Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your man of the match.

Mignolet
      1 (0.8%)
      Skrtel
      2 (1.6%)
      Sakho
      14 (11.3%)
      Touré
      2 (1.6%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      31 (25%)
      Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      2 (1.6%)
      Suárez
      46 (37.1%)
      Moses
      1 (0.8%)
      Sturridge
      24 (19.4%)
      Agger (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Luis Alberto (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Iago Aspas (Sub)
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Liverpool 3:1 Crystal Palace: In game and post match glee.

Read 20587 times
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 3:1 Crystal Palace: In game and post match glee.
      Reply #207: Oct 05, 2013 08:20:32 pm
      Thank god for some sense, I thought Henderson was nothing special today, ran a lot without contributing anything to our play, his midfield partner Gerrard did contribute a lot! I think lots of us pin it down to his (Henderson) hard work and running, but football is more than that!
      It's called defending. You don't get a complete footballer, when did you see Messi tracking all the way back from the opponents D-box to protect his goal. Give the guy a break he was immense today.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #208: Oct 05, 2013 08:27:07 pm
      Didn't see or hear any of the game (Chester Zoo).

How was the midfield without the Lucas factor?

16 out of 21? Would have snapped your hand off and probably took the whole of your arm if offered that at the start of the season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #209: Oct 05, 2013 08:50:44 pm
      Just back from the game and firstly, that atmosphere was dreadful. Palace fans had a right go and they LOST. You couldn't hear a peep from the Red half except for a witty response to one of their chants.

Performance wise, like most of the season our first half was good and second half sh*t.

Sterling, i have no idea how he stayed on for 90 minutes. Makes you wonder what Ibe has or hasn't done in training to be behind him. He was shocking. The crowd got on his back very quick and at one point Sturridge would refuse to pass to him.

Hendo was my MOTM. Terrific performance. So much energy, always available to take a pass and passed it to men in space. Composed and great performance.

Suarez was very good, too. Kolo busy and strong, Sakho played great, good to see Agger back and our main men got goals to send us top! Can't ask for more really.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #210: Oct 05, 2013 09:17:45 pm
      Didn't see the match, but can see us sitting top of the table :) Excellent start continues.
      Pity we didn't run out with a few more in the 2nd half, but another 3-1 win will do nicely.
      Good to see Sturridge and Suarez on the mark again and nice to see a goal for Stevie too.
      No Lucas, and we managed to scrape by somehow.
      Believe Sahko had a good game, but just read one article, hope to catch some highlights later.
      So important to keep notching up the 3 points against these teams, we're keeping the ship steady.
      Keep it up boys!!!!!!
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #211: Oct 05, 2013 09:25:04 pm
      2012/13 Season 7 Games 6 points.
      2013/14 Season 7 Games 16 points.  ;D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #212: Oct 05, 2013 10:34:20 pm
      That pre-match tour with Suarez and his kids was cringeworthy.  Trotting them out like they're trophies or something.

If I were a Palace player I'd be right annoyed that I had to shake hands with Suarez's kid... I doubt each of them brought their kid onto the pitch pre-match when it was born.

Stevie never did that when his girls were born.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #213: Oct 05, 2013 10:50:40 pm
      That pre-match tour with Suarez and his kids was cringeworthy.  Trotting them out like they're trophies or something.

If I were a Palace player I'd be right annoyed that I had to shake hands with Suarez's kid... I doubt each of them brought their kid onto the pitch pre-match when it was born.

Didn't buy into the bullshit of his children dressed in the kit either, all PR crap which I tried to ignore to be honest.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #214: Oct 05, 2013 11:19:10 pm
      8 pages eh, be 18 had we not won I reckon

Agree with the above regarding Suarez with the kids
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #215: Oct 05, 2013 11:22:11 pm
      It was interesting seeing Henderson do the Lucas 'destroying' job, albeit a tad higher up the pitch, it did leave our back three awfully exposed at times.  Not something I'd like to see against better teams.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6388 
      Reply #216: Oct 05, 2013 11:53:25 pm
      Wow, good weekend. First Kenny back and then 3 points.

Couldn't be happier.

If I had to nitpick....Henderson midfield looked just like it does with Lucas in it...except not as defensive minded which seemed to leave us exposed a couple of times.

Sterling still frustrating. IMO he should be much harder to mark, and much more effective than he is, but you can tell the potential is there.

Thought Danny and Suarez were outstanding. Love Sakho and Toure in the back line and thought Moses played well although a few times his final touch let him down.
      Alberto looked good coming on, game wasn't too big for him in any way and he looks like if he some playing time he'd do a job for us.

Enrique....love his touch and skill but man he's slower than a garbage truck ;D
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #217: Oct 05, 2013 11:55:36 pm
      A win is a win no matter who's the opponent. Opposing teams aren't gonna give up points without a fight. Long may this momentum continue. Happiest to see we are getting into the opposing box at every given oportunity, unlike before dallying non-stop outside the opposition box. Enriques and Sterling needs to put in hours of training on crosses, if it had been better quality we could have scored a couple more.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #218: Oct 06, 2013 12:12:38 am
      I went for Sakho MOTM, Suarez was the most technically gifted on the pitch but Sakhos best performance for us so far without a doubt.

What a first half, we had wrapped it up within 30 minutes. Let our foot off the gas for the second. Can't wait for Coutinho to be back, we will start embarrassing teams once all 3 are on the pitch. Suarez and Sturridge link up play was sublime straight out of the blocks.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #219: Oct 06, 2013 12:16:32 am

???
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #220: Oct 06, 2013 12:21:22 am
      Wow, good weekend. First Kenny back and then 3 points.

Couldn't be happier.

