Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match trauma

Read 39786 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Re: Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match trauma
      Reply #690: Dec 30, 2013 01:53:50 am
      and give Johnson a rest

Looks like he had a decent rest already. Dring the last two games !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #691: Dec 30, 2013 01:58:21 am
      why does this read like it should be part of a energy drink commercial?

Probably because most of our lot looked like that needed an energy drink Eh!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #692: Dec 30, 2013 02:57:11 am
      This game was in the balance for us, it was a bigger occasion than the Man City game in terms of history and atmosphere.

We simply missed grit, tenacity and control all these thing Stevie would have brought to the game. Had Stevie played, the result would have been different.

The lads at the moment look very good when they have the ball but they are struggling with the wingbacks passing and moving and the midfield is coming too deep to collect, collapsing on the defenders. If we get passing LB, RBs we're going to seriously improve the control of the game.

Lucas lacks serious energy, he puts in a strong tackle but simple does not cover the pitch in a bullish way enough.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #693: Dec 30, 2013 05:55:07 am
      We played the 2 most richest clubs in the Premier League, got beat 2-1 both times after taking the lead and got robbed by both Refs. Coincidence?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #694: Dec 30, 2013 07:19:47 am
      We played the 2 most richest clubs in the Premier League, got beat 2-1 both times after taking the lead and got robbed by both Refs. Coincidence?
      Well said Ian,I often wonder if the time has come where a Refs decisions can be changed by the F.A. after the match has ended where there is definite television of wrongdoing by the ref and the linesmen.
      jonny888
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #695: Dec 30, 2013 08:53:33 am
      I can't see changing the result after a game ever happening. There would have to be an appeal procedure, and those would drag on so many days (or weeks) that no one would know who was where in the table.

Referees have favourites and villains, irrespective of what happens in a game, and Webb is just an extreme example. Had Suarez been doing what Eto'o did through that game, he would have accumulated about 3 yellows and 2 reds from Webb, just because he is Suarez.

Webb should be relegated to Conference games until he proves that he is not biased by a player's past reputation.

No we did not play well, and we don't have the squad, but we were not humiliated on the pitch, which is why Mourinho tries to do it afterwards.

Chelsea players have constant Champions League experience, and our players do not. It is going to be a slow learning curve for players and manager, and spending curve for that matter; if we are going to get anywhere near their level on a much lower budget. We just need to keep the faith and aim for 3rd or 4th place in May, then build from there.

jh
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      • a Red from the little red dot
      Reply #696: Dec 30, 2013 09:06:29 am
      is there a worse team out there than Chelski ?

• get a lead
        then get the players to go down at every attempt, and stay down as long as possible
        commit niggling cunning little foul
        take at least a good 30-40 secs for every damn free throw / free kick / goal kick
        and the f-ing ref adds 4 minutes at the end, when it could have been easily 8-10
        celebrate like farkheads at final whistle

if this is "winning", i rather watch paint dry
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #697: Dec 30, 2013 09:09:06 am
      I instantly want to come on here and blame Webb.

Yes, he had a stinker, and cost us a pen at the death I'm no doubting that....  It shows the state of The FA Dictatorship when a manager who is scared of a ban has to compliment a ref for a performance like that.

He looked defeated and scared.  A man who spoke him mind and got screwed over.

But honestly, we where absolute dog sh*t throughout the match, shades of Arsenal away to it.

Chelsea, to their credit, bullied us and where pressing every man.

Their back 4 was as disciplined as any I've seen this season, Jose had Saurez's game closed off...  I really hate to say that.

Our squad is so thin right now, I said it before the game that the bench BR had was a message to FSG and I still think that.

We need to buy big in January

Johnson needs a spell in the reserves or something because he's quickly becoming a lazy player and saying that he belongs at QPR or Derby is an insult to Championship players - he's gone that far back in my opinion.

What does Alberto have to do to get onto the pitch?

Saying all of this, prior to the Spuds game I said I would take 6 points from our next 4 and be very happy.  It's just made sour by EVERYBODY around us winning.

