Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match:

01 Jones
      1 (1%)
      38 Flanagan
      1 (1%)
      20 Cissokho*
      0 (0%)
      08 Gerrard
      31 (30.4%)
      37 Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      05 Agger
      0 (0%)
      24 Allen
      0 (0%)
      10 Coutinho
      1 (1%)
      15 Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      07 Suarez
      18 (17.6%)
      31 Sterling
      49 (48%)
      14 Henderson (Sub*)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Arsenal 2:1 Liverpool (FA Cup) In game & post match debate.

Read 30000 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Arsenal 2:1 Liverpool (FA Cup) In game & post match debate.
      Reply #529: Feb 16, 2014 11:28:09 pm
      3 huge results have been cost there, especially the City one!!

Tell me about it. Seeing that photo caption from the City game sickens me. I feel sorry for that linesman for being so poor at his job!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #530: Feb 16, 2014 11:28:37 pm
      Missed the game and the highlights and gutted to get knocked out.

I hear Webb has been sh*te in one of our games yet again.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #531: Feb 17, 2014 12:31:02 am
      I think the reason why Luis didn't get the Pen is because he leaned into the OX too early and gave the impression he was already going to ground.
      Think Webb was wrong but can see why he doubted.
      We lost because of ourselves not because of Arsenals play.
      That is very frustrating though on the positive side, now we ONLY have the perm to worry about.
      1st 11 every game and no excuses for lack of energy or focus.
      We have to get 3rd at the very least.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #532: Feb 17, 2014 12:31:53 am
      Quote from: beerbelly
      I don't think there is any chance of complacency happening next week against Swansea. Hopefully we'll bounce back and rip 'em a new one.

YNWA.

And we'll still be out of the Cup.

Howard Webb will go onto ref later rounds and have the opportunity to correct his errors. We get no such chance. So we just have 12 competitive games until August.

It's the 7th successive loss in a game reffed by him, and I'm sure we'll be talking about his incompetence again in due course. But I find it odd that he rarely referees a game at Anfield.

25 years on from 1989, we should still be in the Cup. Let's hope we stay in the title race a good bit longer.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #533: Feb 17, 2014 12:51:38 am
      Suarez really ought not to exaggerate every challenge. He overreacted, although that was 100% a penalty. Howard Webb knew it.
      then he should be fired for not giving the penalty.
      MiG
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #534: Feb 17, 2014 12:53:40 am
      my first match live at the stadium. kinda sad we lost 2-1. What a chance studge had, should've shot it first time *after SG's penalty.
      I have a question tho', what is the purpose of the red smoke? haha twice Ive seen it. :) Im still newbie.
      YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #535: Feb 17, 2014 12:54:25 am
      At least we showed we can do it away from home. Remember the dire performances, second half, in our first eight games or so. What a turnaround that has been. Pleased with the performance, had the chances to have it wrapped up by halftime. Had more opportunities to score than them, just didn't happen. Chambelains goal, he dragged Agger back as he started his run, so was always gonna get in front of him. Should have been a free kick to us. Poor reefing cost us this game, we were so on top for most of it, if the ref gets it right, we win, simple as that.
      Few million pounds lost there, from our summer transfer kitty, due to one individuals mistake or cheating. He should be held responsible. Who's to say we couldn't have gone all the way, but for Webb. Think if I performed my job, that far below the standard expected, I'd  certainly be down the road next week.
      Now lets go on and claim 3rd, and see the Arse struggle with the spuds and bitters for 4th.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Live: Arsenal vs Liverpool (FA Cup)
      Reply #536: Feb 17, 2014 12:56:15 am
      I'm an overseas fan and I'm more offended by the stupidity of your post than his. I have no idea what point you are trying to make.
      Sorry you missed his earlier post when he said foreign fans are gloryhunters.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Live: Arsenal vs Liverpool (FA Cup)
      Reply #537: Feb 17, 2014 12:59:26 am
      F**k OFF ARSENAL YOUR SUPPORT IS FULL OF FOREIGNERS, F***ing GLORYHUNTERS.

F**k OFF, YOU WILL STILL WIN F**k ALL THIS SEASON!

WEBB YOU FAT, BALDY, SNITCHING, SOUTH YORKSHIRE tw*t!

