Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Liverpool 2:1 Newcastle. In game & post match discussion.

Read 29088 times
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Newcastle
      Reply #483: May 11, 2014 05:22:46 pm
      Lads and lasses, congratulations!!!
      I know we could and should have won it this season, it was ours until that Special One parked his buses and Stevie G slipped, but hey, sh*t happens!
      My consolation today is that Chelsea is still below us! Well done!

7th last season, I would've been happy to get 4 this season, but we nearly got! It is a glorious miss, I agree. However we know we still have to strengthen and we're much closer than we were when Rafa got us to 2nd below Man United.
      So, I'm glad and not too disappointed!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #484: May 11, 2014 05:24:24 pm
      Ok, next season starts now

Johnson out
      Allen out?
      Lucas out
      Cissokho out
      Moses out
      Aspas out

:D

Oh great. You know silly season is underway when someone puts Allen up for the chop when he is a valued squad member. Thankfully Rodgers ain't going to listen to that pile of bonkers.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #485: May 11, 2014 05:25:04 pm
      Oh I never will.. I don't think I've seen any side lift the title since we last won it.. I've never once seen a picture of say utd lifting it

Hey look though Ian, we're all gutted, but what a season..
      We finished 12 pts clear into the top 4, many seasons we have got into it we haven't done it so comfortably..

Me and you mate, we will see us do it next year, don't worry about watching them lift it.. We will see us do it in 12 months time

On and up

You'll never walk alone

Cheers PD 365 days till we are a Champions!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #486: May 11, 2014 05:29:06 pm
      Great to get the 3 points in the end. Would've been tough to finish 3rd to the Chavs. But we deservedly sit 2 points clear of the tit Maureen and his bus boys, in clear 2nd. Massive praise for the lads and BR !!!!!!!!
      Brilliant season, flew past, so close to the top spot but even though missed out lots of positive to take out of it, and into next season. If you had said to me last August we'd be in with a shout of the title on the final day, I'd have taken that hands down. Hopefully this is the watershed season that brings us back into regular contention for the title every year.
      We will do some business in the summer and hopefully come back with a stronger first XI, and squad, next season. And Champions League back at Anfield, can't wait :)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #487: May 11, 2014 05:30:12 pm
      Is anybody still watching this, have the players gone back out on to the pitch?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #488: May 11, 2014 05:30:44 pm

They switched over to City on my stream so I switched off. Who cares about them.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #489: May 11, 2014 05:30:57 pm
      Feeling empty at the moment. Can't even bring myself to flick the channel to see those cu*ts lift the Title.

Gutted.

LFCtv mate, chats and phone ins, all good. ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #490: May 11, 2014 05:32:08 pm
      Congrats to the boys in red for giving us fans a year to remember. From 7th to 2nd with goals flying in left right and centre. You made us proud.

YNWA
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #491: May 11, 2014 05:32:43 pm

Yeah they're doing there lap of honour with their kids etc

LFC official twitter account are uploading some of the pictures.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #492: May 11, 2014 05:34:39 pm
      LFCtv mate, chats and phone ins, all good. ;)

Don't have it mate. Gonna try and get to sleep 2:30am over here   Will catch it on the forum tomorrow.

Shattered and I think I will be for quite a while.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #493: May 11, 2014 05:39:56 pm
      Oh great. You know silly season is underway when someone puts Allen up for the chop when he is a valued squad member. Thankfully Rodgers ain't going to listen to that pile of bonkers.
      Silly season, pile of bonkers? Have I pissed on your cornflakes or something? F**k me pal, get a grip on yourself and accept that people might have a different view point to you. Just because you might disagree doesn't mean you have to be a w**ker with your replies. Allen has had a sh*te season with a handful of good games, and I put a question mark there to emphasis it's not a given he should go. Go figure, as for the rest of the list, I'm right, but if it makes you happy, enjoy crapping all over the one discrepancy in your estimation
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      Re: Liverpool 2:1 Newcastle. In game & post match discussion.
      Reply #494: May 11, 2014 05:41:53 pm

To be fair he did put a question mark to his name, unlike the others he named, so its not as if he was gunning for Allen, just unsure.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #495: May 11, 2014 05:42:21 pm
      Don't have it mate. Gonna try and get to sleep 2:30am over here   Will catch it on the forum tomorrow.

Shattered and I think I will be for quite a while.

