Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your man of the match.

Mignolet
      1 (0.8%)
      Skrtel
      2 (1.6%)
      Sakho
      14 (11.3%)
      Touré
      2 (1.6%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      31 (25%)
      Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      2 (1.6%)
      Suárez
      46 (37.1%)
      Moses
      1 (0.8%)
      Sturridge
      24 (19.4%)
      Agger (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Luis Alberto (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Iago Aspas (Sub)
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Liverpool 3:1 Crystal Palace: In game and post match glee.

Read 20863 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Re: Live: Liverpool vs Crystal Palace
      Reply #161: Oct 05, 2013 04:54:18 pm
      Good win, top of the LEAGUE!
      HKIred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 34 
      Reply #162: Oct 05, 2013 04:55:35 pm
      Good game. Good result.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #163: Oct 05, 2013 04:55:36 pm
      Just in from work and great to see another win although I'd have liked to have seen a few goals in the second half from us.

His did we play overall and especially after half time?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #164: Oct 05, 2013 04:56:10 pm
      Listened to iton the sentata stream from ireland,on about 70 mins commentator said liverpool look a little vulnerable at the back and need to tighten up a bit if they're wanting to get into the top 4,Try looking at the league table knobhead !
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #165: Oct 05, 2013 04:56:14 pm
      Well done boys tick it off as a win and lets look forward to the next game.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #166: Oct 05, 2013 04:57:38 pm
      Happy with the win, not so happy with the way we seemed to switch off again after half time.

Enrique lost his man (again) for their goal.

Stirling needs to learn how to pass.

Everyone else had a reasonable game.

Suarez and Sturridge are making a great partnership at the moment.

Gerrard kept things moving in midfield, while Henderson worked tirelessly.

Top of the league.... happy enough with that :)   
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #167: Oct 05, 2013 04:57:51 pm
      Solid 3 points from the first half. Alberto looked pretty solid, would like him to get some more playtime. I like Sakho no nonsense defender. Suarez and Sturridge was great.

Aspas is a tit. Sterling not good enough for the position he was in, should have been subbed off.

Marking from set pieces is bad, no one had any clue where Gayle was and I feel like once again Enrique was to blame.

I don't understand why our second half performances are so sh*te. Granted we were 3-0 up but its not like it is a one time thing and it can really cost us in important games.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #168: Oct 05, 2013 04:57:53 pm
      Top of the league buddies!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #169: Oct 05, 2013 04:59:51 pm
      Shame about the clean sheet but 3 points is 3 points. This formation does get the best, it seems, out of Suarez and Sturridge, and replace Moses with Coutinho and it's pretty mouth watering. However I do think defensively we'll be found out by better teams than Palace. We left alot of space in the middle and occasionally the left and right centre backs had to deal with a two on one out on the wings. Our set piece marking leaves a lot to be desired as well.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #170: Oct 05, 2013 05:00:54 pm
      Agger comes on, we concede from set pieces. Ha!  :f_tongueincheek:

Top of the league. Not bad that.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #171: Oct 05, 2013 05:00:58 pm
      Just in from work and great to see another win although I'd have liked to have seen a few goals in the second half from us.

His did we play overall and especially after half time?

Played very well in the first half scoring 3 top goals. Palace were a shambles all over the pitch.

We slacked off big time in the second and Holloway changed their formation making them a bit more solid.

No real standout performer. SaS were good again. Sakho impressed. Gerrard played a few nice long balls. Hendo stood in for Lucas fairly well.

Sterling was awful.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #172: Oct 05, 2013 05:01:46 pm
      Terrible 2nd half, again, but we did the business in the 1st half. Need to improve our 2nd have performances massively. Can't complain too much, we are top of the table for a few hours at least.

Henderson our best player.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #173: Oct 05, 2013 05:02:06 pm
      As you say Walton tick it off another win back on top happy days lets move on . We are not at our best yet , but we are top and yet its surprising how many dont sound too happy , as the song goes , i dont care how you get here ,just get here if you can, we would have taken this start at the beginning of the season and thats a facccct .
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #174: Oct 05, 2013 05:02:27 pm
      Shame about the clean sheet but 3 points is 3 points. This formation does get the best, it seems, out of Suarez and Sturridge, and replace Moses with Coutinho and it's pretty mouth watering. However I do think defensively we'll be found out by better teams than Palace. We left alot of space in the middle and occasionally the left and right centre backs had to deal with a two on one out on the wings. Our set piece marking leaves a lot to be desired as well.

I feel like Lucas usually covers for the centre backs pretty well but he was missing so that should be solved when he is back. Hendo did a decent job at adding on that extra job but of course he is not going to be as good as the real thing.

Right on the money about set pieces.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #175: Oct 05, 2013 05:03:10 pm
      Happy with the win, not so happy with the way we seem to switch off again after half time.

Enrique lost his man (again) for their goal.

Stirling need to learn how to pass.

Everyone else had a reasonable game.

Suarez and Sturridge are making a great partnership at the moment.

Gerrard kept things moving in midfield, while Henderson worked tirelessly.

Top of the league.... happy enough with that :)   
      Well said.

Well done Reds. Top of the league. My lucky continued :) Every game that I have started we won :)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #176: Oct 05, 2013 05:03:25 pm
      Good result, lads really didn't put a shift in second half thinking the job was done and that's something that needs sorting. It was enough today but you should never get that complacent.