F**k OFF!
      not all overseas fans are gloryhunters.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #538: Feb 17, 2014 01:05:49 am
      At least we showed we can do it away from home. Remember the dire performances, second half, in our first eight games or so. What a turnaround that has been. Pleased with the performance, had the chances to have it wrapped up by halftime. Had more opportunities to score than them, just didn't happen. Chambelains goal, he dragged Agger back as he started his run, so was always gonna get in front of him. Should have been a free kick to us. Poor reefing cost us this game, we were so on top for most of it, if the ref gets it right, we win, simple as that.
      Few million pounds lost there, from our summer transfer kitty, due to one individuals mistake or cheating. He should be held responsible. Who's to say we couldn't have gone all the way, but for Webb. Think if I performed my job, that far below the standard expected, I'd  certainly be down the road next week.
      Now lets go on and claim 3rd, and see the Arse struggle with the spuds and bitters for 4th.

Please learn how to use paragraphs.
      You make great points but it must be lost to most posters by the lack of breaks in your posts.
      I love your opinions. Always thought provoking.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #539: Feb 17, 2014 01:10:55 am
      fk that.  Lets win the league!  Now we have no FA cup or Europe to worry about, 4 points behind is nothing with 12 games left! If today's result should make us play relentless in the league.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #540: Feb 17, 2014 01:20:58 am
      fk that.  Lets win the league!  Now we have no FA cup or Europe to worry about, 4 points behind is nothing with 12 games left! If today's result should make us play relentless in the league.

For once i totally agree with you.
      No excuse why top 4 should not be the least we are aiming for.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #541: Feb 17, 2014 01:31:19 am
      Talking about being robbed, at least Dick Turpin wore a f***in mask !

Highlights of tonight's match will be shown on crimewatch, bbc 1, 10.25

Oh and Howard is a fat fascist b***ard !

YNWA
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #542: Feb 17, 2014 02:11:41 am
      During his last couple of matches officiating us, I thought Howard "knobhead" Webb actually turned a corner and started calling in straight in our matches.
      Oh how wrong I was.
      Let's get over this disappointment fast and bounce back.  Really hope Everton knock these lot out this :
      @goonergurl20: We're just a bunch of Arsenal fans here. Mostly all Liverpool fans. That goal put them in their place. Fuckers.
      @goonergurl20: Score via a penalty and they behave like they've won the league. Heh.
      @goonergurl20: Liverpool fans right now: "Was just an FA Cup game"
      bi*ch, hope you win nothing, I tell ya nothing.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #543: Feb 17, 2014 07:06:28 am
       I am still fuming that bad referee decisions have cost us. I think it is time that an independent panel (all L.F.C.Fans) was set up to review all Liverpool matches refereed by Webb. :f_steam:
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #544: Feb 17, 2014 08:10:00 am
      Just watched the decisions again - I thought the 2nd one was more of a pen than the 1st.  If he doesn't give it, then surely he should have booked Luis.  Very poor refereeing, from our supposed top man (if the FA and FIFA are to be believed).

At least we went down with a fight, and have again shown that we do have a certain amount of character.  One game a week has to be a big advantage for the run in, and we need to make it count.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #545: Feb 17, 2014 08:23:56 am
      Missed the game as suddenly fell ill beforehand. Annoyed at the result.

Only one thing I will say - if, given the choice at KO, of having to lose only one game between now and the end of the season - then I would probably have chosen this one if it cements our chance of making a run for the title
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #546: Feb 17, 2014 08:36:10 am
      Should give us even greater motivation to finish above them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #547: Feb 17, 2014 09:30:32 am
      I'm a manager for a bank, and it's very much a target environment.

All I ask from my team is commitment and 100% effort.

That's what liverpool did yesterday, 100% effort and commitment. On another day where we are more clinical we would of won that game.

Really should take confidence from that and charge up the league. It's nice to have a reality check and we will want to put things right!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #548: Feb 17, 2014 09:33:11 am
      My ratings:

Jones: Infuriatingly opted to tip over rather than catch an easy ball early on, seconds later we were 1-0 down. Otherwise solid enough. 6/10.

Flanno: Still not quite at his best, and his rash challenge led to the first goal. Love him I do, but he ain't going to keep a fit Johnson out of the team as some have said he will 6/10.

Cissokho: Usual self. Solid enough at the back but brutal in possession, 6/10.

Agger: a vast improvement on Toure, but spends a bit more time bleating to the ref than I like in my centre halves ideally. That said, a fabulous footballer and I think he played a huge role in freeing up Gerrard as Arsenal had to close him down also. 7/10.

Skrtel: Solid again, and Martin has become one of my players of our season as time has gone on. A real good pro. 7/10.

Gerrard: Magnificent again with some wonderful passing, a cool spot kick and did his job defensively excellently. Was a crucial factor in us dominating the game. Obviously should have been sent off, but by then Webb had completely lost the plot. 9/10.

