Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite

Read 43744 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite
      Reply #575: Jul 13, 2014 03:45:01 pm
      oops thought it was a free to pick anyone you want .

Lahm be Munich for life Id say. Pogba we could cope without Reus likewise.

Hummels so

I was just asking which would make the biggest impact mate as I've only seen them briefly in the WC.  I know their names but I barely know where they play position wise other than some are defenders, some are midfielders and no idea if any of them are strikers?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #576: Jul 14, 2014 02:35:14 am
      Gonzalo HiguaĆ­n to Liverpool. perfect fit.. believe me; in my humble opinion he is exactly what we need, we can't buy Rodriguez (he wants to go to Real Madrid), this guy would be my choice to complete the attacking side of our team.
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #577: Jul 14, 2014 04:28:04 am
      Gonzalo HiguaĆ­n to Liverpool. perfect fit.. believe me; in my humble opinion he is exactly what we need, we can't buy Rodriguez (he wants to go to Real Madrid), this guy would be my choice to complete the attacking side of our team.

I could get excited about Higuain. He is a quality striker. Hummels in central defence also thanks.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #578: Jul 14, 2014 04:20:04 pm
      The lack of ambition at our club does not lie with the owners, it lies with the manager and our transfer committee and frankly, that disgusts me on a variety of levels

:confused-smiley-013:

We can agree to disagree on a lot of things...this statement confuses and baffles me all at the same time  :dunce2:

You realize that in the end the transfer committee can only do what FSG allows them to do right?
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2014 04:35:30 pm by AZPatriot »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #579: Jul 14, 2014 05:04:25 pm

You realize that in the end the transfer committee can only do what FSG allows them to do right?

Not according to the fiction your man is reading rite now Erik.

Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #580: Jul 14, 2014 05:21:57 pm

Couldn't hit a barn door the other night and been the same throughout he tournament apart from a well taken half volley. Hasn't impressed me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #581: Jul 14, 2014 05:31:06 pm
      Couldn't hit a barn door the other night and been the same throughout he tournament apart from a well taken half volley. Hasn't impressed me.

I second this.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #582: Jul 14, 2014 05:32:53 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #583: Jul 14, 2014 05:55:15 pm
      Not according to the fiction your man is reading rite now Erik.

When you hear JWH say we need to be smart we need to spend wisely.

This does not translate to "Brendan do what ever you want; If you want to go get Falcao for for 60 million go for it I back you 100%"

It's more like:

"You realize he is going to be 29 in February right? What does Ian think?, well Brendan my boy I understand where you are coming from, let me talk to Ian and Tom...and we will see.

JWH 5 minutes later on conference call with Ian...."No way no how Ian, why do we want to want to buy a guy for 60 million that is almost 30 years old?,,I understand the need for replacing Luis but surely there must be some younger fellas that might come good at half the price?....Well you and Brendan talk about it you know my feelings on the subject.

Ian next day with Brendan...." Brendan lad, negotiating with Monaco is going to be a bit rough, what do you think about a Lukaku? your mates with Jose right?
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2014 06:33:20 pm by AZPatriot »
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #584: Jul 14, 2014 06:30:45 pm

Fourthed...

Made that up for the purposes :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #585: Jul 14, 2014 06:37:14 pm

When you see the likes of Huguain, you realise just how good Suarez is. There is absolutely no way on Gods earth he would have spurned that chance in the same way the Argentinian did. Nauer would have had to make a save as a minimum.
      MattJL
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #586: Jul 14, 2014 08:59:34 pm
      Would love to see Berardi in a Liverpool shirt. Probably the best up and coming talent in Europe. He scored 16 goals in Seria A, a relatively low scoring league, including 4 against Milan last season. Incredible stats for a 19 year old winger (compare that to Markovic who managed just 5 goals in the Portuguese league). Definitely Rodger's type of player, but has recently joined Juve so would require a high fee.
      djb447
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • I always tell the truth, even when I lie
      Reply #587: Jul 14, 2014 10:02:36 pm
      Just another day as other Top Clubs are in the mix for top players while Liverpool are linked with "good" but not "great" players.

BR is just trying to fix the holes of the squad from last season. This was the squad that almost won the league last year.
      These holes include the weak defense and lack of attacking options.
      BR's thinking is that if we had these holes fixed last season we would've won.

He isn't getting the point. We may be able to win last year's league but this year , other top clubs are bringing in top players Like Mangala, Costa, Alexis Sanchez,etc.

Meanwhile we are just buying younger players (exception is Lambert) who MAY end up good. We are overpaying for players who weren't really on other teams' radars.
      A good club will have the right mixture of "win now mode"  and "building for the future".
      Right now we are too Much into "building for the future" mode.

Look at arsenal, they are bringing in Alexis Sanchez and khedira. They also have enough good young players.

We should buy one or two stars to help out, but BR is too busy targeting players like Ben Davies, Jay Rodriguez, etc.

Instead of investing in too many young prospects like origi, Davies, and markovic , we should go after stars who are slightly older and have established themselves like Shaqiri and Ricardo Rodriguez. And we should also have some players who are entering their prime like Hummels and Reus.

I doubt Reus and Hummels would leave Dortmund, but you get the point. Going after too many prospects is risky.

It could come back to "bite" us ;D.

Since we have pretty much signed markovic, we should stop. We already have plenty of young players like sterling and suso wanting first team action. I say that's enough buying young players for now.

