Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

New signings = New First XI

Read 14936 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      New signings = New First XI
      Sep 02, 2013 11:09:25 am
      So with our new signings and Victor Moses all but done, is this how we are going to line up for the rest of the season...

Mignolet

Johnson - Toure - Agger - Enrique

Gerrard - Lucas

Suarez - Coutinho - Moses

Sturridge

Subs: Jones, Sakho, Cissokho, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Aspas
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Re: New signings = New First XI
      Reply #1: Sep 02, 2013 11:46:02 am
      No.

Our best player this season has been Henderson and he fully deserves to retain his place in the starting XI.
      Redpower
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #2: Sep 02, 2013 11:48:33 am
      Mignolet

Johnson - Toure - Agger - Enrique

Gerrard - Lucas

Henderson - Coutinho - Suarez

Sturridge

Subs: Jones, Sakho, Cissokho, Allen, Moses, Sterling, Aspas

Looks much better than last season to be honest!

& with Sakho fighting for the starting XI as well we have much more competition!
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #3: Sep 02, 2013 12:48:17 pm
      As daft as it sounds I don't see why Suarez should return straight to a starting line-up that has won 4 games out of 4 and not conceded a single goal in the league. I think ease him back into the side, we've been poorer in the second halves so leave him on the bench then introduce him cause he'll no doubt add some fire when we need it and give the opposition something on a whole new level to think about. He was a c**t to us, we're top of the league so he can work his way back into the team. He is definitely staying now but that could be a dangerous tactic as it might just send him towards the exit door even more. But the Liverpool fan in me thinks F**k you Luis, you can work your way back into this unbeaten top of the league team. Thoughts?

Only change I'd maybe consider is Kelly for Johnson, haven't liked Johnson for a long time because his defensive work is terrible IMO although he hasn't been lacking this season so far which is a big positive. He's great going forward mind, which again I think we could use as a sub when we need another goal but are looking to hold a lead, fresh Johnson legs off the bench. Tough one to call given our start, maybe just go with Johnson to keep his and our team momentum.

Also I think Sakho could be surprise competition for Enrique, I know he's mainly a CB but Enrique needs to keep his performances high (not that he's been poor the first few games) cause Sakho could come in at left back. I think Moses will feature heavily and Ilori will be used similarly to Alberto - in and around the squad/cup games. I think it's massively important that we use Coutinho in the number 10 role as well, hate it when he's on the left flank, less effective there.

Our team for me as it stands would be:

Mignolet

Kelly/Johnson    Toure    Agger    Enrique

Henderson    Gerrard    Lucas

Coutinho

Sturridge      Aspas/Suarez

Subs: Jones, Sakho, Kelly/Johnson, Allen, Moses, Sterling, Aspas/Suarez.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Sep 02, 2013 01:19:06 pm
      I dont know if we can say whats our best 11 I dont know enough about Sakho for example to say if hell force Agger or Toure out. But what we now have is options. Enrique for example will have to up his game as Cissokho and Sakho can play left full. Johnson has to up his game as Toure can be moved to right full to accomadate Sakho or Illori. Agger likewise.

Though I dont have the time of say for him when Suarez ban is up hes in looking for a place against the most in form striker in the game, 1 of them may be forced wide putting pressure on our best player so far Coutinho and our new signing Moses. Its what we need. Players needing to be at there best becasue if they arent they know now theres a player worthy of taking there place.

Icing would be getting a good keeper in to pressure Simon and a sitting midfielder though im led to believe that Toure and possibily Sakho can do that?

We look a lot healthier
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #5: Sep 02, 2013 01:28:03 pm
      Iv been saying all summer that we need cover for DM position but now that we have quality cover in defence would anybody else agree that Agger could be very effective as a sitting midfielder. He has all the attributes for that position. If anything he might be better with the ball then Lucas. Only to be used if Lucas or Gerrard got injured.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #6: Sep 02, 2013 01:40:41 pm
      No.

Our best player this season has been Henderson and he fully deserves to retain his place in the starting XI.

I agree. I mentioned in another thread that I could see him playing the Lucas role as he's looked a bit rash and shakey this year.

