Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Saúl Ñíguez (Atlético Madrid)

Read 7236 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Saúl Ñíguez (Atlético Madrid)
      Jan 26, 2014 01:15:51 pm
      Rumour has it that we're after this 19 year old Spanish midfielder. Some rumours have it that we're in advanced talks with his daddy, whereas others claim that we've got to negotiate our way around a €20m buy-out-clause, which by our experience, seems the more likely.

Never seen this kid play, nor have I heard of him before today. Watched a couple YouTube videos of him and he seems fairly decent, but if he's an upgrade on what we've already got, also taking his young age into consideration, then I say we really ought to go for him.

He is currently on loan with Rayo Vallecano, making 18 appearances for them thus far. Has made six appearances for the Spanish U21 team, which as we know, has talent in abundance.

Recently also been linked with Arsenal and the scum. Only a matter of time until Chelsea are in for him
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Re: Saúl Ñíguez (Atlético Madrid)
      Reply #1: Jan 26, 2014 02:38:16 pm
      for people who havent seen him play outside a YT video, he will probably start against his parent club Atletico for Rayo Vallecano. Game starts 18.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #2: Jan 26, 2014 02:45:54 pm
      Wasn't Luis Alberto a spanish U21 with loads of talent etc? Picked up from Barcelona B team?

Admittedly I know nothing of this player, but it seems to me he is something we already have, albeit rarely use. We all know what we need. The next Steven Gerrard. Is this fella likely to fill those boots? I somehow doubt that.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #3: Jan 26, 2014 03:02:14 pm
      Honestly, he is a good player but he isnt a spectacular player YET. he is very like Alberto imo. same styled small touches, keeps moving the ball and i presume he can find the through ball aswell. I wouldnt mind him but he is to similar to alberto in his playing style and i highly doubt he will walk into our first team at once. thats just my opinion tho.

If we are looking for talented spanish youngsters then i hope we rather go Oliver Torres from Atletico, i highly doubt we will because he would cost a bit even if he is younger.
      As it stands now, i hope we look for another player then Saúl. I say recall suso who is a better player then both Saúl and alberto.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #4: Jan 26, 2014 03:24:59 pm
      Honestly, he is a good player but he isnt a spectacular player YET. he is very like Alberto imo. same styled small touches, keeps moving the ball and i presume he can find the through ball aswell. I wouldnt mind him but he is to similar to alberto in his playing style and i highly doubt he will walk into our first team at once. thats just my opinion tho.

If we are looking for talented spanish youngsters then i hope we rather go Oliver Torres from Atletico, i highly doubt we will because he would cost a bit even if he is younger.
      As it stands now, i hope we look for another player then Saúl. I say recall suso who is a better player then both Saúl and alberto.

I think this Saúl Ñíguez kid is much more defensive mind midfielder than the like of Suso and Alberto. From transfermarkt.co.uk and whoscored.com he played most as DM and CB.

PS : Anyone like to kindly tell me where to get the best info/stats for players, please.
             I'm doubt much about accuracy of whoscored.com, such as this Saúl Ñíguez lad they say his Concentration and Discipline
             are very weak but the lad played mainly as DM and CB with strong on Blocking the ball and Ball interception. Question is
             how someone who lacked discipline and concentration will have good blocking and interception ?
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2014 03:46:10 pm by skolRED »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #5: Jan 26, 2014 04:01:27 pm
      Never heard of this kid before but if we offer more than we offered Basel for Salah i'll be f*cking sickened.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #6: Jan 26, 2014 04:24:41 pm
      I think this Saúl Ñíguez kid is much more defensive mind midfielder than the like of Suso and Alberto. From transfermarkt.co.uk and whoscored.com he played most as DM and CB.

PS : Anyone like to kindly tell me where to get the best info/stats for players, please.
             I'm doubt much about accuracy of whoscored.com, such as this Saúl Ñíguez lad they say his Concentration and Discipline
             are very weak but the lad played mainly as DM and CB with strong on Blocking the ball and Ball interception. Question is
             how someone who lacked discipline and concentration will have good blocking and interception ?

he is more defensive minded then suso but comparing his playing style with alberto is spot on imo. have seen him few times and he played in the midfield just passing around the ball and not tackling when chasing. You cant really call that a DM imo but people can see things differently. im just posting my imperssion.

« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2014 04:36:03 pm by Billo »
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #7: Jan 26, 2014 05:07:44 pm
      Anybody got at least a source?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #8: Jan 26, 2014 05:14:52 pm
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #9: Jan 26, 2014 05:19:38 pm

Ahhh, printed all over the Mirror and the media. Watch him become interest of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal now.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #10: Jan 26, 2014 05:26:36 pm
      If we do sign him though, he can have his own motto:

FSG, IN FINANCIAL AND LEGAL TROUBLE?

redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #11: Jan 26, 2014 05:51:35 pm
      if we want him we need to move quickly mr ayre
      neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 26, 2014 06:14:30 pm
      Playing centre half today and according to Balague he says he'll be one of the best midfielders in europe in 2-3 years so that'll pretty much rule us out because we won't pay enough.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #13: Jan 26, 2014 06:37:47 pm
      It would be nice if one day, Rodgers could say to Ayre that he wants X player. Two days later, X player has signed a five year deal with Liverpool. Is that actually possible?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14: Jan 26, 2014 07:52:08 pm
      'Saul rumour
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #15: Jan 26, 2014 07:54:33 pm
      Isn't it illegal to approach/talk to a player/agent without the parent club's consent?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #16: Jan 26, 2014 08:12:46 pm
      If were gonna spend any sort of money on a 19 year old centre mid I'd rather we spent it in a player like Will Hughes than a young Spaniard.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Jan 26, 2014 08:24:03 pm
      All articles I've read so far start by saying Brendan has had a "hush, Hush meeting with his Dad" to see if we can get this kid in. Not really hush, hush if it's splashed across a variety of news articles!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #18: Jan 26, 2014 08:42:19 pm
      All articles I've read so far start by saying Brendan has had a "hush, Hush meeting with his Dad" to see if we can get this kid in. Not really hush, hush if it's splashed across a variety of news articles!

Aye it's being a covert operation so far eh???:-)
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #19: Jan 26, 2014 09:02:52 pm
      Aye it's being a covert operation so far eh???:-)
      Cloak and dagger stuff isn't it .

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20: Jan 26, 2014 10:00:18 pm

Hilarious isn't it mate, like they expect you to believe that crap.

Does give you some comedy images if you let your imagination run away though, like Brendan being smuggled to games to watch the lad. Then when he liked him he got his Dad to dress up as that tranny just to throw a curve ball at them, smart move Brendan, smart move, that kept 'em guessing :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21: Jan 26, 2014 10:16:39 pm
      Should be interesting to see who were doing the spade work for on this fella because Id bet my bollox we wont be signing him
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #22: Jan 27, 2014 01:42:35 am
      http://www.laligablog.com/2014/01/26/liverpool-pull-off-saul-niguez-coup/?

Laligablog reporting just the fee needs agreeing and personal terms have been agreed. No idea of their credibility but I'm holding off my opinion of this lad until we find out if we buy him or not because I hate disappointment.

Quick Reply