Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match: Mancs v LFC

Simon Mignolet
      15 (17.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      19 (21.8%)
      Jose Enrique
      10 (11.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      5 (5.7%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      8 (9.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      10 (11.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Suarez
      18 (20.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.1%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Martin Kelly
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Sep 28, 2013 09:56:18 pm

Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Debate

Read 34011 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #575: Sep 26, 2013 06:20:52 am

Simple as that.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #576: Sep 26, 2013 06:21:46 am
      Just to revisit the "it was their reserves" comments I've seen. I've been of the opinion all season that Ferdinand is flat out finished and Evans is the better player these days. The left back is a youngster (albeit quite a good one), while Nani, Rooney, Kagawa, Hernandez, De Dea etc are hardly second string players of the like you run into every week. Put it this way, if THAT team played in the Premiership under another name they'd finish top eight at least.
      So second string utd team then

Agreed they were no mugs, but they were very mediocre at best
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      Reply #577: Sep 26, 2013 06:25:31 am
      He was on the near post and misread the flight of the ball. He stepped towards it and ended up underneath it when he should have cut it out.
      Other than that i thought he played ok, as did the rest of our midfield.
      So what if Gerrard was out of position? That was just the first phase. Enrique was to blame for the goal, he was caught sleeping when he should have been defending

Blaming Gerrard for the goal is like blaming Mignolet for Sturridge playing sh*te
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #578: Sep 26, 2013 07:38:06 am
      Cannot put into words who p****d off and annoyed I feel still
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #579: Sep 26, 2013 07:44:02 am
      Cannot put into words who p****d off and annoyed I feel still

Annoying isn't it simply how gash we are nowadays

We don't do anything as a unit, we have to put fires out defensively.. We are all foreplay and rubbing in attack with no penetration

We are gash.

Going nowhere.. Except we are now where we are.. 6th-10th

w*nk

Not bad for 3 years work fsg..
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #580: Sep 26, 2013 07:46:28 am
      Annoying isn't it simply how gash we are nowadays

We don't do anything as a unit, we have to put fires out defensively.. We are all foreplay and rubbing in attack with no penetration

We are gash.

Going nowhere.. Except we are now where we are.. 6th-10th

w*nk

Not bad for 3 years work fsg..

At least we've got the F.A. Cup to look forward to! As long as we're 6th by Jan we'll maybe/possibly/could strengthen and 'go' again! According to Brendan.

6th is now something we openly talk about after 5 games, what the f**k has become of our expectations.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #581: Sep 26, 2013 07:51:21 am
      At least we've got the F.A. Cup to look forward to! As long as we're 6th by Jan we'll maybe/possibly/could strengthen and 'go' again! According to Brendan.

6th is now something we openly talk about after 5 games, what the f**k has become of our expectations.

If you landed from space you wouldn't believe this is the same club as in 08

I don't buy this building bollocks.. We are treading water with this process, the teams in the top 5 are building better and faster than us and we expect our way won't just bridge the gap but go past them?

No F***ing chance.

No.1 in Europe a few years back..
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #582: Sep 26, 2013 07:56:38 am
      If you landed from space you wouldn't believe this is the same club as in 08

I don't buy this building bollocks.. We are treading water with this process, the teams in the top 5 are building better and faster than us and we expect our way won't just bridge the gap but go past them?

No f**king chance.

No.1 in Europe a few years back..

Totally with you mate, all enthusiasm I had has been drained from me, the passion I have for the club just feels like a punching ball given a jab every time I watch displays like that and substitutions like that.

It's just developing into malaise now, drifting from season to season, being told the same crap time and again.

If I was a player, Liverpool is no longer a destination, it isn't a club you would aspire to go to, so when we're treated as a stepping stone we shouldn't be surprised.

I'll never stop supporting the club, it's in my blood, but I've never felt worse about our footballing future than I do right now.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #583: Sep 26, 2013 08:06:15 am
      How the F**k did we lose that , a sh*te united team that we should have beat with our hands behind our back .
      No passion right across the board .
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #584: Sep 26, 2013 08:09:55 am
      l wont be surprize if sunderland beat us on sunday, then things are going down toilet, to me as fan we can play good football just like game lastnite but still come out wrong end of result, l feel we end up 6 nextseason, moyes says macs need 2 players, we need least 4 or 5 good players in few areas before we even get top 4
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #585: Sep 26, 2013 08:14:09 am
      Flipping hell... Doom and gloom on here today..!

