.

Just got into a debate about this on twitter and far too many for my liking seem to think we 'owe' Pepe his move to Barca and should accept the loan as it's best for him. It being a World Cup year and all that.

F***ing bollocks.

I love Reina but I love the club far more and if we accept that he wants out thats fine by me but he should have to wait until the right offer comes in for us and not just him.

If you want my opinion mate, we don't "owe" him anything, least of all a move back to the club who ten years or so ago didn't wanna F**k know him. Why would he wanna go back there in the first place? World Cup year? So F***ing what, he's a Liverpool player and that's all I give a toss about. F**k internationals. The same goes for any other player as well. Liverpool first, last and always.

I wish I could be as understanding as you mate, but I can't accept any player wanting out of this club. Like you, I love Reina. People can go and read his player thread if they want, when he was getting stick (which has been quite often over the past two or three years), I've always claimed him to be the best keeper in the world. I would hate to lose him because in my opinion finding a top class keeper is a lot harder than finding another 30 goal a season forward. We found that out when Grobbelaar left and we went through various keepers, none of whom were top quality until Pepe arrived in 2005.

But as I said earlier, if wants out then I can't accept it. Why anybody would want to leave this club is, and always will be, beyond me. But if he wants to, then he can F**k off because I don't want anybody at this club who thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,260 posts | 4933 
      Reply #141: Jul 20, 2013 01:11:20 am
      I wish I could be as understanding as you mate, but I can't accept any player wanting out of this club.

Don't get me wrong mate.

I'm only understanding in that I thought this was going to happen since early last season and have sort of accepted he was going. Like you if a player wants to go and we can't convince him we are the club he should be playing for then I'd rather they went.

Same for Luis. I would like him to stay but after the manager has spoken to him and he still says he wants out we move on.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #142: Jul 20, 2013 01:14:29 am
      Don't get me wrong mate.

I'mm only understanding in that I thought this was going to happen since early last season and have sort of accepted he was going.

I know you have mate and I think despite what we were told by management and/or board members, the arrival of Mignolet was always gonna spell the end of Pepe's time here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #143: Jul 20, 2013 01:15:29 am
      All of the above if you wish mate but I'm not sure why your confused.

Reina may well wanted to leave but we didn't have to hold the door open and wish him all the best on the way out. He is at the bottom of the blame if you ask me but not blameless.

FSG or Ayre or both are number one as they have no balls whatsoever. Tell him he can leave if he wants to but on our terms not his. Better still if he so badly wants to go to Braca and they only want to bid for him next season tell Pepe tough luck and he has to wait and fight bfor his place.

Brendan I'm undecided with at this moment in time as I can't work out if he would allow this or has had the rug pulled from under him once again.

It's just that it seemed like you were laying a lot of it at Pepe's feet which seemed counter to what was being said in the other thread.

I just don't know why any person involved in this would think it was the best deal for the club. It may be the best deal for Pepe but it doesn't help us if something happens to Mignolet. My biggest beef in all of this is that fact that we are back to Brad Jones at #2 (if this deal is actually going to happen).
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #144: Jul 20, 2013 05:09:10 am
      Quote from Carlos Qiqabal
      See the problem here?

EDIT: just seen your post about Rafa - surprised yours still banging that drum after taking such a pasting in the Rafa thread.

I haven't take any pasting anywhere. I give as good as I get in it, and I fully stand over what I've said about him.

Anyway, back on topic.....

Quote from srslfc
      Just got into a debate about this on twitter and far too many for my liking seem to think we 'owe' Pepe his move to Barca and should accept the loan as it's best for him. It being a World Cup year and all that.

F***ing bollocks.

I love Reina but I love the club far more and if we accept that he wants out thats fine by me but he should have to wait until the right offer comes in for us and not just him.

Tbh, he owes us nothing. He stood by the club 3 years ago, when it was in bits. The fact it still is in bits is hardly his fault, even though he's not the keeper he was when he joined. But like the rest of them, he wants to play European football and he won't get it here, hence the stupidity of Rodgers comments months ago on us playing in the UEFA Cup.

As for the WC, he has as much chance of playing in that as I have. No matter where he's playing, Casillas will play all Spain's games in their entireity once again.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #145: Jul 21, 2013 03:04:00 am
      We ARE the biggest club in the World.
      Cos Ive been supporting them 50 years.
      Cos I say we are.

Cos if we are not whats the meaning of life ?
      My Life ?

What do penguins know anyway .....QKeekaBall ?

Quick Reply