Don't blame you mate, get some sleep and dream of next season, it'll be good. ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      Reply #496: May 11, 2014 05:42:49 pm
      To be fair he did put a question mark to his name, unlike the others he named, so its not as if he was gunning for Allen, just unsure.
      Thank you
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #497: May 11, 2014 05:43:03 pm
      Personally I'd get pepe back in a heartbeat. He's twice the 'keeper mig is. Yeah he's produced some good saves this season,  but he's made some howlers too. He doesn't command the defence like pepe does and he certainly lacks pepes ball distribution. Have them both. That way there would be real competiton for the jersey.

But that's for another day.

well done the lads. Fact is they've pushed the most expensive sports team ever assembled to the final day of the season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #498: May 11, 2014 05:44:13 pm
      Silly season, pile of bonkers? Have I pissed on your cornflakes or something? F**k me pal, get a grip on yourself and accept that people might have a different view point to you. Just because you might disagree doesn't mean you have to be a w**ker with your replies. Allen has had a sh*te season with a handful of good games, and I put a question mark there to emphasis it's not a given he should go. Go figure, as for the rest of the list, I'm right, but if it makes you happy, enjoy crapping all over the one discrepancy in your estimation

He hasn't had a sh*te season. Not great, but not sh*te. Certainly a handy squad player as he proved in some tricky away fixtures in our 11 game run as well as earlier away fixtures like when we beat Spurs 5-0. Sh*te season? What the hell have you been watching?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      Reply #499: May 11, 2014 05:46:24 pm
      Personally I'd get pepe back in a heartbeat. He's twice the 'keeper mig is. Yeah he's produced some good saves this season,  but he's made some howlers too. He doesn't command the defence like pepe does and he certainly lacks pepes ball distribution. Have them both. That way there would be real competiton for the jersey.

well done the lads. Fact is they've pushed the most expensive sports team ever assembled to the final day of the season.

Twice the keeper? Don't think so. People tend to neglect the fact Reina's last two seasons with us weren't beneficial for us by a long shot, he made unforced errors and his shot stopping took a massive dip in form. Yes he could distribute the ball well but he wasn't amazing at coming for crosses either.

With a consistent back four, another pre-season i feel Mignolet will come out stronger and better. He needs competition for his place and IMO its not Reina, i personally wouldn't have a problem with Vorm being his back up, as those who complain about the lack of distribution from Mignolet can have it in Vorm.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 28 
      Reply #500: May 11, 2014 05:46:28 pm
      Disappointed to miss out on the title? You bet. Delighted with the season overall? Undoubtedly.
      And in addition, what a fantastic forum this has been to discuss the season. Thank you!!
      My feelings exactly.  Building on the positives, this is a young manager who's learning all the time and making great progress with so many young players.

Next season, to borrow a phrase, We Go Again!

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #501: May 11, 2014 05:48:00 pm
       Ah, what a surprise, FMS playing the man rather than the ball.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      Reply #502: May 11, 2014 05:48:58 pm
      He hasn't had a sh*te season. Not great, but not sh*te. Certainly a handy squad player as he proved in some tricky away fixtures in our 11 game run as well as earlier away fixtures like when we beat Spurs 5-0. Sh*te season? What the hell have you been watching?
      Same as you. I might not agree with you that Allen does not deserve to be here going by his last season with us. I think we can do better.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #503: May 11, 2014 06:00:15 pm

Allen's one of them that divides opinion somewhat - I wasn't sure of him at start of this season, but think he done enough to be at the club next season. And I think he will be.
      TyrannaSuarezRex
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #504: May 11, 2014 06:24:39 pm

Hmmm interesting viewpoint on Pepe.

I'd say Mignolet is already far superior to Reina and he will only improve.

Reina's shots to saves ratio in his last few season was absolutely astonishing. It was literally as if every other shot flew past him. Granted, his distribution is excellent but he made mistakes like they were going out of fashion and gets beaten at his near post way too often.

I think we will be looking to offload him as early as possible when he returns to the club and rightly so. There is no way we can keep someone on the bench with that kind of wage, so hopefully someone will want to take him.
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #505: May 11, 2014 06:42:20 pm
      I prefer migs to pepe and hopefully we'll offload him with ease. No doubt he's been a great season but now is the time for the new breed and Reina isn't that. I saw someone mention Vorm,that's a great shout. I know it's the wrong time and place but what about Marshall at cardiff? Top goalie who will be very much wanted in the summer and an unlikely candidate for someone that has CL experience. Wouldn't mind him as back up.

Quick Reply