Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jose Mourinho, the hypocrite.

Read 40472 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Re: Jose Mourinho, the hypocrite.
      Reply #161: Feb 22, 2014 02:05:55 am
      I really hope so.  He thinks he is the chairman of the premier league.  FFS he failed at Real Madrid and needs to do something at Chelsea as 2 failures consecutively will see him take a nose dive.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #162: Feb 22, 2014 08:43:38 am
      Quote from king kenny
        FFS he failed at Real Madrid

He only won the league and cup at Real against Barcelona with 100 points and got to three European Cup semi finals in three years. Sure what more could he do?

Quote from vulcan_red
      Except of course the Cl with Porto, ... Remind me again ... Howard's howler reversing a routine win for utd then ..drum roll ... Lyon; Deportivo and Monaco.... Stuff of legends more like the UEFA cup.

Lyon were annual qualifiers. Monaco put Real out of the Cup, then Ranieri out of a job. Coruna earlier overhauled a 3 goal deficit to beat AC Milan. While beating the mancs is always something to celebrate. Beating 4 very strong sides from the biggest leagues in Europe and do it all away from home is no mean feat, hence why Chelsea and us went out looking to hire him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #163: Feb 22, 2014 08:48:41 am
      and got to three European Cup semi finals in three years. Sure what more could he do?
      Get to two finals, one semi-final and win one, in four years?  :confused-smiley-013:

Then again... you'd always get some mealy-mouthed, half-wit, suggesting that even that would be a failure; wouldn't you?  ;)

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #164: Feb 22, 2014 09:58:19 am
      He only won the league and cup at Real against Barcelona with 100 points and got to three European Cup semi finals in three years. Sure what more could he do?

With the most expensive team in history he won 1 league title and a cup and failed in the European Cup (using your own logic from the Rafa thread he failed - he was taken in to win the European Cup).
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #165: Feb 22, 2014 10:43:41 am
      He was brought in to break the then Barcelona trophy monopoly.  He did the job in two years, and reached the cup final again last year. He also took on a Real side that couldn't make it past the EC second round for several seasons and promptly took the club to three semi finals. Impressive considering the club hasn't won it since 2002.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #166: Feb 22, 2014 10:46:16 am
      He was brought in to break the then Barcelona trophy monopoly.  He did the job in two years, and reached the cup final again last year. He also took on a Real side that couldn't make it past the EC second round for several seasons and promptly took the club to three semi finals. Impressive considering the club hasn't won it since 2002.

is that you Jose ?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #167: Feb 22, 2014 11:16:49 am
      He also took on a Real side that couldn't make it past the EC second round for several seasons and promptly took the club to three semi finals. Impressive considering the club hasn't won it since 2002.

Judging by the logic you are using on this thread, then what Rafa accomplished with Liverpool was clearly sh*t.  :f_tongueincheek:

You are making yourself look like an Olympic-standard fool.

Rafa took a Liverpool side that hadn't won the European cup for 20 years and won it, and transformed them from not even qualifying to being regularly in the final and semis, number one ranked in Europe.

If you're genuinely a Liverpool fan, then try removing your tongue from the depths of the Special cu*ts arse and praising one of our legendary managers.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #168: Feb 22, 2014 11:33:36 am
      Judging by the logic you are using on this thread, then what Rafa accomplished with Liverpool was clearly sh*t.  :f_tongueincheek:

You are making yourself look like an Olympic-standard fool.

Rafa took a Liverpool side that hadn't won the European cup for 20 years and won it, and transformed them from not even qualifying to being regularly in the final and semis, number one ranked in Europe.

If you're genuinely a Liverpool fan, then try removing your tongue from the depths of the Special cu*ts arse and praising one of our legendary managers.

The occasional sycophantic comment about LFC is shown for what it is by the relentless abuse directed at a club legend; a wum in bullshitters clothing. 
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #169: Feb 22, 2014 12:03:05 pm

No, he was 100% brought in to win the tenth European Cup, which they are obsessed with. Just as Ancelotti has been now, both managers with previous of winning the European Cup multiple times. Again using your logic, Rafa took over a team that hadn't won the league in 15 odd years and recorded a highest points tally. Impressive wouldn't you say? This is your own logic, so you're just showing yourself up here as a fool.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #170: Feb 22, 2014 12:54:49 pm
      Please excuse me while I scan for "Rafa Benitez" in this thread title.

Error 404: Search Term not found. Oh well, back on topic.

I repeat he was brought to Real to break the Barcelona monopoly. The same Barcelona side who won 6 trophies in one season. He duly delivered what he was hired for. Yet Again.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #171: Feb 22, 2014 01:30:53 pm

I repeat he was brought to Real to break the Barcelona monopoly. The same Barcelona side who won 6 trophies in one season. He duly delivered what he was hired for. Yet Again.

