Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Adam Lallana (End of contract, BHA)

Read 225877 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Re: Adam Lallana Player Thread
      Reply #529: Mar 10, 2015 10:49:44 pm
      I don't even know what "average" is anymore. 

standards have been lowered so much in the past few years that that word has almost lost its meaning. 

Standards have been lowered?

Really?

Could have sworn we amost won the bloody league last season.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #530: Mar 10, 2015 10:50:07 pm
      No, it's lost its meaning because too many people like you expect every player to get a 10 rating every match.

Suarez played like a "10 rating" during 99% of his matches with us.

If he can work that hard and play at the high of a level, why can't the others?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #531: Mar 10, 2015 10:52:09 pm
      Standards have been lowered?

Really?

Could have sworn we amost won the bloody league last season.

case in point.

finishing second is now seen as a major achievement.

don't need to remind you what Shankly thought about finishing second.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #532: Mar 10, 2015 10:53:03 pm

We're you saying that during his first season when he was missing sitters and thought the woodwork was the back of the net?
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #533: Mar 10, 2015 10:57:56 pm
      I think I would rather have Lallana and Marko. Adam is already a good player and Marko could be truly world class in a couple years.

FFS FL - be negative about something, anything....pleeeease ;D If only to prove to us that you're not some kind of Bot and that you are indeed human.

You're the Ned Flanders of this forum mate. :f_tongueincheek:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #534: Mar 10, 2015 10:58:37 pm

No he didn't.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #535: Mar 10, 2015 11:00:04 pm
      FFS FL - be negative about something, anything....pleeeease ;D If only to prove to us that you're not some kind of Bot and that you are indeed human.

You're the Ned Flanders of this forum mate. :f_tongueincheek:

I don't rate Brad Jones at all. :)
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #536: Mar 10, 2015 11:01:25 pm

yes he did.  Even in the games when he wasn't scoring, he was always putting himself about, creating chances, creating assists, etc.  Even now during his "slump" at Barca, he was one of their best players, all sorts of assists, and so on and so forth.

Even when Suarez wasn't 100%, he was still having a massive impact on our games. 

the revisionist history with Suarez is shocking.  Now all of a sudden he had long patches where he was anonymous. 

can't believe it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #537: Mar 10, 2015 11:37:22 pm
      case in point.

finishing second is now seen as a major achievement.

don't need to remind you what Shankly thought about finishing second.

If you have read any of my posts Fed you will know my thoughts on what constitutes success so I'm not getting into that.

My point is that our performance last season was anything but average and most of those players are still at the club so I think standards are a lot higher than you make them out to be.

But carry on bitching and moaning about virtually every player at the club if that's what makes you tick.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #538: Mar 10, 2015 11:41:44 pm
      yes he did.  Even in the games when he wasn't scoring, he was always putting himself about, creating chances, creating assists, etc.  Even now during his "slump" at Barca, he was one of their best players, all sorts of assists, and so on and so forth.

Even when Suarez wasn't 100%, he was still having a massive impact on our games. 

the revisionist history with Suarez is shocking.  Now all of a sudden he had long patches where he was anonymous. 

can't believe it.
      I don't think anyone said long patches, not too mention its ridiculous to compare any of our players to him when judging their impact on the game. He is a one of a kind, even offering things Messi and Romaldo don't.

You are simply moving the goal to suit your own agenda.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #539: Mar 11, 2015 02:03:10 am
      So.... is there EVER a time we can, you know, expect someone to play well right away?

Looking at the Premier League alone, Sanchez, Fabregas (though his form has dipped, Chambers, Lampard (to a small degree), Janmaat (shone in a poor side), Forster. Been a few signings that have been good but inconsistent, but those I've listed have been quality, in a league in which very few new signings have been.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #540: Mar 11, 2015 06:47:27 am
      I think I would rather have Lallana and Marko. Adam is already a good player and Marko could be truly world class in a couple years.

That's where we differ mate, I'd rather have had world class right right now. Who knows how Markovic and to a lesser extent Lallana will work out. Fabregas is having a better season than the two combined, comfortably I would argue but hey hi.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #541: Mar 11, 2015 01:39:08 pm
      That's where we differ mate, I'd rather have had world class right right now. Who knows how Markovic and to a lesser extent Lallana will work out. Fabregas is having a better season than the two combined, comfortably I would argue but hey hi.

Unrelated to the point you're making Scott, but one thing about Fabregas is he always has a better first half of the season. He usually drops off drastically in the second half for whatever reason. For example, this season: 4 goals, 17 assists (25 apps, all comps) through Dec. 28. 0 goals, 3 assists (11 apps, all comps) since Jan. 1. I don't really that trend changing too much.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #542: Mar 11, 2015 02:01:14 pm
      Unrelated to the point you're making Scott, but one thing about Fabregas is he always has a better first half of the season. He usually drops off drastically in the second half for whatever reason. For example, this season: 4 goals, 17 assists (25 apps, all comps) through Dec. 28. 0 goals, 3 assists (11 apps, all comps) since Jan. 1. I don't really that trend changing too much.

