Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Swansea?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      4 (2.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.6%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      87 (56.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      43 (27.9%)
      Luis Suarez
      8 (5.2%)
      Raheem Sterling
      3 (1.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.6%)
      Joe Allen
      7 (4.5%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Voting closed: Mar 01, 2014 03:36:59 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Swansea: In Game Chat and Post Match Defibrillation

Read 34519 times
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Swansea: In Game Chat and Post Match Defibrillation
      Reply #644: Feb 23, 2014 06:20:26 pm
      Woah! Hold your horses! The fine margins dictate that had we not scored that 4th you wouldn't be posting this. It's a ridiculous league and to assume that it's all over is just plain silly.

Besides if there's one thing I don't like about the Champions League it's the pathetic tradition that teams have to line up to a bastardised and corporatised version of Zadok the Priest.

Party pooper.

Liven up a wins a win not matter how ugly it is.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #645: Feb 23, 2014 06:22:08 pm
      Party pooper.

Liven up a wins a win not matter how ugly it is.

Not a party pooper. Just guarding against complacency!
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #646: Feb 23, 2014 06:23:32 pm
      Not a party pooper. Just guarding against complacency!

I'm celebrating early.

If we fail to secure a Champions League place I'll give you my permission to laugh at me.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #647: Feb 23, 2014 06:24:47 pm
      I was just trying to suss out whether you knew something we didn't or if it was just some imaginary situation that you dreamt up.
      You were not asking me just out of genuine curiosity, you asked me in a smart ass kind of way so I felt inclined to reply to you in kind. Only now you're not satisfied with my reply judging my your 'dreamed up' comment. 

Give us a shout when you get back from Narnia.
      I'm sure that's a back handed comment but it went right over my head. 
      « Last Edit: Feb 23, 2014 06:49:15 pm by Rush »
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #648: Feb 23, 2014 06:29:38 pm
      Spurs lost, for anyone that doesn't know. That gives us some breathing room.

Which makes today's victory a HUGE 3 points!! :)

Closer to 1st than 5th now.

Time to look upwards!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #649: Feb 23, 2014 06:32:40 pm
      We need to go into it with the same attitude we had at White Hart Lane. Treat it as a massive game, be totally up for it from the first minute and we can beat them.

It is a Massive game, as was today's and every one left for all that matter

Just concentration on a game at a time basis, hopfully will do it

some points will be lost by every team  down the road, just hoping we will be up to it and lose less than the others

YNWA
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #650: Feb 23, 2014 06:35:29 pm
      It is a Massive game, as was today's and every one left for all that matter

Just concentration on a game at a time basis, hopfully will do it

some points will be lost by every team  down the road, just hoping we will be up to it and lose less than the others

YNWA

Need the fans to be in full voice for 90 minutes and not like a funeral service like today. I got offered a ticket but I have to catch the ferry to Dublin to see me mar so I can't make it.

Give the squad some confidence.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #651: Feb 23, 2014 06:44:52 pm
      When we're 7 points clear and about to kick off our second last game, you crazy f**ker! :D

Since when do we do things easy? Ain't over until its over.

Well said Crouchie, I seem to remember the best manager England never had being on holiday in isles of Scilly when his team (Derby County) won the old first division, now that was easy!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #652: Feb 23, 2014 06:51:45 pm
      Date: 25th May 2005
      Time: 20:30

AC Milan believe they have all be won the Champions League Final.

2 hours later, they had not.

Enjoy the win today, but I urge you not to get carried away.

Even if we finish 4th, we still have to qualify for the group stages, or do I have to tell you about a small provincial team who thought they had qualified for the 2006 Champions League Group stages.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #653: Feb 23, 2014 06:55:36 pm
      I'm celebrating early.

If we fail to secure a Champions League place I'll give you my permission to laugh at me.

Well don't.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #654: Feb 23, 2014 06:55:46 pm
      Date: 25th May 2005
      Time: 20:30

AC Milan believe they have all be won the Champions League Final.