If I had to nitpick....Henderson midfield looked just like it does with Lucas in it...except not as defensive minded which seemed to leave us exposed a couple of times.

Sterling still frustrating. IMO he should be much harder to mark, and much more effective than he is, but you can tell the potential is there.

Thought Danny and Suarez were outstanding. Love Sakho and Toure in the back line and thought Moses played well although a few times his final touch let him down.
      Alberto looked good coming on, game wasn't too big for him in any way and he looks like if he some playing time he'd do a job for us.

Interesting take on it FL.

One thing I would say is that your last comment, I'd commently swap it around.

Enrique, love his pace, but his skill and touch is like that of a garbage truck! :D

He turns like an oil liner, he has very limited crosses, much prefer when he keeps them on the deck but I don't doubt his pace or strength. Surprising how we see players differently.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6388 
      Reply #221: Oct 06, 2013 12:47:30 am
      Interesting take on it FL.

One thing I would say is that your last comment, I'd commently swap it around.

Enrique, love his pace, but his skill and touch is like that of a garbage truck! :D

He turns like an oil liner, he has very limited crosses, much prefer when he keeps them on the deck but I don't doubt his pace or strength. Surprising how we see players differently.

Several times he makes a nice little flick to put the ball past a defender but then he can't catch up to the ball. He uses his feet well in small spaces to pass and move and I actually think his crosses at times are amazingly accurate, conceding of course that sometimes he does spray the ball like a machine gun. Just the way I see it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #222: Oct 06, 2013 01:00:11 am
      Several times he makes a nice little flick to put the ball past a defender but then he can't catch up to the ball. He uses his feet well in small spaces to pass and move and I actually think his crosses at times are amazingly accurate, conceding of course that sometimes he does spray the ball like a machine gun. Just the way I see it.

Yeah fair enough FL, what makes life interesting is we're different.

I think you're judging his pace against other fullbacks who are also very quick. The same way Raheem isn't able to just knock and run each time he gets the ball, the same way those don't work for Enrique. Premier league defenders don't often get caught for a knock and run, it's the most obvious trick and the easiest to counter, just get your body in the way of the run and even slow defenders can stop quick attackers.

The place to judge his pace (when it means something to us) is in recovery or in his defensive duties and on that side I've rarely if ever seen anyone actually beat him. I think only Lennon, who is close to the quickest player in the league has actually outpaced him. He has the one ball, slight curve on it from just past the halfway line through to the central striker that he plays really well, unfortunately he plays it so often it's predictable. He has the one turn, all on the left foot, that once he starts he's going nowhere and is easy to shut down. As a wing-back I don't think he works, as a full-back I think he's fine, but like I said, differences is what makes things interesting so I respect your opinion.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #223: Oct 06, 2013 01:01:31 am
      Great first half performance and second half was just a matter off us in cruise control.
      I thought hendo was immense I would love him and lucas to be in that holding role and gerard to play in couthinos role until hes fit.
      I think gerard hasnt go the energy to play the holding role and it contributes to our poor second half displays as he is shattered at that stage.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6388 
      Reply #224: Oct 06, 2013 01:07:54 am
      Yeah fair enough FL, what makes life interesting is we're different.

I think you're judging his pace against other fullbacks who are also very quick. The same way Raheem isn't able to just knock and run each time he gets the ball, the same way those don't work for Enrique. Premier league defenders don't often get caught for a knock and run, it's the most obvious trick and the easiest to counter, just get your body in the way of the run and even slow defenders can stop quick attackers.

The place to judge his pace (when it means something to us) is in recovery or in his defensive duties and on that side I've rarely if ever seen anyone actually beat him. I think only Lennon, who is close to the quickest player in the league has actually outpaced him. He has the one ball, slight curve on it from just past the halfway line through to the central striker that he plays really well, unfortunately he plays it so often it's predictable. He has the one turn, all on the left foot, that once he starts he's going nowhere and is easy to shut down. As a wing-back I don't think he works, as a full-back I think he's fine, but like I said, differences is what makes things interesting so I respect your opinion.

I thing I did notice is he seemed to play worse as the game wore on....not sure why but was a bit alarming their at times towards the end. Overall I do rate  him though and the fact that he looks like Adam Sandler in The Waterboy doesn't hurt ;D
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #225: Oct 06, 2013 06:02:59 am

Federer can be annoying at times. Just do what Kopiteluke did and try to ignore it. I think there's been enough witch hunt on Luis. He plays for LFC and if his kids wore a jersey it would make sense if they wore the same as their father. Who knows Luis might have been asked by the club for some promotional help and he accepted. It may be a way of repairing the damage Luis caused with his transfer request. Either way it doesn't matter 'cos the lads trying on the pitch as well as off it.  Maybe something's in life have to be looked at more positively.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #226: Oct 06, 2013 07:43:20 am
       I am looking forward to a replay of the match in just over an hours time.Still reckon we will win 3-1 though.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #227: Oct 06, 2013 07:52:04 am
      Didn't buy into the bullshit of his children dressed in the kit either, all PR crap which I tried to ignore to be honest.

It gets out of hand having all these kids in the prekick off lineup.there should be 1 mascot and it should be a young local lad or girl who idolises Liverpool Football Club.Lets face it players kids probably meet up with opposition players after the match.I agree with you Luke it is all PR generated.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #228: Oct 06, 2013 08:59:53 am
      I am looking forward to a replay of the match in just over an hours time.Still reckon we will win 3-1 though.
      Should put a fiver on that one Billy. :p
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #229: Oct 06, 2013 09:48:26 am
      Should put a fiver on that one Billy. :p

Billy's in NZ wouldn't he get better odds if he got the bet on in Oz 'cos they're a few hours behind aren't they?

Quick Reply