Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions at the Palace

LFC win
      98 (96.1%)
      Draw
      4 (3.9%)
      Palace win
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: May 04, 2014 12:17:15 pm

Pre Match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool Mon 5th May 20:00

Read 28398 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Crystal Palace v Liverpool Mon 5th May 20:00
      Reply #46: Apr 29, 2014 12:49:56 pm
      City win their three remaining games 1-0, we spank Palace and Newcastle 6-0 and win the Title with +1 GD.

What are the chances of that happening, hey?

Honestly can see us putting 7 past Newcastle, they are F***ing dire! Watched them a few times this season and they can't play offside, they can't mark at set-pieces and they're a liability when tackling in the box. The only thing we might need is for them to get a result at Cardiff so they've got nothing to play for because they're getting dragged into that relegation battle. Worst team in the league at the moment and not a clue how to defend.

Arsenal played them yesterday and it could have easily finished 6 or 7 to them, once it got to 3-0 they couldn't be arsed attacking.

Palace though are a completely different animal, we need some real magic from the lads to tear strips out of them. Gonna just cross my fingers and hope for that one.
      MiG
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #47: Apr 29, 2014 12:56:24 pm
      down to the wire, indeed.

is Hendo available? if not, please drop Lucas for Studge.
      442 diamond

I still believe we can win it
      Prediction for city's games :
      v Everton : Win
      v Aston Villa : Draw
      v West Ham : Win

6 points to take for the Reds. 86 will do the job.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #48: Apr 29, 2014 01:12:04 pm
      Quote from ThePushForFourth
      I think they are likely to play a 4-4-1-1 formation and play on the counter.

You are joking, aren't you?

Tactics: Run around, kick, hack, elbow, run around. Repeat.

Counter? Not caveman enough.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #49: Apr 29, 2014 02:31:23 pm
      The title still could be in our hands. Let's look at different scenarios :

Everton 1-2 City GD 59
      City 3-0 Villa GD 62
      City 3-0 West Ham GD 65

Palace 0-7 Liverpool GD 57
      Liverpool 9-0 Newcastle GD 66

:D
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #50: Apr 29, 2014 02:35:33 pm
      The title still could be in our hands. Let's look at different scenarios :

Everton 1-2 City GD 59
      City 3-0 Villa GD 62
      City 3-0 West Ham GD 65

Palace 0-7 Liverpool GD 57
      Liverpool 9-0 Newcastle GD 66

I like your thinking :), if we need 10 against Newcastle I'll still believe!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #51: Apr 29, 2014 03:05:55 pm
      Going to Palace on a Monday night at the emd of the season seems very much like the old days.Old days when we challenged for titles and that's exactly what we will still do  on Monday
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #52: Apr 29, 2014 04:53:25 pm
      I know its quite unlikely for us to win the league on goal difference, but what I do hope is that if we go 2-0 up early on again that we dont sit back on it. Obviously this depends on circumstances, as if Everton get something against City then we just need to win at all costs, but if City do beat them then we have to at least leave ourselves a chance and try and win by 5 or 6. As I say it is highly unlikely but its certainly something to think about.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #53: Apr 29, 2014 04:58:57 pm
      One beautiful thing is that City play on Saturday while we play on Monday.  If City drop points then our lads will know that the title is within reach again if we can get our business done!!  Looking for a favor from the Blue-noses on Saturday!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: Apr 29, 2014 05:31:16 pm
      I was at the Palace game at Anfield.

Difference being they're now not the worst team in the league.

We're actually challenging for the title.

And i'm halfway across the world again.

I'm F***ing praying that the result doesn't do a 180 also!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #55: Apr 29, 2014 06:26:48 pm
      Well all away tickets now sold so some people still thinks its on.
      asus
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #56: Apr 29, 2014 06:33:00 pm
      about palace tickets

Obviously this forum quite rightly does not support buying from touts.

Just to emphasize this - You should be very wary of buying tickets in the palace areas. They have a very strict no away supporters in home areas policy and away supporters do get ejected. It is also likely that only ticket holders will be able to get in the vicinity of the ground and that measures will be in place to stop any idiots trying to rush the gates before, during or after the match.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #57: Apr 29, 2014 07:14:13 pm
      One beautiful thing is that City play on Saturday while we play on Monday.  If City drop points then our lads will know that the title is within reach again if we can get our business done!!  Looking for a favor from the Blue-noses on Saturday!!

