Trending Topics

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 110498 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1081: Apr 07, 2014 04:23:37 pm
      I've explained the situation enough times. If you haven't got it by now, then that's unfortunate.

We all understand the situation mate.... believing you are serious is the problem.

If the mancs had beaten Citeh our chances of winning the league would have been improved .... So you would rather reduce our chances as long as the mancs lose.... that is not a Liverpool supporter that is just a manc hater. 
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1082: Apr 07, 2014 04:26:36 pm
      I can see Chelsea and City dropping points starting this weekend so I don't think we will have to win all 5 games.But imagine winning the league with a run of 15 wins on the bounce F**k me that would be some effort by the boys
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1083: Apr 07, 2014 04:26:53 pm
      Personally I would rather look back on this season as the year we won the league again, rather than the year in which Citeh beat the mancs and then Citeh won the league.

When Everton play Citeh I will be hoping for an Everton win.... even if it means Everton get CL football if it also means we win the league.

Any result by any team that increases our chances of winning the league has to be welcomed imo.

To be honest mate I'm not concerned about Everton getting in the CL, if they achieve the status fairly and squarely fair play to them.
      If it means they beat Citeh and that assists us it's got to be a good result.
      Can't be doing with the likes of some caustic bitters who want LFC to fail at any price even to their own team's disadvantage sometimes; that is real head up your arse stuff.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1084: Apr 07, 2014 04:26:54 pm
      I've explained the position enough times. If you haven't got it by now, then that's unfortunate.

Oh I get it. I get you only support Liverpool twice a year (when we entertain Man United at Anfield and when we travel to Old Trafford). The other 36 games of the season, you're supporting whichever club is playing United.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #1085: Apr 07, 2014 04:44:53 pm
      Just been looking at my posts way back last July, and I said that we would finish 1st.  The amount of dogs abuse i got was unbelievable.

But hey what did I know.

Feel stupid now ;D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #1086: Apr 07, 2014 04:47:19 pm
      Quote from s@int
      So you would rather reduce our chances as long as the mancs lose.... that is not a Liverpool supporter that is just a manc hater.

On this forum, there is a thread of currently no fewer than 9,275 posts from me and other manc haters. You still expected me to put 29 years of hatred and rage aside and support the Heysel and Hillsborough singers when they played City. Sorry but I couldn't do it.

I said City had many other chances to drop points. Sure enough within a few days, they dropped the points we needed for the title race to be back in our hands. I stand by my position.

If we don't make it, we can look back at some of the 14 points lost to Newcastle, Southampton, Hull, Everton, West Brom, and Villa, and point the finger. I hope we don't have to. 

Quote from dunlop liddell shankly
      Oh I get it.

No you haven't.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1087: Apr 07, 2014 04:51:01 pm
      Read this somewhere  hehe

Me: Where is the food mom?

Mother: Liverpool

Me: oh! you mean on the top of the table.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #1088: Apr 07, 2014 04:54:22 pm
      Thought I'd clicked back a couple of pages when I saw people talking about the Utd - City game.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #1089: Apr 07, 2014 04:58:12 pm
      I think it is a simple as this; We cannot expect to win 14 league games in a row, it has never happened (in the same season) (Arsenal won 13 in one season and 1 in the next for 14)

We have to beat City, they also have to drop points elsewhere and the only place I can see is Everton.

We will drop a couple of points somewhere, so unless Everton beat or draw with City then I think we could fall short.

But every game is the proverbial cup final....I love being in the mix for this instead of the F***ing god awful fight for 4th

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1090: Apr 07, 2014 05:12:43 pm
      If we beat City then I will begin to believe that we can win the title.

