Trending Topics

Aly Cissokho

Read 45477 times
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Re: Aly Cissokho Player Thread
      Reply #276: Jan 21, 2014 12:43:51 am
      Harsh on Insua imo, putting him in such company. Konchesky would win the award hands down for me on actual Liverpool appearances.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #277: Jan 21, 2014 02:52:02 am
      Harsh on Insua imo, putting him in such company. Konchesky would win the award hands down for me on actual Liverpool appearances.

I think manwithnoname is focused on the manwithnamerafa to be honest.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #278: Jan 21, 2014 08:49:03 am
      Roy Evans would like Julian Dicks added to the worst left back discussion.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #279: Jan 21, 2014 09:00:09 am
      Roy Evans would like Julian Dicks added to the worst left back discussion.

I can't think of another position where we have had such an alarming amount of total sh*t in recent years.

I never really rated Aurelio either, so in the last 15-20 years, how many quality players at LB have we had?

Riise, Carra (if briefly), Enrique......erm. Arbeloa? Now and again?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #280: Jan 21, 2014 09:46:41 am
      I can't think of another position where we have had such an alarming amount of total sh*t in recent years.

I never really rated Aurelio either, so in the last 15-20 years, how many quality players at LB have we had?

Not rating Aurelio is more your deficiency than his, very good left back, just made of glass unfortunately.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #281: Jan 21, 2014 09:57:07 am
      Not rating Aurelio is more your deficiency than his, very good left back, just made of glass unfortunately.

Hmmm, couldn't tackle, couldn't head, lacked pace. He was never sturdy enough mentally or physically.
      I don't think he had enough defensive qualities to be a real success.

I suppose I do prefer that part of the job to come first - although I do seem to have made an exception for Glen Johnson....and Riise.... - but I will always like a player like Flanno. I think his problem is a lack of pace and a concern that his passing and offensive qualities will always mean he's more of a backup, rather than a first team player.

Although he could look at Carragher in 2001 for inspiration. He was fantastic around that period in a position that he arguably wasn't suited for.

My ideal full-back would be someone who can do both, has some pace and technique, and also the required grit and defensive quality. Steve Finnan and Babbel would be two recent-ish good examples at RB.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #282: Jan 21, 2014 09:59:03 am
      Could do all those things you said he can't and more.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #283: Jan 21, 2014 10:13:56 am

Indeed.

Fabio could have been a great full back for us if he could have stayed fit.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #284: Jan 22, 2014 10:12:51 pm
      Hmmm, couldn't tackle, couldn't head, lacked pace. He was never sturdy enough mentally or physically.
      I don't think he had enough defensive qualities to be a real success.

I suppose I do prefer that part of the job to come first - although I do seem to have made an exception for Glen Johnson....and Riise.... - but I will always like a player like Flanno. I think his problem is a lack of pace and a concern that his passing and offensive qualities will always mean he's more of a backup, rather than a first team player.

Although he could look at Carragher in 2001 for inspiration. He was fantastic around that period in a position that he arguably wasn't suited for.

My ideal full-back would be someone who can do both, has some pace and technique, and also the required grit and defensive quality. Steve Finnan and Babbel would be two recent-ish good examples at RB.

Aurelio was complete quality. Hypia had no pace: makes no difference. Johnson has pace. Risse had pace if he had 30 m to run into. Defending is about intelligence and Aurelio had that in abundance. His touch was proper brazilian and his passing, shooting, crossing was a world class. Aurelio had one problem and that was his injuries.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #285: Jan 22, 2014 11:31:20 pm
      IN Cissokho we have an absolute specimen of absolute horse manure can't wait to see him gone!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #286: Jan 23, 2014 06:41:14 am

Have to agree, never really rated what I saw of him defensively (Aurelio that is), had a good free kick on him mind.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #287: Jan 23, 2014 08:56:47 am
      Flanno is apparently fit for the Derby so we might see this thread drop in interest in a wekks time.

Lets hope so.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #288: Jan 23, 2014 09:27:59 am
      Aurelio was complete quality. Hypia had no pace: makes no difference. Johnson has pace. Risse had pace if he had 30 m to run into. Defending is about intelligence and Aurelio had that in abundance. His touch was proper brazilian and his passing, shooting, crossing was a world class. Aurelio had one problem and that was his injuries.

Makes a different if you're a snail when you play full-back. I maintain that Aurelio was horribly overrated, he was a terrible defender and couldn't tackle.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #289: Jan 23, 2014 09:55:21 am
      Makes a different if you're a snail when you play full-back. I maintain that Aurelio was horribly overrated, he was a terrible defender and couldn't tackle.

You can maintain it all you want, you're still wrong.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #290: Jan 23, 2014 10:13:45 am
      "Wrong" Roddenberry is subjective here .
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2014 12:57:48 pm by Beerbelly »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #291: Jan 23, 2014 10:23:52 am
      Have to agree, never really rated what I saw of him defensively (Aurelio that is), had a good free kick on him mind.

I agree he wasn't a great tackler and because of his lack of pace he was sometimes caught out of position, but the rest of his game was top class.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #292: Jan 23, 2014 10:27:07 am
      "Wrong" Roddenbury is subjective here .

I can still say he's wrong, beerbelly, subjective or not.
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2014 08:35:43 pm by Roddenberry »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #293: Jan 23, 2014 10:46:16 am
      Yes you can, but of course it doesn't make you right.

Bully, ;D.

Much like I said they weren't right, n'est pas? 

That was just a misspelt word, it happens, check a  few posts up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #294: Jan 23, 2014 10:48:47 am

Just out of interest your always slagging our players off is there anybody you have ever rated at LFC?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #295: Jan 23, 2014 10:52:08 am
      Just out of interest your always slagging our players off is there anybody you have ever rated at LFC?

Don't know, but they are starting to make Federer look like an outright optimist.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #296: Jan 23, 2014 10:57:56 am

Current team? I really rate: Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge, Johnson, Enrique, Sterling. Maybe Sakho.
      Nowhere near good enough: Lucas, Cissokho, Toure, Alberto, Aspaz, Allen, Moses.
      OK: Flanno, Mignolet (rapidly getting close to "not good enough"), Henderson.

I've rated lots of players, because we've had so many great ones. Just not enough all at the same time, but recent (ish) favourites have been: Alonso, Hyypia, Carra, Reina, Masher, Torres, Riise, Finnan, Garcia, Hamann, Owen
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #297: Jan 23, 2014 11:54:45 am
      No.

Misspelt? funny then why that innuendo hasn't been edited.

Why hasn't your spelling error been corrected as well then?

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #298: Jan 23, 2014 12:11:24 pm

? will suffice for why mine hasn't as well then.

As for Ally, lucky he's not a racehorse, because he's being showing up lame.

Quick Reply