What I do know is that if Citeh drop points on Saturday then the time between the 2 games will drag like F**k, and our lads will be chomping at the bit come k.o. time !
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #58: Apr 29, 2014 09:10:31 pm
      On the one hand I'm thinking this will be really tough. Though Shitty beat them, Palace are on a really good run. The players look like Pulis has them in the gym, they look fit and strong. And the support they have at home is great.
      On the other hand, maybe the pressure is off our lads now in that again, the title's not in our hands (forget turning around the GD, that's not gonna happen). So they have to go for it. Also, Palace don't score many goals (generally), which is good cause we do let the odd one in -- so we should outscore them :)  We have the talent up front, just need them to click back into gear.
      I'm not sure about this one. Up to now have been super confident. This is a HUGE test for the players - they need to put last week behind them and dig deep, the dig some more.
      Only possible change to the first XI might be to start Studge - though he looked very rusty when he came on, he has a week to sharpen up. With Lucas dropping to the bench. We need the win, so reckon BR will do that. Hope it's not level with 10 mins to go, and we're two up by then :) - though am preparing for more nerve shredding...
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #59: Apr 29, 2014 09:42:42 pm
      The biggest challenge will be winning this game if City win at Everton, that's when we will really see what the players are made of I think. Must admit I almost need to see what happens on Saturday before I can properly look ahead to this one, just hope the players don't share the same mind-set!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #60: Apr 29, 2014 10:06:01 pm
      Think well beat them not sure well be denting the goal difference though.................. ......

I also don't think it will matter
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,365 posts | 4973 
      Reply #61: Apr 29, 2014 10:12:25 pm
      Think well beat them not sure well be denting the goal difference though.................. ......

I also don't think it will matter

I think we'll beat them but only by the odd goal as well Brian.

I can't see us over coming the goal difference and feel there is more chance of City dropping points than us clawing back that number of goals in two games.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #62: Apr 29, 2014 10:54:10 pm

I can't see us over coming the goal difference and feel there is more chance of City dropping points than us clawing back that number of goals in two games.

I agree with that. For goal difference to matter, City win their last 3 by a 1 goal margin and that means we have 11 goals to claw back over 2 games. It can happen, especially if we scored a few early goals and won by 5 or 6. But then we'd have to do the same in the final game and, yes, that game would be easier to win by a huge scoreline, but it's too many ifs.

IF City win by 1 goal each game, IF we get an early few goals, IF we take all our chances and then IF we do that all again at home to Newcastle.

It's not impossible but it is far more likely for City to drop points. Which they will. Everton will get something. Chelsea might win on Sunday, but we'll be clear at the top again on Monday night.

Forget goal difference. Goal difference won't be important, because we're gona win the league on points.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #63: Apr 29, 2014 11:07:37 pm
      Crystal Palace not to be underestimated, after such a brilliant run been halted by a very negative Chelsea, certainly do not want to suffer any more setbacks. Need to keep calm taking our opportunities when they arrive.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #64: Apr 30, 2014 03:01:34 am

Yes
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #65: Apr 30, 2014 08:21:19 am
       we have beaten teams by 4 or 5 goals this season so why not on Monday at least it would put some thoughts into City's minds because at Anfield against NUFC anything could happen.
      However I think Everton will nick a point so this is still definitely on
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #66: Apr 30, 2014 08:32:09 am
      we have beaten teams by 4 or 5 goals this season so why not on Monday at least it would put some thoughts into City's minds because at Anfield against NUFC anything could happen.
      However I think Everton will nick a point so this is still definitely on

I agree Walton, I am confident we will beat Palace and if it comes down to us beating Newcastle in the last match of the season, have no fear. Anfield will be electric and the crowd will do their bit to bring the EPL home.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #67: Apr 30, 2014 12:19:41 pm
      Poll added.

Just to clarify the poll is about the Crystal Palace v Liverpool game - just in case you had stumbled into this topic thinking it was an EFC v MCFC thread.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #68: Apr 30, 2014 01:19:57 pm
      Poll added.

Just to clarify the poll is about the Crystal Palace v Liverpool game - just in case you had stumbled into this topic thinking it was an EFC v MCFC thread.

Quick Reply