Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite

Read 43786 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Re: Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite
      Reply #92: Apr 25, 2014 10:50:42 am

Hendo has been fantastic and for me should have been in one of the player of the year lists and the only reason I would go for another similar playr is I think we miss him more than you would expect when he isn't there.

I think we already did last Sunday mate!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #93: Apr 25, 2014 11:09:13 am
      I think we already did last Sunday mate!

Agree.

I had a feeling we'd miss him and we did.

Important player for us now is Hendo.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #94: Apr 25, 2014 11:18:07 am
      Agree.

I had a feeling we'd miss him and we did.

Important player for us now is Hendo.

I know - and my son's favourite which cost me a bit ordering the new kit!

Why couldn't he have gone for Ibe?!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #95: Apr 25, 2014 11:25:23 am
      If Reus is looking for a move I think as Champions and back in CL we would be very appealing to him but the cost, and more importantly his wages, would probably be a stumbling block.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #96: Apr 25, 2014 11:43:36 am
      Would like to see Reus in red, but something tells me that he will choose Barcelona when he moves away from BD.

But if we can get Rakitic it would be wonderful.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #97: Apr 25, 2014 12:33:41 pm
      Go with 'Hendo' Scotia... a few bob saved.  ;D

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #98: Apr 25, 2014 01:12:19 pm
      I quite prefer the slow controlled and precision work of Gerrard at DM.
      Although I admit I did not think he could do the job initially - Pirlo move over.

Stevie has surpassed all expectations in his new role and we have certainly profited from his telescopic passes. But I fear age is not on his side and he may gradually have to play the last 1/2 hr or 15 mins. Nevertheless, I strongly believe Stevie can still contribute in the next 2 years.

Say I'm dreaming or thinking too far ahead, but if we ever win the League this season and Stevie retires in a year or two and becomes the understudy of BR for a few years and finally takes over the reign and it looks like the second coming of a dynasty.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #99: Apr 25, 2014 02:34:49 pm

Why couldn't he have gone for Ibe?!
      You'll just be hoping he doesn't take a liking to Konoplyanka, should he turn up next season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #100: Apr 25, 2014 02:37:34 pm
      You'll just be hoping he doesn't take a liking to Konoplyanka, should he turn up next season.

Ahem - I think you mean Yevhen.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #101: Apr 25, 2014 02:46:08 pm
      Ahem - I think you mean Yevhen.
      Exactly what I meant  ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #102: Apr 25, 2014 03:06:20 pm
      It's testament to Hendo that we are now talking about 'replacing' him with a player who will cost someone £35m +

I think the latest quote is £60m - from PSG.
      BigSmooth
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #103: Apr 25, 2014 03:20:15 pm
      Carlos Bacca.  He lit up the Belgium league.  Now, with Sevilla, he is doing well.   27 years old, so maybe a tad old for us? 
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #104: Apr 25, 2014 04:21:02 pm
      Left back is paramount. I've seen a lot of folks banging on about Ricardo Rodriguez on twitter. I haven't watched him play. Anyone here have any idea?

Also, I'd like to see us nick Micah Richards. I see him as a low-risk, high reward investment. If he doesn't work out I doubt it will have cost us much.

I wonder if Brendan could sort Ravel Morrison out too. He's got the potential to be a top player, but his mind is holding him back.
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #105: Apr 25, 2014 08:39:03 pm

Also, I'd like to see us nick Micah Richards. I see him as a low-risk, high reward investment. If he doesn't work out I doubt it will have cost us much.

Would be a top addition to the squad. Grab lescott while shopping there too.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #106: Apr 25, 2014 08:51:34 pm
      Would be a top addition to the squad. Grab lescott while shopping there too.

No thanks. We should be shopping for much better players than City's 4th choice centre back.

Not too keen on the idea of Micah either in all honesty. He gets injured far too often. His lack of a footballing brain and lack of common sense when going into challenges makes it a questionable signing. Regardless of whether he'd be expensive or cheap, why sign somebody with his injury record? We will just leave ourselves with 1 less player in the squad for most weeks.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #107: Apr 25, 2014 08:53:32 pm
      Micah Richards is sh*t. Great athlete but not much else.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #108: Apr 25, 2014 09:24:24 pm
      Grab lescott while shopping there too.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #109: May 01, 2014 11:47:22 am
      Diego Maradona Rare Skills ● Unstoppable

Him if we could. I think every challenge is a red card in todays game
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #110: May 01, 2014 04:55:55 pm
      I reckon we should make a cheeky bid for Paulinho :D He or a player that's similar to him should be our main priority.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #111: May 02, 2014 07:38:05 am
      Filipe Luis and Koke?

They both fit the positions we want and classy players.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #112: May 02, 2014 08:16:47 am
      Filipe Luis and Koke?

They both fit the positions we want and classy players.

We do need quality in defence and the midfield mate but the screaming priority is width.
      We were undone against the plastics for that very reason, if we could have presented a tangible threat with wide men filtering in deep in their half the pressure in the middle to us could be lessened, ultimately the same factor would not allow them the luxury of attackers F***ing loitering waiting for a mistake.
      A. Madrid played it to perfection, drew the fuckers out of position and F***ing savaged them.
      If we're going to poach any of the A. Madrid squad why not go after the wide men?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #113: May 02, 2014 08:41:47 am

It's testament to Hendo that we are now talking about 'replacing' him with a player who will cost someone £35m +...  Lovin' it.

The inverted commas were never more appropriate mate, the very thought of 'replacing' our man is unimaginable.
      The ideal proposition and a factor that should be in situ now is like for like skill backing for Henderson.
      Our honed down squad of course negates any idea of such an entity, Henderson's absence recently magnifies our dilemma.
      What dilemma? I hear some say, we are top of the league; when one chink in the chain appears that statement could evaporate before your eyes and hope replaces confidence.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #114: May 02, 2014 09:08:09 am
      Well if Barca are really having a clear out I wouldn't mind that midfielder fella they've got that appears on all the ice cream / ice lolly advertisements in Spain.

Think his name is Andrew Innes (must have Scottish heritage) or something like that.

He's not bad - good cover at least.

Quick Reply