Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206557 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #437: Apr 14, 2014 01:42:18 pm
      Yeah it's his willingness to slide in that worries me but he's a tank in defence. Another great performance.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #438: Apr 14, 2014 01:57:54 pm
      Great performance yesterday. Solid in the air and nearly always found his man. Should stay in the side.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #439: Apr 20, 2014 02:02:23 pm
      To be fair there is an argument he's as good on the ball as Agger.

One of his strengths.

Not having it me, we're far more composed with Agger on the pitch.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #440: Apr 20, 2014 02:29:03 pm
      Think Agger should start ahead of him against Chelsea. Sahko looked too nervous today for my liking.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #441: Apr 20, 2014 02:52:28 pm
       Thought it was one of Sakho's poorer games today, disappointing. It seems like when he has a couple of dodgy moments on the ball his confidence in his defending goes too. It may be time to refocus on him being what he actually is, namley an uncompromising defender. He should watch tapes of Vidic and watch Skrtel in action, he's that type of player and potentially a very good one. Not today though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #442: Apr 20, 2014 04:52:01 pm
      Didn't have any problem with him today. His passing from that deep position is invaluable to the style of play Brendan wants. Defending wise he may have had a couple dodgy moments but really who didn't.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #443: Apr 20, 2014 05:21:54 pm
      Off day for Sakho, should have attempted to win the ball in the air for the 2nd Norwich goal.

Looked very dodgy
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #444: Apr 23, 2014 02:12:02 pm
      Sakho does boxing training!!  This guy is a F***ing monster!!  I'd hate to be pit against him in a fight!!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/161666-sakho-how-i-keep-myself-fighting-fit
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #445: Apr 23, 2014 02:50:38 pm
      Sakho does boxing training!!  This guy is a f**king monster!!  I'd hate to be pit against him in a fight!!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/161666-sakho-how-i-keep-myself-fighting-fit

Didn't Sakho break one of the weight machines during his medical? Or was that just a rumor?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #446: Apr 24, 2014 10:27:54 pm
      I think the lad is a nice passer of the ball WHEN he has the time to get his head up and see the pass first. When he ges the time he often finds the strikers feet with a nicely weight knock into feet. His issues are when he is pressed and forced to think and act quickly when he is on the ball, it is at these times, much like Mignolet that he can become a weak link. I must admit I would prefer he put a ball into the stands or into a channel when he finds himself in this position (as Mignolet does).

But on balance, for me he brings more to the table than Dagger because of the strength, power and tenacity of his defending.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2014 07:51:57 pm by Scottbot »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #447: Apr 25, 2014 11:51:41 am
      I think he is pretty good on the ball. Maybe like Scott suggests he is a little suspect passing under pressure, but no more than Skrtel imo. I also agree that he slides into tackles a little to often, but for me it is his heading that concerns me.... or rather his standing position before he goes to make a header. Too often positions himself under the ball or in a dead jump rather than where he can attack the ball.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #448: Apr 25, 2014 01:15:29 pm
      Believe Sakho's pass accuracy is 92%. As that's just about the highest in the team from the players I looked at I'm not too worried about his passing. Now granted he's a defender so if he puts a pass wrong it can cost us more than maybe a misplaced pass from a forward in the attacking third, but he also isn't making 25 or 30 short back passes a game like a lot of defenders...he attempts a lot penetrating passes into midfield from his deep position.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2014 02:55:20 pm by FL Red »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #449: Apr 25, 2014 02:30:15 pm
      Believe Sakho's pass accuracy is 92%. As that's just about the highest in the time from the players I looked at I'm not too worried about his passing. Now granted he's a defender so if he puts a pass wrong it can cost us more than maybe a misplaced pass from a forward in the attacking third, but he also isn't making 25 or 30 short back passes a game like a lot of defenders...he attempts a lot penetrating passes into midfield from his deep position.