Some people need to get a grip - its not as bad as you think. Take a look at the league table and you will see that we are 2 points off the top spot after 5 games. Last season we were 18th with 2 points..! After 5 games we have 8 more points for god sake - we are moving in the right direction. All you can look to compair against it yourself, forget everyone else and make sure you continually improve season after season and soon you will start winning things. We cant go out and spend £200 Million on players and wages and we shouldnt either...

Last night was a decent performance - we looked dangerous and had a few of those half chances gone our way it would have been totally different... That Moses header goes in and the game totally changes, Suarez scores with that free kick, the ball dosent seem to boggle under Sturridge a few times and we are laughing - if we play like that this weekend we will win easily.

I havent seen a team go to UTD and play that well in a long time, especially not a LFC side... So were out of the Carling Cup, big wow... To be honest there is only one aim for this season and thats top 4. That's how we grow, thats how we attract many a fickle players to our club and become a stronger side...

Seriously, its not all that bad - lost 2 in 11 games, 2 points off the top of the table... A win this weekend and it will all change!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #586: Sep 26, 2013 08:45:34 am
      Flipping hell... Doom and gloom on here today..!

Some people need to get a grip - its not as bad as you think. Take a look at the league table and you will see that we are 2 points off the top spot after 5 games. Last season we were 18th with 2 points..! After 5 games we have 8 more points for god sake - we are moving in the right direction. All you can look to compair against it yourself, forget everyone else and make sure you continually improve season after season and soon you will start winning things. We cant go out and spend £200 Million on players and wages and we shouldnt either...

Last night was a decent performance - we looked dangerous and had a few of those half chances gone our way it would have been totally different... That Moses header goes in and the game totally changes, Suarez scores with that free kick, the ball dosent seem to boggle under Sturridge a few times and we are laughing - if we play like that this weekend we will win easily.

I havent seen a team go to UTD and play that well in a long time, especially not a LFC side... So were out of the Carling Cup, big wow... To be honest there is only one aim for this season and thats top 4. That's how we grow, thats how we attract many a fickle players to our club and become a stronger side...

Seriously, its not all that bad - lost 2 in 11 games, 2 points off the top of the table... A win this weekend and it will all change!

Seriously if you think all is well good luck to you mate.

I don't, but I respect you do.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #587: Sep 26, 2013 08:55:35 am
      The more I want to be optimistic like you Passport boy the more LFC play sh*t.  You seriously need to change your rose tinted spectacles if you think we are finishing top four.  If you go through the posts there are some genuine concerns about the team and our manager and this is proven by the string of bad results and performances.  5th should be a realistic target.  For some it would be an improvement to last year.  But then again out competitors are building effectively and timely while we are going in a snails pace. POOP. A win against Sunderland followed by a loss is where we are heading at.  Same as last year a step forward and two steps back.  :mad:
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,028 posts | 529 
      Reply #588: Sep 26, 2013 08:57:31 am
      So what if Gerrard was out of position? That was just the first phase. Enrique was to blame for the goal, he was caught sleeping when he should have been defending

Blaming Gerrard for the goal is like blaming Mignolet for Sturridge playing sh*te

Sorry but you're wrong.
      That ball arrived at the near post at knee height. That should not be happening from a corner - somebody should be cutting it out, and Stevie was in place to do that.

Watch the video again - look at Stevie's starting position - he is standing practically where Hernandez ends up shinning it in.
      He ran right under the ball.

If you are relying on better man marking of the striker as the solution to stopping a goal like that, you are gonna concede a F**k of a lot of goals from set pieces. A ball arriving at the near post at that height has got goal written all over it. Its far easier to cut it out before it gets there, than let it get there and then hope your man marker gets to it before the striker.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #589: Sep 26, 2013 09:05:25 am
       I am sorry to vent my anger on LFCREDS but after that inept display against a second rate Manure side that should of been there for the taking I am pissed off.After our exit from the league cup we need to sort out problems pronto and make sure we stay in contention at the top of the league.It is a sad state of afffairs that this early in the season there is only 2 items of silverware that we can still win.We deserve better than this.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #590: Sep 26, 2013 09:09:38 am
      I am sorry to vent my anger on LFCREDS but after that inept display against a second rate Manure side that should of been there for the taking I am pissed off.After our exit from the league cup we need to sort out problems pronto and make sure we stay in contention at the top of the league.It is a sad state of afffairs that this early in the season there is only 2 items of silverware that we can still win.We deserve better than this.

