Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 89973 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid)
      Reply #23: Jun 05, 2014 09:31:03 pm
      Go swivel Madrid
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #24: Jun 05, 2014 09:36:48 pm
      Does anyone think this is just a throw away bid to appease fans "see we tried" but that they don't actually expect to get him?

I mean let's be honest...they paid more than that for Bale, I highly doubt that if they really wanted him they'd bid anything less than 100m.

AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #25: Jun 05, 2014 09:39:45 pm
      If they want him they'll have to pay the release clause. Even then we may refuse.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #26: Jun 05, 2014 09:42:08 pm
      JWH wants to know what they're smoking at the Bernabeu

redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #27: Jun 05, 2014 09:43:03 pm
      Scally, i've said this before, its time for agents to be regulated.  If I advised a company quoted on the stock market, and made statements that influenced the share price of those companies i'd be in big trouble.  Thats what the agents are doing (I now you know this already).  The transfer window(s) seem to be open season for agents to talk up their player-clients.  It damages the market, over-inflates a players value, de-stabilises club and player, and generally brings football into disrepute.  Its a little like insider trading; an extreme comparison maybe but there we are.  The worst thing is i've never met an agent who is not a total spiv.  In fact agents give spivs a bad name.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #28: Jun 06, 2014 12:05:49 am
      He's not going.

He's explained to his friends that he's happy here and is not seeking a move.

/thread

(Oh there will be much more speculation, fear-mongering and debating - but he's staying. There's no point even carrying on this discussion.)

Lock this thread and do us mere mortals a favour.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #29: Jun 06, 2014 12:15:47 am
      I was thinking on the Spurs and the season they had after selling Bale,terrifies me
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #30: Jun 06, 2014 11:59:06 am
      I was thinking on the Spurs and the season they had after selling Bale,terrifies me

Bear in mind that it wasn't the selling of Bale but the failure to replace him with talent and then having two managers in one season that lead to their position. If Suarez has a release clause in his contract I just hope we have a player we're willing to replace him with.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #31: Jun 06, 2014 12:09:47 pm
      We'll just ask for Bale in return  :P

When they want our most 'untouchable' player, we are after all asking only for their second most 'untouchable' player  ;)
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #32: Jun 06, 2014 01:01:56 pm
      All the tiresome arguments were done last year.
      And the crap ones were blown clean out of the water by two words - "Bale" and "Spurs".

Players like Luis are worth 70m for TWO reasons.
      1)marketed, commercial revenue and the status of a club
      2)winning games - imagine us without the goals, chances  and overall threat of Luis last yr.
      We'd have gone from devastating to.. sad to say, not in the same league (ie Champions Lge).

It was a similar story with the Mancs - Ferguslime vs Moyes.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #33: Jun 06, 2014 01:11:37 pm
      sh*t on a stick cu*ts! I wouldn't mind, but they still can't beat us in Europe.

hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #34: Jun 06, 2014 01:42:11 pm
      Bear in mind that it wasn't the selling of Bale but the failure to replace him with talent and then having two managers in one season that lead to their position. If Suarez has a release clause in his contract I just hope we have a player we're willing to replace him with.

Right mate,especially the failure to replace him with talent
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #35: Jun 06, 2014 01:43:09 pm
      2)winning games - imagine us without the goals, chances  and overall threat of Luis last yr.
      We'd have gone from devastating to.. sad to say, not in the same league (ie Champions Lge).

Imagine United without RVP for the other season, imagine Barca without Messi, imagine Real Madrid without Ronaldo, imagine City without Yaya last season.

Every team has a stand out player, that's how football works. There's always one player who has a great influence on the positive results that a team gets so you can shove your 'we wouldn't be in the Champions League' sh*t up your arse as far as I'm concerned. Sick of hearing and seeing people moan about how sh*t we would have been without Suarez, it's a null argument. Always trying to put their own team down for some pathetic reason and you're doing the same now!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #36: Jun 06, 2014 01:48:38 pm
      We haven't had an in-form Suarez since about February, and look at how we've done since then.

11 game winning streak. God knows how many goals. 37/42 points. That is League winning form. Without our "star striker" being in-form.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #37: Jun 06, 2014 02:02:59 pm
      Imagine United without RVP for the other season, imagine Barca without Messi, imagine Real Madrid without Ronaldo, imagine City without Yaya last season.

Every team has a stand out player, that's how football works. There's always one player who has a great influence on the positive results that a team gets so you can shove your 'we wouldn't be in the Champions League' sh*t up your arse as far as I'm concerned. Sick of hearing and seeing people moan about how sh*t we would have been without Suarez, it's a null argument. Always trying to put their own team down for some pathetic reason and you're doing the same now!

Nah lad, we would of been not as good without Suarez, he is F***ing boss like! Just look at his scoring record last season along with the number of goals created to.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #38: Jun 06, 2014 02:21:37 pm

I don't think anyone is trying to put the team down. You don't honestly think we'd have challenged for the title without Luis do you? Please tell me that's not what you believe.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #39: Jun 06, 2014 02:45:12 pm
      This is a problem that unfortunately goes beyond Suarez. If the player is Spanish, Portuguese or Latin American then Real is always going to be the team they dream about playing for and unfortunately, the world's best players are invariably from one of these places. We can only hope that Luis sees that Liverpool is built around him which is what makes him such a great player.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #40: Jun 06, 2014 03:08:13 pm
      This is a problem that unfortunately goes beyond Suarez. If the player is Spanish, Portuguese or Latin American then Real is always going to be the team they dream about playing for and unfortunately, the world's best players are invariably from one of these places. We can only hope that Luis sees that Liverpool is built around him which is what makes him such a great player.

Wasn't it Suarez who said that Liverpool were the team he dreamed about playing for and were the team he'd always choose on the Playstation when he was younger?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #41: Jun 06, 2014 03:46:26 pm
      Wasn't it Suarez who said that Liverpool were the team he dreamed about playing for and were the team he'd always choose on the Playstation when he was younger?

He's also said VERY flattering things about playing for Madrid and how it is every kid's dream (or something to that effect). I always thought the remarks about Liverpool were just him trying to get in good with the fans. That's just my personal opinion.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #42: Jun 06, 2014 03:55:04 pm
      I think he'll be here next season but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

I'm not sure anyone can say with 100% certainty he will turn out for us next season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #43: Jun 06, 2014 03:56:56 pm
      I think he'll be here next season but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

I'm not sure anyone can say with 100% certainty he will turn out for us next season.

Was just thinking this.....he has said he wants to continue here and conveniently the rumors start after he leaves England for Uruguay and can't really respond. Seems like there isn't as much too this as the media would make out, but if Real really wants to buy him, they could offer a price that would be hard for FSG to refuse. Although after last summer with Arsenal, I really don't believe that Henry wants to get rid of his prized player. I'm like you, wouldn't bet my house, but I would be very surprised if he wasn't here next season.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #44: Jun 06, 2014 03:59:45 pm
      Incredible to think how much his value has rocketed since we bought him.

Fullcredit has to be given to the manager and owners for teh way they have handled him and managed to get the best out of him.

Also full credit to Rafa for identifying him ands scouting him as a transfer target in the first place. If only we could have seen him play a season with Torres and Stevie!
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #45: Jun 06, 2014 04:04:04 pm
      He's also said VERY flattering things about playing for Madrid and how it is every kid's dream (or something to that effect). I always thought the remarks about Liverpool were just him trying to get in good with the fans. That's just my personal opinion.

Yeah was just wondering was all, mate.

Quick Reply