Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Next 10 Games...

Read 24663 times
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Re: Nxt 10 Games.. how many pts will we get.
      Reply #23: Oct 28, 2013 02:14:36 pm
      If we can get the same number of points in the next 9 games as the first nine, will be happy with that...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #24: Oct 28, 2013 02:27:33 pm
      Think people are being a bit ridiculous by stating that we can win at Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc. No chance in hell of winning all of them. I'd take 18 points from the next 10.

Always a chance to win any game.

I think anything over 20 points from the 10 games leaves us in a fantastic position.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #25: Oct 28, 2013 02:35:06 pm
      Going to be really interesting to see what kind of formation and system we play against Chelsea, Arsenal and City with Coutinho back.

1 at a time for me and the next one will tell us a lot about where we are at

Well said Bri, that's all we can really do. Otherwise you may as well ask 'how many points can we get the next 29 games?'. The next one against Arsenal is a massive test and one we should be focusing on, not looking ahead and setting points targets. The target is three points, every week!
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #26: Oct 28, 2013 02:36:40 pm
      If we're going to be realistic we have had the easiest opening of any of the "big teams" this season, the only game we would've expected not to win thus far would be the United game and maybe Swansea away. ideally we should've been a couple of points ahead of the pack since we still have to play Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Spurs.

Think it's important we don't get too carried away, some people predicting two away wins against Arsenal and Chelsea are being a tad speculative IMO.

As it's been said our hardest game of the season is the next one so it's hard too look beyond that at the moment.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #27: Oct 28, 2013 02:54:51 pm
      I think the physicality and high pressing of Henderson, Gerrard and Lucas will cause problems to the Arsenal midfield. They haven't really played a high pressing team this year - apart from Borussia Dortmund - and they were able to shut up Ozil in that match.

That is to say I don't think Coutinho will start. I wouldn't want to see those three uninterrupted for the Arsenal game, because I think they can do a really good job together, and simply their physicality can outmuscle Arsenal.

I will say a 1-1 draw which would be a good result.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Oct 28, 2013 03:00:44 pm
      Last time we had won of these threads we hit sh*t form and dropped points to Saints, Swansea and Newcastle.

1 game at a time, that's all we can and should do because form, injuries etc will all play a big part going into the next game.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #29: Oct 28, 2013 03:38:30 pm
      I'd take anything above 16 points as a reasonably good result (enough to keep good hopes of top 4 considering how good was our start).

Now I think we can achieve 22-25 (that's league challenge form) if SaS continue to perform, and with Couti back, etc... but wouldn't blame Brendan/the team if we don't.
      I don't see us spending those 10 games unbeaten (I think at least one of Arse, Chelsea and City will beat us, or if not a small team will as usual create a surprise) considering our regular defensive issues, so I wouldn't believe in more untill it (hopefully) happens.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6384 
      Reply #30: Oct 28, 2013 03:44:58 pm
      I agree mate, no need to fear any team this season

BTW Chelsea beat Citeh

Should have said "should have drew with City".

Good catch!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #31: Oct 28, 2013 03:47:11 pm
      It's really all about taking it one game at a time. That is the best way we can maximise.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #32: Oct 28, 2013 05:26:19 pm
      I hope/expect to be in the midst of top 4 come the end of the season, which means roughly 70 points upwards, considering we have 20 points after 9 games, to make it through half the season and be 'on target' we must get another 15 points or more.

I would hope we can get results against Norwich, West Ham, Cardiff, Fulham and Hull which would be 15. Obviously easier said than done, but if that came to fruition then I think we will stand a very good place come mid-season, even if we lost against all Everton, Spurs, Citeh, Arsenal an Chelsea, but Id like to hope we could possible pick up 5/6 points from those games though.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33: Oct 28, 2013 05:31:16 pm
      I'll only go for the one game at a time thing, but is there team in that list we can't beat and, pervesely, that couldn't beat us?

PS Someone please fix the thread title, it's an eyesore.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Re: The Next 10 Games...
      Reply #34: Oct 28, 2013 07:16:14 pm
      I feel that it would be nice, to see the midfield players, chip in with the odd goal or so, in the next few games. It seems to be a lack of confidence or something. I cannot remember who scored last from open play apart from Suarez and Sturridge.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #35: Oct 28, 2013 09:44:15 pm
      Arse & Bitters are must wins Imo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36: Oct 28, 2013 09:59:40 pm
      The advantage that we have going into our next game against Arsenal and the only one I am currently thinking about is that we don't have a game during the week which gives us longer to prepare and rest enough for Saturday where as Arsenal have a Capital One game tomorrow night and seeing as it's against Chelsea, they wont be using that game to rest the likes of Ozil. Wenger is desperate for a trophy and there is more pressure on him to deliver one now with the amount of money he spent out on Ozil so he will be taking no chances and fielding his strongest line up. Let's hope it goes to Extra-Time and they pick up some injuries or at least a couple of sending offs.
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #37: Oct 29, 2013 12:23:19 am
      I've been trying not to get too carried away with the league table, but it's difficult not to be chuffed with our excellent start to the season.