This isn't necessarily the team I'd pick but I think it has the best combination of players for when everyone's fit and Suarez is back (hopefully)

Not sure on the 3-5-2 formation but it doesn't look a bad team in my eyes. Looks balanced with safety at the back and danger going forward:

Migs

Toure   Agger   Sakho

Johnson                   Enrique

Gerrard   Hendo

Coutinho

Suarez   Sturridge

What do others think?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7: Sep 02, 2013 07:33:05 pm
      Very difficult to pick the perfect X1, I think tho Brendan will have major headaches trying to keep everyone happy bearing in mind we are only competing in domestic comps this season,

The shoe in starters for me should be mignolet, Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho , Henderson, Sturridge,

That leaves 6 to choose from, if everyone is fit & healthy it's so hard to choose who plays, for me Glen, Kolo, Agger & Enrique deserve to hold their spots,
      I'd opt for Moses on the left , Hendo right side with Coutinho in the middle, Suarez floating and Sturridge up top,

Mignolet

Johnson.  Kolo. Agger. Enrique

Gerrard. Lucas

Henderson.  Coutinho.  Moses

Suarez
                                  Sturridge

Bench; Jones/Given. Sakho ilori Aspas Cissokho Sterling Ibe

Of course the options are plentiful with differing combinations but we do have to retain balance and replace like for like wherever possible,

Glad I'm not the gaffer tho

YNWA

lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #8: Sep 02, 2013 07:38:40 pm
      Very difficult to pick the perfect X1, I think tho Brendan will have major headaches trying to keep everyone happy bearing in mind we are only competing in domestic comps this season,

The shoe in starters for me should be mignolet, Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho , Henderson, Sturridge,

That leaves 6 to choose from, if everyone is fit & healthy it's so hard to choose who plays, for me Glen, Kolo, Agger & Enrique deserve to hold their spots,
      I'd opt for Moses on the left , Hendo right side with Coutinho in the middle, Suarez floating and Sturridge up top,

Mignolet

Gerrard. Lucas

Suarez
                                  Sturridge

Of course the options are plentiful with differing combinations but we do have to retain balance and replace like for like wherever possible,

YNWA

There's 12 players in that team Billy ;)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      Reply #9: Sep 02, 2013 07:41:17 pm
      Oh F**k I've just realised I've got 11 outfield players that kind if fucks up my team, looks Moses will miss out, sh*t ,
      Put Coutinho there instead
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      Reply #10: Sep 02, 2013 07:44:27 pm
      There's 12 players in that team Billy ;)

Yeah I noticed to late Tom, I'm going to write to the FA see if we can have a rule change cos it fucks up our perfect team, bas**rds  ;D

YNWA
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #11: Sep 02, 2013 07:46:22 pm
      Yeah I noticed to late Tom, I'm going to write to the FA see if we can have a rule change cos it fucks up our perfect team, bas**rds  ;D

YNWA

:laugh:

The way we're playing we don't even need a keeper. So we can have 11 outfield players :)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      Reply #12: Sep 02, 2013 07:46:38 pm
      I agree. I mentioned in another thread that I could see him playing the Lucas role as he's looked a bit rash and shakey this year.

This isn't necessarily the team I'd pick but I think it has the best combination of players for when everyone's fit and Suarez is back (hopefully)

Not sure on the 3-5-2 formation but it doesn't look a bad team in my eyes. Looks balanced with safety at the back and danger going forward:

Migs

Toure   Agger   Sakho

Johnson                   Enrique

Gerrard   Hendo

Coutinho

Suarez   Sturridge

What do others think?

You would drop Lucas ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      Reply #13: Sep 02, 2013 07:48:13 pm

The way we're playing we don't even need a keeper. So we can have 11 outfield players :)

Yeah sell the mig we don't need him ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #14: Sep 02, 2013 07:51:15 pm

Mignolet

Gerrard. Lucas

Suarez
                                  Sturridge

YNWA

Simon, Moses, Jordan & 2 Daniels - there must be a biblical gag in there surely?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      Reply #15: Sep 02, 2013 07:53:21 pm
      Simon, Moses, Jordan & 2 Daniels - there must be a biblical gag in there surely?

Oh Jesus, I just realised   ;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,725 posts | 7164 
      Reply #16: Sep 02, 2013 08:10:52 pm
      No.

not only our best but our most improved he has the right attitude he is a winner
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,725 posts | 7164 
      Reply #17: Sep 02, 2013 08:11:43 pm
      will Moses lead us to the promised land
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #18: Sep 02, 2013 08:19:19 pm

Yeah lost confidence in the way he challenges etc the last couple of games. And it looks like hendo is getting better and better at that sort of hard graft...
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #19: Sep 02, 2013 08:20:37 pm
      Yeah lost confidence in the way he challenges etc the last couple of games. And it looks like hendo is getting better and better at that sort of hard graft...

Quality stuff that.

Lucas has started F***ing immensely this season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #20: Sep 02, 2013 08:21:18 pm

Wouldn't drop either - both offer plenty
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #21: Sep 02, 2013 08:22:20 pm

:confused-smiley-013:
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #22: Sep 02, 2013 08:28:16 pm

I get the point but don't think we would have been top of the table had it not been for Mignolet. He has been a star.

Quick Reply