Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think LFC should do?

Keep Suárez
      130 (68.1%)
      Sell Suárez
      61 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Suarez: BANNED from all football for 4 months

Read 40696 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Re: Suarez: BANNED from all football for 4 months
      Reply #736: Jun 30, 2014 06:25:33 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #737: Jun 30, 2014 06:32:51 pm
      There we go, for people claiming still there was no bite!

red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #738: Jun 30, 2014 06:42:30 pm
      Luis has now issued an apology on twitter to Chellini and states he will never do it again ,I reckon his family have gone through hell over this as well as Uruguay ,hope we get a resolve soon
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #739: Jun 30, 2014 06:56:22 pm
      Luis has got issues and his team have implemented a sporting psychologist to work with the player in confronting his devils.
      Uruguay saw fit to dispense with the therapy for reasons best known to themselves, irrespective of the fact that said treatment appeared to be successful in the domestic arena at least, where Suarez had been behaving himself for a good length of time.
      The question has to be asked as to why the treatment was not continued or the very least his demeanour monitored for signs of any change of stress levels etc.
      In light of these omissions by the Uruguay coaching team their complaints about the penalties imposed are made to look less than valid.

The situation could have been prevented if Luis had received counselling similar to his treatment at LFC, the neglect of player concern by his national team therefore could be said to have caused his ban. His own team who address the players issues on a regular basis bear the greater punishment for Uruguay's lack of professionalism.
      There ain't no f**king justice.
      But hey what's new?     

What treatement you're suggesting he was under? Pharmaceutical which he was forced by some way to discontinue or therapy restricted only to counselling and if so why didn't he stay in contact with his LFC therapist whilst he was with his national team?

Without questioning your sources mate i sometimes wonder is really something the matter with Suarez's mental health or  the issues he has got have mostly to do with his attitude, likelihood possibly eluding all of us who want him within the club? 
      In that case the role of the therapist could equally well be played by the manager himself.
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2014 07:08:07 pm by nikos »
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #740: Jun 30, 2014 07:03:51 pm
      Suarez's "apology" is nothing more than a "Sorry, I'm not sorry."

"the truth is that my colleague Giorgio Chiellini suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision he suffered with me"

;D Having a laugh surely with that one.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #741: Jun 30, 2014 07:09:31 pm
      The Suarez apology before his agent and PR people got hold of it!

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #742: Jun 30, 2014 07:24:16 pm
      So apparently, BBC said this apology was basically instigated by Barca and now that he has made the apology, they will bid for him :S :O
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #743: Jun 30, 2014 07:32:43 pm
      @chiellini: .@luis16suarez It's all forgotten. I hope FIFA will reduce your suspension.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #744: Jun 30, 2014 07:55:48 pm
      The statement, for easy on the eyeness:

After several days of being home with my family, I have had the opportunity to regain my calm and reflect about the reality of what occurred during the Italy-Uruguay match on 24 June 2014.

Independent from the fallout and the contradicting declarations that have surfaced during these past days, all of which have been without the intention of interfering with the good performance of my national team, the truth is that my colleague Gieogio Chiellini suffered the physical result of a bite in the collusion he suffered with me.

•I deeply regret what occurred
      •I apologise to Gieogio Chiellini and the entire football family
      •I vow to the public that there will never be another incident like this
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #745: Jun 30, 2014 08:30:49 pm
      Does stink of external involvement coming out with the apology this long afterwards. Considering there's been press releases regarding LFC having nothing to do with it you'd have to believe the rumours of Barca demanding it before a bid is submitted.

It's becoming much less if, but more how much.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #746: Jun 30, 2014 08:39:41 pm
      I have to say, as much as Chiellini is a turd, he has handled this pretty fairly.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #747: Jun 30, 2014 08:46:19 pm
      I have to say, as much as Chiellini is a turd, he has handled this pretty fairly.

I have a feeling the hammer and drama is getting ready to drop square on our faces.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #748: Jun 30, 2014 09:15:15 pm
      I thought Barca was going to get a ban from the transfer market.  Knowing FIFA they have probably forgot about that!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #749: Jun 30, 2014 09:21:01 pm
      Does stink of external involvement coming out with the apology this long afterwards. Considering there's been press releases regarding LFC having nothing to do with it you'd have to believe the rumours of Barca demanding it before a bid is submitted.

