Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What do you think LFC should do?

Keep SuƔrez
      130 (68.1%)
      Sell SuƔrez
      61 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Suarez: BANNED from all football for 4 months

Read 40986 times
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Re: Suarez: BANNED from all football for 4 months
      Reply #713: Jun 30, 2014 08:59:11 am
      Well even if Messi dresses up as a woman at home its not going to get him banned from football, so what's your point ?

And conveniently his tax fraud case has been dropped in Spain.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #714: Jun 30, 2014 09:11:47 am
      How do you really know that ?, his madness may transfer elsewhere than the football pitch, for all you know he might like dressing up in womans underwear and soddomising himself with unanimous house hold objects. :D

Don't think he needs to when his missus looks like this:

:o :o :o
      LFCexiled
      Reply #715: Jun 30, 2014 09:52:07 am
      And conveniently his tax fraud case has been dropped in Spain.

Don't think he needs to when his missus looks like this:

:o :o :o

Money can help on so many levels.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #716: Jun 30, 2014 10:32:22 am
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/luis-suarez-ban-uruguay-striker-told-fifa-panel-that-he-lost-his-balanceand-bite-was-not-deliberate-9570162.html

F*ck me it gets worse. I love Luis but either the guy has completely lost the plot or he's just taking the complete p*ss!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      Reply #717: Jun 30, 2014 12:00:00 pm
      Money can help on so many levels.

The only explanation possible mate.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #718: Jun 30, 2014 12:03:57 pm
      The only explanation possible mate.

He may be exceptionally blessed in other areas besides football .... the b***ard! :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      Reply #719: Jun 30, 2014 12:05:41 pm
      He may be exceptionally blessed in other areas besides football .... the b***ard! :)

Lucky b***ard on so many levels.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6419 
      Reply #720: Jun 30, 2014 01:04:02 pm

Tripod
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #721: Jun 30, 2014 01:26:52 pm

What's worse, the bite or the soundbite?  :)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #722: Jun 30, 2014 01:42:22 pm
      Suarez will never change, Genius and Madness go hand in hand, he's a f**king fruit loop, always will be and no amount of counseling, bans will ever change that, accept it.

100% correct. Still, when he's not banned he's a f*cking unbelievable player and he gives 110% every game, for me he'll always be a hero.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #723: Jun 30, 2014 01:54:59 pm
      I don't know if this has been posted before, apologies if it has.
      I've highlighted the part that stood out for me (probably because I was thinking along the same lines)
      FIFPro has questioned why Liverpool should be affected by the four-month ban handed out to Luis Suarez following his bite on Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

And the international players' union is also demanding to know why the game's governing body did not include a plan for 'serious treatment' for the striker following his third biting offence in four years.

The union said the player's 'right to work' was also being infringed while Suarez and the Uruguay FA are appealing against the sanctions, which include a nine-match international suspension.

In a statement FIPro said: "This is a very serious matter, as reflected by the sanctions imposed by FIFA's disciplinary committee.

"The sanction will be reviewed and FIFA will have to focus especially on the accumulation of sanctions including a four-month ban from all football activity.

"The fact that Suarez is prohibited from working for a long period must be addressed as it directly infringes his right to work. Also the fact that Liverpool FC is affected needs to be an important issue.

"Luis Suarez should receive all the support he needs to deal with any off-field issues he may be experiencing at this time. This means that the focus should be on the rehabilitation and serious treatment of the player.

"FIFPro believes that treatment must be a part of any sanction. Luis Suarez deserves all the support he needs including legal support in the appeal case in order to achieve a reduction of the sanctions."

The player's lawyer Alejandro Balbi, meanwhile, told Spanish radio station Cadena Cope: "The ban is absolutely disproportionate considering what Luis did.

"Julio Grondona, vice-president of FIFA, told me that he had never seen such a serious ban handed to a player.

"This is so grotesque and absurd that the CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) will have to revoke this unjust ruling.