We have a really good next 5 matches now, 3 of which are home and I'd expect 12 points from them
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #698: Dec 30, 2013 09:19:23 am
      Deserved to lose this one in my opinion, against Man City we where unlucky but didn't do enough in this one. With City making 6 changes to they're side a day before we played we made one which was forced through injury and used a teenager making his debut and played him out of position too. Squad is not good enough to challenge for the league by a long way but could just make a champions league spot at best.

A lot of our first team look tired but at least our next game is home
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #699: Dec 30, 2013 10:25:05 am
      We were F***ing awful for the first 45 minutes, scoring was the worst possible thing we could do, they ravaged us after that and didn't relent until they scored. We are awful at the back, Simone is having a nightmare in big games all of a sudden....top 4 is the target so lets get back to basics...I feel sorry fot aht youngster who came on, couldn't control the ball....
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #700: Dec 30, 2013 10:31:31 am
      How many games can the FA continue to screw us before we think about booby trapping their homes? The minute Webb didn't even show a yellow on Eto right at the start of the game, I knew this was going to be one of those games. I hope the FA F***ing choke on the chicken they are eating.
      Credit where credits due Chelsea got the better of us. But they should have been down to 10 men from the beginning IMO.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #701: Dec 30, 2013 10:34:46 am
      I forgot to mention how sh*t Johnson was too. Lost patience with him ages ago, overrated, like someone mentioned earlier, with these sorts of performances he would be a discredit to the likes of QPR, Derby.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #702: Dec 30, 2013 10:37:04 am
      Terrible game.

Probably, after the goal, the worst we played this season.

Another fumble by Mignolet.

Two in two games, without which we'd be third.

Defensively we've been lacking all season.
      That's been punished by both City and Chelsea.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #703: Dec 30, 2013 10:37:13 am

The way the BBC are reporting this makes it seem like it was actually a debatable call. Their main football story of the day FFS.

Oh and F**k off Jose you c**t.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #704: Dec 30, 2013 10:58:06 am
      Danny Kelly and Mickey Quinn on talksport were spot on this morning. Both called the performance of Webb a howler, whilst berating the tripe that came out of Mourihnos gob. DK called it pure lies and stated how disgusted he is at the gutter press lapping up Mourihnos words. Spot on that man!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #705: Dec 30, 2013 11:07:08 am
      F***ing press in this country are just a joke. The way they continually toss them selves over Mourinho is pathetic.
      Redangel

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #706: Dec 30, 2013 11:21:05 am
      F***ing press in this country are just a joke. The way they continually toss them selves over Mourinho is pathetic.

This is so true. Mourinho is an excuse of a man. To use Luis as a diversion to deflect from the antics of his own player is, in my book, totally reprehensible.
      That certain members of the British media lap it up, is just as bad.
      I have zero respect for him, and hope he fails miserably at Chelsea. One thing is certain though, him and Chelsea so deserve each other!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #707: Dec 30, 2013 11:44:45 am
      Let's call it shitty irony that last season Suarez bit one of their players then scored haha
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #708: Dec 30, 2013 12:34:28 pm
      Sick of hearing excuses and people blaming the ref. Yes decisions didn't go our way against City or Chelsea. Yes, they usually go to teams up that end of the table. However, the simple fact is we didn't take the chances we did have and we, in my opinion, were outclassed by a fairly average Chelsea team. They have great players but aren't a good team. They played us off the park in the first half and the harsh reality is we have a lengthy injury list. Take those players off the pitch and we are going to struggle.

