Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Who Would You Want Us To Buy In Jan Window?

Read 50370 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Who Would You Want Us To Buy In Jan Window?
      Reply #552: Jan 19, 2008 08:22:51 am
      Makaay's also proven in the Bundesliga, but if I recall correctly he had a not so good stint in La Liga, so not entirely sure about him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #553: Jan 19, 2008 09:42:32 am
      Makaay's also proven in the Bundesliga, but if I recall correctly he had a not so good stint in La Liga, so not entirely sure about him.

What do you think he'd be worth Eddie?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #554: Jan 19, 2008 06:13:39 pm
      5 million for a 3 year deal. No more, he is well into his 30's and my lord his face shows it ;)
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #555: Jan 19, 2008 09:48:04 pm
      Lahm as a recruit at full-back. To replace Riise.
      stiffler
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts |
      Reply #556: Jan 19, 2008 09:54:44 pm
      Robbie Keane would be a great signing, but I cant see him leaving spurs.
      LiamF
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #557: Jan 20, 2008 12:33:07 am
      Hey guys this is my first post and thought i would have an input.
      I would love to see rafa sign
      1. Klass Jan Hunterlaar
      2. David Silva
      3. Frank Ribery
      Before this though get rid of Voronin who made me physically ill when watching him against middlesborough  :f_steam:, dont think he made one good touch.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #558: Jan 20, 2008 01:11:47 am
      INS:
      Giorgio Chiellini- centre back....an extremely solid and tough italian defender...tough as nails

Sergio Ramos- right back.... can play either CB or RB, a classy defender, who can attack and score goals.

Klass Jan Huntelaar- striker....a poacher like ruud van nistelrooy.....stil l young, and can score goals. He is the ultimate partner for nando, we need him as a poacher as that is what we lack!!!

Jeremy Menez- winger/striker/attacking mid....a very quick winger/striker/attacking mid overall attacking player, extremely good young talent. very good with the ball at his feet, outstanding ball skills.

Ricardo Quaresma-winger.....poor attitude, but he would be a great asset for us....

David Silva-winger....a very creative winger, very similar to our little luis, but alot more consistent!!!

Zlatan Ibrahimovic would be a great striker for us and an awesome partner for fernando, but highly unrealistic.

OUTS:
      Kuyt....not a dangerous player at all, especially for a supposed 'striker'...runs around like a headless chook.
      Crouch....he doesnt fit into our style of play anymore...and simply, we look like a SH*T team playing long balls for 90 minutes and he's very awkward to say the very least. not a dangerous goal threat.
      Sissoko....no comment...
      Riise.... no comment....
      hyypia....a great servant of the club, and has played well in replacement of danny agger, but I think its time to move on for big sammi...
      Kewell... only a hand-full of good performances, but still too weak and soft...lacks defensive ability, refuses to tackle!!!
      Voronin... no comment...

uncertain:
      mascherano....is he worth buying for 17 million?? I really dont know....
      aurellio.... can see some promise in him, but doest seem to cut it whether playing left mid or left back...

ON LOAN:
      Hobbs, Leto, Insua, El Zahir
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #559: Jan 20, 2008 02:20:26 am
      Can we put a ban on anyone playing Football manager before posting in this segment or those under the age of 12......do you read the papers? Do you understand what is happening at our club? Skrtel WAS a BIG buy....the money is not around if those hacks from state side are in the equation.....and yes DIC might get involved...but too late for this window and too much debt again.....

saying that:
      KAKA, Ronaldo, Alves and Pele.....

God i hope we beat Villa.....
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #560: Jan 20, 2008 02:35:01 am
      I have never played those football manager games...and i am not under the age of 12....
      Im just stating who i believe will be good for us...
      They are all the caliber of players that we need to contend and win the league....

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #561: Jan 20, 2008 02:39:34 am
      Yeah lester agreed. Who does that ever let alone in January anyway? Out 9 players, in 6 and not suitable replacements.

Not sure about Masch...haha you havent watched a match this season have you lad?

Then you say that he has promise but doesnt cut it. ???