It's becoming much less if, but more how much.

Not so sure. I see it as Uruguay embarrassingly attempting to have him get away with it and maybe still play in the World Cup with terrible advice and selfishness, Uruguay going out of the World Cup, what he said to the FIFA panel coming out and having him look even worse than he already was and then him doing and saying what he knew he should have done straight after the incident.

All I see apart from that is a lot of lazy and speculative journalism that we'd have in the Summer anyway but with the press having the added bonus of him acting like a tw*t again and therefore giving them more to go on.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #750: Jun 30, 2014 09:39:59 pm
      Not so sure. I see it as Uruguay embarrassingly attempting to have him get away with it and maybe still play in the World Cup with terrible advice and selfishness, Uruguay going out of the World Cup, what he said to the FIFA panel coming out and having him look even worse than he already was and then him doing and saying what he knew he should have done straight after the incident.

All I see apart from that is a lot of lazy and speculative journalism that we'd have in the Summer anyway but with the press having the added bonus of him acting like a tw*t again and therefore giving them more to go on.

Must admit mate that's not something I'd considered and you could well have a point. With Uruguay going out and him leaving the camp their involvement with him, in my mind, had finished.

After the horse has bolted springs to mind if that is the case.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #751: Jun 30, 2014 10:07:42 pm
      Another Suarez biting incident gives me an excuse to post this gem again:

Tom the Biting Guy (LFCTV)

"Which one of us hasn't bitten someone?"
      Fazakerley mate  :D
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #752: Jul 01, 2014 05:36:26 am
      I think fot once, the press and talking idiots are right. He's gone. I think the fact he made an official apology and admission of guilt without doing it through Liverpool FC and then not apologizing to the club or supporters,  shows his intention to leave. I think he's going to Barca and that was something they needed in order to lessen his ban from FIFA.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #753: Jul 01, 2014 11:52:59 am
      Personally, as I've said before, I think Suarez was led around by the nose by the team officials at the world cup, and he basically said what he was told to say.

He got home, and someone close to him said "what the F**k were you thinking? Nobody is going to buy that sh*t, just come straight out and apologise for fucks sake."

As I've also said before, I think he's easily led.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #754: Jul 01, 2014 12:29:25 pm
      He got home, and someone close to him said "what the F**k were you thinking? Nobody is going to buy that sh*t, just come straight out and apologise for fucks sake."

The missus or probably Delfina!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #755: Jul 01, 2014 12:31:54 pm

:laugh:
      whoever it was has done him a favour. ;) as long as it wasn't barca  >:D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #756: Jul 01, 2014 12:34:15 pm

Personally, as I've said before, I think Suarez was led around by the nose by the team officials at the world cup, and he basically said what he was told to say.

He got home, and someone close to him said "what the f**k were you thinking? Nobody is going to buy that sh*t, just come straight out and apologise for fucks sake."

As I've also said before, I think he's easily led.

Little Delfina needs to watch her language
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #757: Jul 01, 2014 12:47:12 pm
      I am not so sure as some that he didn't apologize just to facilitate his transfer to Barca.

I think just like when he bit Chiellini, people will do anything to avoid the truth, but sitting there with your fingers in your ears and your eyes tight shut singing Luis Suarez songs may not be enough to stop him leaving or at least wanting to.   

Certainly Luis could have apologized just because after reflection he thought it was the right thing to do, or he could have apologized because a few days earlier Barca had insisted he apologize before any transfer could be made.

Make your own minds up, but do it with your eyes open and without your hands over your ears.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #758: Jul 01, 2014 12:51:55 pm
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9291502/transfer-news-liverpool-striker-luis-suarez-pledges-future-to-premier-league-club

That's the last interview in which he answered any direct questions on his transfer. After this, he gave an interview in Spain. But, it had nothing to do with a move away from Liverpool.

Barcelona as a city and club is definitely tempting to any footballer. If he has to leave, let it happen amicably. I hope it's not another macmanaman/Owen/masch/Torres kind of transfer.

Quick Reply