Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match trauma

Read 39800 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match trauma
      Reply #713: Dec 30, 2013 01:37:43 pm
      Looks like he had a decent rest already. Dring the last two games !

"Giving him a rest" is a euphamism for "move him on in the Summer".

Let's be honest here, the ref might have cost us a point but we lost the game ourselves. Another poor save from Ming that he really should have saved and a midfield that didn't turn up in the first half, forgotting that Suarez was on the pitch, and a season-long problem with clearing our lines. For all the money spent in the Summer on our defence, its worrying just how bad they are right now. The team needs some serious January love if we're to stay in contention during the second half of the season and not just fall away again.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #714: Dec 30, 2013 01:38:49 pm
      F***ing press in this country are just a joke. The way they continually toss them selves over Mourinho is pathetic.

London based press & media are like cancer.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #715: Dec 30, 2013 01:44:25 pm
      I'm totally amazed that some people are saying we were "awful" etc. There was a massive under-rating of our opponents on here before the game, and it seems to me there is still an under-rating of them afterwards. I don't like them anymore than the next man, but they are (as I said before the match) a very powerful team, with squad players who we would give our right arm for. Mata wasn't playing, Mikkel is a good player, Torres on the bench, Ashley Cole on the bench, Essien etc etc.

As it was, on the day we were muscled out of it and narrowly beaten by a team which is expert at narrowly winning football matches. We hit the bar, had a stone wall penalty turned down and all in all gave a pretty good account of ourselves I thought. They haven't lost at home in the league under Mourinho, it's hardly the easiest place to eek out a result. Yes when Allen and Sakho went off injured we didn't have any big guns to come on and change things, but surely we knew that beforehand didn't we?

All the Chelsea fans I spoke to last night said that the first half was by a mile the best they've played all season. Bare in mind they had David Luiz (25 mill) and Lampard sitting in front of a well drilled and solid back four. Then they had the three playmakers, Hazard, Oscar and Willian who are all 30 million quid players in front of that (with Mata in reserve). Up top they had Eto with Torres in reserve. By contrast we've got a 16 year old kid on the bench.

To go there and give them a good game wasn't an "awful" performance by any stretch, particularly when you consider it was two days after the same players had ran Man City so close. The only thing which is "awful" is the lack of understanding of some of our fans sometimes.
      That is possibly the best summing up well done mick for putting some balance and perspective into it ,oh and moareen is still a c**t.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #716: Dec 30, 2013 01:49:02 pm
      London based press & media are like cancer.

It has nothing to do with their location, it's to do with the nature of tabloids and their love of drama and controversy and Mourinho provides them with what they want. Not unintentionally either, love him or loathe him, Mourinho has an innate understanding of the media and knows how to use them. The whole "Suarez dived" comment has now got the tabloids talking about that rather than how Chelsea should have conceeded at least two penalties. He's protected his team by deflecting the debate in to something the tabloids will run with.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #717: Dec 30, 2013 01:58:39 pm
      It has nothing to do with their location, it's to do with the nature of tabloids and their love of drama and controversy and Mourinho provides them with what they want. Not unintentionally either, love him or loathe him, Mourinho has an innate understanding of the media and knows how to use them. The whole "Suarez dived" comment has now got the tabloids talking about that rather than how Chelsea should have conceeded at least two penalties. He's protected his team by deflecting the debate in to something the tabloids will run with.

Of course it has something to do with location as all major tabloids are down south so of course they are going to run with Maureen stories and twist them. It's been like that for years if you hadn't noticed, not just about the club but about the city also.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #718: Dec 30, 2013 02:20:43 pm
      F***ing press in this country are just a joke. The way they continually toss them selves over Mourinho is pathetic.

Johnson was a so so player when we bought him from Portsmouth. Till now he's still a so so player and over rated. Took him ages to decide what to do with the ball and by the time he made up his mind all doors were locked and eneded up with the back passes. However, when he scored a wonderful goal in 10 games, all of a sudden he becomes world class again.

