Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro)

Read 84503 times
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 597 posts | 20 
      Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro)
      Jan 29, 2014 09:10:32 am
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10603869/Liverpool-hope-to-sign-Yehven-Konoplyanka-from-Dnipro-before-January-transfer-window-closes.html

@TonyBarretTimes : 'Liverpool are attempting to sign Yevhen Konoplyanka from Dnipro.'

2/3 days left, no time for pi££ing about.

In the games against England I sat down to watch Yarmolenko as we were linked with him, but this guy really took my eye. Can operate on either wing but better on the left, gives us options of Sterling, Couinho and Konoplyanka behind SAS, just when I thought my week couldnt get much better.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Yevhen Konoplyanka (Dnipro)
      Reply #1: Jan 29, 2014 09:15:12 am
      If Ian Ayre is involved, I'll hold my breath on this one.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2: Jan 29, 2014 09:16:29 am
      Looks like this could be on.

It's everywhere this morning.

confirmed bid by Barrett for £15 million.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #3: Jan 29, 2014 09:17:50 am
      Hope we get him!

look at his speed when he runs with Johnson...

Evgen Konoplyanka Goal/Skill/Emotion
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #4: Jan 29, 2014 09:18:28 am
      a-hem:

Since Salah is gone we should go in all guns blazing for Konoplyanka.  He's a cracking player who could slot in from day one and do a job for us on the wing.  Apart from being a tricky winger, he's also strong and has good pace, so he wouldn't (hopefully) be a pushover like we've seen with Aspas etc.  Would love to see him here.

just for the record...
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #5: Jan 29, 2014 09:21:35 am
      Times article.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Jan 29, 2014 09:32:01 am
      He's a very talented lad. Could be a big hit or a lightweight flop.

This transfer has a different vibe around it to the others though, looks like this one is a go-er and the club has woken up from it's slumber.

PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #7: Jan 29, 2014 09:37:01 am
      All quotes from @JBcommentator ...

Yevhen Konoplyanka - classic old style winger. Massive improvement in game in last 2 years. Good attitude/good quality on ball/super worker

Lots asking about comparison of Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko. For me, Kono is more suited to England in terms of style and his work ethic.

This LFC fan / journo from eastern europe rates him very highly and on many occasions said he would love if we signed him, and not Yarmolenko @YaroLFC
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #8: Jan 29, 2014 09:42:17 am
      Like most on here (I'd imagine) my first note of this lad came in the Euros and like Paul in the opening post, I was looking to see how Yarmolenko fared but Konoplyanka left more of an impression on me.

I don't know much more about him other than the little I seen then but he certainly seems to fit the profile of what Brendan has been after in the past two windows. Fast, technically gifted, left-sided forward who can play anywhere across the front three. Remember Brendan said words to the effect that he wanted to move Coutinho into a more central role but needed a good left-sided attacker to make that happen? Well this lad seems to fit the bill.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #9: Jan 29, 2014 09:48:47 am
      All quotes from @JBcommentator ...

Yevhen Konoplyanka - classic old style winger. Massive improvement in game in last 2 years. Good attitude/good quality on ball/super worker

Lots asking about comparison of Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko. For me, Kono is more suited to England in terms of style and his work ethic.

This LFC fan / journo from eastern europe rates him very highly and on many occasions said he would love if we signed him, and not Yarmolenko @YaroLFC

I had a good look at both players in the summer when i'm pretty sure we were linked with both lads. I was more impressed with Konoplyanka from what I saw of the player, he is quicker, lower centre of gravity, not quite so many tricks and skills but a more direct player who looks suited to the EPL. Like most on here I still think we need to sign a combative all-rounder to play int he middle of the park but I would be excited if we could get this lad, more so than I would have been with Salah. Hopefully the club can get this done and then perhaps there be enough time to add a bit of strength of depth for the middle of the park.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #10: Jan 29, 2014 09:50:45 am
      Certainly be interesting trying to fit Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez and this lad in the same lineup... Like others I hadn't heard of him before last year but he was the most impressive out of Ukraine's players in the England game. Not seen anything else of him apart from youtube.

