Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Did Rodgers deceive fans over Reina and Mignolet?

Read 18076 times
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: Did Rodgers deceive fans over Reina and Mignolet?
      Reply #184: Jul 24, 2013 09:00:31 pm
      At this point in time I couldn't give a f**k where he goes, just want it done and done quickly so we can re-invest in our own squad.

I'd rather he was sent to the reserves til xmas than Arsenal. He'll be desperate to play after xmas with the World Cup approaching.  ;D
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #185: Jul 24, 2013 09:06:21 pm
      We also know that BR fronted the whole thing. First by saying "more competition", followed by "we needed to save on his wages". We need to identify the mastermind. Ian? John? Brendan? One of the board members?
      Or Reina, seeing as he's been wanting a move for the past 2 years. But don't let that cloud the bollocks being spouted on this thread
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #186: Jul 25, 2013 01:34:39 am
      Did Brendan deceive us? No he didn't. I'm sure that in an ideal world he would love to have both Mignolet and Reina in his squad. I'm also sure that he isn't the one holding the door open for Reina to leave through for a loan move. Brendan would want competition among every place in the side, which manager wouldn't? But if the decision is going above his head, then he can't do a great deal about it.

Brendan isn't the one cutting the wage bill nor is he the one who wants a move to a Champions League club.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #187: Jul 25, 2013 09:02:01 am
      I would assume that Mignolet was in the frame regarding Reina because if Pepe was staying would Mignolet have signed as backup to Pepe.Now did Rodgers deceive us I can't answer that only time will tell.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #188: Jul 25, 2013 10:23:47 am
      If Mignolet plays well all this will be forgotten.However loaning Pepe out is just madness and if Mignolet flops or gets injured and Pepe is back to his best in Italy someone is going to look very foolish.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #189: Jul 25, 2013 10:29:03 am
      If Mignolet plays well all this will be forgotten.However loaning Pepe out is just madness and if Mignolet flops or gets injured and Pepe is back to his best in Italy someone is going to look very foolish.

It's what top management is paid to do. Put the future of their companies on the line by making key decisions. This probably explains why they get paid shitloads of money for not doing much work. They just sign stuff on the dotted line.

Quick Reply