Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM v Arsenal?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      40 (20.3%)
      Jon Flanagan
      7 (3.6%)
      Aly Cissokho
      1 (0.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1%)
      Raheem Sterling
      98 (49.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      37 (18.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      7 (3.6%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Iago Aspas
      3 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2014 02:43:41 pm

Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal: In Game and Post Game Celebration!

Read 33505 times
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Re: Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal: In Game and Post Game Celebration!
      Reply #598: Feb 09, 2014 03:47:15 am
      Just watching the highlights and I still don't think Coutinho got the credit he deserved in the game. Some of his play was mesmerising but the closing down and steel to his game surprised me a little. Knew he was never afraid of a challenge and backed himself in any 50/50 but to go seeking out the challenges really impressed me today.

Coutinho 21
      Sterling 19
      Sturridge 24
      Suarez 27 (only just turned)

That front 4 could really etch themselves into the history books if they all stay fit and decide to stay with us.

Absolute blinder from Coutinho. He's gonna be so huge for us in the coming years.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #599: Feb 09, 2014 04:32:38 am
      I gave my MOTM to Coutinho - as much for the way he played when he didn't have the ball as when he did.

I really like the way that BR has modified the way we play against certain teams, making the most of an incredible work rate to close down and harry the player on the ball, so that when we get it we use the skill and pace we possess in the front 4/5 to cut teams apart.  We are playing some great stuff with players injured as well - Johnson, Agger, Sakho and Jose is as strong overall as the 4 who played today (who were outstanding I thought).

I think that while we all want to see the Gerrard of 4 or 5 years ago bursting forward, penalty apart I thought he was also very good today, picking up an awful lot around the edge of our box and being disciplined enough to allow the younger legs to cause the damage at the other end.  Hendo was also impressive I thought - the lad never stops and has developed no end becoming very important in how we set up to play.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #600: Feb 09, 2014 06:43:03 am
      I also gave MOTM to Coutinho,I thought he had a fantastic game and his ball control is excellent. I have watched the full match twice and lost count of the number of times I have watched the hi-lights. Well done REDS for a superb performance. :kop5cf8koxp6:
        I see Ray Clemence was in the KOP , what a goalie Ray was when he played for us and England.
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2014 06:53:55 am by Billy1 »
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #601: Feb 09, 2014 07:53:26 am
      I gave my MOTM to Coutinho - as much for the way he played when he didn't have the ball as when he did.

I really like the way that BR has modified the way we play against certain teams, making the most of an incredible work rate to close down and harry the player on the ball, so that when we get it we use the skill and pace we possess in the front 4/5 to cut teams apart.  We are playing some great stuff with players injured as well - Johnson, Agger, Sakho and Jose is as strong overall as the 4 who played today (who were outstanding I thought).

I think that while we all want to see the Gerrard of 4 or 5 years ago bursting forward, penalty apart I thought he was also very good today, picking up an awful lot around the edge of our box and being disciplined enough to allow the younger legs to cause the damage at the other end.  Hendo was also impressive I thought - the lad never stops and has developed no end becoming very important in how we set up to play.

I gave my MOTM to Raheem, but was thinking of Phillippe too
       he was brilliant yesterday in his midfield role, he did not let wilshire alone , when not in possession, AND Magnificent with the ball , with his dribbles and precise passing

YNWA

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #602: Feb 09, 2014 07:57:28 am
      Just watched MOTD again this morning with my little boy and for once he was still ,quiet,and like me gobsmacked.
      Phil was my MOTM,just sublime.

Come on lads more of the same against Fulham .
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #603: Feb 09, 2014 08:33:06 am
      Absolutely brilliant result and performance. Complete domination of the league leaders which makes this overall far better than the Everton game.

I really hope Brendan is gearing himself and the lads up for a potentially historic run in. 14 games is all we have to worry about this season, win them and the league should be ours. This result is far more than the win, it'll change the way other teams look at us and how they prepare.

