Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Would you rather: A Liverpool team w/Luis Suarez, or 60m+ of new players?

Read 10474 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Re: Would you rather: A Liverpool team w/Luis Suarez, or 60m+ of new players?
      Reply #46: Dec 04, 2013 11:39:20 pm
      Can we not Just sell Ian Ayre for 60p ?
      sorted
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #47: Dec 05, 2013 12:27:02 am
      Would not sell the lad for a 100m honestly.

No way.

Same.
      Not just saying that to show support for the lad, I'm just not sure who you could buy that would match his impact on the pitch.
      Look at Spurs, on the face of it they seemed to have spent the Monkey Boy cash wisely but I reckon most fans would reverse the deal now if they could and for me, Suarez is better.

Unfortunately there is a certain inevitability about him leaving before long.
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #48: Dec 05, 2013 12:29:25 am
      Luis must have seen this thread before the match. Lets make 10 other threads for the other players and see what happens ;D
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #49: Dec 05, 2013 01:12:18 am
      Like its our decision!!!
      Its totally Luis Suarez's decision & we all know it.
      All we can hope for is that he stay's fit & ban free for a full season.
      If he does £60 million will be the starting bid.
      My guess is he will go to Madrid for circa £65 mill next June & frankly
      who could slag him for that??!!
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #50: Dec 05, 2013 01:18:57 am
      You simply don't sell players of his class.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #51: Dec 05, 2013 01:30:10 am
      This is a scenario that undoubtedly most of us have gone over and over again in our heads. Unfortunately, unlike most top teams who can afford to keep their best players while adding quality to the squad, our situation with Suarez (and his stated intent to leave, plus his consistency in the past 1.5-2 seasons) mean he's very likely going to move on at the end of the season for big money. Most of us have probably already come to terms with that, and have already begun the justifying chorus of 'screw him, he disrespected our club/was more trouble than he was worth'. Fine. BUT:

My question to all of you is, were Luis happy to stay but FSG was only prepared to spend marginally in the event he did, would you keep the league's most lethal striker at Anfield, or would you start the bidding to turn him into 60-70million and re-invest in the squad? Spurs' sea change of squad chemistry from last year to this is what has me confounded on this one.

My first new topic here - be kind!

Not sure if you picked the right time or not to ask this question. My answer has stayed the same, to fight tooth and nail to keep him..... I think a few might have changed their minds after his latest 4 goal performance.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #52: Dec 05, 2013 01:36:50 am
      I accept that sooner or later we'll sell him, probably to Madrid, i just wouldn't accept £60 million. Has to be £90 at least, seeing as Bale cost them £80 million.

I would do everything to keep him, i just don't think we can if we fail to achieve Champions League football.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #53: Dec 05, 2013 01:46:35 am
      This is a scenario that undoubtedly most of us have gone over and over again in our heads. Unfortunately, unlike most top teams who can afford to keep their best players while adding quality to the squad, our situation with Suarez (and his stated intent to leave, plus his consistency in the past 1.5-2 seasons) mean he's very likely going to move on at the end of the season for big money. Most of us have probably already come to terms with that, and have already begun the justifying chorus of 'screw him, he disrespected our club/was more trouble than he was worth'. Fine. BUT:

My question to all of you is, were Luis happy to stay but FSG was only prepared to spend marginally in the event he did, would you keep the league's most lethal striker at Anfield, or would you start the bidding to turn him into 60-70million and re-invest in the squad? Spurs' sea change of squad chemistry from last year to this is what has me confounded on this one.

My first new topic here - be kind!

I'd take Suarez and Coutinho with Mignolet between the pipes and fill the rest with the U21s and we wouldn't be off any worse. So there!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: Dec 05, 2013 01:54:12 am
      Madrid had to sell Ozil to fund Bale. Who the F**k would they have to sell for Luis? Madrid are out of the market now.

We're very lucky to have him and that Barca, PSG, City, Bayern, Madrid etc. have spent big sums on their attack recently.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #55: Dec 05, 2013 02:06:36 am
      Iggy Pop - Louie Louie

Answered.
      With apologies to the Kingsmen version.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #56: Dec 05, 2013 05:56:24 am
      Madrid had to sell Ozil to fund Bale. Who the f**k would they have to sell for Luis? Madrid are out of the market now.