Even if you stick to your bizarre belief that he wasn't there to win the European Cup, he failed to break the Barca dominance - they won 2 league titles and a European Cup in his time there, I don't know if they won the Spanish cup, but I'd hazard a guess that they did. So with the most expensive team in history he failed to do what was required of him i.e. overtake Barca (and win the European Cup, but according to you Real Madrid don't value that). I'd hardly constitute winning 1 league title with Real Madrid as the glorious success you're attempting to portray it as.

I actually believe Mourinho is a fantastic manager, all I'm doing is pointing out your hypocrisy. Absolutely bizarre that the only threads you spend any time in are the Rafa thread bashing him and then praising Mourinho in this one, whilst having complete double standards. 
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2014 02:15:35 pm by RedWilly »
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #172: Feb 22, 2014 03:17:53 pm
      It's more bizarre that you would make such a statement. Maybe they're the only ones you notice me in, but if you look through my posts, you'll see a range of threads I post in.

As regards the time I spend in them, it takes me a long time to write some of them atm. So I focus on the ones that most need commenting on. Back on topic.

He brought home La Liga after it was 4 years away. He won La Copa at the first attempt. He didn't win the European Cup, but if that was his job spec, he would have been out in no time.

If he was here he would have got at least one PL title out of Reina, Arby, Carra, Agger, Gerrard, Garcia, Alonso, and Torres at the peak of their careers, regardless who was in the boardroom or what budget he was working with.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #173: Feb 22, 2014 06:50:38 pm

Enough for Madrid to want to keep him.  He didn't do enough with the best squads in club football.  Rafa did better than that with a shoe string budget in Europe.  He got arse slapped by the Germans.  The media over in Spain didn't find his childish games amusing like some here, cough cough. 

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #174: Feb 22, 2014 07:07:02 pm

People mention it because you clearly and I mean clearly have one rule in which you judge Rafa to that you judge Mourinho.

It's quite odd
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #175: Feb 22, 2014 07:12:39 pm
      People mention it because you clearly and I mean clearly have one rule in which you judge Rafa to that you judge Mourinho.

It's quite odd

Odd doesn't cover it mate.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #176: Feb 22, 2014 07:47:07 pm
      I like Mourinho, I think he's pretty funny.

He speaks sh*t, but that's part and parcel of the game now. People need to learn to deal with that.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #177: Feb 22, 2014 08:00:49 pm
      I don't find him funny I find him arrogant and incredibly insulting to others in his profession.He is an absolute tw*t of a man
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #178: Feb 22, 2014 08:35:19 pm
      I don't find him funny I find him arrogant and incredibly insulting to others in his profession.He is an absolute tw*t of a man

This all day
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #179: Feb 22, 2014 09:01:27 pm
      Well my sense of humour is very dry. I can actually relate to the guy.

Guess I'm a c**t.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #180: Feb 22, 2014 10:15:31 pm
      There is a boring b***ard then there is Maureen.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #181: Feb 22, 2014 10:45:57 pm

He is amusing in a contrived kind of way.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #182: Feb 22, 2014 11:13:42 pm
      Quote from Paisleydalglish

I don't see the issue here. I talk about Mourinho in the Mourinho thread, Rafa in the Rafa thread, the club in the club threads, etc. It's not a conspiracy, and there is no "rule".

And with the way Real hire and fire coaches, 3 years is a long career, when some barely get one.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #183: Feb 23, 2014 07:08:46 am

I know you don't..

Everyone else sees it though.

Look I can't be bothered with you so my last post to you mate

How you can constantly slag off Rafa for his time here and then jump in and praise Mourinho is weird..
      If you think Mourinho was an utter success at Real we will have to disagree.. And I can't be bothered to go into detail with it with you as it's pointless, if you had a balanced argument over the whole piece then maybe but you don't.
      Honestly you're  a waste of my reading time.
      You're not balanced in your views, if you're a red then if be gobsmacked.
      I honestly don't have much of an issue with Mourinho, I kind of find him funny in a way cause of the obvious crap he talks, and I have no issue with people who like him like Res for example because he has balanced views and is so obviously a passionate red that he can give his views on things none Liverpool and people respect it and believe where it comes from.
      You lad can't be taken seriously because you just spend your time slagging off a Liverpool legend and then salivate over people nothing to do with the club.
      Good luck, enjoy posting.. Please try not to clutter the Rafa thread too much for proper reds will you..
      Thanks in advance

I for one am convinced Rafa would win the CL for Real.

Quick Reply