I am not coming down on the players we have or Brendan, not at all. We as fans have got to realise that it wasn't going to change overnight. We weren't going to win the league this season but we will challenge. Next up is Hull and it's a must win. The last two games were always going to be tricky. However, we can take elements of our play in to future games. And for goodness sake, Skrtel stop holding players shirts at free kicks and corners.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #709: Dec 30, 2013 12:36:05 pm
      the ref cost us a point...again. it was another disgusting bias imo as he was standing 10 feet away from the tackle, looking straight at it, and basically bottled it. it's disgusting, unfair and infuriating but i've come to expect nothing from refs and the fa over the years.

having said that, i thought chelsea were the better team overall. yes they are a bunch of c***s and their only tactic against good teams is to stifle them, foul them, bully them and  generally behae like to$$ers...this is the mentality mourinho instills in them to win at all costs. but, their midfield passed the ball better then us, kept the ball better then us, closed us down more and tackled harder then we did.

i love lucas to bits, but in games like this, we really miss people like mascherano. time and time again, lucas and allen gave the ball away, were beaten to the ball or outmuscled. now, i'm not saying we should sell allen and lucas, because against most opposition, they play really well together. but we don't have the depth in squad to bring on a tough , no-nonsense tackler for certain games like this and that isn't chelsea's fault, that's for fsg to help br sort out. chelsea brought in mikel in the second hald, filthy player but a tough player who won 50/50 balls in the centre. we brought on smith...says it all.

truth is, we need a stronger squad in order that br has the option of changing tactics according to games. we cannot go to each game expecting to play the same team with the same style. league is not won in that way, league is won by adapting to different types of games with different types of players in key positions over the long season. with players who will not allow us to be bullied when we play in the middle of december against c***s like chelsea or stoke. that's how we win the league.

so no, don't sell allen/lucas because of one bad game, build a squad. possibly sell johnson as i think he has been below par all season and looks uninterested in a lot of games nowdays.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #710: Dec 30, 2013 12:50:05 pm
      It was a bad display by our lads and the best the chavs have played for ages. Having said that they only just managed to beat us so that is a big big plus for us.
      Maureen's comments are slanderous, they are lies and in a court of law they can be proved to be slander. LFC should sue him and Chelsea, but of course they won't becuase Brandan is best buddies with Maureen, which raises a lot of questions about Brendan's character and choice of friends.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 258 
      Reply #711: Dec 30, 2013 01:05:43 pm
      This is so true. Mourinho is an excuse of a man. To use Luis as a diversion to deflect from the antics of his own player is, in my book, totally reprehensible.
      That certain members of the British media lap it up, is just as bad.
      I have zero respect for him, and hope he fails miserably at Chelsea. One thing is certain though, him and Chelsea so deserve each other!
      I hate him, if he come manage Liverpool FC I will go detain myself meditate in the cave until he get sacking  >:(   
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #712: Dec 30, 2013 01:37:14 pm
      I'm totally amazed that some people are saying we were "awful" etc. There was a massive under-rating of our opponents on here before the game, and it seems to me there is still an under-rating of them afterwards. I don't like them anymore than the next man, but they are (as I said before the match) a very powerful team, with squad players who we would give our right arm for. Mata wasn't playing, Mikkel is a good player, Torres on the bench, Ashley Cole on the bench, Essien etc etc.

As it was, on the day we were muscled out of it and narrowly beaten by a team which is expert at narrowly winning football matches. We hit the bar, had a stone wall penalty turned down and all in all gave a pretty good account of ourselves I thought. They haven't lost at home in the league under Mourinho, it's hardly the easiest place to eek out a result. Yes when Allen and Sakho went off injured we didn't have any big guns to come on and change things, but surely we knew that beforehand didn't we?

All the Chelsea fans I spoke to last night said that the first half was by a mile the best they've played all season. Bare in mind they had David Luiz (25 mill) and Lampard sitting in front of a well drilled and solid back four. Then they had the three playmakers, Hazard, Oscar and Willian who are all 30 million quid players in front of that (with Mata in reserve). Up top they had Eto with Torres in reserve. By contrast we've got a 16 year old kid on the bench.

To go there and give them a good game wasn't an "awful" performance by any stretch, particularly when you consider it was two days after the same players had ran Man City so close. The only thing which is "awful" is the lack of understanding of some of our fans sometimes.

Quick Reply