Allen: Bitterly disappointing on the day aside from one or two neat little passes. Sooner or later Joe is going to have to start to believe in himself or he'll be gone. 5/10.

Coutinho: one or two trademark moments of magic from Phillipe, caused them plenty of problems on the ball. 7/10.

Sterling: a magnificent performance from the youngster, in both positions he played in. He is improving week by week, and hi pace is absolutely frightening. Once or twice just chose the wrong option but 19 year olds do that, not just in football but in life. Going to be a top-top player in anyone's language 8/10.

Suarez: goes without saying that he was brilliant, even though he wasn't at his best. Should obviously have got the second penalty which would IMHO have seen us go on to win the game (Arsenal would have grown caution to the wind to avoid a replay). A truly fabulous footballer, who can have just an average day and still be a 8/10.

Sturridge: blistering pace and acute awareness got him in, but unfortunately for the first time in ages he didn't convert. I'm not going to criticise him though, I love him as a footballer and before the end of the season we'll be seeing the dance many more times 7/10.

The boss: anybody who watched that game could not possibly deny that we are currently a better team than Arsenal. Considering that we got banjoed there earlier in the season, it just shows how much we have improved in recent weeks. The boss is doing a fantastic job, and he did here too 9/10.

Webb: What a pr!ck. 1/10
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #549: Feb 17, 2014 09:37:27 am
      What an absolute joke Howard Webb is. Whenever he referees one of our games we are always talking about a very controversial moment. He should not be allowed to referee a Liverpool fixture.

At the top of my mind, Gerrard should have been off, Podolski should have had about 5 yellows and he didn't even get one, Monreal should have had a straight red for his stamp on Allen...it was clumsy without intent but it doesn't matter it could have been an ankle break regardless of any intent, and Webb not giving the suarez penalty I was speechless for about ten minutes I just couldn't believe it.

I love Luis, but maybe if he just naturally fell over the penalty may have been given. Watching the replay he rolls over about ten times and makes the most of it. It doesn't really matter what Luis does though, if he gets clattered and the opposing player is nowhere near the ball then its a penalty, Luis can do cartwheels and whatever other gymnastics he wants to after that for all I care. It was a blatant penalty.

I understand people saying it could be a blessing in disguise if it means our title dreams become more of a reality now but realistically we had a great chance of winning this. Most of the big boys were already out, we should have put arsenal out and then we had a great opportunity to put everton out at Anfield. I'm gutted.

Howard F***ing webb.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #550: Feb 17, 2014 09:56:18 am
      The only thing that counts in football is the result. We lost. So not a good result.

Arsenal played with far more desire and committment than the last game, and neither could we match the intensity, energy and finishing that demolished them. We should probably have scored at least one goal from open play, and were denied a clear penalty. Sadly, our ongoing defensive frailties cost us the game.

Jones (6). He is a bit more confident in coming to claim the ball than Mignolet, but then most goalkeepers are. Still nothing more than an understudy.

Flanno (6). The speed of movement of the opposition caused him problems at times, but we attacked more than Arsenal overall, so it wasn't too uncomfortable for him.

Skrtel (6). Must be happy to see his old pal Agger next to him, instead of Toure's fat arse and bug-eyed "oh no!" expression. Will be disappointed to concede two goals, especially the set-piece nerves and his slight misjudgements.

Agger (6). Little bit slow at reading movement at times, and would have preferred an easier introduction than the very dangerous Oxlade-Chamberlain. Great to see him back, but can improve.

Cissokho (5). Did OK defensively, but still doesn't look anything like a footballer.

Gerrard (7). Some tasty challenges, another goal, and delivered some marvellous passes. Another quality display, although his tackles are still rash at times.

Allen (3). I can't wait until we sell this divvy back to some Welsh club. Offers F**k all and handed Arsenal the initiative in the middle. Awful player.

Sterling (7). Another good display, full of desire, intent and positive running. I hope he can add more goals and a better final ball to his game, because he's got everything else. Lovely stuff from Raheem.

Coutinho (6). Not really at his very best, and we missed his full array of passing, but got stuck in and worked hard.

Strurridge (6). Not his day. On his day, he'd have scored a hat-trick.

Suarez (7). Most dangerous player on the pitch, constant threat and should have had far more given in his favour. Sadly for us, Howard Webb is a cheating, Manc c**t.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #551: Feb 17, 2014 11:28:59 am
      Just go and finish above the cu*ts now.

Terrible officiating costing us in a big game again.

That's City, Chelsea (In the league) and now Arsenal in the Cup.
      Games decided by small margins, games where poor officiating standards cost LFC.

Quick Reply