2 hours later, they had not.

Enjoy the win today, but I urge you not to get carried away.

Even if we finish 4th, we still have to qualify for the group stages, or do I have to tell you about a small provincial team who thought they had qualified for the 2006 Champions League Group stages.

This.

For fucks sake lads, don't get carried away.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #655: Feb 23, 2014 07:07:57 pm
      We're only 6 points (7 including GD) above Spurs with ys still yet to play them, Chelsea, City and United. Celebrating early is stupid and arrogant! Like others have said, even if we do get 4th it doesn't guarantee us a place in the group stage. Until its mathematically impossible I shall be keeping my feet firmly on the ground and cheering only when we pick up 3 points. 1 step at a time people!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #656: Feb 23, 2014 07:11:17 pm
      listened to the game on the radio, despite our defence making life hard for the rest of the side, it seems the way the goals are going in, with Spurs and Everton losing. It is very much in the defence's hands if we qualify for the champion's league. I only hope our attack does not hit a barren run, if so, then we will struggle to qualify.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #657: Feb 23, 2014 07:17:48 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #658: Feb 23, 2014 07:21:17 pm
      listened to the game on the radio, despite our defence making life hard for the rest of the side, it seems the way the goals are going in, with Spurs and Everton losing. It is very much in the defence's hands if we qualify for the champion's league. I only hope our attack does not hit a barren run, if so, then we will struggle to qualify.

For a man who is extremely superstitious and doesn't like to jinx anything, one thing i can say with real conviction is that i have more chance of signing for Liverpool than us going on a barren run in front of goal.

It's scary how good our attack is. We were bloody sh*te today and still put 4 in.

IF our defence keeps a clean sheet this decade we may still have a chance to win the league.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #659: Feb 23, 2014 07:25:43 pm
      A clean sheet seems to be a thing of the past, how things have changed, the old Liverpool guard will be shaking their heads, in disbelief the way the present defence is playing.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #660: Feb 23, 2014 07:41:13 pm
      A clean sheet seems to be a thing of the past, how things have changed, the old Liverpool guard will be shaking their heads, in disbelief the way the present defence is playing.

This ^^^

and to be honest don't see Mignolet confident enough and guiding the back 4 ,  the back 4 and the keeper goes in panic mood when pressed

YNWA
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #661: Feb 23, 2014 07:52:57 pm
      This ^^^

and to be honest don't see Mignolet confident enough and guiding the back 4 ,  the back 4 and the keeper goes in panic mood when pressed

YNWA

I could not agree more
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #662: Feb 23, 2014 08:08:34 pm
      Now we have 3 back to back AWAY games, (as the home game against sunderland on 10th march is posponed),  southampton, mancs and cardiff

6/7 points from these are a must , I think

YNWA

Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #663: Feb 23, 2014 08:09:50 pm
      Just got back. The mood in the anny road end was incredibly negative, we have to learn how to support the team. I thought I was a pessimist btu some of the guys around me we saying we were going to lose when we were in injury time...it doesn't help.

2 things;

1)Allen when he came on was superb
      2) Brendan please introduce our back 5 to each other because they were F***ing atrocious.
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #664: Feb 23, 2014 08:34:15 pm
      Another win and another 3 points on the board. It's victorys like this and Fulham that will win us the league, not the thumpings of Arsenal. Building our mentality with wins like today.

Get in lads, we're gonna win the league...
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #665: Feb 23, 2014 08:52:13 pm

Its not really just a defensive issue though, Brendan is a front foot manager.. Look at how he sets us up, look at the players overall he has signed here.. Look at what he inherited..