I wasn't aware of that mate although I strongly suspect the 20 assists will comfortably out pace the combined totals of Lallana and Markovic come the end of the season. And I daresay his assists total next season will be in excess of the combined efforts of those two players as well. That's why I would rather go the club paid for quality rather than quantity. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #543: Mar 11, 2015 02:03:04 pm
      That's why I would rather go the club paid for quality rather than quantity. 

I do agree Scott butbin Cesc's case I'm not sure he would ever had come here over Chelsea.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #544: Mar 11, 2015 02:10:23 pm
      I do agree Scott butbin Cesc's case I'm not sure he would ever had come here over Chelsea.

Why would he when we can't get close to the wages the chavs offer?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #545: Mar 11, 2015 02:16:45 pm
      I wasn't aware of that mate although I strongly suspect the 20 assists will comfortably out pace the combined totals of Lallana and Markovic come the end of the season. And I daresay his assists total next season will be in excess of the combined efforts of those two players as well. That's why I would rather go the club paid for quality rather than quantity. 

Oh no, I do agree! I was just bringing Fabregas' weird habit of bossing one half of the season.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #546: Mar 11, 2015 02:57:39 pm
      Fabregas had a better first half of the season. He usually drops off drastically in the second half of seasons for whatever reason. For example, this season: 4 goals, 17 assists (25 apps, all comps) through Dec. 28. 0 goals, 3 assists (11 apps, all comps) since Jan. 1. I don't really that trend changing too much.

I remember having making this argument with some random individual on Facebook during Fabregas' last season at Barcelona. He always has a better first half to the season.

2010/11: First Half (16 games, 6 goals, 9 assists) Second Half (20 games, 3 goals, 5 assists)
      2011/12: First Half (21 games, 11 goals, 5 assists) Second Half (27 games, 4 goals, 6 assists)
      2012/13: First Half (22 games, 7 goals, 9 assists) Second Half (26 games, 7 goals, 2 assists)
      2013/14: First Half (24 games, 9 goals, 10 assists) Second Half (30 games, 4 goals, 4 assists)

At the moment, Lallana is struggling to keep up with Fabregas second half season stats though.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #547: Mar 11, 2015 04:04:34 pm

Why would he when we can't get close to the wages the chavs offer?

Very true, he wouldn't.

Now I'm no accountant but if we had signed one Fabregas instead of one Lallana and one Markovic we would be considerably better off on the football front and no worse off on the financial front.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #548: Mar 11, 2015 05:28:27 pm
      Are we really comparing Lallana and Fabregas?

Aren't they totally different players?

And with all due respect to Fabregas...he's had a constant (man it pains me to say this) world class striker to work with for the entire season.

A bit similar to how Luis Suarez supposedly made everyone look better last year for us.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #549: Mar 11, 2015 05:33:56 pm

Very true, he wouldn't.

Now I'm no accountant but if we had signed one Fabregas instead of one Lallana and one Markovic we would be considerably better off on the football front and no worse off on the financial front.

Not if the owners expect Markovic to become the next Hazard in which case his value will sky rocket in 3/4 years.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #550: Mar 11, 2015 06:07:27 pm
      Are we really comparing Lallana and Fabregas?

Aren't they totally different players?

And with all due respect to Fabregas...he's had a constant (man it pains me to say this) world class striker to work with for the entire season.

A bit similar to how Luis Suarez supposedly made everyone look better last year for us.

I just said I would rather have had Fabregas than Lallana + Markovic and the conversation has gone on a touch from there is all.

I don't think there is any need to try and dumb down his play thus far this season, he would have improved us no end, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

Anyways, its the Lallana thread so apologies for derailing it! He's a good player, I like him, will he live up to his price tag over the coming seasons? Time will tell, I hope he does and think he has the ability to do so, we will see.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #551: Mar 11, 2015 06:13:59 pm
      I just said I would rather have had Fabregas than Lallana + Markovic and the conversation has gone on a touch from there is all.

I don't think there is any need to try and dumb down his play thus far this season, he would have improved us no end, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

Anyways, its the Lallana thread so apologies for derailing it! He's a good player, I like him, will he live up to his price tag over the coming seasons? Time will tell, I hope he does and think he has the ability to do so, we will see.

More or less with you on that.

As for Cesc...always something about him I haven't liked...can't put my finger on it but I've just never thought he was quite as good as he was made out to be. Probably just personal bias. Just like why I like Lallana more than some...probably just personal bias I suppose.

Quick Reply