I always felt this season was an opportunity, with all our competitors bar Arsenal starting with new managers, to challenge for the league. It's the managers who take the opportunity that propel themselves and are elevated. I don't care how good the other squads are, we are now talking about 14 games, no CL and a confident bunch of players. Let's just look at the manu squad which walked the league last year, that was the manager cajoling, snarling and fighting his way through, add a bit more of that and we might just do it.

Brendan is doing a very well this season l and we know since his arrival he has been learning on the job, but it's the confidence he will have built up this season which should allow him to believe he belongs. So no more talkshite appearances and time to dedicate all his time increasing the team spirit and confidence of the players.   
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #604: Feb 09, 2014 08:36:42 am
      Every team needs a Brazilian. My love for Coutinho has no bounds. His movement, dribbling, passing, flair...my god I could watch him all day. He is such a beautiful player to watch. He doesn't run, he glides. Superb!

If he doesn't get to go to the World Cup then no one deserves to go. He is sublime!!

Who can you fault today? No one. I'm usually an uncontrollable lunatic when we're winning (or losing too, i guess) but I was stunned in to silence and awe in that first half. Mesmerising.

Sterling was my MOTM but it could of gone to anyone. Skrtel (how about the balls on this fella? He was half way out of the club and now our best defender!) Coutinho, Sturridge, Flanno, Kolo, Suarez and of course probably the most underrated performance you will ever see from our F***ing amazing captain. He was a monster! A F***ing colossus in midfield whenever they got forward. I think I read he made TEN interceptions and SEVEN tackles. F**k me.

Unbelievable. I found the full match replay online and watched it twice since. Replay on tv in around three hours and ill be watching that too.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #605: Feb 09, 2014 10:26:42 am
      Think we've stuck 45 goals in at Anfield this year. I'd be interested to know how many we've scored up The Annie Road end. Seems like we are always scoring there.

Yesterday was awesome and topped off by the picture of Arsene Wenger falling on his arse at Lime Street Station.

If you'd asked me at the end of last season then I'd have told you that Flanagan and Sterling won't cut it at the the top level. How wrong was I? Sterling has now cemented himself a place in the team and will get even better and Flanno has got me thinking that it may be time to cash in on Johnson - I'd be very disappointed if Johnson walked back into the side when fit.

Beat Fulham on Wednesday and I'll be talking about us being in a title race again.

Mad season that's got plenty of time to get even madder.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #606: Feb 09, 2014 10:40:12 am
      FROME SOME ARSENAL PUNDIT EXPERT...

Now, I know I bang on about this all the time and it irritates people, but there was a clear lack of energy in that game yesterday. This isn’t the first time we’ve suffered in a game because of a lack of pace and energy on the pitch. Liverpool came at us like a freight train yesterday, we weren’t just beaten, we were smashed to pieces. I almost had to hide behind the sofa. They had so much more pace about their game than we did. Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez, Flannagan and Henderson were all one step ahead of us.

Full article if you want a perspective from our opposition....http://le-grove.co.uk/2014/02/09/disgraceful-showing-at-anfield-kills-title-aspirations/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=disgraceful-showing-at-anfield-kills-title-aspirations
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #607: Feb 09, 2014 11:34:27 am
      The latest big game won at home, we came at them from the off as I expected, and it was sweet revenge for the result earlier in the season, and arguably last season too.

I was at a do with Jan Molby last season, he said that when he was playing, we would win the game in the first half hour and then go through the motions. Would have liked a couple more goals, but I'm probably just greedy. :)

Just 6 points to retrieve from 39. Many people tell us that we can't win the league. Then again, most of them were not in Istanbul. Maintain the gap to the leaders in midweek, then set about regaining more ground when the league resumes.
      Kop93
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #608: Feb 09, 2014 12:15:42 pm
      fivecups
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #609: Feb 09, 2014 12:27:25 pm
      He may not be mate, don't want him getting a bad rep before he starts :)

Yes S@int, good to see the Newkit rep preceeds me!!  ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #610: Feb 09, 2014 12:29:09 pm
      At least quite a few of the other players are chipping in with goals now, so no one can label us as a one man team. After yesterday's performance scoring 5 goals without Suarez getting on the score sheet, this must rank as a true all round effort from a rapidly improving team and 4th spot well within grasp.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #611: Feb 09, 2014 12:31:01 pm
      Happy as a horny dog here. The team, from Brendan right through to Simon, were awesome and deserve praise. We smashed them from the off and in every area - it's great being a Red.

