Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Well... does he?

Yes
      36 (66.7%)
      No
      18 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: Oct 07, 2013 10:22:28 am

Does Brendan Rodgers deserve a new contract extension?.

Read 11274 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Does Brendan Rodgers deserve a new contract extension?.
      Reply #92: Oct 13, 2013 04:46:38 am
      if he wanted to go to a club with those riches he'd be off in a shot anyway.

Mind reader now are we?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #93: Oct 13, 2013 08:28:11 am
      If he isn't bad mouthing past managers, speaking ill towards our fans and doesn't rub his face, give him a 10 year contract for all I care.

Hahaha that alone is reason for an extended contract, there must be a stipulation Woy's England contract that the face rubbing is a sackable offence 'cos he don't do it no more.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,987 posts | 5046 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #94: Oct 13, 2013 10:01:22 am
      That was me and it is scary, if Rodgers fails then we have to get our next appointment right, that's why we shouldn't just go throwing long contracts about as long contracts = big pay offs if the wheels fall off, judge Rodgers at the end of the season, if he secures top 4 then he certainly deserves one, if not see how he does the following season.

Rodgers is at one the biggest clubs in the world so can't see him leaving for just any job so were pretty safe letting him get down to his final year in my opinion, if he wanted to leave it would have to be a club like Chelsea, City where he'd have more money than we could ever offer and the truth is regardless of contract length, if he wanted to go to a club with those riches he'd be off in a shot anyway.

Agree,
      But not sure those big money clubs would gamble hiring a young unproven manager,
      IMO this club is Brendan's pinnacle, he is already at the 'biggest challenge' club managers like to have on their CV,

What or where is there another club like ours, we are unique , we have a history second to none, of course you have your Barcelona's, RM's, B Munich, Citeh, etc those clubs with zillions to spend, but we have never had that sort of wealth doubt we ever will,

That's not in our DNA, I see Rogers as a long term manager , but at the moment he is still cutting his teeth, as much as I love what he is doing and the way we are heading it will mean F**k all if he doesn't reach CL and that includes this season,

I doubt JWH & co will panic and treat him like he did with the King, but it would seriously dent FSG's belief in him, I think by the time may comes around we will all know if a extended contract is deserved,

We have only two competitions to go for 3 if you consider 4th a achievement, I don't, failure leaves us potless again, not a complete disaster but disappointing none the less,
      So I agree with 'Blood', let's just wait and see where we're at in May.

YNWA
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #95: Oct 13, 2013 10:28:03 am

Read what I said 'if he wanted to go to a club with those riches he'd be off in a shot anyway.'

The clue is in 'IF HE WANTED', doesn't take a mind reader to say 'if he wanted' to go, he'd go.
      « Last Edit: Oct 13, 2013 10:33:14 am by RedLFCBlood »
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #96: Oct 13, 2013 11:42:05 am
      Why has the forum gone squashed on the I phone?????
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #97: Oct 13, 2013 02:53:21 pm
      Why has the forum gone squashed on the I phone?????

Think it's on all smart phones mate, does it on my S3 too.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #98: Oct 13, 2013 03:52:41 pm
      It's sh*t:-(

Quick Reply