The article suggests we didn't value Salah as highly as we do this guy (if reports of a 15m bid are true), so I wonder why Konoplyanka was a secondary target?

As others have said, he's not the type of player I'd think should be our priority, an all rounder CM or a fullback is more pressing an issue for me, but more options in the attacking third is no bad thing.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #11: Jan 29, 2014 10:23:08 am
      Oh yeah, Konoplyanka now and get his national team mate Yarmolenko in the summer to replace Moses & Assaidi !!
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #12: Jan 29, 2014 10:38:17 am
      Really really hope we get him! Rodgers said that we are interested in 1 or 2 bits of business after we smashed the blues last night (still grinning about that) so I hope this is our guy and we sign a CDM!

Not so fussed about Full backs because Flanno played brilliantly again, Cissokho actually defended quite well he's just a spoon with the ball and Kelly is okay to get us through to the summer!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #13: Jan 29, 2014 10:40:36 am
      The article suggests we didn't value Salah as highly as we do this guy (if reports of a 15m bid are true), so I wonder why Konoplyanka was a secondary target?

Exactly mate....we are not prepared to pay £15m for our primary target (Salah) but will pay more for our supposed secondary target.

The crazy world of how LFC conduct transfers.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #14: Jan 29, 2014 10:47:14 am
      Exactly mate....we are not prepared to pay £15m for our primary target (Salah) but will pay more for our supposed secondary target.

The crazy world of how LFC conduct transfers.

Maybe Salah wasn't? Maybe we have been talking to Konoplyanka's people for a while and sorting a fee out and that Salah was the back up but his people or Basel leaked it to attract more interest and hike the price, and when they did we backed away.

I'm certainly not defending how we act in certain transfers but I take with a pinch of salt where information comes from and to who's benefit it is to leak that information.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #15: Jan 29, 2014 10:50:07 am
      Maybe Salah wasn't? Maybe we have been talking to Konoplyanka's people for a while and sorting a fee out and that Salah was the back up but his people or Basel leaked it to attract more interest and hike the price, and when they did we backed away.

I'm certainly not defending how we act in certain transfers but I take with a pinch of salt where information comes from and to who's benefit it is to leak that information.

Of course you may be right.

I dont believe that to be the case but just my thoughts on the matter.

Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #16: Jan 29, 2014 10:52:55 am
      Let's keep it quiet, just in case Chelsea or City or Spurs nick him! Mums the word.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17: Jan 29, 2014 10:53:39 am
      Of course you may be right.

I dont believe that to be the case but just my thoughts on the matter.

It just makes no sense that as you say we are willing to pay more for someone we don't rate as highly if you believe what's out there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18: Jan 29, 2014 10:55:50 am
      Think we have other areas of the team that should be improved rather than sign this guy. But if he does well then all good.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19: Jan 29, 2014 11:06:10 am
      Loved this guy in the Euro games and watched a few of Dnipro's Europa League games and he looked as much a quality player as most in the competition. 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 group games. He also has 5 goals and 3 assists in 12 league starts. Can't deny that he produces the goods.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #20: Jan 29, 2014 11:10:21 am

Telegraph, Sky Sports etc. suggesting that we where set to make our move for him next Summer when his contract had run down, but missing out on Salah has led to us making a move in January.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21: Jan 29, 2014 11:12:16 am
      Interesting take on things Jon... certainly not one I'd thought of.

Just imagine if Basel had accepted our first offer: we'd have ended up with our "back-up" as first pick. Either way: it's one dodgy way of doing any deals mate. It flies in the face of all know protocol in transfers but hey, who knows with this lot.

Nice to see you back mate.

Telegraph, Sky Sports etc. suggesting that we where set to make our move for him next Summer when his contract had run down, but missing out on Salah has led to us making a move in January.
      Now this makes sense, of the 'move' for the lad, on every level.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #22: Jan 29, 2014 11:15:26 am
      Personally I would prefer a move for Yarmolenko as I think he has more of an end product that Konoplyanka and is looking brilliant this season.

But if it's between Tom Ince and Konoplyanka give me Konoplyanka all day long!

Quick Reply