Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Are Everton better than us?

Read 13600 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Re: Are Everton better than us?
      Reply #115: Jan 26, 2014 11:07:02 am
      Moyes seemingly held the record of never recording a win at Anfield, some United fans have told me that he has a similar problem at OT. Back on topic think we are more than equal to are neighbours and I am hopeful Tuesday will see a win for the Reds with Sturridge banging in the winning goal.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #116: Jan 26, 2014 02:02:07 pm
      I think Everton will find it challenging looking for a replacement when they have to give up Lukaku back to Chelsea in the summer and possibly Barry back to Man City.
      A fair enough point FMS but what if?

What if Everton did the unthinkable with their successful transfers/loans and pip us, with our less successful transfers/loans to that 'coveted' Champions League place?  :o

Wouldn't that mean that they could then afford to buy not only Barry and Lukaku but other quality players? Isn't that [Champions League qualification and the money it brings] the whole basis of our transfer "policy": i.e. fart about with cheap transfers until we can bring quality in off the back of "critical" Champions League football? Isn't that what we are waiting for before spending?

Why would they find it more challenging than us? After all we shop from the same 'clearance rail' now but, come May, they might well be able to afford to shop with the big boys. Doesn't bear thinking about, does it?  :-\

---------------------------------------------------------------

On topic: Are Everton better than us [this season]? Well, if you're one of those who believes the table doesn't lie - (I've never bought that btw) then...

Only time will tell but the Martinez Blueshite has way more about it than it did under Moyes. You can't dismiss the impact he's had on them and you can't exclude him from any debate on the 'better team'... especially if you are someone who has frequently given credit to Brendan for our change in fortunes.  ;)

I happen to believe that we have better players and a better starting XI when all fully fit but (to date) Everton have prospered from having a better balanced, more stable [less injuries] and consistent selection/formation to their team than us. To be fair to Brendan he has had none of that and most of it wasn't of his own making (imo).

Finally - being the unashamedly biased f**ker that I am... there's no F***ing way I'll ever bring myself to say they are 'better' than us.  >:D
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2014 02:31:52 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #117: Jan 26, 2014 02:22:01 pm
      Everton will see Tuesday as a perfect opportunity to beat us as we are there for the taken.

I don't think I could stomach a derby defeat especially at Anfield, hopefully F***ing hopefully the squad turns up and turns them over as Everton are a team of loan deals who have been forever in our shadow since LFC was founded.

Considering Everton were the first team in Liverpool, being the second team in Liverpool in regards to honours should make them feel sick and embarrassed that they are years older than us and still behind us success wise and have been in our shadow ever since.

Ian Rush humiliated Everton on a constant basis so did Barnes, Dalglish, Heighway and Liddell. Everton have not had a player on the level of them players since Dixie Dean back in the 1800's who they constantly bang on about as the best player ever in the English league.  :lmao:

Name    :    Everton Football Club
      City    :    Liverpool (England)
      Colours    :    Blue and White
      Founded    :    1878
      League    :    1891, 1915, 1928, 1932, 1939, 1963, 1970, 1985, 1987
      Cup    :    1906, 1933, 1966, 1984, 1995
      Europe    :    Cup Winners Cup : 1985
      Other    :    Charity Shield : 1928, 1933, 1963, 1970, 1984, 1985, 1986 (shared), 1987, 1995

Last cup they won was in 1995, 19 years ago, the FA Cup against United! Hahahaha, for the "4th most successful club in the league" that is F***ing embarrassing and it shows how much of a pub team they are.

It must hurt them knowing that Nottingham Forrest, Leeds and Villa have won a European cup and they haven't and also there Liverpool neighbours have won it 5 times and they haven't even had a sniff of it.

I F***ing hope to god that we hammer these bitter jealous cu*ts on Tuesday, at least by 3 goals, watch all the blueshite go home on there coaches back to North Wales and leave the proper Scousers to celebrate another Anfield derby win.

Who gives a F**k about Lukaku? A one season wonder like Jelavic who will go back to Chelsea as Everton can't afford to buy him as Kenwright pockets all there cash hahahaha! Plus we have Suarez the best player in the league and Sturridge who is far better than Lukaku.

F**k off blueshite thinking you'll beat us on Tuesday.  :lmao: Dream on you taxi club.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #118: Jan 26, 2014 03:41:43 pm
      Everton are not better than us but it has to be said that currently Everton are performing better than us.

When you compare the value of both squads then Everton are punching above their weight. Martinez has been very astute and his philosophy has worked at every Club he's been at. Nevermind the fact that Wigan got relegated, Martinez is renowned for getting his teams to play attractive free flowing football. Rumour had it that we were in for him ourselves.

It's pointless moaning about the fact they might not be where they are without Lukaku and Barry, the fact is they were very clever in obtaining their services with a view to buy if they are successful. Martinez went out and did the best he could with the funds he had. They've also just got that Monaco striker in on loan, another good bit of business.

Just because i hate Everton it doesn't mean i can't respect them. Even in financial hardship they've brought in three good players on wages alone.

Player for player it us who has the best Squad but player for player it is Everton who are producing the more consistent performances.

I think it will be 2-1 to us and hopefully a win will kick Henry up the arse and get him spending just a little bit of money.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #119: Jan 28, 2014 09:18:22 pm
      Seems to be a pretty clear and resounding "NO"

:)
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #120: Jan 28, 2014 09:18:52 pm
      Thread closed.  :lmao:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #121: Jan 28, 2014 09:20:01 pm
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #122: Jan 28, 2014 09:54:09 pm
      No. lock it up...
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #123: Jan 28, 2014 09:56:35 pm
      Not tonight, Josephine ;-)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #124: Jan 28, 2014 09:56:58 pm
      Are they F**k
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #125: Jan 28, 2014 10:05:03 pm
      That was the easiest game against Everton I can ever remember and there have been a few.....they could drop like a stone now
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #126: Jan 28, 2014 10:06:17 pm
      F**k off
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #127: Jan 28, 2014 10:08:33 pm
      Yeah Everton are better than us!
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #128: Jan 28, 2014 10:11:53 pm
      Everton fans throwing coins at Suarez the classless bas**rds! Always in our shadow you woolyback Welsh fucks.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #129: Jan 28, 2014 10:18:05 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Are they f**k  ;D
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #130: Jan 28, 2014 10:18:44 pm
      I think they need AVB
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #131: Jan 28, 2014 10:21:03 pm
      Should we start calling Everton Wigan from now on?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #132: Jan 28, 2014 10:21:29 pm
      Everton fans throwing coins at Suarez the classless bas**rds! Always in our shadow you woolyback Welsh fucks.
      Do those coins count towards FFP?

LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #133: Jan 28, 2014 10:23:53 pm
      Nope. :D
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #134: Jan 28, 2014 10:25:17 pm
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #135: Jan 28, 2014 10:26:45 pm

No but we  could put them towards our next signing .

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #136: Jan 28, 2014 10:27:11 pm
      We just proved we r a 6 goal better side then them. F**k u Bitters!
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #137: Jan 28, 2014 10:29:20 pm

No, but that's their transfer fund gone!

Quick Reply