As much as it hurts Billy we aren't in contention for either of those either.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #591: Sep 26, 2013 09:10:08 am
      If you're all good this morning then sound but don't berate anybody who is a little bit miffed that we have just gone out of one of the cups at the first time of asking. 

Okay, there were some good bits but not that many but there was f**k all fight and absolutely f**k all positive in game management.

They were there for the taking and we went out with a whimper.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #592: Sep 26, 2013 09:17:56 am
       Too negative for me at the moment on here. We're effectively joint second in the league and we just got done 1-0 at Old Trafford despite definately deserving at least to take it into extra time. Even Moyes said both games against them have been very close and very similar, we won one from a corner and they won the other. Our best player has just come back and sparkled with potential brilliance to come. But despite that the manager is sailing into turbulent waters and needs to get a grip, we are sh!te and have no passion, and we have absolutely no chance of doing any good this season.

Well not for me. People are entitled to their views obviously, but I can't be @rsed reading all that tripe all day long. I'll leave it alone till after we've played Sunderland and see what the moods like then I think.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #593: Sep 26, 2013 09:23:18 am
      Too negative for me at the moment on here. We're effectively joint second in the league and we just got done 1-0 at Old Trafford despite definately deserving at least to take it into extra time. Even Moyes said both games against them have been very close and very similar, we won one from a corner and they won the other. Our best player has just come back and sparkled with potential brilliance to come. But despite that the manager is sailing into turbulent waters and needs to get a grip, we are sh!te and have no passion, and we have absolutely no chance of doing any good this season.

Well not for me. People are entitled to their views obviously, but I can't be @rsed reading all that tripe all day long. I'll leave it alone till after we've played Sunderland and see what the moods like then I think.

One result won't change the feeling I have

Good luck to you mick, I hope your optimism is founded.

sh*te against Stoke, got away with it
      sh*te against Villa, got away with it
      Ok against the Mancs in the league
      Tripe against Swansea
      Tripe against Southampton
      Bang average against the Mancs in the cup

A star player back who wants away

A squad lacking depth and quality but a great bottom line in the FT.

If we scrape a win against Sunderland at the weekend it won't paper the cracks
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #594: Sep 26, 2013 09:24:13 am

Mick you say in your post that people are entitled to their views yet you appear to berate them for having a different view toyourself.If you are satisfied with that United result fair enough but it is not acceptable to me.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #595: Sep 26, 2013 09:37:07 am
      Basically its this.....

Versus this...

One result won't change the feeling I have

Good luck to you mick, I hope your optimism is founded.

Sh*te against Stoke, got away with it
      Sh*te against Villa, got away with it
      Ok against the Mancs in the league
      Tripe against Swansea
      Tripe against Southampton
      Bang average against the Mancs in the cup

A star player back who wants away

A squad lacking depth and quality but a great bottom line in the FT.

If we scrape a win against Sunderland at the weekend it won't paper the cracks

As a fan it really is how optimistic your are, or not.. I'm with Passport on this one.. At this stage in the league its impossible for me to think things are really THAT bad...
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #596: Sep 26, 2013 09:40:17 am
      Basically its this.....

Versus this...

As a fan it really is how optimistic your are, or not.. I'm with Passport on this one.. At this stage in the league its impossible for me to think things are really THAT bad...

I agree

I'm just going on what I see

I can't just sit there watching it and hope things will be ok because it's only 5 games into a season.

We are a million miles off City,Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd and Spurs in squad quality and depth.

I go on what I see, I've watched the game long enough to know when I see signs of optimism and I simply don't.

I hope you Mick and Passy are right
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #597: Sep 26, 2013 09:58:54 am
      I hope Chico, Mick and Passy are right too.  I am with PD on this.  Watched the game long enough to know that we're sh*t atm. Even a win against Sunderland won't paper the cracks.

Quick Reply