However, as this topic implies, it's the run up to January that will show the men from the boys in the league.  If we're still in the top 2 when we line up against Hull on News Year's day, then I'll start to dream about a title challenge.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Oct 29, 2013 07:53:31 am
      The advantage that we have going into our next game against Arsenal and the only one I am currently thinking about is that we don't have a game during the week which gives us longer to prepare and rest enough for Saturday where as Arsenal have a Capital One game tomorrow night and seeing as it's against Chelsea, they wont be using that game to rest the likes of Ozil. Wenger is desperate for a trophy and there is more pressure on him to deliver one now with the amount of money he spent out on Ozil so he will be taking no chances and fielding his strongest line up. Let's hope it goes to Extra-Time and they pick up some injuries or at least a couple of sending offs.

Some good points there Kenny, the pressure indeed is very much on Wenger to deliver silverware this season, can't see Maureen fielding a team full of superstars for this one tho so the Arse may have an easier time ,

Like you I hope ET is needed and someone clatters into Wilshire or Ozil rendering them fu**ed for Saturday,
      Just to give us a wee bonus to add to our confidence,

I believe Wenger will be more worried about us on Saturday than we are of them, how do we stop SaS will give them nightmares, I think we will keep the same side V baggies, and try to compete with their midfield , matching theirs or even surpassing them will do us very nicely, they are vulnerable at the back , and our backs will be more than capable of handling their attack,

It will be tough as tough can be but I'm going for a 1-2 victory and back to the top of the league

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #39: Oct 29, 2013 08:05:06 am
      As for the next ten games , see above,
      The only game that matters is the next one,

Can't look anymore forward than that, who knows what could happen against Arse , hopefully another 3pts, and everyone injury free.

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40: Oct 29, 2013 08:13:40 am
      The next 10 games,just get 30 points and everyone will be happy,in fact if that happens we will all be delirious.GO THE MIGHTY REDS and make our Christmas and New Year one to remember.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #41: Oct 29, 2013 08:57:58 am
      Fingers crossed then for an extra time penalty shoot out in tonights game with all key players staying on the pitch for the duration, and hopefully a few strains and knocks. It might even have an effect on Chelski and cause them problems for their next game to. We will beat Arsenal I reckon as they will have to travel to Dortmund where a win is a must so it would be hard for them not to think about that game if any are lagging or feeling any niggles. They wont play through niggles or strains as they all want to start against Dortmund in front of them amazing fans.

I think 25pts would be a realist target from the next 10 games.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #42: Oct 29, 2013 10:40:06 am
      The match against WBA  could get our hopes up too high. Just hope our players stay fit and uninjured. The thing to look forward to is Coutinho coming back and slotting in behind Stu and Suarez. We may be joint second but others are still close and we have some tough matches coming up so I hope We get above 20 points to get us through to second half of the season with some quality reinforcement. Just hope Brendan and the comity can find quality players to add. The competition is very strong so We'll see what We are made of
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #43: Oct 29, 2013 01:41:17 pm
      The match against WBA  could get our hopes up too high. Just hope our players stay fit and uninjured. The thing to look forward to is Coutinho coming back and slotting in behind Stu and Suarez. We may be joint second but others are still close and we have some tough matches coming up so I hope We get above 20 points to get us through to second half of the season with some quality reinforcement. Just hope Brendan and the comity can find quality players to add. The competition is very strong so We'll see what We are made of
      Yes mate agreed, so far apart from the Man u game we've not played the teams around us, so Arsenal will be a big test for both clubs, the december run in for the new year makes me feel sick but if we can come through all that and come 1st Jan be in a top 4 spot I will truely believe we will push for the title if the right re-enforcements come in and we dont loose key players. Lets hope the other clubs loose some players to injuries (nothing serious) just a hammy strain or something like that
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #44: Oct 29, 2013 03:12:12 pm

First of all, I love the optimism on here, but we have to be a bit more realistic. When you set mental targets you will not meet them and that will result in a bad run of form as players, fans and the manager will beat them selfs up.

Arsenal V Liverpool  - We can win this, but would take a draw. They are top of the pile and playing good football. An away win is never a formality at Arsenal. 1 Point
      Liverpool V Fulham - Fulham look to be improving, but at home we should have too much for them. 3 points
      Everton V Liverpool - Derby day, fave of the season. They are playing well and its never easy. 1 Point                 
      Hull V Liverpool - Must win game, cant drop points here and we shoulnt. 3 Points
      Liverpool V Norwich - Another win needed. Suarez hatrick. 3 Points
      Liverpool V West Ham - Hate playing big Sam's teams but we should be able to power through. 3 Points
      Tottenham V Liverpool - Spurs have been a bogey team over the last 4 years. Cant see us getting a lot here. 0 Points
      Liverpool V Cardiff - Should roll these over and no reason to think we wont. 3 Points
      Man City V Liverpool - Away at City is no walk in the park. They look a bit rough, but its 9 games away... 0 Points
      Chelsea V Liverpool - As above, I cant see us rolling the Chavs. Bad end to a tough month... 0 Points

Now, a bit negative to be honest... But after the Chelsea game it will be the half way point in the season. We would be on 37 Points - play the same way and we finish on 74 points.

In the 08 - 09 season that would have been enough, and every season past then for the Top 4. We then have to face Arsenal, Spurs, City and Chelsea at home in the second half of the season. This gives us a great advantage as we will take points off our rivals.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #45: Oct 29, 2013 06:08:14 pm
      Once those 10 games are gone, its only 19 left, plus FA Cup games.

Its worth comparing that to a team in the Europa or Champs Lge and League Cup.

Ofcourse the next 10 games can certainly make or break a top 4 chance.

But also, to me, the key will be how the midfield plays in the 3 games in 8 days type situations. And ofcourse Luis/ Sturr remaining fit.

Quick Reply