Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Anyone else a bit surprised at some of the negative press on Sturridge?

Read 6148 times
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Re: Anyone else a bit surprised at some of the negative press on Sturridge?
      Reply #23: Sep 14, 2013 02:33:57 pm
      F**k England and F**k the media. I wish Brendan would just come out and say yeah we protected him cause we're called Liverpool Football Club, not England Football Club. F**k Laudrup and F**k that fat tw*t Rooney.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5003 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Sep 14, 2013 02:59:44 pm
      Wonder if Rooney will get the same media treatment after missing 2 games for England and then starting for the mancs.

Think we all know the answer to that,

Is it just me , but why everytime the name Rooney is mentioned I immediately think of a rope tied to a branch with a tyre tied to the end of it ??  ;D

YNWA
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #25: Sep 14, 2013 03:47:32 pm
      Over money for players wasn't it?

I've a feeling Laudrup will out grow Swansea pretty quickly.

Think so Si - though I think there may have been a bit of posturing just to let the big clubs know he wasn't averse to a move.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,334 posts | 6386 
      Reply #26: Sep 14, 2013 06:31:14 pm
      I'd be surprised if the media didn't make a big deal about it.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #27: Sep 14, 2013 08:16:15 pm
      Our club pay his wages and if our medics say his not fit and the FA medics say he's not fit end of the story , and for Laudrup to stick his nose in to our business says he has an agenda , and that would be to put Danny on edge .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Sep 14, 2013 08:25:27 pm
      Thought the media would have learnt by now.  The more they try to put us down the harder we come back at them.

F**k them, f**k England, f**k everybody.  We're Liverpool Football Club, we take s**t from nobody!!

Stick it to 'em Danny boy by scoring a bagful.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29: Sep 15, 2013 07:57:33 pm
      Typical press bias, Rooney dose the same and is welcomed back with open arms by the press, Danny,s made out to be the vilan
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #30: Sep 15, 2013 08:37:27 pm
      He's a Liverpool player, so no, I'm not the least bit surprised that he's getting negative press.

Laudrup must be quaking in his boots to be coming out with sh*te like that.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #31: Sep 15, 2013 10:22:35 pm
      Laudrups quotes are as stupid as his team selection against the mancs the tit.
      Sounds a bit worried to me :-)come on redmen and particularly Danny lad.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #32: Sep 15, 2013 10:35:11 pm
      Surprised? No, why would we be surprised? The media need to write stories, and here they have just that. One that relates with the national team. There is no better way to create a fuss and grab the peoples attention.

But what is annoying me is Rodgers. He sometimes comes across as someone who is on the back foot. He needs to show more aggression toward to media.. and be a little more arrogant and more dismissive at the same time. This is what Mourinho does perfectly. He is so arrogant that he actually makes any stories from the media look like complete nonsense. He challenges the reporters at his press conferences and really makes their questions seem insignificant. Brendan needs to learn how to control certain stories and he certainly needs to be more opinionated. Ferguson is a prime example.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,436 posts | 3420 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33: Sep 16, 2013 10:45:58 am
      Surprised by Laudrup, coming from a man who turned down the chance to play at Euro 1992 when Denmark won the euros, still people have short memories.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Sep 16, 2013 11:05:28 am
      Surprised by Laudrup, coming from a man who turned down the chance to play at Euro 1992 when Denmark won the euros, still people have short memories.

I can't remember what I was doing in 1992, never mind Laudrup.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #35: Sep 16, 2013 11:23:50 am
      I can't remember what I was doing in 1992, never mind Laudrup.

Apparently I robbed the baby Jesus out of the crib in the hospital (my sister had just been born) and hid it, then told the nurses that it was missing.  >:D

Once a messer, always a messer!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36: Sep 16, 2013 11:26:01 am
      Apparently I robbed the baby Jesus out of the crib in the hospital (my sister had just been born) and hid it, then told the nurses that it was missing.  >:D

Once a messer, always a messer!

That's the spirit, or was it the holy ghost?

I'll get my coat.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #37: Sep 16, 2013 11:47:40 am
      He doesn't play for United, it's that simple. When Fergie routinely pulled players out of England games there was barely a whisper. When the England Camp doctors send one of ours home, there's a furore. That's the English gutter press for you.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #38: Sep 16, 2013 11:59:06 am
      Even with the '5 day rule' (which is rarely invoked) - he would still be eligible to play

Laudrup is probably just worried and getting excuses in early as he has a european game on thursday
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #39: Sep 16, 2013 12:40:15 pm
      Is laudrup cracking up? Looks and sounds like so.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #40: Sep 16, 2013 12:54:40 pm
      Is laudrup cracking up? Looks and sounds like so.
        Laudrup is the last one who can talk,, apparently Jonjo Shelvey was pulled out of england U21's  game with a knee injury, and hear hear !!he is eligible and said fit  to play tonght against the REDS
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #41: Sep 16, 2013 01:21:12 pm
        Laudrup is the last one who can talk,, apparently Jonjo Shelvey was pulled out of england U21's  game with a knee injury, and hear hear !!he is eligible and said fit  to play tonght against the REDS

Hyprocrite.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #42: Sep 16, 2013 01:30:09 pm
      surprised if he didn't get stick it comes with wearing the Red shirt.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #43: Sep 16, 2013 01:34:46 pm
      One thing that does surprise me, is the fact that Rooney also missed out on the England game because of a cut on his forehead, yet he was able to play for Man Utd by wearing a bandage.

Ta-da! problem solved.

No mention of that by the press..
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #44: Sep 16, 2013 04:18:13 pm
      F**k England after the 2006 world cup I said to myself that's it never will I support them again, after everything that happened the Wags the Golden Generation, Sven Goran Errickson kissing Rooneys ass, Rooney getting sent off all the other bullshit.

Quick Reply