Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 208852 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1656: Aug 25, 2016 11:29:34 am
      I remember (about a year ago in fact) that Chris Bascombe suggested a loan 'deal', to Roma, was in the offing for Mama. I also remember one or two fans nearly pissing their panties, with anger at BR, at the thought of it... because he [Rodgers] had engineered it and therefore Mama was being mistreated.

I will be really glad but anything but surprised if those 'one or two' look  at it differently this time round.  :lmao:

Yep the same with Markovic too. People were getting really angered when be was banished to Turkey on loan, whereas now it seems a good idea to get shut of him.

Personally I don't particularly rate Mama and I really don't like Markovic as a player either.

What I hope though is that Klopp has got someone to come in to replace Sakho should he feel the need to move him on.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1657: Aug 28, 2016 10:18:21 am
      Looks like Sakho is facing spending the season in the stands if he doesn't find himself a loan move. I also read that the perception of Sakho is hugely different between the fans and the staff at the club. I get all the crap he got up to in pre-season but surely there's something more serious than that for Klopp to react like this?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1658: Aug 29, 2016 09:25:47 pm
      Never rated him never will Ive made that clear on many occasions.

He rejected the loan move to Stoke. 

A real player wants to play like Danny Murphy did.

Sakho and Balotelli  are like two peas in a pod.

Want the Liverpool money but cant be arsed. Happy to pick up the cheque and play in the ressies.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1659: Aug 29, 2016 10:29:45 pm

Want the Liverpool money but cant be arsed. Happy to pick up the cheque and play in the ressies.
      Or he figured playing in our reserves is better than playing for Stoke. Can't blame him on that one.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #1660: Aug 29, 2016 10:45:24 pm

Maybe he wants the money and wants to play?

Just because he refuses to go to the likes of Stoke doesn't mean he's happy to sit in our reserves.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1661: Aug 29, 2016 10:47:07 pm

Fair enough you don't rate him, Klopp obviously thinks Klavan and Matip are better options.
      I still think he's a damn good defender, personally he would definitely be in my matchday squad at least.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1662: Aug 29, 2016 10:57:04 pm
      Some in the 'Liverpool Country' ain't feeling Sahko no more...

How does a club demand loyalty when it shows none to its players?..

Maybe Klopp ain't forgiven Sahko for his supplement issues...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #1663: Aug 29, 2016 11:03:42 pm
      He's a good lad who has integrated himself fully into being a honorary scouser.

However he has not really set the world alight as a CB over the last couple of seasons so it's difficult to see how anyone can really justify Sakho as a dead cert first choice.

I rate him better on his day than Lovren but with his injury record and recent misdemeanours I can understand why Jürgen does not rate him.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1664: Aug 29, 2016 11:17:23 pm
      I think if this guy didn't run like a camel people wouldn't be so eager to get rid of him. He's not even remotely as inept as his clunkyness suggests, and in fact I think he has very good passing skills, apart from being a very solid defender.

Anyway, while I cannot say I agree with Klopp on this one, the fact that I disagree doesn't matter since he's the guy in charge and certainly knows more about football than me. He still could be wrong though, but I guess only time will tell.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1665: Aug 30, 2016 12:27:53 am

What? He's shown plenty to show he's worthy at Liverpool in my opinion, he has a right if he wants to stay here, sure he will have to prove it on the training field but it's not beyond him. I can't see how you can compare Sakho to that useless Balotelli. At least Sakho has an affection towards us and put in some quality performances.

Of course he will have to iron out any misdemeanour that Klopp has taken issue with but he's not beyond redemption for goodness sake and that's why I personally don't think he should leave.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2016 02:38:06 am by Son Of A Gun »
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #1666: Aug 30, 2016 12:41:26 am
      Did we sign another Sakho? or is this the same guy who was on fantastic form, helping us beat Borussia Dortmund along the way, and receiving massive support from us here?

The only change since then is his unjustified and later rescinded ban, and the off season where he upset Klopp.

Don't see how his football has got any worse has it? Fine Klopp may still be upset.. but the lad has quality, and he's still got chance to show it. One day when Klopp gets over that upset, he'll get a game and life goes on.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,623 posts | 759 
      Reply #1667: Aug 30, 2016 02:38:48 am
      people are quick to demonize Mama in their unwavering support of Klopp.  ???
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,623 posts | 759 
      Reply #1668: Aug 30, 2016 02:40:18 am
      Did we sign another Sakho? or is this the same guy who was on fantastic form, helping us beat Borussia Dortmund along the way, and receiving massive support from us here?

The only change since then is his unjustified and later rescinded ban, and the off season where he upset Klopp.

Don't see how his football has got any worse has it? Fine Klopp may still be upset.. but the lad has quality, and he's still got chance to show it. One day when Klopp gets over that upset, he'll get a game and life goes on.

I believe this may be a case of a manager wanting to sign 'his own players' and distance himself from a previous regime. Which is all fine and dandy, but seems like a complete waste of time IMHO.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1669: Aug 30, 2016 06:35:33 am
      The alienation of Mama reminds me of how Agger was shoved out the door. Injury and attitude were big 'factors' then too.

I am hoping this treatment is just Klopp showing Mama he takes no sh*t and there is a chance for him to end up back in the team because on form he's the best CB we have.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1670: Aug 30, 2016 06:45:14 am
      The alienation of Mama reminds me of how Agger was shoved out the door. Injury and attitude were big 'factors' then too.

I am hoping this treatment is just Klopp showing Mama he takes no sh*t and there is a chance for him to end up back in the team because on form he's the best CB we have.

Hope so too, mate.

I love Mama but i think his gangly style turns people off. I think he's brilliant even with his moments of madness. If Jürgen can make Lovren decent, he can make Mama very good.

Man of the people but does look like he needs a bit of a spanking to get back in line.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1671: Aug 30, 2016 08:54:47 am
      people are quick to demonize Mama in their unwavering support of Klopp.  ???

Yeah so much for ynwa ;D (that's what I was told when I said Mama was an idiot who had let the club down during his so called drugs ban)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1672: Aug 30, 2016 11:59:02 am

How was Agger "shoved out the door" though?

To the best of my recollection, he had his annual summer hissy fit about playing time, then stated his body couldn't cope with the Prem any more.
      43 games in 2 years since he left us, then retired at 31.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #1673: Aug 30, 2016 12:49:03 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #1674: Aug 30, 2016 01:01:20 pm
      We should have cashed in if Klopp does not lke his attitude.

https://twitter.com/dominicking_dm/status/770589800273510400
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1675: Aug 30, 2016 01:25:40 pm

Don't know why this has been allowed to be drug out like this. Farcical
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #1676: Aug 30, 2016 01:51:12 pm
      Don't know why this has been allowed to be drug out like this. Farcical

I see what you did there ;)

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1677: Aug 30, 2016 01:56:33 pm
      Why are we all assuming that Klopp is being petty and mean here? Can we please remember that if it hadn't of been for Sakho pissing about with "Slimming" pills last season then we would have had a much better chance of winning the European cup. If Klopp thinks he's a pr**k and wants to punish him then that is fine with me, I have a hell of a lot more faith in Klopp than I do in Mama.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1678: Aug 30, 2016 02:27:25 pm
      Love in with Sahko is baffling, he had some good games last season, but along with others has been part of the worst LFC defence for decades.

Add that to his recent issues with Klopp & the drugs issue, the club & Klopp have decided to get rid.

Its a new Era folks, deal with it.

Im much happier with Matip, Klaven, Gomez & Lovren than what we had past cple of seasons.

Quick Reply