Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Would you rather: A Liverpool team w/Luis Suarez, or 60m+ of new players?

Read 10445 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Re: Would you rather: A Liverpool team w/Luis Suarez, or 60m+ of new players?
      Reply #23: Dec 04, 2013 06:56:17 pm
      I'm posturing a question that has to do with the immediate future of the club, not speculation and moaning about the owners.

No speculation or moaning about FSG, the situation the club faces is a direct result of their faulted policies.
      They refuse to give the manager the means to attain the status that will ensure we hold on to players of Suarez' stature.
      If Luis does go the question is who would sign for an average mid-table outfit? Answer - a mid-table average player.
      That statement makes the hypothetical £60m figure irrelevant.
      The only component that could effect a change as things stand is at the very top.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #24: Dec 04, 2013 06:59:54 pm
       My answer to the thread title is --------BOTH.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #25: Dec 04, 2013 07:32:17 pm
      FFS, what's wrong with having f***in both, I'm sick of seein our beloved club have to sell its best assets to fund 2-3 quality additions,
      For me FSG need to stop F***ing about and give Brendan the money to buy the players that will help retain the services of probably the third best player on the planet,

If that were to happen then maybe just maybe Luis will see that the owners ARE pulling out all the stops to make sure CL football arrives at LFC and won't need to go anywhere,
      and even if he does we would still have those quality players we are so desperately short of ,

It's clear FSG. Want CL and all that goes with it, but it comes at a price and sadly they are reluctant to spend the necessary cash to help get it, they are trying to get there by spending as little as they can but reap the rewards IF we were to qualify,

people say they have spent money but it's NOT enough, squabbling over a few extra million over their estimation of a particular player is f***in ridiculous,

See this summers window for example,
      I believe the bid for Mkhiteran(still can't spell his name) was around £30-£32m but he went for £35m, for the sake of £3m we could have offered what was needed, and possibly got our man,

Why is Suarez only valued at £60m f***in monkey boy is valued at what was it £85m, and Luis is twice the player that kunt is , IF Luis wants to go or if FSG wants to cash in I wouldn't want anything less than. £90m,

That diving cheating kunt Ronaldo and Messi are probably the best two in global football, I would put our Luis just behind them and a tad in front of Falcao, think that's his f***in name anyhoo those first two are priceless and if we were to qualify for the CL as regular as those players clubs do then Luis would be priceless to,

So F**k the £60m and F**k selling our top players to fund lesser mortals,

FSG  need to pull their f***in heads out of their baseball caps and invest properly , ie this window give Brendan the necessary funds and if a player or two become available fit the ideal and can hit the ground running, and if they both cost over £30m so be it,

Failing to reach CL again will set us back further than we already are now, so it has to happen regardless of the cost, once in the money invested can be paid back to FSG thru TV, sponsorship and all that goes with it,

Get your f***in wallet out John if You really believe we can get CL football back at Anfield.

Rant over

YNWA
      Just about the way i see it Billy, just dont get why people are so ready to sell off the crown jewel.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26: Dec 04, 2013 07:53:55 pm
      A team with Luis with in it for 2 reasons

I think he is the 3rd Best Player in the world behind the other 2...no names mentioned. You don't get a player like that in your team very often, so hold onto him at all costs.

Reason Number 2:  at the moment, I'm not trusting Brendan and his scouts with that kind of money!
      insua22
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #27: Dec 04, 2013 08:26:54 pm
      Well, that's that answered.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #28: Dec 04, 2013 08:27:10 pm
      build a team around him but build it in his image
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #29: Dec 04, 2013 08:35:16 pm
      This topic is even more funny now...lololol... Hat trick 25 mins.... Self explanatory really no?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30: Dec 04, 2013 09:18:09 pm
      Can we not Just sell Ian Ayre for £60m ?
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #31: Dec 04, 2013 09:24:44 pm
      Sell Suarez and buy Carroll downing and aquilani back
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #32: Dec 04, 2013 09:38:27 pm
      No debate at all.

Just watch him tonight.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #33: Dec 04, 2013 09:44:02 pm
      Keep him. No doubt about that
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #34: Dec 04, 2013 09:55:57 pm
      Edit: keep him or sell him for 100m :laugh:
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #35: Dec 04, 2013 10:00:13 pm
      Would not sell the lad for a 100m honestly.

No way.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: Dec 04, 2013 10:04:23 pm
      I'll take a swap, Messi, Pique, Xavi, Mascherano and Inniesta :D
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #37: Dec 04, 2013 10:08:52 pm
      With the tranfer market going overboard nowadays (high spending clubs tend to inflate the price), 60million is nothing! Luis demonstrated today that he's more than just 60million. 85million couldn't do what he had done.

Keep him at any price but with FSG spending policy i don't see how long we could afford to keep him here.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #38: Dec 04, 2013 10:12:47 pm
      Suarez may go no matter what. If we make the CL next season then the only way to keep a happy Suarez is to have improved considerably and convince him we will be real contenders. It may be his goal to play for Madrid or Barca.. who knows. If that's the case wish him well, tell him to keep it private until the deals done and hopefully reinvest. I am glad we had him for the productive years. He may play out of his skin this year to secure a move and that my help us in the long run
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Dec 04, 2013 10:14:02 pm

No way.

This all day long.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Dec 04, 2013 10:15:13 pm
      5-1.

/thread.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #41: Dec 04, 2013 10:19:34 pm

No way.

Neither would I.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #42: Dec 04, 2013 10:20:11 pm
      What a comment by a certain mr EVANS tell you what Luis is worth nothing , he is not for sale nice one Roy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #43: Dec 04, 2013 10:23:17 pm

No way.

Is right!

People think that selling your star player for mega money you will be able to be stronger with that investment. Not always the case, just look at Spurs.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #44: Dec 04, 2013 10:54:00 pm
      Well, F**k.
      Hang on.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #45: Dec 04, 2013 11:33:02 pm
      Think this depends on our position come may 11th. Top 4 I think he'll stay, 5th or lower and he'll leave, simple as that I think. If he carries on playing the way he has soo far then surely he is worth as much as or even more than what Bale was. £90 million, but would still rather keep him.

Quick Reply