Ill cut you some slack Liam as its your first post and didnt go over board like Johny McSell-it-all.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #562: Jan 20, 2008 02:43:01 am
      Yes scouser 10 you are right....lets just buy the entire 2006/7 Premiership winning team if money is no object as your selections have clearly stated.....lets get Fergie as well.....don't mean to be rude or dismiss your passion for the club but believe we have to be a little more rational and understanding of the situation at present.....they are all CALIBRE players but so is Messi, Raul and Fabregas but we ain't going to get them....

Love to know from now on who everyone thinks we might really get and not just a 'Shoot' magazine dream 11...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #563: Jan 20, 2008 02:46:40 am
      As for Crouch...its up to the player around him to not consistently play long balls for him to get to. He has shown his game is alot more than that.....thats like blaming a goalie if his defenders are sh*te....
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #564: Jan 20, 2008 03:27:55 am
      Crouch has been given his opportunity....infact all our strikers have: voronin and kuyt included....and they havnt proven to be dangerous infront of goal....
      As for crouch, there is no other way to play with him....he is way too slow to run onto a through ball from a midfielder...so the only way to play to him is to knock long balls...which over 70% of the time, he doesnt even win....which results in the opposition regaining possession of the ball again...the players are FORCED to knock the long balls to him (it is common sense when you have a 6"10 lanky lurch playing with you)...and personally, that is no attractive football to watch at all...

Secondly, I could have stated messi, kaka, ronaldhino, fabregas, ronaldo, but I havnt.....and that's for a reason...coz we wouldnt need them.
      WE had our chance at cristiano ronaldo, but the einstein brains of gerrard houllier said he was too young at the age of 16 for us to snap him up when we had the chance to sign up...he wanted to wait 2-3 more years, and look what happened.....no comment.
      The players I named, are ones that we need over time for us to become a power house in the EPL...as so far this season we have not beaten any quality opposition outside porto and maybe marseille....we have drawn to the top 4 EPL sides, and struggle to win against the middle and lower table teams...
      Over time, I hope we do sign atleast 3 of the players the I listed above...as at the moment, its the torres and gerrad show carrying the team on their shoulderss.

Mascherano is not worth 17million....
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2008 04:24:36 am by scouser_10 »
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #565: Jan 20, 2008 09:49:14 am
      Crouch has been given his opportunity....infact all our strikers have: voronin and kuyt included....and they havnt proven to be dangerous infront of goal....
      As for crouch, there is no other way to play with him....he is way too slow to run onto a through ball from a midfielder...so the only way to play to him is to knock long balls...which over 70% of the time, he doesnt even win....which results in the opposition regaining possession of the ball again...the players are FORCED to knock the long balls to him (it is common sense when you have a 6"10 lanky lurch playing with you)...and personally, that is no attractive football to watch at all...

Secondly, I could have stated messi, kaka, ronaldhino, fabregas, ronaldo, but I havnt.....and that's for a reason...coz we wouldnt need them.
      WE had our chance at cristiano ronaldo, but the einstein brains of gerrard houllier said he was too young at the age of 16 for us to snap him up when we had the chance to sign up...he wanted to wait 2-3 more years, and look what happened.....no comment.
      The players I named, are ones that we need over time for us to become a power house in the EPL...as so far this season we have not beaten any quality opposition outside porto and maybe marseille....we have drawn to the top 4 EPL sides, and struggle to win against the middle and lower table teams...
      Over time, I hope we do sign atleast 3 of the players the I listed above...as at the moment, its the torres and gerrad show carrying the team on their shoulderss.

Mascherano is not worth 17million....