We're very lucky to have him and that Barca, PSG, City, Bayern, Madrid etc. have spent big sums on their attack recently.

Very good f**king point.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #57: Dec 05, 2013 06:20:00 am
      Would not sell the lad for a 100m honestly.

No way.

:gt-happyup:
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #58: Dec 05, 2013 06:38:58 am
      Don't want to see him go at all, but if we have no choice. Not a penny less than 120mil.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,964 posts | 5020 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #59: Dec 05, 2013 07:11:39 am
      First thing I'd do if I was Brendan is go to Boston, have a wee tea party with JWH & co show them the DVD from last night and ask them ... If this man had a baseball bat and scored played like he does with a football would you sell him or surround him with top quality batters so that your club would become the top team in planet sport, winning the World Series year upon year, ?

We simply have to keep hold of Luis and invest in quality players he deserves to play with , losing Luis will basically set us back years IMO ,
      Where else are we to find a player like him, we as a club are supposedly moving forward and building so that challenging for the EPL and qualifying for the CL becomes the norm, each and every season, selling your best or not supporting him with adequate teammates only sets us on a backward plane,

So FSG which is it to be,? invest and fully support the team or sit back and settle for mid table mediocrity, then dream of what could have been, if it's the latter then you can F**k off and stop wasting our time

YNWA

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #60: Dec 05, 2013 07:27:48 am
      First thing I'd do if I was Brendan is go to Boston, have a wee tea party with JWH

Billy ,remember what happened to Kenny Dalglish when he went to Boston for a tea party with JWH.In all seriousness Fenway should be well aware that we need to keep Luis Suarez on a long term contract as well signing top class players to give us that extra push.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #61: Dec 05, 2013 08:23:52 am
      Madrid had to sell Ozil to fund Bale. Who the f**k would they have to sell for Luis? Madrid are out of the market now.

The only way Madrid can afford him would be to sell Di Maria, Benzema and Contraeo for a 50mil combined and that's not even half of what our man is worth right now..
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #62: Dec 05, 2013 08:49:54 am
      He was banned for the first 6 games and is second behind Augero in the race for the golden boot - he has scored 9 in 8 games.

£60 Million is a total none starter - if Bale (who is a great player) went for £100 Million suarez is worth the same, no doubt. Yes, we could rebuild a team and indeed be stronger overall. But 3 of those 4 goals last night could only have come from a handfull of players in the world - scoring 3 on one night reduces that to about 3 or 4 players in the world.

Simply an outstanding player, but as many flawed. I personally hop he carries on like he has started, no diving, cheating or biting! If we get Champs League we can keep him. This is what we must acheive..!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,303 posts | 4949 
      Reply #63: Dec 05, 2013 08:55:59 am
      But 3 of those 4 goals last night could only have come from a handfull of players in the world - scoring 3 on one night reduces that to about 3 or 4 players in the world.

This is the key part when discussing cashing in on Luis.

You simply cannot replace him and I just hope we do finish the season in such a position that his future doesn't come into question. I think CL qualification gives him what he wants at a club he does love playing for.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #64: Dec 05, 2013 09:22:35 am
      £60M?!

Don't take the piss.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,628 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #65: Dec 05, 2013 10:12:04 am
      Beep Beep Beep.

This vehicle is reversing.

He's a F***ing animal.
      We will be a weaker team when he leaves.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #66: Dec 05, 2013 10:25:39 am
      There are perhaps 3 possible upgrades over Luis in the world, and none is likely to be available for 60m or to want to join Liverpool.

With 60m, considering our recent records, we are only likely to sign one Coutinho level player + the new Joe Allen, the new Henderson and the new Borini, decent to disappointing squad players.

Useless to say if we can convince Luis to stay we must.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #67: Dec 05, 2013 10:28:20 am
      "His fourth goal was average and it was a 30-yard free-kick, so I think that sums his performance up." - Gerrard on Suarez.

2nd best thing FSG have done for this club was rejecting the bid for him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #68: Dec 05, 2013 10:29:18 am
      Double it, get Ian Ayre wrapped up in Gaffa tape and locked in a cupboard while it was to get spent and I'd talk.

Anything less then go and swivel.

Quick Reply