I agree mate, he looks "wrong" when he is on the ball, but usually gets it right. Passing is the least of my worries about Sakho.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #450: Apr 25, 2014 05:22:18 pm
      Believe Sakho's pass accuracy is 92%. As that's just about the highest in the team from the players I looked at I'm not too worried about his passing. Now granted he's a defender so if he puts a pass wrong it can cost us more than maybe a misplaced pass from a forward in the attacking third, but he also isn't making 25 or 30 short back passes a game like a lot of defenders...he attempts a lot penetrating passes into midfield from his deep position.

This is spot on. Given time he's a really accurate passer and puts that bit of zip on the ball that players like, giving them a chance do to something out of the ordinary. When put under pressure though he can become flustered due to his awkward stance but I've no doubt given time that will sort itself out.

More of a worry recently was that he wasn't winning his aerial duels against players he should clearly be expected to, putting that down to rustiness though and in time this lad could be exceptional.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #451: Apr 25, 2014 07:30:20 pm
      I agree mate, he looks "wrong" when he is on the ball...
      He does pull some shapes; really deliberate and less natural, more 'taught'... if you see what I mean?

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #452: Apr 25, 2014 10:45:45 pm
      He does pull some shapes; really deliberate and less natural, more 'taught'... if you see what I mean?

Bit like my dancing lad

Apart from replace "taught" with "Drink fueled"

;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #453: Apr 26, 2014 03:50:21 am
      He looks a bit like a spider on roller skates at times but I find it entertaining personally.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #454: May 01, 2014 12:18:02 pm
      Mamadou Sakho has said playing for Liverpool is like playing for a country:

"Liverpool isn't a small family of the players and the staff. It's really a very, very big family with all the supporters. For me, Liverpool is a country. It's a country of football because the support is really behind you and, when you know the history in this stadium, it’s really exceptional."

Pretty damn good quote lad!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #455: May 01, 2014 12:26:35 pm
      Mamadou Sakho has said playing for Liverpool is like playing for a country:

"Liverpool isn't a small family of the players and the staff. It's really a very, very big family with all the supporters. For me, Liverpool is a country. It's a country of football because the support is really behind you and, when you know the history in this stadium, it’s really exceptional."

Pretty damn good quote lad!

Fair play to the lad, slotted in there Luke.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #456: May 06, 2014 11:37:43 am
      Have to differ on this one mate, as I said previously I have backed the lad and will continue as long as he wears the shirt, I believe for the next challenge we do need to step up a notch.
      Pre-empting the situation is no bad thing.

Have no reason for any massive change of opinion and the nightmare yesterday goes some way to reinforcing the assertion, he isn't on his own of course the defence needs sorting as soon as.
      His distribution is up there with the best but a very one dimensional player it has to be said.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #457: May 06, 2014 11:58:24 am
      Have no reason for any massive change of opinion and the nightmare yesterday goes some way to reinforcing the assertion, he isn't on his own of course the defence needs sorting as soon as.
      His distribution is up there with the best but a very one dimensional player it has to be said.

Honestly didn't see where he did much wrong defensively. Was constantly winning headers. His passing was exceptional, his positioning was spot on for most of the match. Hate to say it but Flannagan, Skrtel and Johnson were the weak points in defense yesterday, Sakho was our best defender by a long way.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #458: May 06, 2014 12:02:04 pm
      Honestly didn't see where he did much wrong defensively. Was constantly winning headers. His passing was exceptional, his positioning was spot on for most of the match. Hate to say it but Flannagan, Skrtel and Johnson were the weak points in defense yesterday, Sakho was our best defender by a long way.

I'd go as far to say Flanagan was poor and Johnson was his usual Jeckyll and Hyde.  Skrtel lost his head a little, for me, but one thing was blatant, we had no natural leader in that back line.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #459: May 06, 2014 12:02:53 pm
      I'd go as far to say Flanagan was poor and Johnson was his usual Jeckyll and Hyde.  Skrtel lost his head a little, for me, but one thing was blatant, we had no natural leader in that back line.

That's a great point....Sami where are you??

Quick Reply