Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      1 (0.9%)
      Johnson
      2 (1.8%)
      Toure
      3 (2.6%)
      Cissokho
      1 (0.9%)
      Wisdom
      0 (0%)
      Alberto
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      8 (7%)
      Allen
      1 (0.9%)
      Sterling
      14 (12.3%)
      Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Sturridge
      71 (62.3%)
      Agger (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho (Sub)
      1 (0.9%)
      Henderson (Sub)
      12 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Liverpool 4:2 Notts County. In game & post match discussion.

Read 25421 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Notts County (League Cup Rd2)
      Reply #368: Aug 27, 2013 10:23:06 pm
      Not great preparation that. Could cost us at weekend. Good to be through though and a decent game of footie. Hope lessons have been learnt.

Exactly, lessons do need to be learnt and learnt fast.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #369: Aug 27, 2013 10:23:12 pm
      Thank F**k for that, credit for us getting a second wind?

They tired and our fitness excelled.

Anybody who was satisfied with our squad must surely be realising how thin it is when you look at it after that game especiallty with the injuries to our Summer freebies.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #370: Aug 27, 2013 10:24:10 pm
      F**k me, that was stressful!

Serious questions to be asked of our defenders yet again, surely need at least one CB to come in now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #371: Aug 27, 2013 10:24:16 pm
      A game we would have lost last season so definitely more fight about the lads this season.

Should never have been in that position though.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #372: Aug 27, 2013 10:24:21 pm
      3 out of 3 this season its a results business and that's all that counts.I think fitness wise that was great for Sunday they have 5 days to recover and if they cant why are they here.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #373: Aug 27, 2013 10:25:00 pm
      Thank f**k for that, credit for us getting a second wind?

They tired and our fitness excelled.

Anybody who was satisfied with our squad must surely be realising how thin it is when you look at it after that game especiallty with the injuries to our Summer freebies.
      Hopefully we get Sakho before Sunday.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #374: Aug 27, 2013 10:25:50 pm
      3 out of 3 this season its a results business and that's all that counts.I think fitness wise that was great for Sunday they have 5 days to recover and if they cant why are they here.

Agreed. 5 days should be good enough to recover.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #375: Aug 27, 2013 10:26:37 pm
      Any news on Kolo's injury?
      Would be a massive miss if he can't make it to manc game. Even if Skrtel is fit, he hasnt played for a long time.

RVP would eat Wisdom alive for sure.  :(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #376: Aug 27, 2013 10:26:37 pm

It's a good point. Don't think we should be talking about players getting 'tired out' this early on in the season. Hopeful glance at Sturridge. Returned from injury literally days before Stoke with no pre season game time and he has played every minute of the season so far scoring 4 goals.

No excuses for the team on the tiredness front for Sunday.
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #377: Aug 27, 2013 10:26:45 pm
      should never have played Toure....I said so when the team was announced so Im not being wise after the event. Too many games for a player of his age. That looked like a hamstring and if so the manager is 100% to blame for it.  Gerrard should have been rested also. He looked daffy ducked by the end.  As someone else has just posted.....Agger and who else.....Coates injured and not wanted....Skrtel injured and not wanted.....Kelly not match fit.    Agger and Wisdom may be the only option. The mancs will be licking their F***ing lips

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #378: Aug 27, 2013 10:26:59 pm
      I feel quite comfortable about tonight Sturridge scored twice Henderson proved he is way ahead of Allen and the lads got a great training session in.These are games you can never win really
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #379: Aug 27, 2013 10:27:12 pm
      Jordan Henderson my MOTM.

Fight and drive that got us the win in the end.

Not sure Joe Allen could provide that if it was him coming on at that stage.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #380: Aug 27, 2013 10:27:13 pm
      MotM Poll added.

Off to bed for me, so keep it clean, and no handbags. :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #381: Aug 27, 2013 10:28:13 pm

Dead right. A rub down and a light run tomorrow and they should be fine by Thursday.
      Teamofthemacs
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      • By that you mean..?
      Reply #382: Aug 27, 2013 10:28:25 pm
      Looking for plusses. We won. Dug ourselves into a hole but equally we were able to dig ourselves back out. No capitulation. Sturridge great again. Henderson earned his place for Sunday. Stevie gets through game without injury, as does Agger. Will leave it at that for now. Cheers folks and goodnight.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #383: Aug 27, 2013 10:28:35 pm
      Sturridge for me. He scored at important times.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #384: Aug 27, 2013 10:28:42 pm
      Who the F**k voted Johnson  ;) :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #385: Aug 27, 2013 10:29:05 pm
      Well we're through and that's what we came to do but with Ally, Allen and Kolo picking up injuries it was a painful cost.

