Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC financial thread

Read 19319 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      LFC financial thread
      Jan 06, 2014 02:11:36 pm
      Starting a financial thread for all financial related discussions.

News just in. The commercial team is finally doing some work. Financial details were not disclosed. But this is likely to be similar to the AirTel deal the Mancs signed in 2009 worth £10m for five-years.

LFC announces first regional marketing partner in India

The new XOLO partnership was launched at a press conference this morning at Melwood with Kenny Dalglish, Joe Allen and Olly Dale [LFC sales director]. They took part in a live video link press conference to India, which is a club first.

The club and leading smart mobile devices brand commence a three-year partnership, bringing fans closer to LFC through the latest mobile technology.

Indian fans will enjoy tailored content from Liverpool FC on their mobile handsets, exclusive merchandise and the chance to meet players and legends.

Some lucky fans, customers and business partners will also get the unique opportunity to visit Anfield and experience a home game.

In addition, XOLO will work with LFC's Official Supporters' Club, delivering exciting Liverpool-themed events and fan tournaments.

Billy Hogan, chief commercial officer at Liverpool FC, commented: "We are delighted to announce our very first regional marketing partnership in India with XOLO, a leading smart mobile devices brand.

"Through this partnership we will deliver exclusive LFC content and exciting opportunities for fans to visit our home, Anfield.

"We have millions of fans in India and we are committed to bringing the club closer to them. Teaming up with XOLO and launching our very first International Academy in Pune represent the start of our journey in India to make fans feel like their club is right on their doorstep."

Last year, Liverpool FC was named the most trusted football brand in India following the most intensive study on brand trust ever undertaken.

The Reds finished second only to the Indian Premier League (cricket) as the most trusted sports brand in the country, according to the Brand Trust Report India 2013.

The new partnership, which was signed today during a press conference at Melwood, will see XOLO deliver 'the next level' in mobility to their consumers by bringing best-in-class mobile experiences to Indian audiences where the popularity of football is growing.

Sunil Raina, business head at XOLO, commented: "Liverpool FC is one of the most popular clubs in the country, with an iconic legacy.

"We're thrilled to have this association with a club that is revered as it seeks to grow the popularity of the sport in India. Through this association with Liverpool FC we will seek to not only increase connect with the youth but also drive growth for football in India.

"We believe that the partnership with the iconic Liverpool FC will bring many synergies and exciting opportunities to our consumers and partners in India."

This announcement follows the launch of the club's full-time coaching academy in India, LFC International Football Academy DSK.

The academy will be a world-class, purpose-built residential complex, featuring full-size pitches, practice areas, classrooms, changing rooms, a gym, canteen, lecture theatre, residential and medical facilities.

The LFC International Football Academy will officially open later this year and will be a market-leading development centre for young players in India, servicing DSK Shivajians.

Author: @LFC
      Tagged: XOLO , india , partnership

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/152524-lfc-announces-first-regional-marketing-partner-in-india
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: LFC financial thread
      Reply #1: Jan 06, 2014 03:16:51 pm
      I think this is the most bonkers project I've yet seen. 99.9% of Indians are only interested in Cricket. Of all the countries we could have chosen for this, anywhere on the sub continent seems a total non-starter. Children don't grow up wanting to be Suarez, they grow up wanting to be Tendulkar who alone has close to a billion fans. If it works, great but as someone who follows Cricket as well as Football, I simply cannot see this having any noticeable impact on our global fan base.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #2: Jan 06, 2014 03:37:38 pm
      We have a massive fanbase in India infact all over Asia. Great move by the marketing team.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #3: Jan 06, 2014 04:04:49 pm
      We have a massive fanbase in India infact all over Asia. Great move by the marketing team.

Agree.

I worked with a couple of Indian guys and they were football mad, after the cricket of course, and apparently in their region, Kerala, football is very popular.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #4: Jan 06, 2014 06:04:46 pm
      I think this is the most bonkers project I've yet seen. 99.9% of Indians are only interested in Cricket.

Quite an interesting statistic you've managed to dig up there.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #5: Jan 06, 2014 06:20:20 pm
      I think this is the most bonkers project I've yet seen. 99.9% of Indians are only interested in Cricket. Of all the countries we could have chosen for this, anywhere on the sub continent seems a total non-starter. Children don't grow up wanting to be Suarez, they grow up wanting to be Tendulkar who alone has close to a billion fans. If it works, great but as someone who follows Cricket as well as Football, I simply cannot see this having any noticeable impact on our global fan base.

What an absolute load of sh*te. Football is massive in parts of India - even on a par with cricket in some places.

It's a matter of time before big clubs go on pre-season tours over there and set up these kind of partnerships. Glad to see we're right up there with the other clubs.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6: Jan 06, 2014 06:21:51 pm
      What an absolute load of sh*te. Football is massive in parts of India - even on a par with cricket in some places.

It's a matter of time before big clubs go on pre-season tours over there and set up these kind of partnerships. Glad to see we're right up there with the other clubs.

;D, the fella thinks people can only follow one sport.

I agree, massive following in India, particularly for the EPL for some reason.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #7: Jan 06, 2014 06:52:01 pm
      I don't know how 5timesacharm came to that conclusion
       Even in england there are millions who follow cricket, that does not mean they don't follow football as well
        there is a big LFC fan base in india , pakistan,and all asia,
          This is the site of the official LFC supporters club in delhi>>> http://delhikop.com/
           And this is the Asiankop sit.. http://www.theasiankop.com/about-us/
        YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,983 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8: Jan 06, 2014 07:30:01 pm

Ff's pull your head out of your arse fella, even in a thread that's for learning what's happening commercially with our club you have to find something negative to say.....do yourself and the rest of us a favour ....and f***in do one....
      F**kin neg heads.... Honestly. !