Two things, crouch gets goals when given a run in the side. And Mascherano is worth 17 million.
      LiamF
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #566: Jan 20, 2008 09:58:07 am
      First of all the topic of the forum did say "Who Would YOU Want Us To Buy In Jan Window?", no matter how unrealistic it is.
      There is no reason for people to be negative, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
      If you wanted me to be more realistic, I would have said that we do already have a lot of quality players. However some of the players eg. voronin or kuyt just dont cut it in the premier league. If you want quality players you do have to spend the big bucks to buy them. Babel is a quality player and alot of people have already said that they would love to see him playing up front with torres. Unfortunately that means we would need some more cover on the left wing. Who would You buy?
      Mascherano is still very young and already a quality player who i think is worth 17 mill, but anyway these are just my opinions. I guess alot of other people would think differently.
      streety893
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -3 
      • Theres always hope in our hearts
      Reply #567: Jan 20, 2008 03:25:29 pm
      What a thread tantrums and teddies

the thread subject has got everyone anxious

lets be a little more optimistic then irate

this isn't fantasy football its Liverpool Fc and we deserve the best

A list footballers like Henry,Eto,Villa,Huntelaar ETC.. should be playing for a club like ours ,its not that inconceivable is it

Any one can come to Liverpool fc with open arms as long as they play with their heart on thier sleeve and help the Liverpool cause in pursuit of the Premier league title

scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #568: Jan 20, 2008 11:58:24 pm
      Two things, crouch gets goals when given a run in the side. And Mascherano is worth 17 million.

Crouch does not get goals when he's given a chance in the EPL, and i dont believe he's proven himself this season.....he does not look dangerous one bit and is not the type of player we need as nando's striking partner....we need a poacher to compliment nando's hard work with the ball and off the ball running.
      How many goals have crouch, kuyt and voronin scored this season??
      On how many occasions have only stevie and nando scored, and when they dont score, we struggle to score goals??
      How many times when we attack does it seem like we get lost and dont know what to do to cut through a defence like arsenal and the mancs do??? We certainly lack that creative edge going forward, and a poacher to compliment nando's hard work.
      And thats your opinion about mascherano....but i personally, dont believe he's worth 17 million.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #569: Jan 21, 2008 07:23:24 am
      I completely agree that we need a poacher, but also think Crouch has an important role to play in the squad, as does Kuyt. It's not gonna happen in January, but in the summer I would replace Voronin with a proven goalscorer.
      torreson
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | -6 
      Reply #570: Jan 21, 2008 02:14:13 pm
      Sell the American Owners is the best way!! keep the club ownership but never fund out the money to improve the player quality!! i believe RAFA can be a very good manager if LFC has a strong finance backup! Please give way if no money!
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #571: Jan 21, 2008 10:51:25 pm
      Rafa said tonight he is not looking at bringing any more players in.

That'll be the end of this thread then.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #572: Jan 22, 2008 02:02:03 am
      id like hicks and gillet to transfer there asses back to yankyville

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #573: Jan 22, 2008 06:20:14 am
      Crouch does not get goals when he's given a chance in the EPL, and I dont believe he's proven himself this season.....he does not look dangerous one bit and is not the type of player we need as nando's striking partner....we need a poacher to compliment nando's hard work with the ball and off the ball running.
      How many goals have crouch, kuyt and voronin scored this season??
      On how many occasions have only stevie and nando scored, and when they dont score, we struggle to score goals??
      How many times when we attack does it seem like we get lost and dont know what to do to cut through a defence like arsenal and the mancs do??? We certainly lack that creative edge going forward, and a poacher to compliment nando's hard work.
      And thats your opinion about mascherano....but I personally, dont believe he's worth 17 million.

Funny thing is, Crouch was given a game and he scored, if it was Nando who scored that goal you would have praised him. The fool cant handle it can he?
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #574: Jan 22, 2008 07:54:38 am
      Crouch has scored in how many games??? Please remind me of his goal scoring record this season...

Secondly, crouch scored a nice goal tonight....very nice finish....and im not taking that away from him...

For record, its his FIRST EPL goal this season....so again, not a good record, especially when defenders have scored more goals than he has....

And you know what....YOUR THE FKN FOOL....

WTF IS IT WITH PEOPLE ABUSING EACHOTHER ON THIS FORUM FOR JUST STATING THEIR OPINION?? FOR F**k SAKES!!!!!!!
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2008 07:58:12 am by scouser_10 »

Quick Reply