Mignolet - One awesome save, other than that really didn't have a lot to do from what I saw, couldn't really blame him on the goal as it's right in the corner and should have been dealt with by either Enrique or Gerrard.

Sterling - Bloody awful, won a soft penalty but besides that continuously gave the ball away, gave a daft free-kick away for their goal and has proven why Ibe should be starting ahead of him. When I said the Boss was right to include him, I meant Palace were weak enough opposition to see how he'd do there and frankly even though Ibe might not have enough defensive knowledge you'd take him all day over Sterling for what he'd bring going forward. When Kelly or Johnson is back I think Raheem could even lose his place on the bench, very poor all season and today his worst showing by far.

Toure - Mr consistent, did what he had to do, never flustered, never looked in trouble, love him.

Skrtel - Couple of weak moments early on but other than that was solid again.

Sakho - Some stuff excellent, still likes to press up at the expense of getting beaten occasionally and that decision making needs improving but you can see the potential to be an absolute monster.

Enrique - Started the game in exceptional form for 20 minutes, after that I thought he was pretty poor, at fault for their goal but going forward his crossing became aimless, should stick to his pinged passes much more effective.

Henderson - For half an hour he was vying for worst player for us with Gerrard and Sterling, thankfully picked it up slowly and his energy levels meant he finished the 2nd half well as others were tiring. This is not a position he should play often though, if again.

Gerrard - Glad to see him score a goal, other than that and a few nice passes thought his contribution was pretty weak again, first half hour didn't cover or close, seems too happy for others to do the work.

Moses - His best game for us, could have had a couple of goals but was good on the ball, nice interplay, did well.

Sturridge - Outstanding again, 14 in 14 stats like that don't lie, this form sees him favourite for leading scorer in the league and I wouldn't bet against him if he can stay fit.

Suarez - Not hard to see why we were desperate to keep hold of him, does things others dare not think about and was always a threat or on the edge of creating something. Both strikers had worse second halves but that's simply because the team over relaxed.

Alberto - Did nothing when coming on, must take chances when given them as you'd easily forget he came on.

Aspas - Again, did nothing at all in the few minutes he was given.

Brendan - Got it right, 3 points in the bag, top of the league after 7 games with only Arsenal able to pass us on points, top marks.

MotM Suarez for me.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #177: Oct 05, 2013 05:03:54 pm
      Nice onle lads, keep it up.

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #178: Oct 05, 2013 05:05:41 pm
      Terrible 2nd half, again, but we did the business in the 1st half. Need to improve our 2nd have performances massively. Can't complain too much, we are top of the table for a few hours at least.

Henderson our best player.
      Said it before, as long as we do the businees in the first half then the second doesn't matter BUT god knows what a good solid 90 mins would produce !
      but hey,where are we in the league ?
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #179: Oct 05, 2013 05:09:08 pm
      3 goals, 3 points, top ofbthe league. After 7 games, we cant ask for more really. Been at work I havent seen anything yet but by your comments, the usuals suspects delivered..some didnt.

Im chuffed tho, how long has it been since we have been in that position before the international break.
      Lets have sunderland sinking the mancs and the day will be complete :)
      Well done lads!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #180: Oct 05, 2013 05:09:19 pm
      Seeing so much overreaction regarding Henderson's performance on twitter. Many seeing him like the "solution" to our "problem" - that is, replace Lucas with him, he's more mobile, etc, etc.

Yeah he's more mobile than pretty much the whole team and he did play well tonight, anticipated or blocked many passes, but seriously, was that a great performance? Even my girlfriend watching the game (I guarantee she doesn't know much about football :D) was complaining about Hendo not passing the ball forward. If it wasn't for Gerrard, we would struggle to even leave our own half.

Positionally we were quite open, even in the 1st half before we scored, they were exploiting the spaces in our midfield and on the wings - thankfully their attack is freakin poor, absolutely harmless. So was their midfield as well.

Hendo had a good game and he deserves to be playing at the moment, but I've seen too many people making conclusions based on a performance that wasn't even that good, against a very, very poor side.

Anyway. Lucas will be back for the next game and rightly so, IMO.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #181: Oct 05, 2013 05:09:32 pm
      Said it before, as long as we do the businees in the first half then the second doesn't matter BUT god knows what a good solid 90 mins would produce !
      but hey,where are we in the league ?
      Exactly Steve.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #182: Oct 05, 2013 05:10:12 pm
      3pts, can't complain even if the second half was a bit flat and Enrique fell asleep again.

Henderson my MotM. (Should play alongside Gerrard more)
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #183: Oct 05, 2013 05:10:46 pm
      Suarez, near perfection.
      Sturridge, not a bad game but was less collective than in the last one, we (namely Luis) could have scored 1-3 more had he played like last week.
      Henderson, his best game I've seen this season, was everywhere. We need to invent the expression side to side central midfielder for him.
      Sterling, looked in good form, good defensive efforts and some excellent runs.
      Moses, didn't looked as good as usual, but after reflexion I think it's because he tried more to make passes instead of dribbling everyone which is a good thing.
      The defense, looked solid.
      Gerrard, good distribution and showed some more motivation than in recent games (or it's because CP offered him the chance to involve himself in attacks a little).
      Enrique, probably our most average player today, failed to beat his man most of the time, and was near to make a decisive pass to an eagle player at some point.
      Finally a special mention for Aspas who managed to get a yellow in a 7mn appearance saying something to the referee, while he barely touched a ball. :)

Quick Reply