"Unjust not just due to the number of games given, which is already incredible, illogical and arbitrary, but also the issue of not being able to be allowed to have any relationship with football in 120 days, and then there's the fine.

"All that was missing was life imprisonment."
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9363850/world-cup-fifpro-question-why-liverpool-are-affected-by-luis-suarez-ban

Crap source, but it has direct quotes.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #724: Jun 30, 2014 02:25:01 pm
      Another Suarez biting incident gives me an excuse to post this gem again:

Tom the Biting Guy (LFCTV)

"Which one of us hasn't bitten someone?"
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #725: Jun 30, 2014 02:30:04 pm
      Even now..6 days after the italy game , im still struggling to get my head around why suarez did this again. Keep hoping to wake up and realise it was all a nightmare.. Last time, with the ban he recieved maybe there should have been suspended sentence..of a massive kind, to act as a deterrant..if that is possible..just gutted, and its getting worse as we approach pre season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #726: Jun 30, 2014 03:12:36 pm
      Even now..6 days after the italy game , im still struggling to get my head around why suarez did this again. Keep hoping to wake up and realise it was all a nightmare.. Last time, with the ban he recieved maybe there should have been suspended sentence..of a massive kind, to act as a deterrant..if that is possible..just gutted, and its getting worse as we approach pre season.

Luis has got issues and his team have implemented a sporting psychologist to work with the player in confronting his devils.
      Uruguay saw fit to dispense with the therapy for reasons best known to themselves, irrespective of the fact that said treatment appeared to be successful in the domestic arena at least, where Suarez had been behaving himself for a good length of time.
      The question has to be asked as to why the treatment was not continued or the very least his demeanour monitored for signs of any change of stress levels etc.
      In light of these omissions by the Uruguay coaching team their complaints about the penalties imposed are made to look less than valid.

The situation could have been prevented if Luis had received counselling similar to his treatment at LFC, the neglect of player concern by his national team therefore could be said to have caused his ban. His own team who address the players issues on a regular basis bear the greater punishment for Uruguay's lack of professionalism.
      There ain't no F***ing justice.
      But hey what's new?       
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #727: Jun 30, 2014 03:30:42 pm
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #728: Jun 30, 2014 03:47:12 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #729: Jun 30, 2014 03:55:38 pm

I think it is a non starter. The ban is for Luis, he has a FIFA licence I guess to play in their affiliated games. All though the Kosovo club is not bound by FIFA, Luis is.

They'd come down on him like a ton of bricks, pissing on their parade with the bite, and then sticking 2 fingers up to their ban, sh*t, they'd go ballistic.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #730: Jun 30, 2014 03:58:49 pm

I'm guessing play football mate as I doubt he could offer much help to the chef, housekeeping or grounds staff.  He'll still be getting full pay from somebody whilst he's banned, at least this way he's training and playing but hopefully not biting anyone  ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #731: Jun 30, 2014 04:00:16 pm
      I think it is a non starter. The ban is for Luis, he has a FIFA licence I guess to play in their affiliated games. All though the Kosovo club is not bound by FIFA, Luis is.

They'd come down on him like a ton of bricks, pissing on their parade with the bite, and then sticking 2 fingers up to their ban, sh*t, they'd go ballistic.

Thought there would be some reason why it wouldn't work mate, just seemed too easy an option.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #732: Jun 30, 2014 04:02:28 pm
      sticking 2 fingers up to their ban

Might be the only reason Luis would contemplate doing it.

I agree though mate, I don't think it is possible.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #733: Jun 30, 2014 05:49:52 pm
      Might be the only reason Luis would contemplate doing it.

I agree though mate, I don't think it is possible.

I think it is actually possibly but highly improbable if he's a Liverpool player simply because of the negative PR surrounding such an event would generate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #734: Jun 30, 2014 06:07:53 pm

Guaranteed he will start another Balkans conflict and end up on War Crimes charges in The Hague. I don't think it's a good idea!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6419 
      Reply #735: Jun 30, 2014 06:20:47 pm

Quick Reply