Maureen's team attacked down that flank so often suggests that our right back is a problematic area.
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2013 02:39:23 pm by redkop63 »
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #719: Dec 30, 2013 02:38:35 pm
      Lets not panic, we had the worst two fixtures of any of the leading PL teams.  The others have got some pretty horrendous fixtures coming up.  The important issue for the team is to start to get their heads together for a win against Hull at home and away against Stoke. We'll move back up the table for sure.
      We are though in all honesty playing for third or fourth.  The title will be City's or Arsenals this season.
      Lets get behind the team and help them get a top four finish, and lets hope FSG loosen the purse strings in January.  Aspas needs to go, perhaps Johnson too.  Lucas may not be the player we need going forward.
      Coutinho needs to put a bit of beef on in my opinion to cope with the physical demands of the PL.
      When Stevie, Jose, and Danny return we'll be so much better.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #720: Dec 30, 2013 03:28:20 pm
      There was one bright moment though, did anyone see the absolute look of a temper tantrum on Torres' face when he once again failed to score against us? It was the shot he took when Sakho pulled up with a hamstring injury

That really was priceless  :lmao: :D
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #721: Dec 30, 2013 04:35:12 pm
      Chelsea bullied us plane and simple they pressed and harried us all the way through the game and I hate to say it but deserved the three points.
      We were poor and there wasn't a lot of pluses to pull from the game.dissapointing:-(
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #722: Dec 30, 2013 04:42:51 pm
      Firstly, delighted for Brad Smith! He's born in my hometown! Was a weird pride feeling when the commentator was saying he was born in Penrith, Australia.

Funnily enough, Mark Schwarzer is too from Penrith. Was pretty cool for me to see that.

On the game I thought we were a bit sh*te and our defence is just shambolic. Our fullback area was concerning but with a teenager on debut and a centre back on one flank and the constantly horrible Johnson on the other I wasn't surprised.

Midfield was poor. Hendo was good but Lucas is so slow and Allen was sh*t.

Sterling was ok running at his man but he was often left waiting for support but his work rate was terrific. Coutinho put in his worst performance in red and Suarez was isolated a lot.

Still though we only lost 2-1 with one of our worst performances I thought which in itself is a decent effort. Onwards to Hull and then the run in to a top four spot.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,023 posts | 529 
      Reply #723: Dec 30, 2013 06:31:16 pm
      I'm totally amazed that some people are saying we were "awful" etc. There was a massive under-rating of our opponents on here before the game, and it seems to me there is still an under-rating of them afterwards. I don't like them anymore than the next man, but they are (as I said before the match) a very powerful team, with squad players who we would give our right arm for. Mata wasn't playing, Mikkel is a good player, Torres on the bench, Ashley Cole on the bench, Essien etc etc.

As it was, on the day we were muscled out of it and narrowly beaten by a team which is expert at narrowly winning football matches. We hit the bar, had a stone wall penalty turned down and all in all gave a pretty good account of ourselves I thought. They haven't lost at home in the league under Mourinho, it's hardly the easiest place to eek out a result. Yes when Allen and Sakho went off injured we didn't have any big guns to come on and change things, but surely we knew that beforehand didn't we?

All the Chelsea fans I spoke to last night said that the first half was by a mile the best they've played all season. Bare in mind they had David Luiz (25 mill) and Lampard sitting in front of a well drilled and solid back four. Then they had the three playmakers, Hazard, Oscar and Willian who are all 30 million quid players in front of that (with Mata in reserve). Up top they had Eto with Torres in reserve. By contrast we've got a 16 year old kid on the bench.

To go there and give them a good game wasn't an "awful" performance by any stretch, particularly when you consider it was two days after the same players had ran Man City so close. The only thing which is "awful" is the lack of understanding of some of our fans sometimes.

I only saw the second half, and I know the first was supposed to be worse, but yeah I agree.
      This was our second toughest fixture of the season, 3 days after our toughest.
      Not surprisingly given our injuries/lack of depth we looked knackered. ( I thought BR might have done bit more to rest a couple of our midfielders at City - eg by playing 4-4-2, but even then tiredness was always going to be an issue in this one.)

But despite that we almost certainly would have got a draw had it not been for a total shocker from that baldie clown Webb.
      By the end of the game we were still fighting for an equaliser and Chelsea, who did have fresh legs in midfield, had resorted to just desperately hacking Suarez down every time he got the ball.
      As fas as I am concerned we come out of those last 2 games with our heads up, even if we didn't get any points.
      The concern for me is injuries, plus the fact that the players we have left have to go again in a mere 2 days time.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #724: Dec 30, 2013 07:07:49 pm
      Of course it has something to do with location as all major tabloids are down south so of course they are going to run with Maureen stories and twist them. It's been like that for years if you hadn't noticed, not just about the club but about the city also.