Mignolet, looked dodgy on a couple of crosses, his shot stopping is undeniable but still plenty to improve on there and think it will cost us a few times this year.

Cissokho, unlucky to pick up his injury and looked gutted as you'd imagine.

Dagger, didn't really do too much wrong, hit the post and missed another good opportunity, hard to fault for either of their goals.

Kolo, defended well and burst forward on occasion, hope it's only a minor strain as that could really hurt us if we bring nobody else in.

Wisdom, bloody terrible again, no confidence in the lad, think he started last season well, went downhill and hasn't come back up yet. Needs to drop back down a level and am not convinced he'll make it to be honest.

Johnson, absolute shocker. This lad has become a real liability and I'd like him dropped for Kelly as soon as Kelly is fit.

Gerrard, played well, great assist for Sturridge and did a lot of the donkey work, hope he can perform on Sunday as that kind of thing stays in the older legs for longer.

Allen, bloody crap, sorry Joe even against Notts County you look average. His only telling contribution was recovering for someone at right back and the touch before Gerrard's assist, not good enough.

Alberto, very average, looks slow, can pass but nothing really of any substance.

Ibe, thought he was excellent first half, faded in the second but always wanted it, always moving and wanting to create.

Sterling, Bertie big bollocks, wanted to do everything and while he scored a good goal lost the ball on countless occasions when there were better options. Needs to take stock and realise he's not as good as the hype but still has tonnes of potential. If he applies himself he can be outstanding, if he lets it go to his head it could be over before he even knows it.

Sturridge, outstanding, MotM by a country mile, brilliant play some awesome touches and both goals had the extra bit of quality we were lacking in midfield.

Hendo: Did brilliant when coming on, 3 cracking challenges and a superb goal to seal the deal, use the bloody confidence that should give you, such a frustrating talent.

Coutinho: Didn't really have a massive impact but still looked classy on the ball, rarely losing it and buying us time when we were down to 10 by winning lots of free-kicks.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #386: Aug 27, 2013 10:30:03 pm
      should never have played Toure....I said so when the team was announced so Im not being wise after the event. Too many games for a player of his age. That looked like a hamstring and if so the manager is 100% to blame for it.  Gerrard should have been rested also. He looked daffy ducked by the end.  As someone else has just posted.....Agger and who else.....Coates injured and not wanted....Skrtel injured and not wanted.....Kelly not match fit.    Agger and Wisdom may be the only option. The mancs will be licking their f**king lips

No Skrtel, no Coates, Sissokomgetting injured in the first minute. how was Kolo not going to be involved tonight? Direct your frustrations at our shitty skin flint owners and Ian Ayre and the threadbare squad Brendan is having to work with at the moment.

Hands up who would swap having those three lads back fit for a loss tonight. I'd bite ya hand off.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #387: Aug 27, 2013 10:30:42 pm
      I just feel that we disrespected the opposition tonight.

We came out after half time with an attitude that was nowhere near good enough.

Sterling needs bringing down a peg or 5. That lad thinks he is a million times better than he actually is. He needs to sort himself out both on and off the pitch.

Gutted for Toure......looks like a reasonable layoff there. But he was starting to get injury prone at citeh so not too surprised.

I want Glen Johnson nowhere near that team on Sunday. He is a fu*king liability. I cannot wait for Martin Kelly to get upto speed.

Looks like Skrtel will be in on sunday. He will be marking RVP and he has to get in his face and impose himself.

Well played Hendo when he came on MOTM.

Very disappointed with the performance....very relieved to get through. Just spoiled with the Toure injury.

Tonight is proof that if we want to progress in the league and league cup between now and xmas only our strongest possible 11 is good enough.

Will FSG get the chequebook out.....yeah right...no fu*king chance!
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #388: Aug 27, 2013 10:31:25 pm
      how is johnson even an option on the poll, whoever picked him must be taking the piss! :)
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #389: Aug 27, 2013 10:31:55 pm
      Hendo is going to be a great player for sure. He was immense today.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #390: Aug 27, 2013 10:32:23 pm
      should never have played Toure....

Between Agger and Toure, who would you play? And, who will you rest? And, who is more fragile? Fairly obvious, isn't it?

Quick Reply