The game I really worry about is against the Chavs and Maureen's tactics. I will also worry about the Palace game if they aren't safe by then, but I think they will be.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #1091: Apr 07, 2014 05:16:53 pm
      14 games in a row is a tough call,but it can be done,as BR says just take each game at a time,prepare the players properly,the 9 we have won are gone,we have to win 5 games in a row to be champions,city have to win 7 in a row, or 6 and a draw,still we have the points,i really believe we will do it,win the next 5 and we are champions,regardless of what city do.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #1092: Apr 07, 2014 05:21:54 pm
      Whether Palace are safe or not, their players will still kick, hack, and hoof. It will be ugly to watch, but we still have to go there and find a way to overcome it.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #1093: Apr 07, 2014 05:28:36 pm
      14 games in a row is a tough call,but it can be done,as BR says just take each game at a time,prepare the players properly,the 9 we have won are gone,we have to win 5 games in a row to be champions,city have to win 7 in a row, or 6 and a draw,still we have the points,i really believe we will do it,win the next 5 and we are champions,regardless of what city do.

Of course it can be done! Look at what we have done recently compared to what we still have to do, I believe.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1094: Apr 07, 2014 06:12:52 pm
      BELIEVE
       I see it like this>>
       forget the past 9 games( 27 points)
      Start from NOW  5 in a row can be done , the 1st of those is the toughest I think, if we win that will be 7 points clear of city, still 1 point short if they win their 2 games in hand,
       Easy to say it(or write it) I know, the good thing is that ,as it is now we are not depending on other teams results, but its in our hands

YNWA
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1095: Apr 07, 2014 06:44:34 pm
      If we beat City then I will begin to believe that we can win the title.

The game I really worry about is against the Chavs and Maureen's tactics. I will also worry about the Palace game if they aren't safe by then, but I think they will be.
      I think Maureen is scared shitless of us HTH , see the way he reacted when they beat us at the bridge . He knows that we're the Ones .

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1096: Apr 07, 2014 07:36:11 pm
      I think Maureen is scared shitless of us HTH , see the way he reacted when they beat us at the bridge . He knows that we're the Ones .

Yes and he knows better than most what makes Rodgers tick.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1097: Apr 07, 2014 09:37:35 pm
      The worst thing for Mourinho is BR has worked with him before and knows how he thinks and re-acts.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #1098: Apr 07, 2014 11:41:35 pm
      I've explained the position enough times. If you haven't got it by now, then that's unfortunate.

If the Man City V Utd game was the last game of the season and we were say 2 points behind.  What would be your stance?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1099: Apr 07, 2014 11:53:30 pm
      I think it is a simple as this; We cannot expect to win 14 league games in a row, it has never happened (in the same season)

It has happened, 3 times in the old division 2.  Man United, Bristol City and Preston North End. 
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #1100: Apr 08, 2014 12:31:18 am
      I think it is a simple as this; We cannot expect to win 14 league games in a row, it has never happened (in the same season) (Arsenal won 13 in one season and 1 in the next for 14)

We have to beat City, they also have to drop points elsewhere and the only place I can see is Everton.

We will drop a couple of points somewhere, so unless Everton beat or draw with City then I think we could fall short.

But every game is the proverbial cup final....I love being in the mix for this instead of the f**king god awful fight for 4th

Agree mate, but why cant that happen..........again?
      Jeez I'm trying not to get anywhere near optimistic, but its so hard not to start to believe.
      If/When we beat city,  there will be 4 hard games to go,  until we cant do it mathmaticaly, don't write us off.
      Im sure we'll be discussing the same next season. COYR    YNWA
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1101: Apr 08, 2014 02:13:29 am
      F**k, remember this 12 months back?! We all laughed, but even Everton fans wish ('wishing for a decent replacement') has come true....

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1102: Apr 08, 2014 08:00:22 am

To be honest mate I'm not concerned about Everton getting in the CL, if they achieve the status fairly and squarely fair play to them.
      If it means they beat Citeh and that assists us it's got to be a good result.
      Can't be doing with the likes of some caustic bitters who want LFC to fail at any price even to their own team's disadvantage sometimes; that is real head up your arse stuff.

A story in the Daily Star illustrates the above perfectly:
      Everton defender Sylvain Distin does not share the view of some Toffees fans in not wanting the club to qualify for the Champions League as long as rivals Liverpool do not win the league.

Work that out in the context of unbending support for your club.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1103: Apr 08, 2014 05:03:18 pm
      We have to beat City, they also have to drop points elsewhere

Not if we win the other 4 games.

Quick Reply