Skrtel my Man of The Match - not least for the fact I'd a fiver on him for 1st goal at 33s.  ;D
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #612: Feb 09, 2014 01:01:55 pm
      Just popping in to say that yesterday was a F***ing good day because of that performance. Gave my MOTM to Coutinho. Every one of our lads played a hell of a game from Sterling to Cissokho. Quality stuff.

Anfield is well a truly a fortress.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #613: Feb 09, 2014 01:04:17 pm
      Happy as a horny dog here. The team, from Brendan right through to Simon, were awesome and deserve praise. We smashed them from the off and in every area - it's great being a Red.

Skrtel my Man of The Match - not least for the fact I'd a fiver on him for 1st goal at 33s.  ;D

Happy as a horny dog with two dicks I should think!! The Reds disassembling Arse and better off by 165 F***ing quid, I'd be too pissed to know what to do with all the genitalia mate.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #614: Feb 09, 2014 01:05:21 pm

33/1 and had to wait a whole 2 minutes to collect :D

Very nice mate.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #615: Feb 09, 2014 01:06:54 pm
      Every team needs a Brazilian. My love for Coutinho has no bounds. His movement, dribbling, passing, flair...my god I could watch him all day. He is such a beautiful player to watch. He doesn't run, he glides. Superb!

If he doesn't get to go to the World Cup then no one deserves to go. He is sublime!!

Who can you fault today? No one. I'm usually an uncontrollable lunatic when we're winning (or losing too, i guess) but I was stunned in to silence and awe in that first half. Mesmerising.

Sterling was my MOTM but it could of gone to anyone. Skrtel (how about the balls on this fella? He was half way out of the club and now our best defender!) Coutinho, Sturridge, Flanno, Kolo, Suarez and of course probably the most underrated performance you will ever see from our F***ing amazing captain. He was a monster! A F***ing colossus in midfield whenever they got forward. I think I read he made TEN interceptions and SEVEN tackles. F**k me.

Unbelievable. I found the full match replay online and watched it twice since. Replay on tv in around three hours and ill be watching that too.

I was gobsmacked when he just waltzed past I think it was 4 arsenal players and then played the most beautifully weighted pass to Henderson. A stunning piece of skill and vision. I literally sat there with my mouth open before laughing at how outrageous it was.

I don't think anyone had a bad performance, and it was even better when I watched it again.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #616: Feb 09, 2014 01:13:33 pm
      I was gobsmacked when he just waltzed past I think it was 4 arsenal players and then played the most beautifully weighted pass to Henderson. A stunning piece of skill and vision. I literally sat there with my mouth open before laughing at how outrageous it was.

I don't think anyone had a bad performance, and it was even better when I watched it again.

Such a shame Hendo couldn't finish it so then we could see that piece of skill more, it was outrageous.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #617: Feb 09, 2014 01:18:01 pm
      Such a shame Hendo couldn't finish it so then we could see that piece of skill more, it was outrageous.

I've watched it a dozen times or more by now, and I still can't work out how he did it. I know it was quick feet and a couple of body swerves but saying it like that really doesn't do it justice and nor does it fully explain it.
      If he had a bit more pace he'd be perfect, but that's just being picky ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #618: Feb 09, 2014 01:21:02 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #619: Feb 09, 2014 01:22:02 pm

That unbelievable skill deserves watching over and over, sublime doesn't do it justice.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #620: Feb 09, 2014 01:32:12 pm
      Agreed; he was majestic. In fact the only thing missing from his game yesterday was a goal - put the chance, Hendo created for him, either side of Szczesny and the icing was on the cake big style. Are we being too greedy?  ;D

Quick Reply