We essentially attack as a unit, as a team, our full backs get forward, our CBs are encouraged to bring the ball out, 2 of our 3 midfielders are attack minded, the other is Steven who is a front foot footballer who is adapting to a new position in front of the back 4 in the twilight of his career, our front 3 dont often look behind them... When we get turned around quickly we are exposed.. But if we are attack minded as a unit then we cant round simply on the back 4 when we conceed.. We should defend as a unit but we dont really. Often it looks like individual errors but its what leads to them thats really the issue.
      But for me we have to accept this, as thats what the managers outlook is and its whats got us where we are this season so far.. Yes i find it frustrating when we are 2 up and dont seem to be able to shut th back door, but thats the nature of the beast, what gets us there cant really be switched in mentality.. The way the gaffer see's if is that if we are 2 up then go for the throat, get the third and they crumble and we could get 4,5 or 6 like we have done and are capable of doing.. Yet if they get the next goal then we possibly get what we have here or at Craven Cottage recently..

There is more than one way to skin a cat and certainly more ways of seeing this beautiful game we all love and this is our managers.

Under a Rafa it wasnt an exposed back 4, it was a solid 4 with two deep holders in front, two tucked in wide players charged with not allowing  space and getting the ball back, a keeper who pushed high to act a sweeper.. With a couple of players in the final third so clinical that we won tight games.. But we didnt often smash teams like we do now.. Is a view of the game, both valid and i have my view of which i prefer but i cant simply blame the back 4 or call our defenders clowns when its a team mentality thing that leads to them looking less solid than under a Rafa type manager.

Its frustrating yes.. But its exciting and has us competing for a title.. Lets love what the manager brings to the table as a view of the game rather than hate what he doesnt.

Superb game today, had all the emotions.. But we did enough, we won..  Probably not my type of game but we cant say we dont get value for money nowadays.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #666: Feb 23, 2014 09:05:37 pm
      Its not really just a defensive issue though, Brendan is a front foot manager.. Look at how he sets us up, look at the players overall he has signed here.. Look at what he inherited..

We essentially attack as a unit, as a team, our full backs get forward, our CBs are encouraged to bring the ball out, 2 of our 3 midfielders are attack minded, the other is Steven who is a front foot footballer who is adapting to a new position in front of the back 4 in the twilight of his career, our front 3 dont often look behind them... When we get turned around quickly we are exposed.. But if we are attack minded as a unit then we cant round simply on the back 4 when we conceed.. We should defend as a unit but we dont really. Often it looks like individual errors but its what leads to them thats really the issue.
      But for me we have to accept this, as thats what the managers outlook is and its whats got us where we are this season so far.. Yes i find it frustrating when we are 2 up and dont seem to be able to shut th back door, but thats the nature of the beast, what gets us there cant really be switched in mentality.. The way the gaffer see's if is that if we are 2 up then go for the throat, get the third and they crumble and we could get 4,5 or 6 like we have done and are capable of doing.. Yet if they get the next goal then we possibly get what we have here or at Craven Cottage recently..

There is more than one way to skin a cat and certainly more ways of seeing this beautiful game we all love and this is our managers.

Under a Rafa it wasnt an exposed back 4, it was a solid 4 with two deep holders in front, two tucked in wide players charged with not allowing  space and getting the ball back, a keeper who pushed high to act a sweeper.. With a couple of players in the final third so clinical that we won tight games.. But we didnt often smash teams like we do now.. Is a view of the game, both valid and i have my view of which i prefer but i cant simply blame the back 4 or call our defenders clowns when its a team mentality thing that leads to them looking less solid than under a Rafa type manager.

Its frustrating yes.. But its exciting and has us competing for a title.. Lets love what the manager brings to the table as a view of the game rather than hate what he doesnt.

Superb game today, had all the emotions.. But we did enough, we won..  Probably not my type of game but we cant say we dont get value for money nowadays.

Good post, fully agree that we attack and defend as a unit so the blame if there is any for letting a 2 goal advantage dissipate lies with the whole team and not just the back 4. Although got to admit Skrtels pen has been a long time coming.

Quick Reply