It really isn't mate. London is a very big city and has more football clubs than any other. Just in the Premier League alone you have six teams, all with their own "local" rivialries. Chelsea fans hate Arsenal as much as we hate United and vice versa. Just because a Newspaper's sports writers are based in London does not mean they support all London teams or indeed any London team, let alone Chelsea. Mourhinio is simply adept at knowing what tabloids want and being able to provide them with appropriate material. He has no agenda against Liverpool, his pre-match comments show he respects the team, all he's simply doing with his "Suarez diving" and "Media conspiricy" comments are simply his way of protecting his own players, no different to Brendan's blaming the dodgy decisions at City on a Ref from Bolton. As a result of the conspricy comments no media or press are talking about the penalties we where denied. As I said, like him or loathe him but respect the man for being a clever b***ard when it comes to manipulating the media.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #725: Dec 30, 2013 08:30:50 pm
      It really isn't mate. London is a very big city and has more football clubs than any other. Just in the Premier League alone you have six teams, all with their own "local" rivialries. Chelsea fans hate Arsenal as much as we hate United and vice versa. Just because a Newspaper's sports writers are based in London does not mean they support all London teams or indeed any London team, let alone Chelsea. Mourhinio is simply adept at knowing what tabloids want and being able to provide them with appropriate material. He has no agenda against Liverpool, his pre-match comments show he respects the team, all he's simply doing with his "Suarez diving" and "Media conspiricy" comments are simply his way of protecting his own players, no different to Brendan's blaming the dodgy decisions at City on a Ref from Bolton. As a result of the conspricy comments no media or press are talking about the penalties we where denied. As I said, like him or loathe him but respect the man for being a clever b***ard when it comes to manipulating the media.
      But I don't get the 'clever' bit. Mourinho says Suarez dived, the reporter says 'but here is the footage' and Mourinho makes it personal on the reporter for example. It is the tabloid choose to slant it against Suarez because it will sell. No one but liverpool fans are interested in the idea we were robbed. Webb is a very dodgy ref. he is protected by the fa.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #726: Dec 30, 2013 09:16:16 pm

NOT_MOTD Not Match of the Day 2h
      Ivanović tried to get his revenge on Suárez. pic.twitter.com/iHdhMS8ZTF

Where is the post match FA review of this? You can bet if it was the other way round the gallows would have been built.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #727: Dec 30, 2013 09:46:59 pm

Where is the post match FA review of this? You can bet if it was the other way round the gallows would have been built.

Serbian pr**k.

Should be banned I hate the fat ass b***ard.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #728: Dec 30, 2013 10:10:32 pm

Bet no English papers reported that? F***ing Serbian meff he looks like a smack ed. That's a jaw breaker that.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #729: Dec 30, 2013 11:04:30 pm
      From all these pictures in the last couple games... it's a miracle our dear suarez is still able to play...  we need officials that are capable of protecting our top assets... this is getting out of hand
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,257 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #730: Dec 30, 2013 11:10:52 pm
      Mourinho is and always has been a classless c**t but hes made a right tw*t of himself here
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #731: Dec 30, 2013 11:25:51 pm
      For Maureen to come out and accuse Luis of an "acrobatic swimming pool jump" is f**king ridiculous. For BR to be investigated by the FA re. his comments on poor refereeing decisions, and at the same time having to listen to blantant lies from that Chav, without any reprimand, makes no sense to me. It's bringing the game into disrepute, having to listen to Maureen and managers like him coming out with such complete sh*te after matches when every dog in the street can see otherwise - they are taking the f**king piss and treating not just Luis/LFC folk with contempt, but the general football public too. Maybe they think they are defending their teams, or trying to be funny - but whatever the reason, unfortunately there is a huge swathe of general public who read this stuff at a very superficial level and in this case many will take what this dipshit has said at face value and Luis will be tarred again. Completely agree with BR that Luis is an easy target, and he is right to come out and point that out, again and again, if needed.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #732: Dec 31, 2013 12:42:36 am

That picture doesn't show what actually happened, Ivanovic did nothing wrong.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #733: Dec 31, 2013 01:49:29 am
      Maureen saying about Suarez' diving is just comical given the fact that one of his former players in his first stint at the club (Florent Malouda) jumped into our player and won a penalty!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #734: Dec 31, 2013 05:45:03 am
      At least it was well highlighted on tv that Webb had a clear view of the Suarez penalty incident, and fu**ed  us over.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #735: Dec 31, 2013 06:19:11 am

Thanks for the pic, this is murder, don;t mean to be cruel, hope he has a lengthy lay off from the game. had the foot landed on Suarez's face, he would have gone blind. This is sportsmanship of the lowest order. I knew this Ivanovic fellow is a dirty player all along.
      « Last Edit: Dec 31, 2013 07:06:35 am by redkop63 »

Quick Reply