Calling all mods,  please can we have a NEG-O-Meter, anything above 5 on a NEG-O-Meter should receive a  2 day ban for being a neg head , above  7, 3 day ban, above 9 a week ban, say 5 days,
      After that they should be forced to have oral sex with Susan Boyle , warts N all, for a month, negative bas**rds !

YNWA
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9: Jan 06, 2014 07:49:58 pm
      Sometimes I wonder if fans really want us to be big around the world, such is some negativity here. Football's as much a business as it is a game these days - hiding away from that fact will not progress us into that elite status up there with the likes of financial giants like Madrid, or currently Arsenal.

Just look at how stagnant we were under Moores - apparently the online shop was only open 9-5 UK time, so in other parts of the world you couldn't even access it during the day.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #10: Jan 06, 2014 08:06:49 pm
      I think this is the most bonkers project I've yet seen. 99.9% of Indians are only interested in Cricket.

Even if your 'statistic' wasn't just plucked out of thin air, it would still be worth persuing, given that the population of India is over 1.2bn  :roll:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #11: Jan 06, 2014 08:46:53 pm

chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #12: Jan 06, 2014 09:30:29 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13: Jan 06, 2014 09:52:04 pm

No, he's just not the sharpest tool in the shed.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #14: Jan 07, 2014 12:56:57 am
      No, he's just not the sharpest tool in the shed.

:) neither am i that was way over my head
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #15: Jan 07, 2014 05:33:20 am
      Quite an interesting statistic you've managed to dig up there.

64% of statistics are made up on the spot.
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 07, 2014 05:45:50 am
      India is set to have more people than China. It is the biggest market in the world and there are plenty of football loving Indians. I know quite a few and most of them support Liverpool.

This is fantastic work by the club  ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17: Jan 07, 2014 07:05:46 am
      By all means if a sponsor is prepared to put money into the club take it irrespective of where they are from. I am sure the legal team at Liverpool football club will make sure our interests are safeguarded.
                                                                                               Indian sponsors should be O.K. it's Cowboys like Hicks and Gillette we don't want.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2014 07:53:05 am by Billy1 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #18: Jan 07, 2014 07:15:20 am

Calling all mods,  please can we have a NEG-O-Meter, anything above 5 on a NEG-O-Meter should receive a  2 day ban for being a neg head , above  7, 3 day ban, above 9 a week ban, say 5 days,
      After that they should be forced to have oral sex with Susan Boyle , warts N all, for a month, negative bas**rds !

YNWA

64% of statistics are made up on the spot.

69% in the case of Susan Boyle, not really a figure I'd be made up with.
      ruthcity
      • Started Topic

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #19: Jan 07, 2014 09:59:39 am
      We definitely can afford to do better commercially.

Revenue 2011/12 £m   Matchday   Broadcasting   Commercial   Total Revenue   
      Manchester United98.7104.0117.6320.3
      Chelsea77.8112.870.5261.0
      Arsenal95.287.152.5234.9
      Manchester City30.888.2112.1231.1
      Liverpool45.263.380.2188.7
      Source: Deloitte Football Money League 2013
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20: Jan 07, 2014 11:49:34 am
      We definitely can afford to do better commercially.

Revenue 2011/12 £m   Matchday   Broadcasting   Commercial   Total Revenue   
      Manchester United98.7104.0117.6320.3
      Chelsea77.8112.870.5261.0
      Arsenal95.287.152.5234.9
      Manchester City30.888.2112.1231.1
      Liverpool45.263.380.2188.7
      Source: Deloitte Football Money League 2013

I think a couple of those (broadcasting and to an extent commercial) are related to the on field success of the club. So if we wish to increase our profits from those we need to become much more successful, get back into the CL and start winning more trophies.

We are still one of the biggest names in World football, but every season we are out of Europe and out of contention for the league we slowly slip down the pecking order.

We need a bigger stadium and more success on the field to fill it, while attempting to retain our soul but still being commercially active to new markets.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,042 posts | 3967 
      Reply #21: Jan 07, 2014 12:03:16 pm
      I think a couple of those (broadcasting and to an extent commercial) are related to the on field success of the club. So if we wish to increase our profits from those we need to become much more successful, get back into the CL and start winning more trophies.

We are still one of the biggest names in World football, but every season we are out of Europe and out of contention for the league we slowly slip down the pecking order.

We need a bigger stadium and more success on the field to fill it, while attempting to retain our soul but still being commercially active to new markets.

Maybe there is method in the madness that FSG appear to be implementing, deny LFC the means of ultimate success (ie a squad capable of beating the best in the Prem. and Europe) and a bigger stadia will not be necessary, nothing would surprise at this stage of the game.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #22: Jan 07, 2014 12:58:31 pm
      Maybe there is method in the madness that FSG appear to be implementing, deny LFC the means of ultimate success (ie a squad capable of beating the best in the Prem. and Europe) and a bigger stadia will not be necessary, nothing would surprise at this stage of the game.

A couple of years ago I would have just laughed at the idea mate.... now I find myself nodding my head and considering it.

Quick Reply