For our center back issues, Sokratis of Dortmund can be bought I believe. Hummels is in the form of his life and his elite defending partner Subotic is back after injury. I think we can pry sokratis from klopp. Hummels is unlikely to be sold.

Felipe Luis of Atletico Madrid is likely to go to Chelsea. We should try to hijack this deal. If we don't, then we should try to get Ricardo Rodriguez. He is perfect fit for BR's Attacking philosophy. If all else fails, fine go for Moreno.

Wilfred Bony is a better replacement for higuain. Falcao is too Old and would require high fee. Jackson Martinez is also good replacement for luis. Also Aubemeyang of Dortmund comes to mind. He is extremely fast and can play multiple positions.

I say enough raiding Southampton and don't do the same to Swansea.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #588: Jul 14, 2014 10:13:11 pm
      Just another day as other Top Clubs are in the mix for top players while Liverpool are linked with "good" but not "great" players.

BR is just trying to fix the holes of the squad from last season. This was the squad that almost won the league last year.

He isn't getting the point. We may be able to win last year's league but this year , other top clubs are bringing in top players Like Mangala, Costa, Alexis Sanchez,etc.

Meanwhile we are just buying younger players (exception is Lambert) who MAY end up good. We are overpaying for players who weren't really on other teams' radars.
      A good club will have the right mixture of "win now mode"  and "building for the future".

Look at arsenal, they are bringing in Alexis Sanchez and khedira. They also have enough good young players.

We should buy one or two stars to help out, but BR is too busy targeting players like Ben Davies, Jay Rodriguez, etc.

Instead of investing in too many young prospects like origi, Davies, and markovic , we should go after stars who are slightly older and have established themselves like Shaqiri and Ricardo Rodriguez. And we should also have some players who are entering their prime like Hummels and Reus.

I doubt Reus and Hummels would leave Dortmund, but you get the point. Going after too many prospects is risky.

Since we have pretty much signed markovic, we should stop. We already have plenty of young players like sterling and suso wanting first team action. I say that's enough buying young players for now.

For our center back issues, Sokratis of Dortmund can be bought I believe. Hummels is in the form of his life and his elite defending partner Subotic is back after injury. I think we can pry sokratis from klopp. Hummels is unlikely to be sold.

Felipe Luis of Atletico Madrid is likely to go to Chelsea. We should try to hijack this deal. If we don't, then we should try to get Ricardo Rodriguez. He is perfect fit for BR's Attacking philosophy. If all else fails, fine go for Moreno.

Wilfred Bony is a better replacement for higuain. Falcao is too Old and would require high fee. Jackson Martinez is also good replacement for luis. Also Aubemeyang of Dortmund comes to mind. He is extremely fast and can play multiple positions.

*yawn*
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #589: Jul 14, 2014 10:28:13 pm
      So Arsenal hot favourites to sign Khedira and Utd hot favourites to sign Vidal. Two disgustingly good players there. Would like to think we purchase a player with the same level of quality. Marco Reus would be perfect. Temperament aside, he reminds me very much of Luis Suarez. Has the same dribbling style, loves the nutmeg and is a great link up player. He's the type of player I'd expect us to be after.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #590: Jul 14, 2014 10:33:11 pm
      So Arsenal hot favourites to sign Khedira and Utd hot favourites to sign Vidal. Two disgustingly good players there. Would like to think we purchase a player with the same level of quality. Marco Reus would be perfect. Temperament aside, he reminds me very much of Luis Suarez. Has the same dribbling style, loves the nutmeg and is a great link up player. He's the type of player I'd expect us to be after.

Going to be honest, mate, I'd have Hendo in the team before either of them.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #591: Jul 14, 2014 10:36:22 pm
      Going to be honest, mate, I'd have Hendo in the team before either of them.

Fair comment. Hendo was boss last season.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #592: Jul 14, 2014 10:39:17 pm
      Fair comment. Hendo was boss last season.

He really was and more than deserves a starting berth this season, I reckon. If either Vidal or Khedira were signed I reckon they'd be more in competition for Gerrard's holding role. (As controversial as that may sound...)
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #593: Jul 14, 2014 10:44:06 pm
      Vidal is a good player, but so overrated it's unreal.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #594: Jul 14, 2014 10:46:24 pm

Once again....

MattJL
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #595: Jul 14, 2014 10:57:02 pm

When have Liverpool ever signed stars in their prime? Also Shaqiri and Rodriguez are both young players who 'MAY end up good' so you're contradicting yourself there. Judging by this post and previous posts I honestly think this is the wrong club for you. Liverpool rarely sign stars such as Reus and Hummels. We create these stars and Markovic should be a perfect example of that in a few years' time.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #596: Jul 14, 2014 11:37:57 pm
      When have Liverpool ever signed stars in their prime? Also Shaqiri and Rodriguez are both young players who 'MAY end up good' so you're contradicting yourself there. Judging by this post and previous posts I honestly think this is the wrong club for you. Liverpool rarely sign stars such as Reus and Hummels. We create these stars and Markovic should be a perfect example of that in a few years' time.

You really have no place telling someone they've chosen the wrong club, regardless of your opinion against their opinion. They might find it offensive. As would I after following Liverpool FC for the last 35 years.

That's just a gentle nudge BTW..
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #597: Jul 14, 2014 11:48:54 pm
      Everybody on this forum is entitled to their own opinions and should not be castigated or belittled for them, so let's be nice to each other, eh?

Quick Reply